TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• KvanEden
    KvanEden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! This is my first month in The Biggest Loser Community and I'm very excited to be joining you all :) In the past few years, I've gotten very lazy with my lifestyle. I switched to a desk job and stopped curling 2 to 3 times a week (due to injury). I am now 35lbs more than I weighed 2 years ago and it is time for a much needed change. To help support my weight loss journey, I have joined a virtual race to 'run/bike' the Appalachian trail with a goal of completing in less than 28 weeks (which means I have to walk/bike a minimum of 7 miles a day...eek!) Here's to a great first month and looking forward to getting to know my teammates!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: April week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 189
    CW: 189

Hi everyone! I’ve been doing this challenge for a year and love it! It helps keep me accountable and the support from teammates is great!
    Special thanks to @AmyG1982 for persevering through the recent crisis and for leading our team!!
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! I’m excited to join this challenge as I find I’m less likely to make excuses when it comes to potentially disappointing a team.

Thank you, @AmyG1982 for being our captain. I am sure it is a fair amount of work to manage all of this.

@KvanEden, great additional challenge!! Looking forward to cheering you on. 🙂
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    This is my first time here. I hoping this group will help me to stay more accountable. I’m a nurse working icu in a small Pennsylvania rural hospital. We have not seen any covid but they have been in nearby hospitals . I was suppose to have hip surgery last week but it was postponed. I was put on medical leave by my md til I have my surgery. I’m not able to exercise strenuously but concentrating on eating healthy . Since January I am down 34 lbs. Normally I am a very active person, I use to walk five miles/ day with my very active bloodhounds, riding my two horses and of course running around crazy at work.
    Weigh day
    Sat
    April week 1 248.8

If you’re weighing in on saturdays your first weigh in won’t be until April 4th :) today is day 1 of the April challenge.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    For anybody who’s new here something some of us do for extra accountability is a daily post (loosely) in the following format:

Daily Post Day of the Week
    Track: Yes/No
    Calories: Under/Over
    Exercise: Yes/No
    Day: how you feel about today. Any big wins or challenges etc.

If anyone has anything else they’d like to try as a group I’d be open to it!
  • KvanEden
    KvanEden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, 5 miles on the treadmill, 10 miles on stationary bike
    Day: great start to the week, feeling energized and excited :)
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - twice
    Day: Only had to pause workout video once to catch breath; yesterday was 4 times despite the video being shorter in length.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: on target
    Exercise: no

Good day overall! Hoping the week ahead goes well. Stay healthy friends!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: Yes scooter ride with my daughter
    Day: today is the last day of binging and then tomorrow I recommit to eating better and losing the weight I recently put back on (and more hopefully)!
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: Yes
    Exercise: No but I did do a lot of cleaning around the house
  • vjpaddy
    vjpaddy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is my first time here. I hoping this group will help me to stay more accountable. I’m a nurse working icu in a small Pennsylvania rural hospital. We have not seen any covid but they have been in nearby hospitals . I was suppose to have hip surgery last week but it was postponed. I was put on medical leave by my md til I have my surgery. I’m not able to exercise strenuously but concentrating on eating healthy . Since January I am down 34 lbs. Normally I am a very active person, I use to walk five miles/ day with my very active bloodhounds, riding my two horses and of course running around crazy at work.
    Weigh day
    Sat
    April week 1 248.8

Lots of power to you. Inspiring how you lost 34lbs. Well done and good luck this month :)

• vjpaddy
    vjpaddy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I start at about 214 lbs. Realistic target this month is to get to 210 lbs. With the WFH change, kids at home, all the snacking going on at home, losing the usual 10k steps I did a day travelling to work - This months challenge is going to be more a mind game than physical.

Wish me luck. Together we can !
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    kyoung1908 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm definitely trying to adjust. Today my city put a stay at home for 2 weeks. I fell off so bad. I had to take my son to the emergency room for covid 19 symptoms. He's finally starting to feel a little bit better today. This month's goal is to be less than 205.

Hope your son is ok!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    With most of us working from home and facing additional challenges because of that would anyone be up for an addition to the daily posts?

I was thinking we could add either a movement challenge or a no snacking challenge? Thoughts? We could do a different one each week...?
  • TwinMomma2019
    Options
    TwinMomm2019
    April Week 1 - Monday
    PW: 162.3
    CW 162.9
  • TwinMomma2019
    Options
    @AmyG1982 I like that idea! I need something to get me moving.
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    With most of us working from home and facing additional challenges because of that would anyone be up for an addition to the daily posts?

I was thinking we could add either a movement challenge or a no snacking challenge? Thoughts? We could do a different one each week...?

A moving challenge would be great
This discussion has been closed.