Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on plan
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5 km walk
    I have been trying to think about June goals and what I approach I want to take. I have started up IF in earnest again and am tracking. I am playing around with the fast times, so starting at 14:10 at the moment. I have not been logging food and trying to by a plan and the hunger scale. I am seriously thinking about going back to logging in June as well. I just like having the data from it. I will give it some more thought over the rest of the week. It was so hot yesterday, we even had a heat warning. I have started getting up earlier to walk because by 9 am, it is already hot. I don’t mind the heat anyway and it is nice to have so much sunshine.

@sleepymom5 - I am sure it was nice to have those cook outs on the long weekend. Don’t worry about overeating too much and you can just get back to your planning and routine today. As time goes one, I get sentimental about certain objects, so I understand your feelings about changing your bed. I am trying to think what Marie Kondo would say. I think she would say to talk to your bed, thank it and gently explain it is time to move on. That may sound weird, but maybe give it a try!

@twyla77 - So happy that the cleanse is working out for you? Do you have any plans for how you will eat after? That photo is so cool!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Kudos to you for doing those jackknifes! I think that I would fall flat on my face if I tried!

@nstephenson01 - What an amazing garden! Just think of all the fresh vegetables you will be eating! I agree that planning and prepping really works!

@jedaschultz - Nice loss and glad you that you feel you are betting back on track! Congrats to your husband on his coming retirement. It may be an adjustment having him around more, but I am sure it will be so nice well, particularly after this pandemic is over.

@timibotkin - Amazing gardens! You have so much space!

@podperson1 - Great loss! Here’s to you reaching your new “stone zone” (or new mile “stone”)! Glad that you are feeling better! We don’t use stone as a weight measurement in Canada. We use the metric system, but it is so weird as people always talk about their weigh and height in Imperial, even kids. But we talk about the grocery weights, weather and roadway speeds in metric.

@GingerPwr - You are doing so great! I love how you plan both your food and your fitness. Congrats on finished the Fitness Blender challenge!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Your post is funny. Maybe smiling and drinking at the same time. When Molly and I were in NC we slept on a king size bed. After the weekend I decided that we too were going to buy a king size when we move there. Interesting that you are doing it as well.
    I borrowed a book from the library that was getting ready to expire and would not let me renew since there was a long waiting list. I ended up staying up Sunday night till 2:30 am reading it. I finally had to break down and purchase a copy from Amazon. It's Gentleman in Moscow. Has anyone else read it? It's delightful. And I love the history.
    I ended up finishing cleaning Skylynns bedroom on Sunday so yesterday I spend the day resting and took a long nap. But I didn't fall asleep till 5 am this morning so I am definitely off today.
    I also overate yesterday. I was doing so well. I have a fridge full of such delicious foods. I think I am nervous also about the transfer either way. The home we wanted has sold. Oh well...wasn't our home after all.
    I am trying to figure out what is going on with me. I have always thought we use our weight as a shield. There is nothing physical about these recent pounds. It is all mental.
    Not sure what to think.

@gingerpwr thanks for the nice words. Did you enjoy your anniversary? It is so good to see you doing so well. We all have been through so much together in this group.

@Cafelelia my starter is still not ready but close. It is crazy how people are not following guidelines. I am feeling like I need to stay off the news for awhile. It's such bizarre times. Sounds like you are getting yourself set up for a good June. I did my logging for 1 day then gave up. I don't seem to have much "stay with it" power right now. Not sure what it will take. Good luck on your efforts! I am so happy your guiding our team.

Gardners thanks for posting your pictures. Lots of work and such amazing payoffs.

@podperson1 Yes your biscuits sound like one of my favorite treats. I believe they are more cookie like. I would never order or make biscuits and gravy but my wife definitely prefers something like that over pancakes. Thanks also for your kind supportive comments.

Last day of working from home. Makes me sad. Once again wish I was retired. The relocation brings me one step closer to where I want to be. But were all trusting in the universe to guide us in the next steps. Staying optimistic.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Whoever posted their gardens- They look amazing!

We have a small one but my husband is the one taking care of that. I used to do my flower beds but this year no time so I let my 5y old daughter throw seeds wherever she wanted to and I see some are popping we will see what she did lol

I do love to take care of house plants. I had over 100 at some point but I had to give some away Bc it was too much. I may have close to 70-80 now still

@sleepymom5 king beds are awesome! Once you have it delivered and sleep on it- you won’t even remember missing your old bed :)

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx it was so sad to read about your dads behavior towards you. Hugs! :heart: You’re doing great and I hope that childhood memory is faded away by now...

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate to plan well enough to have a little treat - I had a small bag of cheddar and sour cream chips! It's the little things.

Today I've had a jog, but I had a fat-heavy breakfast of scrambled eggs and Italian sausage. Luckily, I'm planning to have big dinner salads tonight, and I don't have to throw any extra protein on mine. Lunch will probably be some sort of fruit and oatmeal smoothie.

