• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 5
    Fridays
    PW - 154.1
    CW - 153.5

I will take any loss, no matter how small! It was busy yesterday, but I stayed on plan and did 5 km walk. I cannot believe it is Friday already! My walking has been going really well. At some point, I will transfer to running, but I am not quite there yet.

@lennoncpa - Those middle of the night wake ups are tough. They have been happening more to me during the pandemic and for me stress related. Maybe make a list of a few other activities that you could do at 3 am and try to avoid the kitchen. You did throw away the remaining pancake mix, so good going!

@nstephenson01 - I am sorry about that gain. Same advice, maybe sub in another activity rather than food/wine at night? There is that danger to IF to binge after not eating. Like you, I found the longer fast easier to do this week than the 14:10 fasts. Hope that you husband returns safely home soon.

@ljdanny - Hope that you enjoyed the hairdresser, what a treat!

@mrsbell8well - You plan sounds very reasonable and you can do this! That tofu looks yummy! It is one of my most favorite foods!

@podperson1 - You have an amazing mindset and you are right that it was just one day. Honestly, I think it is ok to have treats too in moderation.

@sleepymom5 - I laughed so much at that meme! I used to be great with plants, then I had kids and the plants died or were destroyed by the kids!

@profdawnlee - You had a fantastic month, congratulations! I love asparagus!

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 935 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 154.1
    Today's weight: 154.1

This week I was up and down dramatically. I was at 156.3 on Tuesday and all over the place. Thanks @GingerPwr for your recent post about weighing more often to see the chart. I also now like to see the weekly average on Fitbit.

My apologies, this is a day late. I also want to apologize for ranting earlier this week about the park in Toronto. I know that everyone here is trying hard to stay on track while experiencing so many things and that can be an emotional balancing act. When I wanted to tell someone about how I felt, this just felt like such a safe place compared to Facebook for example. Upon reflection, I think one of the reasons that it's so safe here is that we protect each other from bad news to keep it a safe place.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @gingerpwr wow so impressive! How do you feel? Are you at goal??? What number were you trying to reach? You have done such an amazing job losing these last 15 pounds. You are definitely my inspiration and my can do model. I remember how you stayed stuck around 145-148 for so long. There is no stopping you now!
    @lenka1good idea about the photos. I will see what I can find and post. I love your profile picture! I remember your picture of all the plants you posted last year. It's still a lot of plants lol!
    @Cafelelia great job on the IF. And yes I am feeling better today. At least I suppose I am. I was down a pound and a half so of course that is the compass for how I feel today. So sad to let the scale rule my emotions. But I am regrouping. I set a new goal date of August 12th to be back at goal.

With a 3 1/2 pound loss I will be back in the 140's and feeling normalish again. I can soooo do that right? I don't have an actual game plan yet but I am still thinking about everything. My meals today are planned out and overall I am feeling optimistic.
    And yes your right that I just need to lose 1 more pound. That's it. That's my focus.

My commitment today is to enjoy a nice glass of herb tea after dinner and skip dessert.

Angelina, I'm not sure if you tried the STASH Chocolate Mint tea but it's dessert in itself. It has caffeine though.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Pw: 168.0
    Cw: 166.6
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    8ea88prtw2pg.jpeg
    We are moving to our June thread this Sunday, May 31st. Please feel free to visit now to post your introduction and June goals! Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798300/weight-no-more-team-chat-june-2020#latest

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,458 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Week 5
    Fridays
    PW - 202.5
    CW - 203.5

Thursday check in
    Food - logged and cutting it close again
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 45min walk, PT, strength and stretching

Ugh! I am not totally surprised. I know I can do better than I have been. I am going to continue my focus with portion control and the hunger scale. I think these are my biggest problems right now.

Just got back from a 45 min walk. Jim has been walking at least twice a day and puts out a text each morning to our family group text to see if anyone wants to join. Today Danny, his dog Charlie, my niece and her boyfriend joined Jim, Shannon, MK and I. It was really nice. We dropped Jim and MK off and I did another loop, the kids went further but it was so humid out, Daisy and I looped around and headed home after another 15 min. It is nice to get it "out of the way". I may do the evening walk too if it isn't raining. It would be nice to get into a habit of a walk twice a day.

