WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    It is feeling like maybe someday spring could be on the way - going above freezing today, and it might even rain later. This is great for the maple syrup people - above freezing by day, below by night. The sap runs!

Et oui, @Steph1498 - c'est très important de compter en français! Et un, et deux! When I was learning Dutch (I did my grad studies in The Hague), I did four sets of everything - English, French, German, Dutch. I got really, really good at counting to 12. vho8uuhf9c8z.png
    After that I switched to knowing at least 12 swear words in each language and used those instead. Then I got practical and switched to food or other important things.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I got 'em.

Walked out of Old Navy with size 14 jeans just now.

Feeling a little emotional about it tbh. I was 18 last time I fit into a 14 pants.

Husband made me try on shorts too, which also fit but I feel like 3" is too short. I'd just end up with chub rub. Gonna look for some longer ones, but I'll wait until it's not still snowing most days.

I haven't had the courage to wear shorts in public in years either, so I'll just add that to my summer goals list.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I got 'em.

Feeling a little emotional about it tbh. I was 18 last time I fit into a 14 pants.

Husband made me try on shorts too, which also fit but I feel like 3" is too short. I'd just end up with chub rub. Gonna look for some longer ones, but I'll wait until it's not still snowing most days.

I haven't had the courage to wear shorts in public in years either, so I'll just add that to my summer goals list.

@Terytha Congratulations! What a milestone. So happy for you. Sending you a big cheer and a hug. You have worked so hard and come so far. And girlie, you will surely rock those shorts by warm weather. Don’t forget that 👸🏻. ❤️

I LOVED seeing everyone’s selfie on the March challenge. You are some beautiful women!!!🙂😘

I went to my dr this morning for my annual health exam. She was cheering for me. Weight down, exercising, and best yet, blood pressure was 124/83. She was very happy. Me too! She’s not ready to take me off meds just yet, but said maybe in six months or if I feel dizzy. Yay! Weight loss works and it’s not a ton. Just over 12% of my starting body weight.

Election Day here. Interested to see how it turns out. My heart and prayers go out to the folks in Nashville who were hit by a bad tornado 🌪 last night.

@lovethyneighbor Were you effected by it? Sure hope you’re fine.
  • jugar
    Options
    I got 'em.

I'll make a deal with you. I have not worn shorts in probably 20 years. But I am going to for Foam Fest in July. How about you aim to wear some kind of shorts when you do Foam Fest - you're the one who inspired me to get into this in the first place!!! I bought long shorts, but they're spandex things kind of like a swimsuit, but thicker. That at least hides all the loose skin and old person crinkles! I got them at value village so I would not feel bad if I only wore them once :sweat_smile:

size 14. and you still look 18! :heart:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I'd like to be in the step challenge this month. I posted my steps for 3/1 and 3/2 already. If you missed them, here they are again:

3/1 13523
    3/2 6575
  • Terytha
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I got 'em.

I'll make a deal with you. I have not worn shorts in probably 20 years. But I am going to for Foam Fest in July. How about you aim to wear some kind of shorts when you do Foam Fest - you're the one who inspired me to get into this in the first place!!! I bought long shorts, but they're spandex things kind of like a swimsuit, but thicker. That at least hides all the loose skin and old person crinkles! I got them at value village so I would not feel bad if I only wore them once :sweat_smile:

size 14. and you still look 18! :heart:

Sounds like a deal! But since in my experience nothing soaked in mud will ever fully recover, they will probably be $3 Walmart shorts. As will whatever shirt and shoes I wear. XD
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @jugar sorry ...
    Daily steps 13851
  • micki48
    Options
    @micki48 I'd like to be in the step challenge this month. I posted my steps for 3/1 and 3/2 already. If you missed them, here they are again:

3/1 13523
    3/2 6575

@evangsimmons170 Got you. You're all set. Welcome back! Also, love the fitbit challenges with you. Very motivating and boy can those friends steps. :)
  • micki48
    edited March 2020
    Options
    697p64pbhb13.jpeg
    Week 4 Results for Step Challenge
    TOTAL STEPS 435,747

1st @KellyBgetsfit 108,566!!!
    2nd Micki48 73,378
    3rd @Steph1498 63,042

RESULTS FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY

We walked a total of 1,824,259!!!

Top 3 Walkers

1. @KellyBgetsfit 335,725
    2. @Steph1498 307,898
    3. Micki48 288,357

So far our March Step Challenge Team has the following members.

Micki48
    @jugar
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Shexio
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @evangsimmons170
    @evelynladams527 (I think you said you wanted to be on the team.)

If I forgot you or put you on the team in error, let me know. My brain is swimming with all the numbers and data I've been looking at. Just a reminder once I record your steps, I will mark your post "insightful." You can post weekly or daily, but if you could let me know which you will do, it will help me when looking for your steps.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @Terytha HOORAY! This is amazing news! I am so excited for you. This is a wonderful milestone and you should feel so proud.

@micki48 Wow! Great news for you too. It has got to feel good seeing all those stats change at the doctors. Hope you get off meds soon. Keep up the awesome work.

