Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    PW: 136.0
    Last week -- MIA -- SORRY!

CW: 135.2

Not a lot to report...last week was just another crazy week -- but I didn't want to not show up again -- so I'm sorry that I don't have MORE to report as a loss, but a loss is a loss -- so there it is. Determined as ever to get back to the 120's -- February is so difficult because A. it's cold, and B. when it's cold don't we turn to comfort food? and C. shorts and gardening and beach days seem SO far away... we're not going anywhere anytime soon, so why not get that dessert? Oh well.

Again (I hope I'm not boring you all!) I resort back to the power yoga classes -- both my husband and I do them RELIGIOUSLY (at least 3-4 classes per week) and they give us balance and strength and SWEAT! It's the only reason I AM losing right now!

So the kid (ha! Our son just turned 23 last week... not quite a kid anymore....but still so much ahead of him....last year he was a senior in college!) is home with his girlfriend this weekend, and we are a little family once more. The pup is ecstatic, of course, but missing her bed!

Keep it going everyone!

Great to see you! I hear you on the desire to hibernate. But you are taking those sweaty power yoga classes and that is fantastic! So nice for you to have your son home (mine is 23 also! lovely, but still kid-like in a lot of ways, eh?) - so you can all enjoy the winter weather together. Enjoy!
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Checking in.. had a birthday meal yesterday and the scale showed it this am, but I imagine it will be gone in a couple of days!.. Have a great week everyone!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I did mean to put up a fuller post yesterday, but suddenly found myself busy - the curse of being self employed and using Sundays to "set up the following week".

Last week was a little bit crazy and I was in Manchester for 2 days at a workshop. Being away from home really affects my diet (I can't really be bothered) and my sleep (I seem to be at that tiresome age where I only sleep well in my own bed!). So I was very grateful to still lose a bit at weigh in yesterday. I did manage to keep my steps up staying in a hotel 10 minutes' walk from the workshop.

This week I'm starting a new 8 week Fitness Blender. I'm very excited, but I really want to keep it going and do all 8 weeks (I have a terrible habit of abandoning all fitness programs about half way). But I did complete the 4 week SELF New Year program last week, so I think I'll do it.

I've also started logging my food in MFP again.

Let's see how the rest of this month pans out!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sorry! I went twice to post my steps and got interrupted. Do you want my steps for the month or just skip it?

I am still sick and it is driving me insane. I don't usually get sick and this is my third cold this year and it has now lingered for a week. Plus, my 4 year old has a fever. We leave for my nieces wedding in San Antonio in just over a week. I hope we all get over this soon.

Hugs to you @KellyBgetsfit. Being sick stinks, but a sick kiddo is so sad. Hope you are all on the mend soon.

Yes, go ahead and post your steps. I will put them in and they will show up with our total monthly steps. And no worries. It’s understandable with all that you’ve been dealing with.
  • micki48
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I’m still wobbly here with my eating. Lunch I grabbed leftovers not to waste.

It occurred to me as I was thinking about what I did, that it comes down to waste or waist. Which do I care more about? I want that waist to keep getting smaller.

I have been off kilter since I lost my book with all my weight loss data from years past. I have been looking, but still nothing. So if you want to send positive juju for finding lost things this way, I will take it. Meanwhile book or no book, I’ve got to get myself together.

Hope you are all having a great day.
  • micki48
    Options
    Checking in.. had a birthday meal yesterday and the scale showed it this am, but I imagine it will be gone in a couple of days!.. Have a great week everyone!

@Andreabroadley Happy birthday to you🎉🎂🎈
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My birthday is tomorrow but yesterday was technically the party. We went to a Harry Potter themed escape room. It was hard, but very fun to yell spells and have things happen "magically." We got out with just three minutes left on the clock. The group starting their own room were quite startled when we burst out of ours.

Then I went home and accidentally ate 900 calories worth of cake. Whoops! It was quite tasty though, so between you and me it was kinda worth it.