Don't forget-we have a new thread on Sunday. Feel free to go over and introduce yourself before Sunday. Sunday weigh ins-post on the new thread.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798300/weight-no-more-team-chat-june-2020#latest

@podperson1 What a great attitude you have! You are absolutely right, it is just a blip and sounds like you are back at it already! It is interesting to see how unhealthy eating effects us now that we are eating healthier. You got this girl!!
    @Mrsbell8well. Looks delicious!
    @ljdanny It must be the season for us to get king sized beds lol! It is nice to have all that room. I wish I did it sooner! No worries about the weigh in. You have until Saturday night at 11:59
    @nstephenson01 I would have thought it was temporary too. Safe travels to him. Is it hot by you yet? I was wondering if you could sub out your wine for tea at night for a little treat? I am also struggling with eating and portions. Maybe with the hubs gone it will be a little easier to work on.
    @lennoncpa I am glad I am not the only one with gardening lol! I used to try so hard and then gave up. What is it with not sleeping and eating? Especially carbs and comfort food. There has to be some link. I am the same way. Luckily I usually have no problem sleeping. I hope this is something that is temporary. Do you usually have difficulty sleeping. With everything going on now a days, I can certainly see why your brain may not be shutting off.
    @brown6267 Another great day of steps!
    @GingerPwr I love your plan moving forward. I also like how you figured things out and smashed through your plateau. Does fitness blender have different levels? I wouldn't think I would be able to do what you do.
    @Cafelelia You are moving steadily downward! Great job!
    @1theresamcvean To say the least, the world is a very frustrating place right now. Sometimes we need to vent. No need to apologize. Hugs! I don't know if I told you, I got that tea and it is delicious! :) Thanks for the suggestion
    @lenka1 nice loss! I am not surprised, you seem to have gotten into a good routine!
    @bburrer30 Wow! You are doing awesome! I can't wait to see what you do in June!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 132.8
    Today's weight: 133.2
    Weekly Steps: 57286
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@sleepymom5 - that houseplant post is so me! I cannot keep anything alive. I'm currently attempting to grow some cat grass for my boys, and I have been told that it is almost impossible to kill grass - sounds like a challenge, right? :D Your family group walk sounds lovely.

@mrsbell8well - thank you for the tofu tips! I actually have some in the fridge I have been meaning to do something with for a while. I think I was right that I've not been draining it for long enough so fingers crossed may turn out better this time!

@nstephenson01 - doesn't always work, but I find something that can help me with the evening snack cravings is to have something else to do with my hands. I've started doing origami while chilling to tv, a friend of mine is going to teach me to knit when the lockdown eases enough. I also paint my nails once a week, which can often be the most effective as then I figure eating will smudge it plus the polish smell puts me off a bit. Hope your hubby's trip all goes well.

@GingerPwr - I have looked at the Noom program in the past. Think at the moment with work being a bit unstable I may not be able to commit the money to it, but maybe in the future. You are really inspiring me with your progress and mindset x

@cafelelia - woot, congrats on the weight loss - slow and steady gets there :)

@1theresamcvean - don't worry about ranting, it gets on my nerves as well how so many people seem to just head out to the public spaces en-masse and totally forget about proper distancing! I agree it feels like such a safe space here, but maybe because everyone is super supportive of all the stresses we're all going through, and the occasional rant is totally a part of that :D

@bburrer30 - impressive loss over the month, go you!

@lennoncpa - what a cutie <3 have to laugh at the doggie diaper though. Sounds like the poor boy has had a rough time of it, but am sure he's landed on his paws now with you x

How is it almost June already?? I think I probably need to come up with some new goals and a plan for the next month. I'm really happy with how the last few months have gone overall, especially as I see so many people posting about how much they're gaining during lockdown. I know that if this had happened last year that would definitely have been me as well.

Yesterday was much better for me. Really wasn't hungry after the pig-out the day before so ended up at under 500 cals for the day, plus did my zumba class so the app claimed I was in a negative - that's gotta be a first lol. Anyway, the scales have gone back down today so all good. I know a few of you have mentioned mindset and I really underestimated in the past how much of a mental thing weight loss would be for me. I've read a few books on Hunger Directed Eating, it ended up being a little too 'relaxed' for what I needed at the time, but such a lot of the theory behind it really resonated with me. Things like getting stuck in diet and guilt cycles and how we've moved so far away from actually listening to our bodies in terms of hunger cues and what it actually needs.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Yes! Fitness Blender lets you filter through the workouts by ability level, plus they usually show you modifications for their more intense exercises.

