March
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/06 steps 9646
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 look at that scale going down! Great job Pam. I love your salad. I could eat that whole thing in one meal. Good luck with your weekend plans. Sounds fun!
    @1theresamcvean so very sorry to hear about your sadness. Hugs to you. I’m glad your able to share happy memories.
    @Fi45 sounds like you have thoroughly enjoyed your birthday celebrations! And without a gain. Good job!
    @JillyBT nice steppin girl! Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you enjoyed the wedding. Are you in California?
    @kirsten11872 sounds like you have your groove back! That’s the Kirsten we know! Great job taking control.
    @KUMEcyclingteam it’s part of the journey. Keep posting. We’re in this together. How was the pork butt?
    @amsandos good to have you back and posting again. Sounds like you’ve made a lot of changes this year. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.
    @pacsns6 nice loss but sorry your not feeling well. Keep us posted.
    @podperson1 your angry eggs made me laugh. Intriguing meal. What’s in it?
    @tryingagain5 you do work a lot? Do you feel like your able to keep going or do you feel drained? Just wondering cuz you seem able to do so much in one weeks time. I always admire the balance in your life.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Brown6267
    Week 1
    PW 137.8
    CW 136.8
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Friday steps 12,015
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @kirsten11872 sorry to hear about your son. My daughter drove me crazy. Was ready to give her away. Lol. But someone said “if we are not there for our kids, who will be?” It gave me more compassion. My daughter just finished her bachelors in nursing and is the most astounding human being. She just finished her first marathon and is a wonderful daughter, granddaughter, mom and partner to her boyfriend and his 2 kids. Hang in there! You will get through this. It’s part of our life journey. I always say it’s not that these things happen, it’s what do we do about them. There are answers out there. Good luck!
    @ljdanny I’m so sorry to hear about your ordeal. It sounds rather frightening. What do they say is wrong?
    @sleepymom5 I meant to tell you that the cocktail is about 1/3 limoncello and 2/3 champagne with a few frozen raspberries dropped in a flute.
    And you asked about my feeling shame on my weight...I like to excel at what I do. I never want to be “human” I want to be a super star. It’s my journey and humbling to have to admit that I’m human too. I want to be a motivator that always meets her goals. But I breathe and accept my journey. Ups and downs.
    @gingerpwr I was so sorry to hear about your crazy food day. Good for you for keeping to lent! I’m sure it wasn’t easy. Working with kids sounds rewarding but a real challenge too!
    @rosieposiesrl wooo hoooo! Congratulations on weight loss. We weigh about the same! How exciting to be getting so close to goal!
    @Cafelelia any loss is worth celebrating especially with everything your dealing with. Hang in there!

I’m sorry to have missed this weeks challenge. It looked so fun and exactly the kind of challenge that I love.

I will try to catch up more later.

My exercise/steps were lower than I wanted but oh well.
    Water started good this week but not so good last few days.
    Food-over indulged on peanuts that topped our vegan pad Thai this week. If you’ve ever had Virginia roasted peanuts you know what I mean!
    Pretty light weekend planned. Enjoy everyone!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 1
    Pw- 185.4
    Cw- 182.4