Tomorrow we're having a mini-party just the two of us, we're gonna go play at the arcade for a few hours then go for sushi. I refuse to grow up! :smiley:

A couple days eating around maintenance won't kill me.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @Terytha OMG it sounds like you had the best time and cake for your birthday sounds just fine. Happy birthday and enjoy your date with your husband ☺️
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha wishing you an awesome birthday and that cake sounds fabulous. 🎉🎂🎈

@conleywoods and @jugar your days sound wonderful.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Steps: 3,410
    Long day with good sunshine, a quick visit with @jugar for supper at a small Chinese restaurant in Bradford, VT (great company, slightly disappointing food); then, I had rehearsal from 7-8:30 en route back towards home and now, almost in bed.
    Some might, I’ll feel as though it’s possible to catch up. Not quite...but, soon, I hope!
    G’night!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Happy Birthday ! Hope you have a great day ! That escape room sounds fun, I've always wanted to try one..
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps = 2/17 - 9021

Got on the treadmill after dinner, and my stupid tablet wouldn't work... messed with it for 10 minutes, then gave up, went and pouted on the couch.. then decided I had to do the 45 minutes, that was my plan for the day and I had to do it... went back down and tried again.. It worked, I got my 45 minutes in... Whew... crisis averted...

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Terytha I have always wanted to try an escape room but my husband says the idea of being locked in a room makes him claustrophobic.

@jugar I am jealous of all your snowshoeing! Do you hike in the summer when the snow melts?

Last Weeks Steps
    Sun - 6458
    Mon 13,779
    Tues 3480 (snow day, I actually rested to try to get over this crud
    Wed 12,713
    Thurs- 14,765
    Fri - 13,147
    Sat - 6613

This Week
    Sun 6807
    Mon 6139

I slept great last night. I hope I am finally over this crud!
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!! Gray day here again. But, after about two weeks, my little red book (it’s actually pink apparently) has been found. My daughter found it behind the sofa. So I must have balanced it on the top and it fell back. 😐. Just happy to have it back. I’m not Catholic, but she said the St. Anthony prayer, then found it.

Steps for Monday - 10,683

Hoping to get to the Science Center with my granddaughter today.

Have a great one. ❤️🤗
  • micki48
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Great stepping!!!

Thanks for those steps @evelynladams527, @Gidgitgoescrazy , and Kelly.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Your determination to do your scheduled exercise is inspiring!! 👟💪🏼

@matthewsfive Thinking of you. Praying all goes well.

@Terytha Happy birthday!!!! Enjoy your private celebration with hubby. 🎂
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 5:20 AM workout. I've been at it for awhile and it finally is easy to get up and I'm officially calling it a habit! Bonus: my kids stay in bed and don't stare at me while I workout 😂

@micki48 I'm so glad you found your book! You must be relieved. You're going to have to take some pics of the important pages with your phone so you at least have a backup!

@Gidgitgoescrazy Don't you hate when technology won't cooperate! Obviously pouting paid off because it started working and you got it done! Hooray for you 👍

@KellyBgetsfit Glad you are starting to feel better! Sending good vibes and fingers crossed nothing else circles through your house. 🤞

Happy birthday @Terytha🎂
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I am jealous of all your snowshoeing! Do you hike in the summer when the snow melts?

I slept great last night. I hope I am finally over this crud!

I love it when people are jealous of things like that! I certainly do hike in the summer - but the national bird of Canada is the mosquito, so DEET is my friend. I am just happy I live where I can spend so much time outdoors. Between my vegetable garden and the hills and trails everywhere, I am able to enjoy it all. The only rough patch is "mud season". That is a way too long period between the end of snow and the beginning of summer. Everything is trying to thaw, but it takes time and on top of the underground ice sits a lovely layer of mud. With holes in it. It isn't really spring, but just terrible messy trails and roads (mostly gravel roads around here). So if I get cranky for a while, you'll know why!

And I am so glad to hear that you are getting over your cruddy bug!
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 - you found it! Now it is

kqwxxwlbtfyt.png

It's enough to make you reconsider the power of saints to make us move furniture :D
This discussion has been closed.