That 8 week program I just got also has separate beginner level workouts for the first 2 weeks as well.

The husband and wife pair behind fitness blender are super educated and really great at making sure you're getting the most accurate health information.

@1theresamcvean I'm going to have to get that chocolate tea!!! That sounds delicious!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 your kind words made me laugh and smile. Yes your right I did not eat the whole sleeve. I am more of a glutton with good food. I love to eat and I love to cook. If one plate is good two seems even better! I think that has always been my situation is portion control more than what I eat.
    Busy day at work.
    @1theresamcvean Yes I do have that mint chocolate tea. I am actually thinking of making suntea with it. Wouldn't that be delicious chilled?
    More later.
    TGIF!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Catching up since last week.

@twyla77 Wow, that cleanse really took away some bloat. Did you make it to the end? I like your idea about the mint and cucumber in your water. I actually need a way to use up my mint and cucumber. I often buy it for a recipe and end up throwing some of it out. No more! I think I may even have one of those diffuser water bottles if I didn't Marie Kondo it. Have you shared a picture of your rabbit here? If so, please share some more. We all need cute pet pics.

@Mrsbell8well I might just try some of that Chili Crunch and love the look of those kohlrabi greens. I'm going to see if I can find some at the market this afternoon. It's a small market and nothing is labeled so I'll have to look at Google images before I go. I'm going to look up. A Gentleman in Moscow. I find I'm very fidgety waiting for big decisions. Hiring takes so much longer than anyone predicts. Your post about stress eating and maintenance was very insightful today. Thanks for that. You've helped me and many others here, so I'm sure you will find a way to help yourself with a new routine and plan that works. You'll see. Big hug.

@tryingagain5 Thanks for sharing the bridge photos after the flood. It's so stressful for communities facing disasters during the pandemic. I really worry about people in those circumstances. How are you doing this week? I know that work is on your mind a lot. How was your weather? Were you able to get out on some walks with your neighbours?

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It must feel good to be getting back to Spinning, yoga, and working out overall. I hope your nerve pain is on it's way out or at least becomes manageable. Thanks for sharing the how-to image of the jackknife. I may just try a few myself. It's been a very long time since I've done one when I used a personal trainer regularly a few years back. Thank you for sharing your story about your father and mother. I don't think it's as common with our generation to affect our children that way - we know so much more now, and you are a good, strong mom.

@Cafelelia Do you find that with IF you are less hungry overall. How did your just-about-24-hour fast go? How did you do it, just drink water and clear fluids? You must be relieved that this lovely fresh air has moved in especially for your long walks. My air conditioner didn't work when I turned it on earlier this week for the first time this year. It's one of those split units that Mitsubishi commonly makes but mine's a different brand. I'm actually having the guy who services it come into the house tomorrow to get it up and running. He'll be the first person across the threshold other than me and Wendy in what seems like forever. If he doesn't have a mask, I will provide one. I feel a little nervous about that.

@GingerPwr It sounds like heaven to have gone out for dinner. That'll be one of the first things I'll look forward to when things like that open up here. I also love that you went to the mall with your son and a couple of his friends. Such a normal thing to do, oops or no oops. It sounds so nostalgic. Where is this magical land in which you live? Things must have gone very well with social distancing to get your community out of isolation or sheltering in place. Something to look forward to!

@sleepymom5 The family cookout sounded awesome too. I think overeating at an event like that is understandable and just one meal. I'm so sorry to hear about MK's anxiety. Elisabeth took very well to the video therapy sessions and they are helping her a lot right now. She even told me the other day that they may be more helpful because she finds the screen keeps her really focused on the therapist. I hope MK will give it a try. My heart goes out to her.

@sleepymom5 and @ljdanny I wonder if the sales of king-sized beds are on the rise right now overall? At a glance, a report on mattress sales trends are only available for a steep fee. Upon reflection, it's probably hospital mattresses that have really gone up and that is sad.

@podperson1 We don't use stones in Canada either but I'm very familiar with the term. It sounds so fancy to my Canadian ear - as if I'm watching the BBC, which we do a lot of here. I'm glad you rebounded from your pancake and take-away day with a positive attitude. That's half the battle right there.

