AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sunday Check-In!
    Good day ๐ŸŸข
    Calories: ๐ŸŸข all good, on-plan choices
    Water: ๐ŸŸข
    Exercise ๐ŸŸข
    - Jenny Ford / Freedom Fit YouTube Channel - Step Across America Program- Wyoming At-Home Cardio Workouts (Beat COVID-19)- Step Aerobics Beginner - Loved it! Super easy. Worked up a good sweat
    - Jenny Ford YouTube Channel - Step Aerobics Super Quick Workout At Home Cardio - 2 Combos - Was having fun so wanted some more stepping fun.
    - Sydney Cummings YouTube Channel - 30 Minute Total Body HIIT Workout with Dumbbells
    - Date walk with husband (35 min)

Monday Goals
    - Work on Habits to track in May and get them posted on the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker! This is a challenge -- optional - but I am going to play, for sure! Didn't get this up yesterday but will spend time on it today!
    - Cardio platform workout!
    - Weights workout of some kind โœ”๏ธ
    - Stretching - Classical Stretch or foam roller series with Sydney
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) โœ”๏ธ
    - 10K steps

Quick reminder of why BABY STEPS are so awesome! If you get 1% better each day -- just a tiny tiny bit -- you will be 37 times better a year from now! So all of us making small changes to improve our health and fitness -- THAT'S LIKE PAYING COMPOUND INTEREST! The payoff is much bigger than it looks on a day-to-day basis!

qmz4lthhv04z.jpg

SO my overall May goal is to remember this -- to focus on the little 1% changes and to celebrate them. And to let it go when I don't meet my own standards or other people's, and just keep going!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, I love the 1% reminder! It really is a game-changer and especially if it takes my mind off what I call my failures and focuses on just that 1% of success. That is something I really NEED to do more often. ;)

@leonadixon, yayyy for doing the habit tracker. I have been terrible about not doing it every day and also committed to doing it this month. It just might be a help for us both. :)

@Cornanda, awe thank you for your sweet words and might I just say that seeing your smiling profile always makes me smile as well. :grin: Congrats on the weight loss this week! That is awesome! Iโ€™m glad that you like the Tiny Habit challenge and hope that it will be the kick we all need.

@mrmcgrath, that is great that you were able to get out and visit family. We are starting to open up too and I hope it last! ;)

@Katmary71, I am so very sorry for your uncle and the family having to go through this. He is in my prayers. Please keep us updated. <3

Good evening team! :) Today was a good day. I did week 2, day one total body cardio on my Barre Blend program. It was hard and I had to pause many times, but I finished it all.

Tiny Habit, Day One: I did pretty well! I tracked my food first thing in the morning and adjusted it a bit after dinner. I even got my WW Blue Dot, which if you donโ€™t know is a big deal! :p I fasted for 18 hrs. 22 min. which was 22 minutes longer than yesterday. I did forget to walk for 30 seconds every time I went into the bathroom, so Iโ€™m going to post a few post-it reminders to help me not forget. But I am over 6000 steps that is groovy!

:star:If you havenโ€™t started the Tiny Habit challenge yet...itโ€™s NOT too late.
    :star:Click this link
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I really want to watch Dark Shadows. I think there are some eps on Youtube. This movie is okay- it has Lawrence Olivier in it and Frank Langella plays Dracula and he does a pretty good job.

@katmary71 have you heard any news about your uncle?

Hi to @deadphoenix and all the other newcomers. Iโ€™m Cleo, Canadian. Was doing well until the pandemic! Trying to get back on track.

@AustinRuadhain where do you get those green dots?

My goals for today:

-stay under calories - yesterday No. Today- I'm not sure yet :) will report tomorrow.

-do my wrist rehab work- Y.

-walk 1 km- I pushed it today and did 1km in the am and 1km in the pm. It was ok but I think that was my limit for sure.

-16 stairs again- this is the hardest thing, tendon was a bit tender. I might drop the stairs tomorrow and give it more time to rest.

-a circuit strength training workout my trainer gave me. This was a great 30 minute workout. It really helped me get out of my fun for a while.

Plus my 3 tiny habits:
    -meditate or sit peacefully for 2 to 5 mins > did this on my balcony. Was a nice break from work but it is indeed hard to do nothing!

