WAISTAWAYS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    swn2oomtpkgj.png
    Sorry for the delay! Here are the results for WEEK 2 of the February F2F Challenge at last.

q9t083o8sn6a.png

PLACE TEAM by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st Downsizers 0.40%
    2nd WaistAways 0.37%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%

PLACE TEAM by POUNDS LOST
    1st Downsizers 18.8 Lbs
    2nd WaistAways 16.5
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 13.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st @kayla7303 2.83%
    2nd @Kguin0323 2.46%
    3rd @mrsjar5311 2.29%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by POUNDS LOST
    1st @kayla7303 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @Jen_967 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @kguin0323 4.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Pearl4686
    @Wilsonkellies
    @Jen_967
    @Kpaige428
    @apple852hk
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @rosieposiesrl
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @samuel860

And here are the top 3 WaistAways for the week:

nrd1nebg0n4w.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Well done Team!! We hit 2nd place this week, and almost caught up to the Downsizers!

It was a long job doing the tallies today. Some of the people who made it through January have lost their resolve, and stopped logging, weighing-in, and posting. Each team still has a strong contingent of around 25 people (we are 150 total on the 6 teams) but today was the day that anyone who had not posted or weighed in this month was dropped. Some of them have found another team or message board that works better for them, but many have disappeared from MFP altogether. It's a long haul, and I'm glad we're together!

You'll notice the rather weird looking results posting today - I had to do it because Rebecca @Beka3695 is on her way for the birth of her first grandchild. She went to her daughter's last weekend, but labour stopped and the baby decided to spend another week in his cozy little world. Today he seems to be ready to get things moving! Hopefully Beka's more elegant awards announcements will be back next week :blush:

I'm heading over to the Leaping Groundhogs thread to finally catch up and post the question for tomorrow. We're more than halfway through the month, so if you need some inspiration or have time to share your answers to any of the questions, head on over there.

HEADS UP! Weigh-ins due:
    @ejdp254 (today)
    Monday:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @reflectionofme
    @juliemargaretkim

Thanks!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Well done Team!! We hit 2nd place this week, and almost caught up to the Downsizers!

It was a long job doing the tallies today. Some of the people who made it through January have lost their resolve, and stopped logging, weighing-in, and posting. Each team still has a strong contingent of around 25 people (we are 150 total on the 6 teams) but today was the day that anyone who had not posted or weighed in this month was dropped. Some of them have found another team or message board that works better for them, but many have disappeared from MFP altogether. It's a long haul, and I'm glad we're together!

You'll notice the rather weird looking results posting today - I had to do it because Rebecca @Beka3695 is on her way for the birth of her first grandchild. She went to her daughter's last weekend, but labour stopped and the baby decided to spend another week in his cozy little world. Today he seems to be ready to get things moving! Hopefully Beka's more elegant awards announcements will be back next week :blush:

I'm heading over to the Leaping Groundhogs thread to finally catch up and post the question for tomorrow. We're more than halfway through the month, so if you need some inspiration or have time to share your answers to any of the questions, head on over there.

HEADS UP! Weigh-ins due:
    @ejdp254 (today)
    Monday:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @reflectionofme
    @juliemargaretkim

Thanks!

@jugar did I get dropped? I know I said I was sitting out this month, but I'll be back next month.
  • jugar
    edited February 2020
    Options

@jugar did I get dropped? I know I said I was sitting out this month, but I'll be back next month.

NO NEVER!! You are on the Support Team! And you can come in and post any time you want! You can also weigh in, but it won't count in the team stats. That's the only difference. Yikes! What a thought - you're stuck with us!

(The support team list is under the step team list on the spreadsheet)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sorry folks, I've been a bit unfocused the last few days. I have the results for this week's step challenge, but some people who always post their steps were missing steps and I wasn't able to find them. Sorry...

And then, I found some.

s658bonmx14j.jpeg
    Week 2 Step Results
    As a group we walked 362,230

Top 3 Steppers...

