Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    @Cafelelia
    @nstephenson01

I think I read my remaining data wrong. I still have a little of my original amount left and the 1G I purchased will be used next. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I may just wait on the unlimited for now and purchase another 1G when this one runs out. I would have gotten 2 but my choices were either 1 or change my plan. Lots to think about.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    You're right, praying when you can't sleep is a good thing to do. You're welcome and thanks for yours as well.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    Glad your husband made it home.
    That's a good thought on the phone companies doing extra for people but probably not.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Hugs to you and Jim. Hope you both get better soon!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Monday 3/23
    Food: not logged, under I am sure
    Water: over 64 oz
    Exercise: none

Today seemed to go by so quickly. I got Jim out of bed twice for a little over 30 min. The last time I tried to get him to eat with no luck, just a few bites. I also made him take a shower. He told me I was "brutal". While he was in the shower I changed his sheets and wiped down the room. He has been getting fluids in so I am not too worried about the food intake. I actually wanted him to take advil but it is not good to give on an empty stomach so it is back to tylenol.

We found out today that our county is one of the counties in Pennsylvania under a stay at home order for 2 weeks. I knew it was coming. I actually thought it would have started earlier. I was expecting it last week. I will have to go to the store again at some point but we are well stocked.

I got 1/2 way through my CPR online course. I was doing it when the news about the Stay at home order came down. Of course, I already knew everything they were talking about. I don't know what I am expecting them to say. I think I want answers to things they don't have answers to yet. I still haven't volunteered yet either. I want Jim to turn the corner before I sign up for anything.

@GingerPwr I love when your southern accent comes through lol! Thinking light thoughts for you!
    @tryingagain5 We just got the same news today but they didn't do all of Pennsylvania. My county is one that got the stay at home order started tonight at 8. We were told two weeks but I am guessing that it is going to extend. I was hoping your work would take up some of the manufacturing of the medical equipment that is needed.
  • sleepymom5
    Options
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    From what I understand Michigan has a lot of cases now. Last I heard it was over 1,000 but I'm sure it's higher now. I'm making sure not to watch the news too much. I'm not surprised it happened, especially with Ohio and Illinois doing it earlier.
    I'm surprised that PA only doing it by county and not the whole state. That's interesting and only 2 weeks instead of 3.

No, my work hasn't said anything about changing to help manufacture the medical items. I think one of GM plants or possibly Ford, can't remember which, has changed to help with it.

I understand about you not wanting to volunteer until Jim is better. I also understand about wanting answers that nobody can give. I was watching the President's briefing earlier and the reporters were asking questions that really don't have answers.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Motivation Monday

I have been accidentally signed up to do Simon Says and other interactive games for 4 to 8-year-olds on Zoom. All I was trying to do was answer a technical question and whoosh I'm about to be the Mrs. Rogers of our neighbourhood in Toronto. I'll be starring on Wed and Fri afternoons at 2:30. LOL.

Who knows, when we finally get to go outside, I could have a fan club.

On another note, my international student Wendy is so so sad. She had booked a flight to go home to Vietnam and it was canceled. The only safe place to transfer flights was Taipei and they aren't allowing anyone foreign, and neither is Vietnam. All the quarantine centres are full and they are very nervous with their own sudden increase in cases. Her face was swollen from crying but we get along and I've told her we can think of fun things to do. I'm going to teach her to make a cake. Her college courses went online today for the next couple of weeks, so that will be a good distraction.

I'm thinking of you all. Stay safe and stay well.

@tryingagain5 Many Canadian wireless companies have waived data overages, long-distance charges, and roaming fees to help people dealing with COVID-19. I hope they do the same in Michigan so that you don't have to change your plan. I love all your feedback to the group...and your dog pics. :smile:

@sleepymom5 I'm so sorry to hear about Jim's flu. It sounds really bad and he must be very reassured with your nursing background. I hope he recovers soon.

@Cafelelia I'm sorry to hear about your mom trying to stay independent. I've heard a lot about this age group in the news too. Feisty bunch. There was an article in the Globe and Mail about seniors resisting social distancing. Makes for a strange dynamic in families. Where does your mom live? BTW, those hair touch up kits my salon is selling are $75! I picked up two Schwarzkopf colouring kits (full-sized) at Dollarama for $4 each and am rationing them out for my roots. I'm 90% grey.

@ljdanny I'd love to see your magenta hair. What a fun, bold colour. Can't wait for salons to open again. I saw a funny meme about what kids are going to look like when their parents resort to cutting their hair. Rather than trying to trim my own fringe, I'm going to try barrettes.

@KUMEcyclingteam I still cannot stop laughing and admiring that picture of you with your damsel in distress. I highly doubt a mother who could raise you is a damsel in distress at all. LOL.

@nstephenson01 I'm glad your husband made it home. I was thinking about his trip when everything was happening so fast. Gauge and Willow are beauties.

@podperson1 Your cats are beautiful. Like you, I went for a long walk on Sunday and it was like a slalom course keeping my 2 metres away from everyone on the path at the park.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I got my Easter gifts too, but am not sure I'll be seeing my family. I'll show the treats to them on Facetime...hopefully not me eating their chocolate bunnies. I was lucky enough to get some marshmallow Peeps. If I give in to my urges, they'd be a lighter choice. LOL. Stay strong in your lockdown. Your cat is very relaxing to see relaxing.

@kirsten11872 I've been worried about you since the number of cases in your area shot up so fast and seem to be more serious than in other areas. Stay safe and healthy.