-1 mobility move for upper and lower body. I am counting this as 2 habits lol! > I did this. For upper body I did a shoulder rotation move- it's good for if your shoulder is like Rice Krispies- snap crackle pop when you move lol. Lower body I just took a foam roller and did my calves.

Goals tomorrow same plus:

-workout session with trainer
    -if I get enough work done will try to do a 40 minute mobility session. I have a report due end of week so it depends.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hey-ho, hi to all the gang! At the coast for this week - meaning I have to deal with the dreaded scale that lies and slanders....errrr, or something like that! Ha! Anyway, I'm just gonna report whatever it says on Thursday. Have had some nibbles on my resume this week, spent last week searching out my dream job kinda things. Talking with a company tomorrow, the recruiter who is the first gauntlet before hiring manager, yaddayadda. Interesting thing happened in the job hunt realm - my neighbor came into my yard Saturday chatting on the phone, no biggie, and when he gets up the steps on the deck he says "I'm standing in front of her" and suddenly, on a gorgeous spring Saturday evening, after a hefty Bloody Mary - I am in an interview. Reminds me of the time, a thousand years ago, when a mutual friend of an ex-boyfriend saw me in Starbucks and after some chatting planted a really amazing kiss on me. Like - even if this potential job conversation goes nowhere (uh, it did not with the Kissing Bandit), it sure as heck was nice to have been noticed and deemed attractive for that moment. I still have not heard from her post sending my resume - but that's ok. Sometimes I need the super tiny wins and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

@mrmcgrath wow, exercise planning for the whole week - I find that amazing! I do the food planning and it makes sense to do that for exercise, too! Do you go the simple route of steps per day or more organized such as planning videos to watch, different body parts on different days, etc.?
    @deadpheonixrising welcome to the group!! Good for you to recognize the bob and weave you did with staying under despite a little off-track yoghurting!!!
    @trooworld you are a girl after my own heart! A world that revolves around coffee is a world worth living in!!!! =>
    @Cornanda yay YOU for a great weigh in!!! So happy for you! =>
    @leonadixon YAY for the Habit Tracker! Me too - I used to be good on this one and moved to a paper one but it fell by the wayside so I am back on this one....I cheer you on in your efforts!!!
    @AustinRuadhain I love the 1% reminder - it really is that simple! Over time, it's the small things - the Tiny Habits, the 1% level ups and all of the nearly imperceptible cheering on and cheering actions we do that add up to a win. And the win can be as simple as - doing what you said you would do. That promise you made to YOU. The end.
    @TeresaW1020 way to go, girl!!! You really do have a renewed spark and fervor and I am right there with you - we just have to keep picking and poking away at it, right??? The motto - Never Give Up!!! I absolutely love the Monday Motivation - saved for my desktop!
    @katmary71 oThanks s much for the video, I'll try it tomorrow and report back. I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle....so many really hard things for people to deal with it while we all (the world) go through this, but folks not having visitors in the hospital is really hurting my heart.....=< Thoughts and prayers for your family.
    @its_cleo snap-crackle-pop is not just for cereal anymore, is it? I'm constantly amazed that on any given day, I can have, without explanation, different body parts be achy and hurty and bitchy and moany andandand...... What the heck happened????
    @Jactop I am so doggone happy for you - words do no justice. It's one thing to land into Onderland, quite another to leave that behind and venture into even more exciting territory. Congrats, friend, WAY. TO. GO!!!!! =>
  • Wishusdonna
    Wishusdonna Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone from locked down Northampton UK! How are you all doing?

I haven't visited for a couple of months, because checking in on my phone depended on my data allowance and access to wifi, but I have a new phone plan now, so plenty of data, and it's cheaper too. I still find it easier to update stuff on my laptop, but I'm at home working right now, so that's another lack of excuse. I signed up to WW at Christmas, but as lockdown started here, I found it was difficult obtaining the right foods because you can't just pop to the shops, and then you don't want to waste good food if you've got it. I soon found it didn't make a jot of difference, anyway. I've gained on boozy zoom art group meeting weeks (ah, my creative friends, with their love of wine...) I've lost on garden makeover digathon weeks... I'm... doing fine. I'm roughly where I was just after Eric was surgically removed, and happy to burn off anything I eat with activity.

