MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Are you ready to have a great week!!! B)

f7gu1m9cq2pp.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,067 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Your cinnamon stick tea sounds yummy! I love the Sweet and Spicy from Good Earth, it's my favorite. :)

Hello everyone! I had a good day yesterday. My sister-in-law is training to be a Kundalini yoga instructor and gave me a private class over Zoom. I hadn't done a full hour of yoga in a long time, so it left me very sore all day. By the time supper rolled around, I had to face cleaning the lunch dishes + cooking and I just didn't have the energy. My husband was too tired to do it, too, so we decided to order delivery Poke bowls. Not a bad choice if you have to order delivery.

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    I will track my food for the day: Yes

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under even
    Exercise: Walk with dog and husband, yoga
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Stick to my food plan, yoga or YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Katmary71, thanks that tea sounds good. I never would have thought to make it in the Instant Pot. I just learned that you can poach chicken in the IP. Such a great product! I have not tried the Starbucks cold brew yet but I am totally going to go get the salted honey cold brew. That sounds amazing!! Yes! It’s like those jiggling belts or the more modern vibrate machine. :grin:

@gberin, great weigh-in!! Life is totally worth living so don’t get down on yourself. <3

@raleighgirl09, have a great time with your family and enjoy the chocolate!! :)

@Wishusdonna, great weigh-in!! If listening to the PM will help then you should do that! ;)

@trooworld, wow doing an hour of yoga is awesome. I have been thinking of trying yoga. The trainer on my workout video has a whole yoga program as well. I’m really liking how flexible I’m becoming and would like to improve. :)

@leonadixon, we are very glad that you are in this group with us and you are definitely not alone. <3 What I love about this group is that we cheer loudly for those who have a great week and we support and encourage those who struggled. That is a very good tiny habit to work on. Mine is not thinking that I need an afternoon treat every afternoon.

Hey Team! Well, today was an awesome day because I met one of my dearest friends for lunch at a real restaurant! I was very impressed with all the precautions that the restaurant took, and I felt completely safe. I had the chicken salad and some much-needed conversation. :) Tomorrow is my DH’s birthday and we are going to Outback for dinner. It's great feeling like some of life is starting to resume. I also started week four of Barre Blend and can really tell that I’m getting stronger and more flexible. My knees, however, are hurting pretty bad this evening. But I’m not stopping!! I just might need to modify a little more and stop thinking that I can actually be a ballerina. :D
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 5/19
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Today’s weight: unknown (sent scale off with kids)

Yesterday
    Calories: over
    Water: over/under : under
    Macros: fat
    Exercise : GYM! Cycling

7235 steps goal 5500
    3.13 miles
    2499 burned calories
    25 active
    78 sleep score
    64 resting heart rate
    2036 calories consumed

Today is a very difficult day for me. My college son is moving back to the city into his first place and my almost graduated from high school is moving in with him for the summer ( she will be attending college there in the fall). Momma is an emotional wreck.

Gym did open and I was there as soon as I got off work. It wasn’t crowded and everyone seemed to be wiping down equipment after use (that is good).
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I love yoga and how at peace I feel when I'm done. Also how much more limber I feel afterward. Yoga would definitely help you with flexibility! :) That's great that you were able to go to a restaurant and eat safely and have a conversation. They are starting to talk about opening up restaurants around here, but they aren't ready yet. Just what it would take to get to that point. I think it will be soon! <3 That's great that you are getting stronger and more flexible, congrats!

Well, my husband stayed home from work yesterday and whenever that happens, I don't get much done. For some reason, that included tracking so I need to go back and track what I ate. Today, I am getting back to pre-tracking everything. That works best for me.

Tiny habits checkin:
    I will track my food for the day: No

Monday
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Pre-track food, yoga or YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath I feel for you. My two are roughly same age as yours and both will be gone this fall if this stupid virus cooperates. It's going to be an adjustment for sure.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 just popped in to say hey, I am so sorry you've been struggling with all those physical issues.

I wish you could see your doctor again sooner than a few weeks.

I hope it has eased up. Even if not, hopefully this is just a setback and not permanent and you will get back to where you were.

