MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

@AustinRuadhain You found a Sydney Cummings with a resistance band that's stretch???! OMG, I'm so excited now! Wow, I've officially gone YouTube crazy, the things I look forward to these days. I didn't wait to hear from the woman I was swapping beets with and she can't pick up the box due to work, I may just be trying beets on salad if I decide to give them another chance. They were ok with lots of balsamic fig dressing on them, I may just do that, I don't hate them, just prefer so many other veggies. They're supposed to be really good for blood pressure but I refuse to pay for beet juice! My brother's only a few miles away and he loves them so I'll just cook one and see how it goes.

@Katmary71 have you tried roasting them, yet? I cut them into small pieces (diced would work really well if you're thinking of adding them to a salad or as part of something) drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Garlic powder added would be good, too. Roast until tender. I like them warm on top of quinoa that has roasted garlic mashed in or cold on top of salad....or even as a snack. But I do love me a beet, so factor that craziness in. =>
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @katymary45 The lettuce is a variety called 'Tom thumb' it's really good at hearting up and growing in small spaces.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My Fitrockr was not syncning. I think I got it set now. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Quick check in before I head off to make dinner. Tonight it's tuna salad sandwiches and my mom's macaroni salad that is leftover from yesterday. Yum!! I went to staff meeting today and now we are hoping to open the church at the end of June. We are just really hoping that the shelter in place for seniors lifts on June 12th that it's supposed to. Yesterday, my hubby (who is a senior) wanted to go out so we went to Home Depot. Who knew that Home Depot could be turned into such a fun outing. :D

Tiny Habits suffered today since I took today off from working out and am still 3000 steps away from getting my daily 6000. I also didn't fast today. But I did track all my food. So at least I can count one thing! :grin:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-In (belated, but still working on Thursday!)
    Good day ๐ŸŸข
    Calories: ๐ŸŸข all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: ๐ŸŸข
    Exercise ๐ŸŸข
    - Jenny Ford / Freedom Fit Channel: I am really enjoying this made-for-beginners series! Wed. choices: Step Across America Virginia (#3 of 50); Step Across America DC Bonus Video; March Across America Texas (#6 of 50)
    Wednesday Goals ๐ŸŸข
    - Cardio platform workout - 45 minutes โœ”๏ธ
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min โŒ (did the short stretching bits at the ends of the workouts, so not a zero, but didn't do a full series)
    - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) โœ”๏ธ
    - Meal prep (lots of veggies and fruits to wash, etc) โœ”๏ธ
    - Finalize Tiny Habits and start tracking on the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker โœ”๏ธ

Thursday Goals
    - Cardio platform workout - 45+ min
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) โœ”๏ธ
    - Meal prep (lots of veggies and fruits to wash) โœ”๏ธ
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits and log on the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday check in

Well, I've had a pretty good day! Getting a lot done on Linked In for the job search and that is starting to feel a little more solid under my feet. Food life and weight loss journey also feels good - sleep and water, on target. Exercise and steps, all good. Food planning and choices, no night eating - excellent. Also.....bi-product of not working is that I'm doing a lot of cooking and it's been fun. Hubby said he anticipates looking back on this time and being nostalgic for the great meals I'm cooking. =>

@AustinRuadhain haha, it's funny how the conversations here can get so involved! You're an inspiration for the 'home gym' we all find ourselves in!
    @TeresaW1020 Home Depot can totally be a date night!
    @gwamajtw91 unless you've been super packing in the cals, this is probably also partly water weight. Now - I get it - weight is weight. But when it's the sloshy kind, it is a bit easier and faster t get it off. We believe in you, you'll get it back off!!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    By the way - wanted to share this here:
    https://copymethat.com/

If you are not familiar, this is a great place to get all those saved and fave web recipes in one place with pics, etc. I still run them through MFP to see the cals and then I note that for the recipe. I was having trouble finding recipes I had bookmarked (waaaay too many!). Hope you find this interesting, if not down right helpful!! =>
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Exercise- Usual YouTube suspects, foam rolling
    Calories- under
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio- done
    Stretch/core- done
    Weights- done
    Recipe- have stuff for 2, think first up is large turkey meatball by skinnytaste
    10,000 steps- done
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    My Fitrockr was not syncning. I think I got it set now. :)

I have to go in daily and make it refresh my steps. Wednesday it wouldn't sync at all. I ended up having to disconnect my Fitbit and reconnecting them so it would update.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Do for yourself what you told yourself you'd do.

@raleigh_girl, I like this- it is my mantra for today!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 2- 5/8
    PW: 187.3
    CW: 187.1

I cannot believe this. There was cake in my week, and I pretty much threw in the towel because my weight was up all week. Just bounced down today. I will take this gift and use it as a springboard to clean up my act for next week. No free for all weekend either Lisa!
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    User ID: Veryhotmails

Tiny habits:
    Walk to achieve 15k steps, 5-6x a week
    Coffee with no sugar or milk
    Portion control
    More Salad and veggies
    Green smoothie 4x a week

Weigh in
    Fridays
    Pw 239.2
    CW 237.7

Tbh, I believe Rome wasn't built in a day and every little drop adds up to make a big difference. I have been able to keep to my walk, only a day I had about 13k other days been 16 to 19k my highest steps. Green smoothie-X will start in the new week. A gradual drop in my food portion and already on salad and veggies just need upting it more.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    weekly weighin

hey gang. I thought I would have at least stayed the same but not so. Not getting down about it just carrying on. There's not much I can do given my exercise is limited right now.