I think some kind of mindfulness is probably good, and I have another focus now... my friend who lives a street away, and owns an enormous Weimaraner, broke his ankle on Friday while walking said giant dog. How he managed to get home, I don't know! But this beast needs walks, and someone to take care of his dinosaur poos. Hubby is strong enough of arm to handle the dog, but too weak of spirit to handle the poo! Therefore we have both taken on the dog-walking doody, I mean duty! This is getting us out for our government-mandated exercise hour, and we are handing the dog over in the porch like it is some kind of airlock, enabling effective social distancing to take place.

Having broken the same bone a couple of years ago, I know it'll take my friend a couple of weeks to get used to doing things with one foot and not give himself cause to wince in shock and pain all the time, but walking anywhere will be a no no for 2 months. There are rumours the lockdown will be eased soon, but I'm hoping not to have to travel on the bus anytime soon back to the office. You know me and my luck when it comes to getting sick.

Anyway, hello everyone. Starting this May journey at 156lbs, and I have just turned away a plate of biscuits from my hubby!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Starting this May journey at 156lbs, and I have just turned away a plate of biscuits from my hubby!

Hey we are sooo very happy to have you back and doing well! Can you tell us what day of the week will be your weigh-in day so @broncobuddee can get you all set up on the spreadsheet. :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all

So fitrockr still wont update for me fyi. I'm out of ideas. Just want to let you know why ,I seem to be at minimal or no steps.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 5/4
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todayโ€™s weight: 192.5

Basic Goal
    Workout: ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Complete diary : ๐Ÿฅ™
    Hydrated: ๐Ÿ’ฆ
    Below sugar goal: ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
    In fiber range: ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
    Self care:๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ“š
    Breathing exercise : ๐ŸŒฌ
    Sleep : min 7 hours ๐Ÿ›Œ

3 habits.
    Cleaning something daily
    Write down one thing grateful for
    5 minutes every hour do some sort of movement (walking, squats, pushups. Etc)

@its_cleo I never could get the app to work right but it seems to sync if I go to the actual webpage.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,136 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 That's great that you pushed through a hard Barre Blend program, woo hoo! And congrats on getting a blue dot!

@raleighgirl09 Yes indeed! Coffee is necessary! Congrats on the interview, I hope you get the job (if you want it!).

Hello all! So I took my 1 minute of exercise goal and expanded it by 35: I went to the beach and walked on the beach for 35 minutes. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and there were people walking their dogs, surfing, walking, jogging and practicing social distancing. It was wonderful. Here is a picture.

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    After I brush my teeth, I will track my food for the day: Yes

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: walk on the beach
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Stick to meal plan, 1 minute of exercise, 52+ oz of water.

ys4w1vqrj60o.jpg
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    umxijw5p0j6v.gif

Hey, @Kelly_2013 ! Hello @deadpheonixrising ! Hello @veryhotmails !

Welcome to Slimpossibles! We are delighted you have joined us!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    is64mpl0ae0r.jpg

@trooworld - I SO love your 1 minute of exercise. :heart: And your beach picture is GORGEOUS! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

@mrmcgrath - ๐Ÿฅณ What a great check-in! I especially love your habit of writing down one thing you are grateful for!
    Also - a huge congratulations on keeping your weight steady during that trip to visit your brother!

@its_cleo - โ“ So refresh my memory - has either of us reached out to FitRockr support re. your syncing issue? If no, we can try that. They fixed things for @TeresaW1020 .

@raleighgirl09 , @cornanda , @jactop - โ“ Are you guys using your fitness trackers but not having the data go over to FitRockr? It's fine if you are not. But checking to see if we need to ask FitRockr is they can help. They fixed things for @TeresaW1020 . (They have helpful tech support, which is... surprising to me for a free app!) But if this doesn't work well for most people, we can drop it.

@wishusdonna - ๐Ÿ˜Š Super glad to see you back! And congratulations on turning away that plate of biscuits! And yay you for taking on the "doody" part of walking that immense dog! So glad to have you back and making me smile!

