WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I got 'em.

Walked out of Old Navy with size 14 jeans just now.

Feeling a little emotional about it tbh. I was 18 last time I fit into a 14 pants.

Husband made me try on shorts too, which also fit but I feel like 3" is too short. I'd just end up with chub rub. Gonna look for some longer ones, but I'll wait until it's not still snowing most days.

I haven't had the courage to wear shorts in public in years either, so I'll just add that to my summer goals list.

So fabulous!! Congrats @Terytha! And I bet you find those shorts!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @Micki48 congrats on your stats at the doc!

Could you also add me to the steps group? I will aim for 10K steps/per day or 70K per week. I will post on Wed (to remind myself of my progress) and on Sun AM to wrap up the week. Here are my steps so far for this week:
    3/1: 10,504
    3/2: 13,638
    3/3: 14,333

Thanks again for keeping this together for us!! Its really encouraging to see the numbers add up!

Got you all in and steps logged.
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @micki48 I seem to have fallen out of the Steppers list?

@YinxFed Just making sure you wanted in again. If you already told me that, my apologies. You are in. Do you have a daily goal you'd like to share? And do you still want to post weekly? :)
  • micki48
    Options
    It's already Wednesday! I didn't get actual exercise in yesterday, but I did pass my step goal of 8,500 and managed to stay under calories. Hopefully, I can get some cardio done today after the little girl leaves.

@conleywoods Wew! What a day. I remember those tough conferences well. Looks like you had it quite together and hope they are grateful for all your hard work on behalf of their child.

@Gidgitgoescrazy We like Lidl a lot too. Pretty sure it's a German company. They have aridiculously cheap gallon of milk. Something like $1.25 We really like their Salmon portions. They have had two 5ounce portions for $5.99. Can't be a dinner for two for that price. They have lots of great things. I am a sucker for the "stuff" aisle too. Last time, I bought all the new garden tools. :)

@offitgoes Here's a virtual hug of support. You know what to do and be sure to check in here regularly for support, motivation, and inspiration.

@Terytha That fried chicken looks amazing! That's more the way I like. Never liked skin on Fried Chicken. I know I'm weird. If you get an air fryer, let me know how you like it. I have thought about whether it was worth the price.

@Andreabroadley That photo of Roger's Pass looks amazing! Please post pictures if you can. I've not heard of that before. I will now have to google it to find out more. Have fun.

@jugar Did you still want to record steps? I didn't even ask you. Just put your name on the list. :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    I am driving through the Rogers Pass sometime in the next ten days.. It is a fantastic place but have to take it on a day when the weather is (relatively good). I suspect much wine will be required afterwards.

You are so lucky! It is absolutely beautiful.
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 - I think I'll take a break from steps this month. The footing is hideous so I don't go out on the snowshoes as much, can't walk in the woods without them either, and the roads are icy then slushy then foot deep in mud. I love living on a gravel road except during the spring. The thaw of the roads lasts for weeks, on and off, and the woods are a big mess. We'll probably get more snow yet, but it isn't as dry and fluffy and more. I'll spend a lot more time on the exercise bike, and maybe visit my friend who has a rowing machine. She lives on a dirt road too, and has quite a gym setup! We can visit and get our exercise at the same time. Back to steps in May!
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @micki48 - I think I'll take a break from steps this month. The footing is hideous so I don't go out on the snowshoes as much, can't walk in the woods without them either, and the roads are icy then slushy then foot deep in mud. I love living on a gravel road except during the spring. The thaw of the roads lasts for weeks, on and off, and the woods are a big mess. We'll probably get more snow yet, but it isn't as dry and fluffy and more. I'll spend a lot more time on the exercise bike, and maybe visit my friend who has a rowing machine. She lives on a dirt road too, and has quite a gym setup! We can visit and get our exercise at the same time. Back to steps in May!

No problem. Totally understand. And that photo of your taller half... :D:D:D Does he know you took that...and posted it? LOL
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    No problem. Totally understand. And that photo of your taller half... :D:D:D Does he know you took that...and posted it? LOL

Isn't that the best photo ever? I did show it to him, and said I only put it on our private group... He did not seem to mind! He used to do his March x-country skiing in just his jockeys and boots, but hasn't done that yet this year :flushed:

If anyone is wondering what photo this is, go over to the March photo challenge and it is there - a full disclosure of how Canadians get their Vitamin D in the winter...
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Husband hates fatty stuff like skin, and I hate breaded anything. So I was quite happy to find a recipe where all I need is a light coating of starch.

It's called chicken karaage (karaage just means fried) and I'm obsessed with the stuff served by my favorite restaurant. So I've been trying to make it at home. Mine isn't quite the same, but it comes out moist and yummy. I dip it in a mix of soy sauce and lemon juice.

