WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Happy more of Friday!

I sure hope you keep the flu away @cory17 - take tons of vitamin C and get plenty of rest. Then let the good old human immune system do its awesome work!

@Terytha - step away from the giant sandwich! You are feeling sleepy... Your eyes are getting heavy... Follow the swinging pocket watch... tick... tock... tick... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well done @Shexio! You are right to go after plenty of fibre. It makes everything better!

@matthewsfive - I am seriously impressed that this is the first month you have not lost some weight in 12 months! Or 13 if you lost in January 2019. Take a little plateau - enjoy sitting still for a minute - and you'll certainly get losing again. It sounds like a good moment for the free trial version of maintenance, right? Don't lose for a bit, and then your mojo will be back!

WTG @robertefortier536 :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    OK folks - update on weigh-ins -

DUE:
    @ejdp254
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrsjar5311
    @mrs_chivonne

DUE SATURDAY:
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps Friday: 5,400
    More later today. Happy Caturday! 😻
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ugh work has us do a weigh in and if we are in our healthy BMI weight we get an extra $600. I have know about this since January 1st and have been working really hard to get to my weight. My weigh in was yesterday and I was still overweight according to my BMI. I’ve only lost 5 lbs in these last two months and they were all mostly lost in the first 2 weeks. Now I do have another chance to get the $ but I have to do a program like Weight Watchers or Noom. I’m a little frustrated.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @bunnybuns1111 dang on the missed BMI. Would a program like the Beachbody 21 Day fix also be an option? I enjoyed the portion control of that program when I did it a couple years ago.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ugh work has us do a weigh in and if we are in our healthy BMI weight we get an extra $600. I have know about this since January 1st and have been working really hard to get to my weight. My weigh in was yesterday and I was still overweight according to my BMI. I’ve only lost 5 lbs in these last two months and they were all mostly lost in the first 2 weeks. Now I do have another chance to get the $ but I have to do a program like Weight Watchers or Noom. I’m a little frustrated.
    Shexio wrote: »
    @bunnybuns1111 dang on the missed BMI. Would a program like the Beachbody 21 Day fix also be an option? I enjoyed the portion control of that program when I did it a couple years ago.

Maybe you could suggest our program? You have to weigh in weekly just like WW, you can commit to the exercise program of your choice and report daily, keep up your food/exercise diary, etc. We'd love to be your team for this, and then we can cheer you on and toss the tiaras around when you get your bonus! At least this one is free - but if you have to do another program, I hope you'll stick with us to share your progress.

Let the frustration push you forward - one of my favourite reminders comes from a fantastic novel by Peter Behrens (The Law of Dreams). "Anger gave you strength. Disquiet kept you going."

• jugar
    Options
    Yesterday was the first day since early in the month that I have checked off ALL 5 of the actions I am tracking in the habit tracker. Sheesh! I have been quite the slacker. It is amazing to see the whole month in one place and to note where the holes tend to grow. I used to hate this kind of tracker because it was somehow shameful to have something not checked off. But it is just information. Sometimes it is because the habit I chose is not important enough, or is something I am resisting for a reason it is good to think about. Sometimes, it is just life getting in the way. Sometimes it is me being a slacker. Whatever the reason, it is data - anyone who still wants to use the habit tracker is welcome! It is in the Announcements section. If you have questions, just post 'em here.
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 - your snow is adorable!

60dqscdr5kgf.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @micki48 - your snow is adorable!

60dqscdr5kgf.png

🤣😂🤣😂
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options

I hope it’s your insurance and not your actual job making you weigh in. That would really stink and violate privacy.

You know you can get rid of that 5 pounds and we will happily cheer you on and support you.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Thanks, I will take a month on maintenance. I am having surgery on Tuesday and will not be up to weighing in for a few weeks. I will have a lot of swelling. Drainage ports for 2 weeks. Not going to be fun. When I come back do I use my last weigh for Feb as my start weight??
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy more of Friday!

@matthewsfive - I am seriously impressed that this is the first month you have not lost some weight in 12 months! Or 13 if you lost in January 2019. Take a little plateau - enjoy sitting still for a minute - and you'll certainly get losing again. It sounds like a good moment for the free trial version of maintenance, right? Don't lose for a bit, and then your mojo will be back!

@jugar
    Thanks I have been working so hard for this weight loss.
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late update. I had a really busy day on yesterday. Both the kids had sleepovers so my house was full of kids. It’s 4pm and the last kid just left 🙄 I’m totally exhausted lol

PW: 153.0
    CW: 152.5
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @bunnybuns1111 So sorry for the disappointment at your work weigh in. I used noom for 8 months and it changed everything for me. The main curriculum is 4 months and they want you to master the material, graduate and never need to come back. It's about the psychological part of weight loss. I worked through some major food issues through their program: perfectionism, black and white thinking, not being compassionate with myself, justifying eating tons because I was tired, busy, worked hard etc., avoiding food groups, following rigid eating schedules, making excuses, being out of control when certain foods were in the house. I am happy to say I have worked through many of these and if I have a slip up I see it for what it is a move on quickly. If you struggle with the psychological part, noom is worth considering.
This discussion has been closed.