@raleighgirl09 - ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Wow! I am so glad to hear your resume got some nibbles. That's excellent. Being noticed and deemed attractive in the moment - a big yay to that! Both with the ancient history Kissing Bandit (what a tease!) and with the Job Interview (yay!). Good luck with that process!

@Jactop - ๐ŸŒŸ Brilliant weigh-in! Look at you rocking that Onederland weight! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ

@its_cleo - ๐ŸŸข The green circles I found on emojipedia. There are doubtless other places to find this stuff, but emojipedia is searchable and makes it east to copy and paste: https://emojipedia.org/large-green-circle/

๐Ÿ’š I like your goals for the day and hope those went well. And I LOVE that you are willing to drop goals that don't serve your body as you heal. That is SO smart! Seriously!

@TeresaW1020 - YAY for that long fast and that HUGE day for steps! ๐Ÿ’

@Cornanda - Hurray for that great weigh-in! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ†

s1c7rv9smdij.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,748 Member
    Options
    @wishusdonna if your friend is working out and is interested in seated workouts let me know, I have a good playlist started. One of the instructors had ACL surgery and has pretty tough ones.

@trooworld wow, beautiful walk! I used to live in Capitola when I went to UC Santa Cruz and was about a block from the beach, I used to stop at a little store and get coffee on the way to the beach. I'm really missing it more than normal right now!

I don't know if anyone would be interested in this but I downloaded a mindfulness app called Stop, Breathe, & Think. I've only done one so far when we were supposed to go outside last Wednesday, it was about being grateful for the people in your life. Not bad, it went by pretty fast. Also, my friend who used to take Ju Jitsu was telling me about a breathing technique, you inhale through your nose, picture it going around your brain and down to your chi, then exhale all the toxins through your mouth. I knew about breathing in your nose and out your mouth but this technique is very relaxing, I tend to count seconds with breathing because of a calming anxiety technique but found all the counting is kind of anxiety-provoking, picturing the breathing helps a lot more.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Monday Check-In!
    Good day ๐ŸŸข
    Calories: ๐ŸŸข all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: ๐ŸŸข
    Exercise ๐ŸŸข
    - Jenny Ford / Freedom Fit YouTube Channel - Step Across America Program-California At-Home Cardio Workouts-Beat COVID-19- Step Aerobics Beginner - If you have a step platform gathering dust in your house somewhere that you never learned how to use, this series is really excellent for step beginners.
    - Jenny Ford YouTube Channel - Coast to Coast Golden Gate Bridge Step (Quick Version) Aerobics Workout at Home 20 min - I am playing a game of having cardio sessions go at least 45 minutes, so I added this after tje othr step workout.
    - Sydney Cummings YouTube Channel - 10 Minute Full Body Foam Roller Routine
    - Yard work - Got sweaty and got a lot done!

Tuesday Goals
    - Cardio platform workout - 45 minutes
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Meal planning โœ”๏ธ
    - Grocery shopping

Posting this to remind myself to celebrate the little wins today!
    7i92exak9t8g.gif

And when I notice I am beating myself up mentally, I will take a breath and then exhale (love your reminder about this @Katmary71 !)
    rnodijo8djbr.gif
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Monday check-in
    Exercise: A bunch of chair cardio and yoga, Sidney Cummings 20 minute stretch, foam rolling, biceps and triceps
    Calories- under. Just increased calories and feel like a pig with all I'm eating.

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Stretching/yoga, core- done
    Recipe- making soy-maple salmon but I've made a similar version already.
    steps- 5000 (boo!)

Thank you for the support about my uncle. He was transferred and his new doctor is trying to avoid surgery at this point. I hope it works!

I really need to think about goals today, taking a break from legs and standing cardio plus no gym is throwing off my goals. I wanted to lift the whole stack on a leg machine by June and had one stinking plate left! Oh well, better than being sick. I haven't started Habit Tracker yet. Getting the produce box again this week, I complained about beets being in it (don't hate them and will eat them if in something but don't love them) and a neighbor's going to swap me for Bok Choy so I couldn't resist, it's something to look forward to right now. The farmer's market opens in a couple weeks. My legs are healing but slowly. I've been putting my legs up a lot but last night I spent a long time reading in bed and it seemed to help about 20%, I just need to keep resting until they've healed all the way and be careful about using my legs in these chair exercises.