I am also unsure if the cost of an air fryer is worth it. I'm tempted to try find a cheap crappy one just to see.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try these in the air fryer this weekend, I'll report back.. I never thought I'd use my air fryer as much as I do, and I basically only use it for veggies...
  • jugar
    Options
    I just had a weird moment - my ear bud fell out of my pocket while sitting in our ancient reclining chair. It was my grandfather's chair, and the underpinnings are traps for everything that gets dropped or spilled. So I started rooting around under there trying to find the cursed thing, and the trove of stuff was amazing. Crumbs, chips, nuts, a wooden toy, the cordless telephone handset I have been searching for all week, sunflower seed hulls, lots of lint - much of this has probably been left by mice (we have a constant battle evicting mice - the joys of living in the woods...), though I have to say I was happy to find the phone! Everything but the earbud was easy to root out, so finally I just tipped the whole chair forward and got the earbud and all the remains of seeds and lint. I guess the insides of that chair were overdue for spring cleaning!!!

That little project over, it is time for more weigh-in nagging!

OVERDUE:
    @ejdp254
    @Juliemargaretkim

DUE TODAY:
    @evelynladams527

DUE TOMORROW:
    @cory17
    @eggfreak

let's fill all the gaps! stuff the little cells full just like the mice!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I survived the day. Did a little bit of stress eating tonight but stopped myself, okay my husband asked if I really wanted to do that...then I stopped. I decided to take a personal day tomorrow and enjoy a long weekend. I really want a moment to relax and workout without all the stress of the day. I keep having technical issues with my videos streaming to my tv so I waste a bunch of time. Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar I thought you were going to say you found something that belonged to your grandfather or you felt his presence. Glad you found your phone and earbud. Just think of all those NEAT calories you burned doing that.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar I thought you were going to say you found something that belonged to your grandfather or you felt his presence. Glad you found your phone and earbud. Just think of all those NEAT calories you burned doing that.

I was right there with you, Micki, thinking about Papa hanging out and giving you a hard time finding your earbud! Too funny.
    I'm going to take the month off from stepping and come back to it in April, probably.
    I had a migraine today so need some more sleep.
    I'll catch up on my intro in the next day or two, too!
    @jugar weight is: 184.7
    ta for now, y'all. sleep well.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You are all inspiring to me!

Weigh in Thursday
    pw 178.5
    cw 177
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/4 - 8810

My video was hard yesterday, so many high knees and kick backs... lol... I think I have a sinus infection, the sudafed isn't touching the sinus pressure... it's always a guess with my allergies although they usually don't hit this early, I think it may be due to me not getting that tube placed when I needed it, with my ear not draining properly it really makes things messy... got a dr's appt tomorrow, so that should take care of it till I see the ENT in April...

My boss and I just discussed that on Monday since it's the first day of DST and it will be 68 and sunny, he is going to surprise everyone with a half day, so we can go enjoy the weather... I was shooting for the whole day, but I'll take a half... :smiley:

Last night I slept HORRIBLY, omg I haven't slept that bad in forever, it was a very rough morning.... So I was scheduled for 25 minutes of Yoga, I still did it, I just did restorative (gentle stretching) , with a boost on neck stretching... It woke me up... Luckily today is my kinda off day, I found that the day before weigh in you should not exercise very hard, so I just have the yoga and treadmill for 30 scheduled, although I switched my weigh in day, so I will fix that next week...

Have a wonderful day !
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday to everyone! I just wanted everyone to know how much I appreciate all of you. So many great people here working for a common goal. Thanks for being part of my journey. An even bigger thanks for letting me be a part of your journey! So much inspiration here.♥️
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Yes please, I would like to remain in the Steppers group - I didn't know that I had to rejoin each month. And my daily step target is currently 6000 steps a day.
    Thank you!
  • micki48
    Options
    @YinxFed I will keep you on the team from month to month unless I hear otherwise from you.
  • jugar
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    CW 215.6
    I am so frustrated& demoralized. Thinking my weight merry go round has been sodium reaction, & just hydration, last thursday night I was getting toe & leg cramps, dropped a little more friday, then bounced right back to 214 over the weekend, and stayed there all week. I don't want to just give up, there has to be some way to get the message to this body that it's okay to lose the weight and move toward a new LOWER set point.

Oh dear! Do NOT give up. You have done so well - you lost quite a bit last week, and it (sadly) happens that the following week there is a bit of a rebound. It is not sustainable to lose almost 5 pounds in 1 week - you weighed in on one of those odd days when things bounce down for a bit. Don't worry! You did not put it all back on a again. Try to aim for ONE pound a week. Every week. And weirdly enough for some people, weighing every day is reassuring. The bounces are big sometimes, but the general progress is there nonetheless. Hang in there! Watch the sodium, and as soon as you see a 4-5 pound loss in one week, be ready for the gain the following week. It's ok. Then it will settle back down again.

One of the things I don't like about our weekly weight reports is the recognition for large losses. Does anyone think there is a good way to recognize steady smaller losses over large temporary ones?
This discussion has been closed.