1. 🥇micki48 - 69,386
    2. 🥈@Steph1498 - 52,994
    3. @🥉Gidgitgoescrazy - 43,325 (with Sat steps missing even)
    4. 🏅@YinxFed - 43,142

Great stepping everyone!
  • jugar
    Options
    Great job on the stepping! And @micki48 topped everyone! I have been bad about putting my numbers in - will do better this week. And you will ALL be hard to beat :heart:
  • micki48
    Options
    Hi All, well these past few days have been a roller coster. It started when I had a PreOP doct appointment. I was really excited because the Doctor wanted me to lose 10 more pounds since I saw him last in Nov, I lost 15, Yay me, until I jump on his scale and its showed that I only dropped 5. I noticed his scale was off, that the pointer wasn't on 0 it looked like more like 3. But i couldn't see it because I wasn't able to make out the numbers. He called me and asked me to drop 5 more pounds, before surgery. Anyway what a blow, I showed him from my scale's app that I did lose the 15 pounds. He was good with those numbers from my scale and told me I was doing a really nice job. But it was too late, all I wanted to do was cry. I have been working sooo hard to drop this weight and that fast I wanted to run to McDonalds and buy a Big Mac and have a pity party for myself. (I DIDN'T) Friday I found myself very depressed about losing weight, it's really starting to take a toll on me. With Friday night being Valentines we decided to stay home with Friends and make a really nice dinner. So I decided not to worry about calories, sugar , fat or anything. Yes I did indulge and ate more than I do, especially the chocolate. Then comes Saturday morning and nothing, the scale didn't move. I didn't expect it to but I did eat well all week and for not watching on one night, I shouldn't be surprised. I wish I wasn't so hard on myself. I Know it was only one night and it could be water weight but like everyone else you still want the scale to move downward. I started this journey Jan 2019 and I have lost 93 pounds I should be proud but I also get down on myself for not losing every week. Trust me I know that I'm doing really good and that everyone is noticing but I can't seem to take pride in what I have achieved so far. I feel like I'm stuck in mud and can't move. My goal is to be down 120 pounds by the end of June, for my Sons wedding. I hope I can do it, I just need to get out of my own head.

@jugar
    I am having surgery next week so I will not be weighing for a few week starting after this Saturday. Issues with the weight loss I need to fix with surgery. I am scared and excited at the same time. But more scared. I will try to check in during the weeks and catch up with all of your posts.

Have a really great week. Thanks for letting me vent.

@matthewsfive I am sorry to hear your week has been so hard. I know you know you have done so well getting healthy and losing weight this past year, but maybe you need some perspective about just how well you've done. In the same time that you have lost an AMAZING 93 pounds, I have lost slightly more than 25. You have done an amazing job. I remember a while back, @jugar had mentioned we should be buddies as we were both teetering above 200 pounds. I remember this point where we both made it to Onederland. I was slightly below your weight, then I watched in total awe of you week after week as you had incredible losses. I was so proud of you and what you accomplished was REALLY amazing. So, here I am, thinking you are incredible. I know my words are not going to make you not feel down about your weight loss, but I want you to know that I have been doing this alongside you for the last year and from my perspective, it was incredible. Also remember, doctor's scales are mean, nasty instruments that ALWAYS weigh you more than your home scale. I even think the nurses may have their foot on it. (no offense to any nurses here ;)

And let's talk about self-control...you wanted to run to McDonald's, but you didn't!!!! That's because you are in control, in charge and have made this weight loss journey happen. Sometimes when you are feeling down about your accomplishments, you need to work on self-talk and tell yourself all the wonderful things you have done. And I've heard it said, that you fake it until you make it. I think you've already made it. But look in that mirror and tell yourself you are marvelously wonderful, because you are.

I believe there are others here on our team who have had similiar surgery. I can imagine that you are scared, but I'm guessing ultimately you will be happy that you have had it done. I am wishing you all the best and hope you will let us know how you are doing when you can.
  • micki48
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 and @Pearl4686 So sorry to hear the two of you have been battling a nasty bug. Hope this week is much, much better for you.

I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow, but I have eaten some things this weekend that I haven't had in a very long time. It didn't catch me off guard. I made a conscious decision to do it. Yeah, I felt lethargic after I did. But, it's done. It's over. Now time to get back on track. I think part of why I got off track was the almost 2 pound gain I had a week ago, after a good week. I think part of me thinks, I'll show you, now I'm going to eat this. The only person that really hurts is me. That kind of thinking makes no sense, and yet we do things like that. But I'll say it again. Grace over guilt and on I go.