If anyone is curious chair exercises are actually pretty good, I'm most impressed by the core workout it gives! This first instructor had ACL surgery, she was on Amazing Race (didn't see her) and has other videos as well. I wish my body looked like hers!

HASFit is my favorite for weight lifting, I'm so happy they have some chair videos! They use weights which helps raise my heart rate.
    https://youtu.be/v7wuh_BQgQg

• Katmary71
    Options
    Oh shoot, that first video should be https://youtu.be/uejXrxEkBQQ
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Hello @Katmary71

I am SO glad things with your uncle seem hopeful.

I loveloveLOVE how inventive you have gotten, putting together a workout plan with chair workouts and yoga and foam rolling. Your commitment is inspiring!

I thought I would check in super quick and say that I have learned to love beets on salad. Not sure if you have tried them that way? I either:
    - Cut them into largish chunks and roast in aluminum foil packets on a cookie sheet until tender. Once cool, all that goes into the fridge, and I pull some out and sprinkle them on salad, maybe cutting finer before I sprinkle them on.
    - I have also been fine dicing them raw and sprinkling on salad. They are drier this way, so the bits (for me) have to be smaller to keep them pleasant.
    - You just reminded me of a recipe I need to make again for my family. It comes from one of my all-time favorite cookbooks -- Crescent Dragonwagon's Passionate Vegetarian. It's a wonderful, practical book that I have gotten a huge amount of cooking mileage out of. The recipe (hope this link works) is called Shocking Pasta.

P.S. If there are any cornbread fans out there -- her book The Cornbread Gospels is also amazing!
    P.P.S. AM I outed as a foodie yet?
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain- my fitbit is supposed to be connecting to fitrockr. Every week, I have been making sure that it is up to date on syncing on Sunday for the challenge. However, I stopped double checking fitrockr to make sure that it updated because it had been working fine. Not sure what's going on. I want to stay on that step challenge! o:)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I enjoyed reading the tiny habits posted on the challenge page. I've made a list of things I want to work on- some of them are NOT tiny- working on breaking them down. I've noticed lately that one of my worst habits is a combination of procrastination and not making a decision. See, I could stress about EXACTLY which tiny habits I should pick for the entire month and then it would be over and I did NOTHING!!!!!! Not the purpose of this challenge right- Keep it simple! So, I'm saying right now that I am going to have the tiny habits posted tomorrow. Phew. That's a relief!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09, glad you liked the Monday motivation graphic. I did too and need to read it often! I hope that you find your dream job. Because, just as with kissing bandits we should not have to settle for less than what we deserve. ;)

@its_cleo, I was having a hard time with Fitrockr syncing for me too. Have you tried to remove your Fitbit and then put it back on? Are you syncing on the Fitrockr app or the computer? I have never figured out how to make it work on the app. I sync on the website and then click that little โ€œfetch dataโ€ button on my Dashboard. :)

@trooworld, ohhhh that beach pic is beautiful!! How wonderful that you were able to get out and walk on the beach and enjoy the fresh air. Good job on completing your tiny habits!! :)

@Katmary71, I use that kind of breathing technique on nights when I canโ€™t sleep. It really does relax me and if my brain doesnโ€™t flare up it actually has put me to sleep. Iโ€™m glad that your legs are starting to heal. I hope that the doctors can take care of your uncle. <3

@AustingRuadhain, love Snoopy and yayyyy for celebrating!! I LOVE cornbread!! <3

@Cornanda, good on keeping it simple and we will look forward to reading what tiny habits you have decided to work on this month. And we will enjoy watching your success and cheering you on! :)

Hi everyone! Well, today was an awesome day because I was able to go get my hair done!! My salon isnโ€™t really open yet to the public but the owner (who does my hair) and her other stylist are just doing some of their regular clients and being super careful. Sooooo no more grey and I even got a bit more than usual cut off. Itโ€™s sassy!! :grin: This morning I did Barre Blend booty and that stupid pretzel move didnโ€™t get any easier this week. :# Tiny habits have been completed today. I did track my food, which is one of my tiny habits, but I didnโ€™t get a blue dot. The chocolate at Walmart was calling my name and I caved. Iโ€™ll get that blue dot tomorrow!!
This discussion has been closed.