Remember, it's about balance and process. Trust the process, and know that you're worth the effort you're making!!!

a0m076phn7bg.jpg
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food: 14:10 IF. Began with a nutritious breakfast. Wasn’t hungry at lunch time so skipped then all hell broke loose. Overate at dinner (as in I ate more than my husband!!!) but I felt like a bottomless pit and never felt full. But I paid for it later.
    Water: ok
    Exercise & steps: walked the dogs; 12,618 steps

Overeating at night is becoming more the norm than exception. I really need to get a grip. Since we ate a little earlier than usual yesterday I set my app for an 18 hr fast as penance for my gluttony. My first 18 hr fast went well. Tonight’s dinner is salad with grilled shrimp.

@Cafelelia I try to log mostly to track my macros, protein & fiber but then I get too focused on the calorie count. Its such an imperfect tool unless weighing and measuring everything.

@sleepymom5 we went from a king to a queen years ago and love it... I can’t imagine going back to a queen

@lenka1 I think I remember seeing a beautiful photo of you and your houseplants a while back. You have quite the green thumb.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    User ID: Freeglerock
    Week Number: 4
    Previous weight: 186.9
    Current weight: 185.7

Morning all. Been an incredibly busy week, work has been full, as has allotment with getting bed repaired and plants in the ground. Friday evening I went for a socially distant drink with my neighbour - 8 hours later, way too much wine drunk, and the worst hangover I've had in a long time. But it was good to catch up. And then my daughter fractures her wrist (5 hrs spent at the hospital).

I have booked some holiday from work to spend playing with the kids, and finish planting at the allotment, so hopefully will be a bit more chilled this week.

Food wise, good choices made and have been getting frequent exercise in, though did not hit my 5x in the week. I have joined a Facebook group to follow a 12 week Les Mills exercise plan - incorporates 2 strength, 1 cardio, 1 stretch, 1 hiit and 1 rest day a week. Day 3 today - stretching - will enjoy that one!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @timibotkin what a lovely space you have for you gardens.  What are you growing?

@nstephenson01 love your garden as well - your raised beds are immaculate!  One of my allotments has raised beds (not quite as high though), initially built in 2008/9.  Each year now we have to rebuild parts.  Hoping my other half will rebuild the last one tonight so I can get my brussel sprouts, sprouting broccoli and kale in the ground!

@podperson1 Just using lbs is a whole new concept to me - and I share in your aim to reaching the next stone barrier (and half stones....).  You're doing great and will be in the 12's soon!

@GingerPwr glad you had a great anniversary.  Your meal sounds delicious!

@sleepymom5 I know what you mean about easily falling back into overeating.  So easy to do when not thinking about it.  Especially things like bbqs or buffets.  Hoping that at some point the body will get used to less food, and so will make it less easy to over eat.  Jealous of the new bed!  We have a large bed, and I now struggle to sleep sharing anything smaller!

@Cafelelia June has come around too quickly.  Thank you for talking about goals - I'm going to have a think about some that last longer than a week!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/26 steps 13716
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    Time to Recruit!

If you have friends who would love your team, or any of the others - registration for June is OPEN!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Mrsbell8well
    Wednesday
    PW 152.6
    CW 155
    +2.4
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food - on plan
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5km walk
    Yesterday was good and new IF routine is going well. It really does make me feel better and somehow less hungry, which is weird!

@freeglerock - Nice loss! You are doing great! I am so sorry about your daughter and hope she is feeling ok. Yes, it is June, so time to start thinking about goals!

@nstephenson01 - I hear you on the eating at night. I fell into that in April in particular. My husband took over making suppers and we started eating much later than normal, and this led to more eating at night. I have been slowly weaning myself off that habit and asked hubby to please get supper on the table an hour earlier (he is one of those really slow, messy cooks, but I can’t complain really). Let us know how the 18 hour fast goes.

@GingerPwr - You are doing great! I sometimes find myself ignoring the process and focusing too much on the goal. The process is important!

@lenka1 - I am not sure I mentioned it, but I love your new profile pic!

@mrsbell8well - The transfer and everything is a lot to take in, so some of that overeating may have been stress. Maybe going back to the office will help take the focus away for a little bit. Hope all goes well and let us know any news!

• Cafelelia
    Options
    @mrsbell8well - Angelina, sending you a big hug. You have a lot going on right now. Staying at goal can be really hard to figure out and it is very specific to the individual. You will figure this out. I know that you have a lot of support, but maybe you should speak to neutral third party like a nutritionist or counselor? This could at least help with the stress right now.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    ncwkh74jfnr6.jpeg

The end of may snuck up on me!

Just an fyi that we start our new June thread on Sunday. The threads will go up on Friday and I will post a link here.

As Liselyn noted, our June registration has now opened. Here is some info you can copy and share on your newsfeed and with friends:

Fat 2 Fit June registration is open and we are inviting you to join!!

We are an amazing weight loss challenge and support group! We have teams for accountability and challenges for motivation.

In June, we are also adding support for those members who have reached goal and want to stay there.
    Come join the best bunch of losers on MFP :)

Click here to see what we are all about: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Want to join us? Click here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    Just saying hi quick. I am having computer issues so I won’t be able to check in until later. I am not good on the phone. 😞
This discussion has been closed.