Hope all you beauties are having a wonderful day and have a wonderful week. I am so glad you are here. You inspire and motivate me every single day. <3;)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Steps today: 3,222
    More exercise to come tomorrow with the Arthritis and Diabetes classes. That’ll help some with toning. Yay!
    Here’s to a good start to a new week with eating the right amounts and being happy with the pace of weight loss. I get impatient!
    Hugs y’all,
    G’night
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/15 = 8065
    2/16 = 5234

Had a good weekend, was feeling a bit yucky on sunday, but still managed to get a 30 min walk and stayed within calories... Saturday we visited my BIL as he had just had back surgery 2 weeks prior, so he wanted to get out of the house, so we went to dinner and the mall, where I got my ears pierced. lol They had closed up and I wasn't able to wear earings for a long time, but I have some really nice ones, so I figured why not.

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sorry! I went twice to post my steps and got interrupted. Do you want my steps for the month or just skip it?

I am still sick and it is driving me insane. I don't usually get sick and this is my third cold this year and it has now lingered for a week. Plus, my 4 year old has a fever. We leave for my nieces wedding in San Antonio in just over a week. I hope we all get over this soon.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot!
    PW 152.8
    CW 152.6

No exercise, lots of carbs. I'm honestly surprised I am down any.
  • jugar
    Options
    @matthewsfive -

You are so brave, and feeling so shaky - that is a tough place to be. Thanks for your rant, though - it is good to blurt it all out, and then get some other peoples' perspectives to help make your own more nuanced. @micki48 is absolutely right - you have been doing a fantastic job over this year. Getting weighed at the doctor's office always gets me upset too, but then at home I weight first thing in the morning, after having a good pee, and with only my little light nightshirt on. At the doc, it is after eating, clothed, and I always figure all that adds at least 5 pounds. You know you are doing well, and even a bounce or a plateau is sometimes going to happen. Many hugs are flying your way.

I'll put you on the support team from next week until you are through your recovery and ready to start back in again. You can still weigh in, and of course you can come in here and share news, thoughts, fears, laughs - whatever you want. Let us know how it all goes, ok?
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh forgot the best part of my weekend... I checked my BP periodically, and it was always around 116/76ish ( and that was before I took my meds) - 2 months ago it was 138/89ish with the meds... I'm hoping when I go back at the end of March, she says I can stop taking the pills...

That is great news - getting off meds is the way to go!
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 Sorry! I went twice to post my steps and got interrupted. Do you want my steps for the month or just skip it?

I am still sick and it is driving me insane. I don't usually get sick and this is my third cold this year and it has now lingered for a week. Plus, my 4 year old has a fever. We leave for my nieces wedding in San Antonio in just over a week. I hope we all get over this soon.

Yikes. It is hard when your kids are little - they are so good at sharing their bugs. Take tons of vitamin C, sleep as much as you can, and hopefully you'll be all well for the wedding :heart:
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    PW: 136.0
    Last week -- MIA -- SORRY!

CW: 135.2

Not a lot to report...last week was just another crazy week -- but I didn't want to not show up again -- so I'm sorry that I don't have MORE to report as a loss, but a loss is a loss -- so there it is. Determined as ever to get back to the 120's -- February is so difficult because A. it's cold, and B. when it's cold don't we turn to comfort food? and C. shorts and gardening and beach days seem SO far away... we're not going anywhere anytime soon, so why not get that dessert? Oh well.

Again (I hope I'm not boring you all!) I resort back to the power yoga classes -- both my husband and I do them RELIGIOUSLY (at least 3-4 classes per week) and they give us balance and strength and SWEAT! It's the only reason I AM losing right now!

So the kid (ha! Our son just turned 23 last week... not quite a kid anymore....but still so much ahead of him....last year he was a senior in college!) is home with his girlfriend this weekend, and we are a little family once more. The pup is ecstatic, of course, but missing her bed!

Keep it going everyone!
This discussion has been closed.