WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Doctor officially released me today, make to normal. Was able to take a 20 minute walk today, first walk in 4 weeks.

What wonderful news! I'll bet that walk was like coming out of the winter den into the fresh air. Do your lungs feel bigger now?
  • jugar
    Options
    Let's get ready for the last 2 days of this month's challenge! The big tallies happen and we start a new month on Sunday.

HEADS UP! Friday weigh-ins:
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Steph1498
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @conleywoods
    @Shexio
    @evangsimmons170
    @robertefortier536

Still due from Wednesday/Thursday:
    @evelynladams527
    @cory17

If I missed anyone, now's the time to tell me to go back with the right glasses on. I have too many and get confused sometimes... :grin:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @jugar 183.1...oh, so close. Next week will be another good one. Maybe I'll be ready for the next decade down soon. I hope so! I think my spouse is getting a bit more on board with losing weight and getting some damned exercise. At least we've been taking longish walks this week.
    I can't believe April is almost upon us. Wild! Still adjusting to more online time with my Stats class. The teacher is finally getting a bit more into the 21st century. wahoo!
    I've got a bunch of stuff to pass in for him to grade then, I can go back to do more Chemistry. Who'd have ever thought that I'd like a break from math by doing Chemistry! Strange times, indeed!
    I like the idea of the pile on month. It seems as though we've had a year in one week so, why not? It's definitely a challenge to get them all done but I'll try to get online earlier in the day to be more (gulp) *disciplined*. Not a user-friendly word in my experience. However, I know how much I actually like order and a schedule, to a certain degree. Now that I'm not galavanting all over the place, it's easier to remember some of the things I said I want to get to.
    What a concept!
    OK...time for bed.
    I'll write earlier tomorrow and try posting another photo as well.
    Having 2 different locations for daily entry and group challenges is kind of annoying. I know. The program used isn't anyone's fault. Just "how it is". I accept it but don't have to like it, right? :smiley:
    Sleep well, beauties. Tomorrow is another glorious day to be alive, sing songs, walk outside, and give people a wide, smiling, 6' + berth!
    air smooches all around!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Whew TGIF! This week has been awkward for me. Feeling couped up and then running or walking too much and then resting too much. STILL trying to find a balance.
    Our online schools are working well and I’m not watching news. Keeps me feeling in control on the drama front. We have been watching movies together, making dinners and trying to give each other some space.

Here are my steps and stats so far this week:
    CW: 163.0
    PW: 163.8

@micki48
    3/22: 17,788
    3/23: 18,092
    3/24: 22,321
    3/25: 5,964
    3/26: 5,496
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For the April challenge ideas:
    I’m interested in “keystone habits” in relation to fitness. Would suggest this as a discussion topic.
    For example one of my keystone habits is getting out of bed right when I wake up. This one action sets up my day for the better. If I stay in bed then I read social media, am later to get started and come up with reasons to put things off. If I start with positive actions they multiply.
    I’m sure other people have these as well.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The struggle continues. The only good part is that I can tell from my boobs that I’m doing a hormonal cycle. Only can hope I lose some water Weight soon.

Weighed myself Tues at 107.4 😳

Today @jugar
    Cw: 105.4 Up another 1/2# this week. So that’s 1# up from when the whole corona began.

Obvi. I need to adjust something... probably eating less joy food & eating more veggies. Reducing portions more.

Steps I’m good at. Tracking them maybe giving me a green light for more food tho. So I don’t think I’ll track steps come April.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    cw 214.0
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Steps for 3/26 = 6276

The 30 minute videos aren't enough for me to get my steps in.... I have to get more steps in other ways... Hmmmm

I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a few items... every person I see is so despondent, it's so sad... I understand it's a strange time, but it's making me feel bad about being upbeat and happy... and I don't like that...

I think this Sunday, I will plan a family hike and picnic...
  • jugar
    Options
    Who'd have ever thought that I'd like a break from math by doing Chemistry! Strange times, indeed!
    I like the idea of the pile on month. It seems as though we've had a year in one week so, why not? It's definitely a challenge to get them all done but I'll try to get online earlier in the day to be more (gulp) *disciplined*. Not a user-friendly word in my experience.

