WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am following up on my back up plans from earlier today. Plan A was already a fail. Turns out plan B was also a fail. Got an email from a parent at the end of the day who was having a meltdown about what her son should work on in therapy next. It wasn't a total surprise and I had planned ahead for this mom to have a freak out. In fact I have given her enough time to fit 2 more freak outs in. Finally left work half an hour late but sent her a nice email with a to do list before we chat again tomorrow afternoon. Plan C was the winner tonight! Rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes while dinner baked and I bribed my son with dollar bills and sour patch kids to do his homework. Going to put my babies to bed and probably crash on the couch next!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Whew! @ddmiddleton2 and @conleywoods I'm exhausted just reading about your times. You are amazing - keeping so many things going and working through the plans. Even though you had to eat a second dinner, Darcy, you had a kind friend to bring it to you. I think you did the right thing, and afterwards you have been logging and doing your best to stay on track. There is no shame in that! You didn't just eat the whole thing and then keep on for days afterwards - well done! You're going to get there. And Kristi, you were so kind to the parent with a meltdown, got your son fed, bribed, and through his homework all while getting those 30 minutes of pedalling in. I certainly hope you crashed on the couch after that!

There is much to admire in this team. It isn't easy and you're hanging in there, heading for those goals!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 4,100
    Heading to bed - nice flying by and look forward to landing during lunch tomorrow!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Wednesday off and running -
    PW: 177.6
    CW 176.4

• jugar
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Another grey and dreary day here today - big snow on the way hopefully, but it might go up the river (St. Lawrence) north of us and not make me happy. We'll see by tomorrow.

Today is my volunteer day at the elementary after school program where I help kids with their homework and then help (hahaha) them run around in the gym after they finish as a reward. Some of them are right pains in the hind end, some of them are hilarious, but it is never dull. The kids are the ones who need help or their parents work so they can't go home until later - some of them from quite difficult circumstances. Since my son is dyslexic and I worked really hard with him all through school, I seem to end up with the dyslexic kids, or the ones who just don't wanna. After years of cajoling, I can usually get them to do something! They think I'm more ancient than their grannies. Which I mostly am!

I have been looking over my resolutions, goals, and plans that I posted back in December and early January. Some of them I am just beginning to maybe perhaps start thinking about doing, and some have been going along OK. I got very excited yesterday when I made a breakthrough on a sound project I am doing. It feels like the creative juices are flowing just as the maple sap is starting to flow. Hmmmm. I do love my maple syrup. I have also finally started making really good use of my calendar/planner. As recommended by my brilliant elder niece ( @evelynladams527 's kid!) I bought a Passion Planner. Sounded a bit too girly to me, but it is amazing. If you use it. Which I sort of am now. If you need to get organised and like doing it on paper, check them out!

Have a look at your goals and see what needs removing, revising, reviving. (To re or not to re...) Enjoy your day!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    @jugar wish could send my grandson to you. I don't see much of him :( He has had difficulty all thru school "just don't wanna" Next year going to high school - a scary thought! how that will go. What is the difference of a a passion planner re annual planner?

Realized midday that I'm supposed to be fasting. Maybe that will help with tomorrow's weigh in. Onward I go
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @jugar wish could send my grandson to you. I don't see much of him :( He has had difficulty all thru school "just don't wanna" Next year going to high school - a scary thought! how that will go. What is the difference of a a passion planner re annual planner?

Realized midday that I'm supposed to be fasting. Maybe that will help with tomorrow's weigh in. Onward I go

It is so hard getting through to the "just don't wanna" kids - but they are sometimes the most offbeat and interesting once they know it is safe to say whatever they want. What I dislike about schools in general (primary and secondary) is how important it is to control the kids. Some of them relate to the efforts to engage them, but some don't, and they are the ones who end up feeling unheard. What I like about this after school program is the time we get to catch the ones who are falling through the cracks. After a career working in university level, I thought I would like working with the high school kids, but I really prefer the 5th and 6th graders - right when they start disconnecting. I'm not sure our little program can really do much, but it feels hopeful sometimes. Send your grandson up any time! I have seen a few go off to high school that I though YIKES but they have done ok in a different environment.

The passion planner is just a paper agenda, but there is method to their madness. The website has a lot of their stuff for free if you just want to print out your own, or they sell the printed, bound agendas. There are many pages for working on your long and short-range plans, and every week includes spaces for your to-do lists, your priorities, reflections, etc. I am enjoying it. They are available at https://passionplanner.com/
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick reminder!
    The March challenge is right around the corner. Whatever your numbers and goals, Fat2Fit and your WaistAways team members are here to support you in reaching your health and fitness goals.

To be part of the March challenge, you don't need to do anything. Unless you tell us you want to make a change, we will add you to the March challenge with the same weigh-in day and with your last February weigh-in number as your starting number for March.

