WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m sherry. I was from South Dakota and am recently a newbie in Tennessee.
    I have 2 kids ages 22 and 21. Neither live with me. I have a hubby if 26 years.
    And a puppy noodles (profile pic).

I look forward to reporting steps and having an on track month.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Sat Steps -14,020
    And I want to continue for the March steps.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    That's great Kristi! ! I'm excited for the new year too and keeping up good habits...and seeing and FEELING the results. Spring in Washington already?? only a few brave crocuses here in Massachusetts, cold today but got out in the woods for a brisk walk.
    Liselyn, I'm a little further south in Hingham, more and more congested and expensive here every year. Fun to go for a walk together if you're visiting down in Milton sometime.
    I'm new to the message board format for MFP and finding it slow going, but I'll get there.
    One thing I really like is the recipe builder because I like to cook and on Sundays it's cook a meal, find out how much a cup is (braised beef ragu today) and be able to track it for me, everyone else can have what they like.
    Hello to all the Waistaways team!! How many are we?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I love your photos - and you look amazing! What a change already - and just think how amazing you'll be looking by summer :kissing_heart:

@deniners2 great job! That is an excellent loss this week. You lost 3.5 pounds in February, and if you keep on going, you'll beat that in March for sure. Wear the crown!

@eggfreak Sylvia! thanks for the questions. It takes some getting used to all the sites and messaging, etc. in here. If you want to be sure that somone is given a notification or knows that you just talked to or about them, use their MFP user name (type the @ before it ). I agree with you about the recipe builder. It is a bit of an effort to put in a recipe, but if you make it often, there it is, ready to go. I love that - since I do almost 100% of my own cooking, it beats always putting in the individual ingredients day after day. Although I do that a lot too!

We are 27 members at the moment. Generally we are somewhere between 22 and 30. There are always a small number of new people each month, and some discover that this approach is not for them, or they are just not committed enough to stick with it at the moment. Many of us are here for a long time, and we hope you'll be in for the long haul too! Losing or maintaining - it is a good group, and we work hard to support each other through all the ups and downs.

For anyone struggling with the Quote function - if you want to answer someone directly by quoting their post, click on Quote at the bottom of their message, and it will be there in your reply. Write your reply below theirs by starting right after the bracket /quote. You can edit the quote if it is long and you only want to answer one part, but be sure to leave the bracket quote and bracket /quote bits there at the beginning and end.
  • jugar
    Options
    NOTICES!

I goofed! So sorry -- for Third Place February Pounds Lost - it should have been @Emmajhare with 9.5 pounds tossed to the curb. @timibotkin was also amazing, but I somehow overlooked the quiet little 9.5 sitting there on the spreadsheet. Sorry!

WEIGH INS DUE TODAY! I know it feels like we just started, but the people who weigh in on Sundays had their last weigh-in on February 23rd. New people who only just signed up might feel like this is too soon! You can change to a different weigh-in day if you want, or just give me today's weight and from now on it will be full weeks.
    @ejdp254
    @graceojo999

DUE MONDAY:
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

On Monday also, the full F2F group challenge will begin. Everyone is invited to join in - this is a great way to get to know people from other teams, and share some ideas together. This month is listed as a Photo Challenge, but the photos are optional - words work just as well, even if it takes 1,000 of them!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/1:12309
  • jugar
    Options
    One more thing -

Anyone interested in using our very own F2F Habit Tracker is welcome to get right into it starting today. You can put in any 5 habits (or fewer if you prefer) and simply check them off every day. It is a good study at the end of each week and month to see which habits you struggle with, and which ones are easy.

The full instructions and link are at:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787094/f2f-habit-tracker-march-2020#latest
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    7kscovgvbv52.jpeg
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday to everyone! I wanted to share my 1 year progress picture with you all. I started at 255lbs and am currently down to 217lbs. I have lost about 5 inches off my hips. I have been able to change a ton of habits and it has taken time and patience. Some of my favorite changes have been for my whole family. I have lost the weight without making separate meals for myself or making any one crazy at my house. Our family no longer drinks pop or juice. We all do a lot of active things together. We eat a more balanced diet as well with better portions and occasional treats. Exercise has been my biggest hurdle. It took me 10 months to build a regular habit. It can be hard to workout when you are big. It's finally easier and actually feels good now.

I'm going to keep at it and hope the rest of you do to. It's a new month and spring is definitely here at my house!

bbq56kkd6yol.jpg

Kristi what fabulous progress you have made. So inspiring. And how wonderful that your hard work has the added bonus of your entire family being healthier. Hugs and congratulations 🎉👏🏼👍🏻❤️
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie, I live in Luxembourg and have transitioned to be a stay at home mom. In my life just last year (and the 20 previous) I had an intense focus on my career and wasn't focused on my fitness or my interests. I am working to lose 20 pounds this year and am at a lull in my interest in exercise. March will be my revamp month to get back on a roll! I stay on track when I use MFP so I need to do this everyday!

@Micki48 my steps for the end of last month are listed below. Id like to be added to the March steppers group.
    2/28: 8710
    2/29: 9693
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great work Kristi! Thanks for sharing your story. :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @evangsimmons170

SW 349.8

I'd like to change my weigh in day to Friday, as I will be out of town for the next 2 weekends. But I'll be home both Friday mornings.

STEPS:
    3/1/20......13,523
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @jugar I think I am going to change my weigh in to Mondays.... I am hoping this will help with my weekends, I feel like I am on this cycle of do well during the week, weigh in on Friday, and give my self way too much freedom during the weekend cause well I have all week to make it up... So I want to use March as a kinda test month... SO my starting weigh in for March is
    CW - 181.8

Thanks

• jugar
    Options
    Happy Monday!

First things first (aka housekeeping) -
    @Gidgitgoescrazy - you are now a Monday person. However, today is the WEEK 1 weigh in, not the starting weight. Do you happen to know around what you were last Monday? The last weight I have for Feb. was 176.6, but you had been excused from weigh-ins for final week.

@evangsimmons170 you are now a Friday person. If you have time, we'd love an updated intro - thanks!

Now the more thoughtful stuff -
    @Terytha - so glad you have discovered the downside of KFC!

Has anyone else had their tastes change so that food you used to crave and enjoy now tastes yucky? For me it is just about anything fried (with the possible exception of masterful calamari done by a chef who knows what they are doing), most bread, and even real ice cream. I go for sorbet when I need that cold, smooth, sweet feel - I make my own from fresh fruits and it takes care of the ice cream monster I used to have inside just fine, thank goodness!

People need ideas! Who has some words of wisdom in support of @graceojo999 's move away from keto into more sustainable eating? And who for @steph1498 to get the exercise mojo going?

Both of these questions are more about sustainability than quick fixes - it is one of the hardest parts of this journey. It is quite easy to get all enthused and dive into something that gives you fast results (melts fat! tones your booty in 5 minutes!), but quite another thing to keep slogging on day in, day out. Any thoughts on the theme of the sustainable losses and fitness are welcome!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Just go with the 176.6 Please and thank you.... I'll take the hit... It doesn't define me, but dang it it hurts ! lol... I'll get it off, mama needs a pair of diamond studs... :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.