@timibotkin and @nstephenson01 Whoa! Your gardens. They're like little farms. I'd hate to go into work and leave my garden behind too, Timi. And I'm not sure how I'd be able to handle a garden that size on my own, for example when your husband travels, Nancy. We planted a vegetable patch out back this year. A few neighbours joined together and made a big one in the yard next door to me because they have the most sun. On Wednesday we got a tonne of compost delivered. That raised a lot of eyebrows in downtown Toronto. It's much more cost-effective $100 CAD/$72 USD all-in with the delivery. You should have seen the size truck that pulled up!

@jedaschultz I am happy to hear that things are becoming more normal for you. It is a hard time right now and even a new normal is a welcome and comforting thing.

@nstephenson01 I'm more of an evening eater too. So far, what's worked for me is starting to eat much later in the day. At first, I sort of substituted an evening snack instead of breakfast. But lately, I'm just happy with lunch and dinner several times a week. I noticed that what little I've tried of IF these days, which is simply not eating until about 2:00 p.m. has resulted in my being less hungry overall.

@Freeglerock Great loss! About those stones. They're a bit of a holdover from the imperial system, aren't they? In Canada, we use a complete mix of imperial and metric too. Our roads are in kilometres, our outdoor temperatures are celsius, our produce and meat are in grams and kilograms (but I still understand it better in ounces and pounds), our liquids are all over the place, and then oddly our body weight is in pounds, and sometimes we talk about a fever of 102 degrees.

@pacsnc6 You've done so well with your treatment regime so far. It's a good thing you don't have to wait to long after the 6th treatment to find out which of the three outcomes is next.

@ProfDawnLee Great tip about the asparagus. I love it too. You've done so well this month. You must be pleased. Did you get a lot of yellow lines on your chart? Did you find that helpful? Looking for tips for my June goals.

@lennoncpa I have a little white dog. He is a love bug, but when he rolls around in the dirt, boy can he get smelly. Luckily he likes having a bath but the brushing is a lot of work for me. I use shampoo and conditioner because he has hair versus fur. I hope Bebe likes baths and brushing. The brushing is actually quite relaxing for both of us as long as we have the time. In a hurry, it's not much fun for either of us.

@bburrer30 Great loss this week and overall, especially during the rainy weather.

@brown6267 Great stepping!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,117 Member
    Options
    Hello Wonderful WNM people! You have a couple new people heading your way:
    @j098765 and @Ademann1 will be here or on your June thread so keep your eye out for them and help them get up and running for the June challenge. Enjoy!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited May 2020
    Options
    javgo2gs99i5.jpeg
    I love this picture. It’s my daughter-in-law, Katie, and my granddaughter, Pippa, returning home from ‘A Pretty Good Farm,’ where they picked up their first CSA box of the year. Katie’s really excited. In defense of Pippa, who has always had the best ever resting b-face, she’s never allowed screen time and there’s her mom on taking a selfie.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited May 2020
    Options
    j098765 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :) I’m excited to be a part of this group!

Welcome! I love your shoes and is that woven thing a part of your bike? If so, awesome. If not, awesome too. Great shot.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    5bu7culvtwvl.jpeg

This is my new foster dog Bebe. It’s a boy and I’m not sure who chose that name! Anyways he is sweet as can be but not neutered and likes to mark his territory so he wears a diaper in the house. Very strange because I’ve never had a dog who wears diapers but it sure cuts down on the stress! I’m trying to see if I can get him into a groomer because he stinks and I think he probably needs more than just a bath! I’ve never had such a fluffy dog before. Usually I get chihuahuas that are short haired! Anyways it is an adventure and he’s on some meds for heart, ears and coughing poor little guy. I figured I might have him for awhile while he gets healthy.

I love Bebe. As for his name, he must be French. He looks like a West Highland White Terrier and Maltese, maybe with some Bichon. So cute. I posted on my update that I wash my Havanese (Maltese and Bichon mix) with shampoo and conditioner. He needs a lot of brushing. Such loving little dogs. I don't know what I'd do with a dog that's not neutered. Good heavens. He's so cute and after he's not so stinky he'll be so cuddly. Last week my dog, Xavy, was so happy that we were out gardening that he rolled around in everything he could find, including poop. For a cuddly dog, that's a disaster!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hope002
    Friday
    PW 177.3
    CW 177.0

Steps
    5/24 - 13,036
    5/25 - 10,748
    5/26 - 10,317
    5/27 - 9,210