Today was a busy and stressful day! Lots of little preschoolers to see and a new therapist to train. Had a late meeting with one of my students parents who have been really upset with me. I asked them a lot of tough questions and we did a lot of soul searching to develop new goals. Needless to say it was a tough process and I wasn't sure how the meeting would go. Of course I had to go last, but everything turned out fine. They were very happy in the end and said my goal was their favorite goal on the plan. So relieved, still haven't relaxed but didn't eat all the food. Tomorrow is a new day and I am so ready!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @terytha Thats awesome buying smaller clothes is always fun ! You mentioned your fried chicken you make, would you mind sharing how, I've never in my life been able to make a decent fried chicken...

@conleywoods I don't know how you do it, it would stress me out to no end to work with children and their parents, heck I have a hard time working with grown adults... You deserve all the relaxing.... and nice job your photos are great you must be very proud...

@micki48 Good job at the Docs...

Yesterday was a good day, Toby got to the road before we had to turn around.. I am working on his leash skills, he is a puller, and I was a bad dog owner and allowed it to go on too long, so I'm working on being very consistent and firm in not allowing it. So the walks are short, but they take a really long time... Dixie on the other hand, she walks great and doesn't pull, she is just a wanderer, she criss crosses in front of you and is a spazoid... So I'm trying to teach her to walk right next to me, and It's just not going well....

After about an hour with those 2, we made dinner, we have a new grocery store here called Lidl... Well I got these tiny little individual sirloins, and they were onsale for 3 dollars each... turns out they were 8oz steaks, so they just looked smaller... anyway, made those and they were yummy... We had them with a pasta dish I made on Sunday, it was whole wheat penne, asparagus, red peppers and broccoli with a pesto sauce... The whole point of this was to tell you I was impressed with Lidl's groceries... not to relive my yummy dinner.. lol

Then I got on the treadmill for 60 minutes... It was a leisurely walk...

Today is going to be in the 60's and sunny... and it's puppy day (my boss brings his puppy in once a week) I think I will volunteer to take little Jackson on a walkies... :wink:

Steps for yesterday were- 9,888
  • jugar
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I'm jealous of all your dog walks! The main reason I love to go visit my dad (aside from my goofy dad) is to take his dog on super long walks a couple of times a day. My husband has horrible allergic asthma, so no doggies for me, but I really miss them! Suggestion for you - with your dog who is not so great on the leash. Put on a nice sturdy, wide leather belt. Cinch 'er down. Attach your leash to that belt and keep it quite short so the dog is right next to your knee and can't go too far in any direction. Take your walk - your full body weight is stronger than your arm, and the dog will be the one doing the pulling, not you. Less exhausting, and quite effective! The dog figures out that it has to go on YOUR walk, not theirs. Good luck!

@conleywoods - wow. All the people who dedicate themselves to your kind of work, and do it well, deserve all the kudos all the time. Low-fat, no sugar kudos!
  • jugar
    Options
    I am late with today's HEADS UP!!
    u7cjnuy8q3yc.png

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

Thanks!
  • Terytha
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I use a Japanese recipe for fried chicken. Makes bite size pieces.

You need:

~250 grams of chicken breast or chicken thighs, boneless skinless
    Potato starch (or corn starch)
    Oil of choice (I like grapeseed)

Marinade:

1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp sake
    1/2 tsp mirin (or 1/4 tsp sugar)
    2 tsp freshly grated ginger including juice

Cut the chicken into roughly 1 inch cubes and marinate for at least 30 minutes, better overnight.

Fill a wok or pan with a couple inches of oil and heat on medium high. You'll know it's hot enough if you drop a small amount of flour in and it bubbles lots.

Pat your chicken pieces dry and coat them evenly in your starch. Put in 5 to 8 pieces at a time for 2 to 3 minutes (they will not be very brown at this point). After 2 to 3 minutes, take them out and let them rest for 2 to 3 minutes and fry them again for 1 minute.

I really want to try this with an air fryer.

ETA: picture
    l9fosqyoi4n4.jpg
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Wed
    PW 176.4
    CW 177
    I ended February badly so even though weight gain I have managed to get going again in the right direction. Next week will be better.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Micki48 congrats on your stats at the doc!

Could you also add me to the steps group? I will aim for 10K steps/per day or 70K per week. I will post on Wed (to remind myself of my progress) and on Sun AM to wrap up the week. Here are my steps so far for this week:
    3/1: 10,504
    3/2: 13,638
    3/3: 14,333

Thanks again for keeping this together for us!! Its really encouraging to see the numbers add up!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I seem to have fallen out of the Steppers list?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar I will be away from the scales next week and the week after. Can I go on stop time or would you like me to sit March out?

Toss a coin! Either I can just give you EXC (excused) and keep you in the tallies, or put you on support for the month. Since you'll be there for 2 weeks and off for 2 weeks, it's fine either way. You can still keep posting and if you find a scale somewhere (hahaha) you can still send in a weight!

OK! If I find a scale and it is not posting my weight UP! I will post, I will let you know :smiley:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    I am driving through the Rogers Pass sometime in the next ten days.. It is a fantastic place but have to take it on a day when the weather is (relatively good). I suspect much wine will be required afterwards.

5yf6uh32b0sx.png
This discussion has been closed.