PW: 158.2
    CW: 158.8
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:ย  Week 1
    Weigh in day:ย Friday
    Previous Weight:ย 211.5
    Todays Weight:ย 211.2

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @its_cleo, yup no getting down for you!! Just keep on doing what you know to do. <3

@veryhotmails, good job on your weigh-in this week!! Wow, that is a lot of steps that you get in every day! Keep it up. B)

@Cornanda, I call any week where you get to eat cake and still show a loss on the scale a big win!! We both just need to work a little harder next week. We can do it!!

@raleighgirl09, oh I like that Copy Me That recipe site. I will set up an account and give it a try. I have a ton of recipes on Pinterest but that gets jumbled and not as easy to keep track of. Thanks! Yeah, Home Depot was a fun afternoon date. My sweetie even splurged and bought me a new mop! What a guy! :D

Good morning! I woke up with a pounding headache that I think is weather-related. We go from it wanting to be summer to plunging back down to cold and rainy. I'm waiting for it to pass so I can go in and do my workout. Then I need to cut hubby's hair and do some housework. I hope you all have a great day! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,015 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I need to tweak one of my tiny habits a bit. My Photoshop habit: Starting tomorrow, I am tweaking it to: "I will open up Photoshop and open up the tutorial once a day." instead of actually doing the tutorial for 5 minutes, I just can't seem to get to that point.

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    After I brush my teeth, I will track my food for the day: Yes

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: Walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube exercise video, 52+ oz of water.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 5/8
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todayโ€™s weight: 192.5

Official weigh in

So frustrated right now. My activity level has increased and my caloric intake has lessened and yet the scale is stuck. I know...keep on keeping on!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - ๐ŸŽ† Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
    I so get you on the excitement of a trip out for ANY reason! And a NEW MOP! I can so get the excitement of that. I get foolishly excited to head down the Home Depot aisle with mops, brooms and other cleaning stuff!

@its_cleo - ๐Ÿ‘ Hang in there! You only went up a smidge, so you are at least doing damage control. So yay you, for not giving up, even if what works best for you can't happen right now. Is there anything to do food-wise? Maybe experiment with different food choices or something? ๐Ÿค” It's all an experiment in what works for each of us. As determined as you are, we know you will get through this.

@Veryhotmails - WOW! What a great weigh-in! ๐ŸŽ‰ 2 pounds plus in a week is an amazing week!
    I loveloveLOVE your habits! All those small actions really add up! ๐Ÿ’šโ˜‘๏ธ
    Your step counts are amazing! ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    I believe Rome wasn't built in a day and every little drop adds up to make a big difference.
    YES to this! ๐Ÿฆ‰

@Cornanda - ๐ŸŽ‰ Hurray for that weigh-in! And hurray for taking that gift as a nudge to have a super on-track weekend!
    And I am with you on loving @raleighgirl09 's words of wisdom! And I am with you -- stealing this as a mantra for today! I have some stuff to do that I don;t feel like doing, and I know it will feel so great to get those things done. SO I am going to make that promise to myself, that I get to go to bed not worried about that anymore!
    Do for yourself what you told yourself you'd do.
    It is so helpful to notice these moments of action as a choice (nobody is making me do this) and as a gift to myself.

@bethanie0825 - Thanks for rebooting the Fitbit connection. So glad it is working now! I wish technology were more seamless, but it never seems to be.

@Katmary71 - Another great checkin! Your consistence and commitment inspire me every day! ๐Ÿ’ก

@leonadixon -- Hurray for getting the fitness tracker syncing fixed! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

@raleighgirl09 - ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฝThanks for the pointer to CopyMeThat! This looks like it could be a very useful tool!
    โค๏ธ And as far as inspiration and the conversations on here getting involved -- I definitely get inspired by checking in here and hearing what people are up to.
    ๐Ÿ”ฅ I have for sure been WAY more adventuresome because of the fun conversations here, and grabbing workout idea from others! (It may be time for some more disco cardio this weekend ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ)

@gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91
    Check in: Thursday
    PW: 164.2
    CW: 166.8

I almost didn't post this today as it was so disheartening. But then I thought to myself, do it, hold yourself accountable girl! So, after being on the 10 pound weight loss high, I managed to bloody well gain 2.5 pounds in a week! Way too lax on the food choices (too many carbs, Cinco de Mayo beer & tacos, "helping the local economy" by eating from the BBQ food truck that parked in our neighbourhood last night), plus no running as it's been pouring with rain & pretty much any other excuse you can think up. Just VERY annoyed with myself. So, deep breath, and off we go again.
    Next week's number will be better....
    I am so inspired at your checking in anyway, and your holding yourself accountable in such a funny, real way! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    Serious kudos for that!
    You are still, what, 7-8 pounds down? And I hear that you are back in action to get where you want to go!
    ๐Ÿšš
    ๐ŸŒฎ Taco trucks and BBQ trucks would be a challenge for almost anyone! I live in a town that loves food trucks, and am super grateful our neighborhood is not a part of town that they come to. Just the library's Bookmobile, and I ca handle that!
This discussion has been closed.