@lennoncpa Your grand-puppy is so cute. I can't even imagine how small he is. I was listening to our public radio today, CBC, and they were talking about accountants receiving paperwork from their clients and how to handle social distancing. It's best to have them put it down and stay two metres apart and wait up to 24 hours before picking up the paperwork from where they placed it. Hand-offs only until we're clear of all this.

@GingerPwr Sending light thoughts your way.

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    3/22 - 10,163 steps
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Pardon my French, but eff Covid 19. Today has not been a good day. I may be made redundant but won't know for a few weeks. At the very least I'm looking at a 20% pay cut, which is also the same for hubby.

No chance of getting another job in the current situation.

I keep getting overwhelming urges to binge eat, go for a run (which my body can't handle with my nerve problems), cry, or hide under a big blanket and pretend the world doesn't exist.

On the plus side my calories and water are fine, I recognise the compulsive thoughts, and I avoided the tray of cookies that my daughter baked because that would have been a disaster if I ate one. It wouldn't have been just the one, that's for sure.

Please share fur-baby photos and all manner of positive things, because the world is on fire and this sucks.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx

I hope you get to keep your job. I also understand about the pay cut. My company is paying its hourly workers for 32 hours per week for the next 3 weeks. I know many of my coworkers were depending on all the OT pay they were getting and now they have to figure it out on 32 hours. I've never figured OT pay or bonuses in my budget since I know those things can go away, which now they have. We're supposed to get our quarterly bonus at the end of April but who knows what that will look like now.

I understand the wanting to eat because for some reason it seems to comfort us. I'm glad you're not giving in to those urges. Keep up the great work! Now that I"ll be home all the time, I'm going to have to make sure I don't get something to eat out of boredom. My condo is small and the upper level is basically one big room. The kitchen area is only steps away from the living room. The lower level is two bedrooms and a full but small bathroom and an area for laundry. My plan to stay out of the kitchen area is to pretend that I'm at work and can only eat at designated times. I also plan to be productive and probably get in a lot more exercise than I normally would.

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    That's really nice of the Canadian phone companies to waive fees, etc, during this time. I haven't heard anything about that in Michigan.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy my posts. Trying to do my best to help anyone I can through things I've gone through and to get others feedback on things they've gone through that may help me.

I've been enjoying all the fur baby pics too. Glad you liked my dog pics even if they don't belong to me. I love them as if they do.🥰
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    03/23 steps 4702
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food IF 18/6
    Water 8 cups
    Exercise 45 minutes weights, 1 hour walk, 10 minutes hulahoop
    Steps 10,230
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    It worked!! I have to pat myself on the back! Lol!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just on lunch break after home schooling. It did not go well this morning, ugh. Yesterday was a good day. I followed my plan, exercised and drank over 2l of water. My younger son had a bit of a rough night sleeping and I was up with him a few times. He has some anxiety about everything that is going on, and also misses his friends and activities. We are trying our best to talk things through with him and keep his spirits. He is feeling better now and has his ups and downs like the rest of us. My older boy just FaceTimed my mom and told her about all his social activity on TikTok,PS4. etc. My mom has no idea what he is talking about but I can tell she loves talking to him!

@sleepymom5 - I am so sorry that Jim is not feeling better and very good thing that you are a nurse. Keep on taking good care of him and use your best judgement if the ER is necessary. Hang in there and remember to take care of yourself too. Daisy is adorable and you have a beautiful family!

@hope002 - Nice day!

@mrsbell8well - I agree with @sleepymom5. Putting on some weight right now is understandable, as are your emotions around the gain. Given your recent surgery and the risks of the virus, perhaps give some extra thought to your approach. A 10 lb weigh loss in a month and a cleanse at face value seem to be very extreme targets at the best of times. Perhaps give your normal, healthy eating a try, as well as mindfulness. Getting your affairs in order is a smart thing to do at any time, so now is as good a time as any. A lot of people are doing this now because they have the time.

@ljdanny - I am sorry about work shutting down. Exercise and some relaxation time are smart things to do right now. Daycares here have shut down, but they now have to open emergency ones now as so many essential workers rely on them.

@tryingagain5 - I am sorry about your job and good that you are getting some pay for the next 3 weeks. Your plan to stay out of the kitchen and exercise is a good one!

@JillyBT - Nice loss! It is a tough situation with your parents. Given that you have asthma, you may want to hold on to the caregivers for now.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I am so sorry about work and of course it would not be a good day today. Your urges to binge eat are very understandable right now and it is very good that you are recognizing them. Please post here whenever you need to, particularly with respect to the urges. Sending you a virtual hug.

@1Theresamcvean - Omg, I have to watch you on Zoom! That is hilarious! I feel bad for Wendy and she is very luck to have you. My mom lives in St. Davids which is part of Niagara-on-the-Lake. She lives in a neighbourhood full of retirees & Downsizers, so they all look out for each other. She prides herself on her good health and independence, so needing to rely on anyone is very hard for her. Let us know how the home box coloring goes. I will not do it as I know I will mess it up. I don’t have too many greys, but they will show. I am going to use more hairbands as a solution!

@GingerPwr - You can bust that plateau! Sending you light & positive thoughts for weigh in!

@nstephenson01 - So happy that your hubby made it home safely and it must feel great to have him back! You are so kind to shop for your neighbour, especially with these shortages. Good to focus on what you an control like your food & exercise. Thanks re my boys. They are cute, but not when I am homeschooling them, omg!
This discussion has been closed.