Having 2 different locations for daily entry and group challenges is kind of annoying. I know.
    Chemistry as a break from Stats - what a concept. Put it in your journal - it will never happen again after this!!!

As to the two-places-to-post problem: one quick solution is to have 2 tabs open.
    1. Start at the F2F main page - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    2. Go to the top of the tab and right click (or two finger click or whatever system you have) and hit "Duplicate".
    3. Now you have 2 copies of the main page.
    4. On one, open our team thread (under discussions)
    5. On the other, open the monthly challenge (under announcements)
    6. Leave them both open all day and go when you feel the urge to share something!
    That's my method, anyhow. Maybe others have an even easier way to make it simple.
  • jugar
    Options
    Shexio wrote: »
    The struggle continues. The only good part is that I can tell from my boobs that I’m doing a hormonal cycle. Only can hope I lose some water Weight soon.

Weighed myself Tues at 107.4 😳

Today @jugar
    Cw: 105.4 Up another 1/2# this week. So that’s 1# up from when the whole corona began.

Obvi. I need to adjust something... probably eating less joy food & eating more veggies. Reducing portions more.

Steps I’m good at. Tracking them maybe giving me a green light for more food tho. So I don’t think I’ll track steps come April.
    You're in the range of your goal weight, where it gets really hard to stay or lose any more. Low caloric density food really helps! As you say, lots and lots of veggies (they can be joy food if you fix 'em right!), different special treats (sorbet, chia puddings, etc.), and then you don't need to worry about portions so much. My husband always laughs about the huge plate full of food I have at dinner. Since it is almost all veggies, I can really pack it in :blush: You'll find a way, I know!
  • jugar
    Options
    @steph1498 - I like your keystone concept idea. It is really helpful. I'll add that to the list on the "pileup". I think I can take most of the suggestions all together and make a pileup list that includes de-cluttering, helpful ideas, fitness activities, food goals, and all the things. Then people can pick whichever one works for them, and see how many they can get done through the week or month.

@evangsimmons170 - WTG!! Great loss this week - but not so big that you'll bounce back when your body gets shocked. Fantastic! I expect to see more green weeks in your future!
  • jugar
    Options
    Help us get some more members for F2F!

Our team is doing fine, but we could use some more members for some of the other teams -

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790199/support-group-registrations-open#latest
    Add a message saying that you like this group, and encouraging folks to sign up.

This will help keep the thread at the top so it doesn't get buried. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    The new chat threads for April are up and running!

Please use it for introductions and posting goals for the new month that begins Sunday March 29th. Keep on weighing in and updating steps here until then!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790211/waistaways-team-chat-april-2020#latest
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Doctor officially released me today, make to normal. Was able to take a 20 minute walk today, first walk in 4 weeks.

What wonderful news! I'll bet that walk was like coming out of the winter den into the fresh air. Do your lungs feel bigger now?

Thanks,
    Lungs feel bigger but the rest of me felt really tight. taking more walks each day, need to get muscle mass back
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to get those numbers in! I need numbers. See if you can get them all in please!
    @cory17
    @AmyRobF
    @mrs_chivonne
    @bunnybuns1111
    @robertefortier536

HEADS UP for Saturday weigh-ins - FINAL of the month, so they need to be on time without fail - thanks!
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @lovethyneighbor
    @matthewsfive
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Hanging in there. Got in a Pilates workout and a walk today. Made dinner for my family. Ate those darn cookies again. I had a couple day pause, but now they’re all gone. I would be overjoyed if I didn’t gain tomorrow. I thought of asking to be excused. Idk. Who am I really kidding. We will see.

Glad to see everyone hanging in there. I will check all the steps tomorrow and let you know what’s missing. That seemed to help last week.

I think we are getting out early tomorrow to go grocery shopping. Hubby is a senior so we get priority shopping early for safety. If only we could see this virus. It would be so much easier. My heart goes out to all those suffering around the world.
    Goodnight all.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Got a little over an hour of exercise in tonight though I really, really didn't feel like it at first.

It's been a tough scary day though and sometimes you just gotta push through the gloom. I feel like I'll sleep better at least.
This discussion has been closed.