Wow was not expecting that. The only thing that stinks is if I eat 1000 calories or less I lose weight but if I eat 1200 a day I gain weight. Doesn't make sense. My metabolism must be really slow
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Might be a good idea to post today’s commitments before I get started. Helps w my accountability.
    Steps 10K
    Water 64 oz
    Food stay the course
    I checked my weight, .2 away from my next colored petal. Tomorrow’s the day.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean Oh Theresa I am so sorry. I hope you can find some comfort in the good memories that you have. I am sending prayers and hugs.
    @JillyBT I am glad that you were able to do all that walking with the toe. That is good news! Enjoy the wedding! Thank you for reposting the steps for me. :)
    @Fi45 Maintaining isn't bad at all. Especially with all the birthday celebrating! Enjoy your tea this afternoon. Sunday's are a good day to plan your week. Why don't you take some time tomorrow to plan your food and workouts for the week. You can also pick something you want to improve, like water for example, and try to increase that a little each day. You got this! No worries about the late weigh in, thank you for letting us know. Also you got it in before the deadline which is Sat. 11:59 EST Then it is out of Lisa and my hands.
    @Mrsbell8well I am not surprised that you had a busy week back to work. Glad that it was fun and productive and not overwhelming. I think it is good you didn't push yourself with exercise. I think just getting adjusted this first week is fantastic. Hope you can take some time this weekend to relax and renew. We will be doing the challenge all month so you can still be a part if you are interested. We also take the weekends off if you want to catch up. Thank you for the cocktail recipe, that sounds delicious.
    @brown6267 Nice loss! Hope all is going well with you :)
    @Freeglerock Awesome Friday stepping my friend!!
    @Zumba_Luvah Nice loss! If I remember correctly, you were not happy with your weight last week because you had a good week. Maybe this is from 2 good weeks. That is strange about the calories. I wish I had an answer for you. Under 1000 is low. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you are really counting all your calories. Maybe this week be right on top of everything you put in your mouth, weigh and measure everything and look at labels. A friend on here actually misread a food label on popcorn and was at least 100 calories over what she thought. I also don't know what your exercise is like, maybe kick up the exercise so you can eat more? Just suggestions. Good luck and keep us posted if you try something.
    @kirsten11872 Wow! That is amazing! Great job! I know last week you weren't happy with your progress at all. Look how you used that as motivation to keep going and now you are totally back in the game! Great job! Here is to another great week!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    e8zgg7jhka5h.jpeg
    Let's have a great weekend everyone!!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Had a long post about eating at the hibachi place yesterday but lost it before posting.
    I'll condense it to "I think I made good food choices."

Slow roasting a Boston butt today and making a strawberry pie for the hubster's birthday dinner tonight. Also cleaning the house.

On the no sugar front, I'm starting to prefer black coffee to having creamer. A couple of days I've splashed a fraction of what I usually use in my coffee, and I'm starting not to like it.

Keep working your goals! Happy weekend!!!
  • sleepymom5
    edited March 2020
    Options
    0jhku0myjeic.jpeg
    Taking care of some end of the week business...

Weights due by 11:59 EST tonight
    @timibotkin (you aren't late, I just am wrapping up loose ends :))
    @starcrystal3

Catching up on the step challenge
    Need Sunday-Friday steps
    @ljdanny
    @timibotkin
    Need Wed-Friday steps
    @GingerPwr
    Need Friday steps
    @Cafelelia

One more thing-Team Motivator
    I am posting this again. I wish I could figure out how to copy the cute gif (or meme?) that Lisa had posted with it

We are looking for a team motivator! There is no real job description and generally, motivators post encouragement or advice from time to time. You can make the job your own and a furry mascot’s costume is not required (although that would be cool!). If you are interested just post here to let us know.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I’m extremely happy with my weigh-in! My goal is to lose 10 pounds a month, I lost close to that in a week! I’m definitely feeling motivated! I’m going to continue what I’ve been doing. I don’t expect to lose 8 pound a week, but this was the jump & push I needed! Back to goal!!!

At the hair salon right now with foils in my hair, lol, then nail appointment this afternoon. Going to see Jersey Boys in NY tomorrow, such an awesome show! Looking forward to a fun day. Weather is supposed to be beautiful!

@sleepymom5 my cousin lives in Parsippany. It’s about 35 minutes from me. Thanks, I had a great week, feeling so good!!

@Mrsbell8well I agree, we have to be there for our children! I love him to death, he’s my baby! I’m at every meeting, reply to every email, phone call etc. I know he’s going to grow up, but going through it, it’s exhausting! He’s also the sweetest, always tells me he loves me!