With the start of the new month, we will start a new conversation thread. We will post the link to the March thread here in a day or two.

Make sense?

Come back with any questions!
    zknovdc9ikcn.jpg

To share the registration page for March, send people to:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10786420/fat-2-fit-registration-for-march-2020#latest

Anyone who signs up can request a specific team, or just wait to be assigned to whichever team needs some new people!
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, it has gone rather quiet today.

It is that quiet time of the week when not too many weigh-ins are due! But I still need
    @ejdp254
    @evelynladams527

And tomorrow there is a SOLO weigh-in for:
    @cory17

Send me numbers. I get sad on these days when not many numbers happen.
    zo0jjcfa71fu.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 4,100
    Heading to bed - nice flying by and look forward to landing during lunch tomorrow!

@evelynladams527 Could you post Sunday and Monday? I don't have those steps, but got these from the 25th. Thanks.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    cdvddv96iort.jpeg
    Hi all!!! Today was much better staying on track. I think I may have found that spark. First time I've been to the gym to exercise in a while. Dear husband encouraged me to go and get out of the house. It felt great! Good workout. Had a delish dinner of salmon, a small piece of NY strip steak, green beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and baked potato. So yummy!! I am up over 10,000 steps today.

My possibly broken finger is still a bit swollen and VERY, VERY bruised. I can move it pretty well, but it hurts when I make a fist. I think it would be a lot worse if it was broken. There is one weird bump part between my hand knuckle and the 2nd knuckle. Who knows!? I have a regular annual visit on Tuesday, if it still hurts, I will mention it to her. They can't do much for a broken finger anyway, can they?

@matthewsfive I know you're only a day post surgery, but I am thinking of you and hope you are managing. Sending healing vibes to you, my friend.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for
    2/24 - 3192
    2/25- 587
    2/26 - 652

I've been deathly ill, okay maybe not deathly but it felt that way... Feeling 80% better today, still hurts to breath, but I am not so congested... gosh it takes alot out of you when you can't breath very well, it made me tired to get up and walk to the bathroom...

Think I am giving myself till Saturday atleast to exercise, but am definitely back on the eating well wagon today... I really want to skip weigh in this week, ya see as long as my stomach isn't affected, when I am sick, I eat, and I eat alot... I don't know why, always have... anyway, I was making good progress and I just don't want those number to derail me...
  • jugar
    Options
    I really want to skip weigh in this week, ya see as long as my stomach isn't affected, when I am sick, I eat, and I eat alot... I don't know why, always have... anyway, I was making good progress and I just don't want those number to derail me...

No problem - I can carry over your weight from last week. But if you change your mind, go ahead and submit one anyhow!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy So sorry you have been sick. Sounds like a bad one for sure. Glad you are feeling better. Get lots of rest.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I had only one tiny 35 calorie chocolate yesterday and today I'm down almost a pound, plus I'm not in the severe pain I was in yesterday. That despite eating a ton of salty popcorn.

So. I guess I found my problem, much as it hurts my heart.

Going forward, I get a maximum of 100 calories worth of chocolate in a day, no matter how much room I actually have left. Let's see if that gets me through the next week with a minimum of painkillers and unsticks my weight loss.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!)
    We have a new member to welcome! Hopefully she will be by to say hello shortly. Be ready to welcome @graceojo999 (and her adorable doggy).

The March chat threads should go up some time later today, so get your intro ready to post! Even if it is exactly the same as the one you did last month, it is always good to be reminded about you, where you are, where you are on your weight loss and fitness quests, and anything else you like to share. Bragging (and complaining!) about kids and grandkids, hometown news, travels, work, and anything else are welcome. I will keep adding to our shared intro document - be sure to check it out (and edit anything you want on your own intro :smiley: ) at
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y_cLaQDEEoxZiulsWKKIPyfSGR5985PeQvWa6_wjKLA/edit?usp=sharing

I have also put the first names of members (when I know them) on our spreadsheet, in the very last column to the right. If you can't remember and want to refer to someone by their name, that helps! The link to the monthly spreadsheet is always on the F2F home page right after the monthly timeline.
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    wow , so i've missed 26 posts..... i will catch up! seeing as i have another week until i can go back to work ..... had some holiday, then managed to injure my back, now off work.... feeling like there are so many things wrong with me right now and i am doing nothing to help myself, nothing to move forward, absolutely nothing , it's like i don't care enough or value myself , seriously, i know i'm worth it and i just want to be the old me who was active and could run and move and felt (and looked! ) good. But i just can't motivate myself!!!!!!

Any way , working on trying some hobbies....trying to learn photography....and how are your weeks going?? :smile:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *260 posts
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am happy to be part of the team. Pumped and ready for March. :)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    CW 211.8
This discussion has been closed.