TRIMSTONES Team Chat - March 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!
We are beginning the March 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the “Announcements” section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Options
    j9entopzlq2u.jpg

Hi Nana ( @happinessevengelist1076 ) , @ac204 , @dillyg08 and @callierivera84 :

I'm Jessica...had a couple of busy days this week so I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm one of two Captains...you've probably heard from the other (Mulecanter), as again, I've been hit and miss this week due to my teaching schedule in the evenings.

I think you'll find us to be supportive and helpful group...I know I've found that to be the case in the few years I've been here. WELCOME!!

Tell us a little about what you hope to accomplish here, what your challenges are and what your specific plan is to work on your goals.

I'm glad you found us!! Take care!! Oh hey, if you want to join the step team, let me know and I'll add you for the month of March. We'll soon be switching over to the new chatroom. You can find links to it on the main Fit2Fat page as well as links to the March chart. The step chart is on the same spreadsheet as the weight chart for the month, directly under the weigh in chart.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    r718n2ukd1bj.jpg

Taking names for the March Step Team...like @mulecanter said...MARCH ON IN and sign up!! When you sign up, remember to include your daily step goal for the month so I can update it. Everyone did great for February...although I didn't announce winners as I should have...will post a summary at the end of the month showing weekly and the overall winner.

Apologies, but I've had somewhat of a difficult month...schedule wise, repair on my house wise, nutrition wise...the only thing I've been consistent with is my walking...buckling down in March. Thanks to those who sent me notes of encouragement and to check on me. I'm still floating around, just taking a break from the weigh ins, as I found as I was obsessing over the scale.

Have a great weekend!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    r718n2ukd1bj.jpg

Taking names for the March Step Team...like @mulecanter said...MARCH ON IN and sign up!! When you sign up, remember to include your daily step goal for the month so I can update it. Everyone did great for February...although I didn't announce winners as I should have...will post a summary at the end of the month showing weekly and the overall winner.

Apologies, but I've had somewhat of a difficult month...schedule wise, repair on my house wise, nutrition wise...the only thing I've been consistent with is my walking...buckling down in March. Thanks to those who sent me notes of encouragement and to check on me. I'm still floating around, just taking a break from the weigh ins, as I found as I was obsessing over the scale.

Have a great weekend!

Count me in again this month. I'd like to change to 5,000 steps/day. Thanks! :smiley:
  • foxcc
    foxcc Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would like to do the steps again but change it to 10000, thank you!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    r718n2ukd1bj.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Please add me to the challenge. My goal is 12,000 steps per day.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    dld9rtqwjgid.jpg

The March moderators challenge is up!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

This is all about sharing and documenting your healthy journey! Each week, we will post a theme by day and you get to post a photo related to that theme. You can post just a photo, or a photo with words, or just post words if you don't want to post a photo. It is time for the F2F family get creative for spring!!

Each day of the week is related to a healthy theme:
    Motivation Mondays
    Transformation Tuesdays
    Workout Wednesdays
    Thirsty Thursday
    Food for Though Friday

We have weekends off (and you can start taking photos for the next week)!

Week 1 themes are posted in the challenge thread and we start on Monday, March 2nd! See you there!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    You have a new member! Please welcome @nwoutdoorgrl as the newest Trimstone :smiley:
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW 173.5 lb
    CW 172.8 lb

Not a huge loss this week but still moving in the right direction.

Please sign me up for the March steppers - 10,000 per day 👣
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    620gi9v61q5l.jpg
    jugar wrote: »
    You have a new member! Please welcome @nwoutdoorgrl as the newest Trimstone :smiley:

Welcome to the fam @nwoutdoorgrl !! We're delighted that you joined our team and we hope to help you meet all of your fitness goals!

I am Jessica, one of two captains for TrimStones. The other captain is @mulecanter . I've been hear for a few years now and have found this group to be very kind, accepting and generous in giving advice, listening and handing out great ideas.

Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself, tell us a little bit about what brought you here, where you are in your journey and what you hope to achieve both short and long term. If you're a walking enthusiast, consider joining our monthly step challenge. We track daily steps and ask that when you sign up, you submit a daily step goal that you hope to achieve. You can find the step chart directly below the weight tracking chart. The link to each monthly chart is on the main Fat2Fit page.

Again, welcome! We're glad you're here!

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    I have eight steppers with empty spaces on the February step chart. Please take a look and report in ASAP. Thanks! Jessica
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEEK 4 WINNERS

223ox7c78ju5.gif
    60e6xjoxsy9x.png
    ufx8wbvl85lq.png
    kcjp79911vjr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.46%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.36%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.13%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 17.6 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 15.8 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 6.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TheMrWobbly 3.73 %
    2nd @19shmoo69 2.42%
    3rd @cory17 2.22 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TheMrWobbly 7.6 Lbs
    2nd @19shmoo69 6.0 Lbs
    3rd @cory17 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @jennt817
    @zuzu_smartypants
    @mrs_chivonne
    @Jen_967
    @Emmajhare
    @apple852hk
    @its_cleo
    @Terytha
    @iamworthy14

yjmqgon7h7kw.png

• Beka3695
    Options
    FEBRUARY OVER ALL WINNERS
    827nbwl4u7v7.jpg
    jskuzhvi9xyj.png
    68p52diroomk.png
    9o604nuzuksk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.83%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.82%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.75%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 38.6 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 32.3 Lbs
    3rd WaistAways 31.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TheMrWobbly 5.53 %
    2nd @Emmajhare 5.19%
    3rd @achagpar 4.39 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TheMrWobbly 11.5 Lbs
    2nd @Jen_967 10.4 Lbs
    3rd @timibotkin 8.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @raleighgirl09
    @SheilaCali
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @mylifeasoliveoil
    @kayla7303
    @Terytha
    @KUMEcyclingteam

om6203askwi6.png

• achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Achagpar
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 117.6
    CW: 116.2

I’m so glad to be part of this again this month! Such an awesome group!!!

Count me in for the stepper challenge again please! I’ll stay at 5000 as my goal. I know I don’t often make it but this month in particular, I really need to try! There will be lots of times this month where I will be traveling which equals not being able to control as much what I eat, and not being able to get to my usual gym classes. But I’ve gotta try! So that means logging (even when I know I don’t like the red negative on the screen when I go over my calorie allowance) and either getting to the hotel gym or doing a workout in my hotel room. #NoExcuses. We’ve got this!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ac204
    Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW 214.5 lb
    CW 211.6 lb

Hi everyone! Very excited to join you all on your weighloss journey!

I’m a newbie to MFP and challenges. I’m looking to make some healthy sustainable lifestyle changes and lose some much needed weight. Since having my first son 23 years ago, I’ve been a yo-yo dieter. Lately not feeling great so doctor recommended an anti-inflammatory diet and tracking food choices. This month my focus is making better food choices by eating 70% or more clean (non-processed) food, logging all my food & drinks, and staying under 1300 calories.

Good luck with your March goals!!
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Sorry, sorry, I keep falling behind
    Steps
    2/24 = 11,408
    2/25 = 9,421
    2/26 = 4,052
    2/27 = 14,862
    2/28 = 8,461
    2/29 = 7,906
    I'm in again, see if I can consistently hit 8,500 or more.

Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 199.6
    CW: 201.6
    Too much fast food and ice cream. Tasty, but not a good week
  • Emmajhare
    Options
    01/03 - 15071 👣
  • Emmajhare
    Options
    Think I should've come in 3rd for lbs lost in Feb - 9.5 lb 😋
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    Think I should've come in 3rd for lbs lost in Feb - 9.5 lb 😋

@Emmajhare I've written to the MODS for a review...should hear back soon, but I think you're right...Jess
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    @EmmaJHare78 and all the wonderful Trimstones! I am SO sorry about the mistake - yes, indeed - you were in 3rd place for total pounds lost for the month of February, @Emmajhare . Since two top winners were on the same team, I overlooked your beautiful number of 9.5 pounds kicked to the curb. Well done!

Keep up the amazing work :heart:
This discussion has been closed.