WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Big hugs being sent your way. Lots of kids are finding the adjustment to home school and all this uncertainty distressing. Glad you focused on helping him/her. We will get that weight in. Eating is a side effect of all this. Understandable and move on. Do the best you can as often as you can. We’ll all get there together. Take care. Be well.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Today is my one year weight loss-iversary.

365 days ago I downloaded this app, and I was 79.8 lbs heavier (which I will be rounding to 80 because my starting weight was a guess anyway.)

That's a solid 1.5 lbs per week.

It's slow but it works.

Fantastic and so many congrats to you @Terytha!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Okay all you Fitbitters out there - here's my Fitbit web name:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/33VL9H

and I'm open for challenges! I think I come up as Yinka F.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for posting. I need that “virtual rope” to hold on to these days. Feeling lots of stress here in the family. My daughter’s friend has tested negative so thank god for that, but now she is stressing about going back to work and possibly infecting us because we watch her daughter. Wew!!!

So here’s my offering. There’s a complete MFP article you can look up but here’s the Cliff notes.

9 Foods to Combat Stress and Anxiety

1. Salmon
    2. Pumpkin seeds
    3. Chia seeds
    4. Avocados
    5. Leafy greens
    6. Turmeric
    7. Match
    8. Oats
    9. Greek yogurt

And just for the record, this American President is an idiot sociopath!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Okay all you Fitbitters out there - here's my Fitbit web name:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/33VL9H

and I'm open for challenges! I think I come up as Yinka F.

just sent you a request - but now I need to double check - I don't even know if I have a profile/name for fitbit!! - I must have somewhere. I started MFP in January with fresh mindset that I would have to lose the weight via my food intake alone, as time and mental energy was just not working for 'working out' in the last year, but I am pretty active for walking so anything that adds to (or rather subtracts) from the weight is just a bonus.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Another 50+ people sick and one more death. But our government leaders don't care, and you know why?

Because venomous snakes can't catch the virus.

I'm sorry I've been quiet lately. The news makes me angry and scared so when I get home from work I play Persona 5, a game where bad guys, even high ranking government officials, are forced to feel the emotional weight of their crimes and repent in tears.

Catharsis is something I lean on heavily in times of stress.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it has been a tough day for some of us. I decided today was a Brahms Horn Trio day - this amazing piece was written when he was 32 years old, following his mother's death. He was very close to her, and dedicated the piece to her memory. It is sad but brave, full of every kind of interplay and beauty. If you are so inclined, give it a listen - this is my favourite recording of the piece - be sure not to let the melancholy of the opening discourage you! It opens your heart as it goes along. And the second movement will get you moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfOl_smrFY

But if that is too heavy - you need this one for sure - The Weight, played by musicians all around the world, together through the use of technology. Robbie Robertson and Ringo Starr's project Playing For Change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1GU1qQ1zQ
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Jugar
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    Heads up!

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

late and we're still hoping :smile:
    @juliemargaretkim

See you all tomorrow :heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It's late on Tuesday and I finally had time to read everyone's posts and write one of my own. I have 2 work from home days under my belt and had 2 virtual meetings today. I think I have everything set up the way I need it and stuff is coming together. Still figuring out when to workout, when to do school stuff with kids and when to do my work responsibilities. My kids spent a good amount of time nextdoor at grandma's house. She is covering the "arts" during the break. She has been teaching the kids piano, sewing and I'm sure some baking! Trying to make sure I get up, get dressed and do my hair and makeup. It does help the mood. I did half an hour of barre and then walked my doggies for 30 minutes. Made some good food choices but still get into the snacks more than I want. Each day is getting easier and I am setting boundaries with work times and the rest of my time. Our town is shutting down for a 2 week period starting tomorrow. Looks like more staying home for us!
  • YinxFed
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »

Got you, Sylvia! Your average daily step of 10,000+ is impressive. Something that I definitely aspire to. Thanks for finding me!

@jugar I love The Weight! Hubby recently found this international version on YouTube - we love it! And I've decided to have classical music on in the background while I work (I'm partial to Mozart!). It makes me happy!

So I'm just about to overhaul my schedule for today so I'm at my laptop before launching into my workout - they're getting progressively more challenging, and I'm getting progressively more sweaty (but I love it!)

Edie (my dog) has found her favourite sun spot on the rug, so we'll be negotiating for space in a little while, I think!

Happy Hump Day everyone!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/24 = 7416

Yesterday was good, I was going to have a piece of cake but the hubby told me it wasn't very good, that it was kinda dry... He's such a good guy, he knew I would regret it if I did, so yeah that was a good kinda lie...

I told my daughter I was gonna throw the cake away, and she said "not in this economy", so she took it to a friends house, who has 3- 20 somethings in it, they appreciated it...

We have some changes here at work, our Project coordinator had turned in her notice a few weeks ago, well today was to be her last day, but the company she was going to was shut down, so boss man is letting her stay an extra 2 weeks. Our best foreman, the one that every one goes to for his wisdom, has decided to call it quits, he is 66 and his wife is 68 and he was scheduled to retire in May, but he decided he to make it now. Super understandable, but we weren't ready for that, but we will adjust...

Over the weekend I found out a friends husband made a comment when she asked him about the 5k, he said " Vikki, run ? that will never happen" I hate when people do that, that irritates me to no end... But ya know I love to prove people wrong...

On my way to work today, with no traffic, I noticed the trees... I don't know what the white ones are that are blooming right now, but those are the evil trees that cause my allergies... They sure are pretty though !

Have a great day !

mejvo31hr0e5.jpg

• YinxFed
    Options
    Ignore those naysayers (don't you just love that word?) @Gidgitgoescrazy - you don't need that kind of negativity!

So far, it's been a good day, I did my workout (although I had to negotiate hard to get Edie to give up "her" part of the rug!) Got down to some quality development work too, so I should be ready to launch some new courses in a couple of weeks. But now I need to pause to do a bit of housework.

Hope you're all having a good day!
This discussion has been closed.