Friday’s steps, 3/6 - 23,911

Have a wonderful day! Enjoy the weekend!😊🤗
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I did see a doctor yesterday, my PCP was off so it was someone new to me. She was very good, asked lots of questions, scheduled some tests, called me to come back in late in the day. Not good news I'm afraid. Suffice it to say I will be seeing more doctors next week. I have not shared this news with my kids yet so will not go into details yet.
    I am still trying to get down to the 150s and stay there (was at 159.? this morning). I hope to report that success on my Friday weigh in.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
  • sleepymom5
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @kirsten11872 What a perfect pampering weekend after your awesome week! I loved Jersey Boys! Enjoy!!
    @GingerPwr Ugh! That has happened to me too and there is no way to get it back. I am glad that you made good choices at the hibachi. It is so hard not to overeat there! I also am intrigued by the no creamer...how hard was it to get used to drinking the coffee black? What a great little perk from lent. You are going to develop some healthy, new habits from your lenten promises! Enjoy your day! Sounds like it is going to be a good one!
    @pacsnc6 I am sorry you didn't have good news at the doctors but I am so glad that you went. It is better to find out what is going on so you can get treated. Good luck with all the doctor's appointment and tests. Just remember they are all necessary steps to figure out what is going on. Sending hugs. Sounds like you will be in the 150s for your next weekend! You have been doing awesome!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ubvcy3atkc3h.jpg
    Good morning! The Week 2 themes are up for the March Spring It Forward Photo Challenge! We start on Monday and here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I started with some flavored coffees I got at Aldi. Now I'm drinking the food lion brand breakfast blend just black.
    I also used a little half and half just at the beginning because it had only 1 gram of sugar.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Friday Check In

While I had 3 hours of driving yesterday and a mad scramble to get back in time for my son's hockey, I managed & stayed on plan! My big accomplishment was getting all of my 64 oz of water. I brought it with me and managed my sipping carefully. My younger son's hockey team is making it quite deep into the playoffs, which is quite exciting. We also have some really warm weather coming in the next few days so I am planning some runs. I am not going to celebrate spring just yet, because those Canadian winters love to play tricks on us in March!

Ok, I am really behind on posts, but here I go:

@hope002 - What lovely vacation pics!! You look so lovely and relaxed, and your family is just lovely too. What an amazing NSV!!

@pacsnc6 - I am so sorry about your medical news, and I hope that everything is ok with the upcoming tests. Big hug to you.

@kirsten11872 - Outstanding weigh in and effort!! I am just so happy for you! You have such incredible determination and energy!! Congratulations!

@GingerPwr - You are doing great this month, and I so admire that no sugar goal!

@Mrsbell8well - Great steps! I am glad that you have transitioned back to work so nicely and hope all is well!

@Zumba_luvah - Fantastic loss!! I am not a nutritionist re the calories, but it may be the types of food you are eating. Not sure, but it may be something to consider. You are doing great though!

@brown6267 - Excellent loss!

@Fi45 - That is a maintain, and that's is good. Good that you are refocusing today and you will get back in the saddle!

@JillyBT - Amazing steps!!

@1theresamcvean - I am so sorry about these losses. It is such a difficult time for you and your family, and I am praying for you. I am close by, so if you need to talk or need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

@sleepymom5 - Fantastic loss!! Great day yesterday, and I love the three pronged approach to the exercise! I am going to see a band tomorrow too! I have the food planned, but it is the wine that I need to watch and have a 3 drink limit.

@KUMEcyclingteam - You have a great attitude! Don't dwell on this week's number and get back to it for this coming week!

@tryingagain5 - That was a lot of OT this week, but looking back at your posts, you had a really good week and were consistent with everything. Glad that you are getting some extra rest before your next shift.

@amsandos - I think you are on the right track to be kind to yourself and plan on some of those snacks. If you allow yourself the odd easter creme egg, then that may prevent a binge on them later. Hope that you are feeling good for your upcoming race! I really hope that you posts photos.

@podperson1 - That does look like an angry owl!!

@lennoncpa - Another amazing loss! You blossom in tax season!!

This discussion has been closed.