Take gentle care
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 5/20
    Weigh in : week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Today’s weight: unknown (sent scale off with kids)

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under : right at
    Macros:
    Exercise :

8329 steps goal 5500
    3.63 miles
    2481 burned calories
    21 active
    78 sleep score
    64 resting heart rate
    1566 calories consumed

Basic Goal
    Workout: moving boxes
    Complete diary : 🥙
    Hydrated: 💦
    Below sugar goal: 🍡
    In fiber range: 👎🏼
    Self care:
    Breathing exercise :
    Sleep : min 7 hours 👎🏼
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning team!! Yesterday was my DH’s birthday and we spent the day together having a great time. We went to our favorite jewelry store and designed a ring for me that will use the opals from a ring his mother had left me when she died. Her ring was yellow gold and way too small for my finger. The new ring will be my style but keep the sentimental meaning of the stones. I can't wait to get it! Hubby and I also went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and dessert at Bruster’s Ice Cream. It was a great day and worth the weight gain I have this morning. I am back on plan and will go in a few minutes to complete my workout. :)

@mrmcgrath, I'm glad your gym opened so you could not only workout your body but maybe some emotions from having your kids move away. Hang in there! <3

• trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 What a wonderful birthday celebration! And the ring will be so very special. <3 How long until you get it?

Tiny habits checkin:

Tuesday
    Water: over/under over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Yoga or YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Wow! That sounds like an awesome day! Post a pic when you get the ring. So exciting!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 235.6
    Current - 235.2
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @trooworld, the lady said two to three weeks before the ring is ready. @Cornanda, I will totally post a pic! :D

OK, talking about my new ring, I need to come clean and admit that I have been a nail biter for most of my life. I have gone for periods of time when I have done well but then something happens and I start picking at them until there is nothing left. Getting this new ring has made me determined to leave them alone and let them grow. So, my new tiny habit is to carry an Emory board everywhere with me and the moment I feel something that I might want to pick at I will file it. I did that last year and it really worked. As well as keeping a couple of coats of growth polish. Anyway, that is just me sharing with you. :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I used to bite my nails, what stopped me was watching someone else one day, chewing on their nails, hand half in their mouth. It was not attractive lol. It helped me stop though.

I think a ring is great motivation!

(Also though truly, it is not the worst habit.)

@leonadixon you're not alone at all. I'm struggling with the same thing. I feel like it's a victory to not give up, and even if we're not doing perfect we still try.

Take care all.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Check-In
    3rd try; I have been having technical issues today.
    Tuesday: 🟢
    Today: ⚪ going okay so far; still have things to do; phew!
    Exercise: date walk with husband, and then platform stepping while watching a favorite cooking program
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Tuesday Goals 🟡
    - Walk or step aerobics 45+ min ✔️
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ❌
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ✔️

WEDNESDAY Goals
    - Walk or platform stepping - 45+ min ⚪
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️⚪⚪
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ✔️
    - Trey a new recipe. In case anyone needs inspiration, I made a vegetarian family dinner that was a Huge Hit: Cheesy Spicy Black Bean Bake

@its_cleo - You speak words of wisdom here -- inspiring! Thank you!
    @leonadixon you're not alone at all. I'm struggling with the same thing. I feel like it's a victory to not give up, and even if we're not doing perfect we still try.

@TeresaW1020 - The ring sounds like it is going to be lovely!
    I was so tickled at hearing about what a great anniversary you had with your DH. Yay for you, completely enjoying that, and yay for you, being so happy to go work out. I hope you had fun with that, too! ❤️

@bethanie0825 - Woohoo! Your number went down. Congratulations! Another step in the direction you want to go! 🥳

@trooworld - Yay for walking and water on Tuesday! 🚶‍♀️🌊 I hope that today's goals are going well. 👍🏽

@mrmcgrath - Hang in there. Sending kids off is such a huge life change. Be extra kind to yourself. Sending virtual hugs. 👐👐👐

@katmary71 - I am thinking of you today, and hoping this is being a better day. ❤️
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    10cfsfhdfork.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

I so apologize for posting this late! Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday. So usually the weekly report is late Tuesday or on Wednesday.

Our high steppers for last week:
    1 - @bethanie0825 with 107,142 steps
    2 - @Katmary71 with 103,460 steps (yes, we know some of this is chair workout movement; counting it anyway because it is amazing!)
    3 - @raleighgirl09 with 97,077 steps
    4 - @Cornanda with 92,308 steps
    5 - @gwamajtw91 with 78,305 steps

Together we logged an astounding 833,810 steps last week! This is a new high!. That's about 394 miles logged doing walks, runs, walking and marching videos on YouTube (Jenny Ford! Leslie Sansone! Joanna Soh!), socially distant walks outside, walks around the house, and more! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Didn't join at the start of the week/month, but think a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? (It's doing that for me!) Go ahead and jump in now!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

SYNCING STEP DATA You need to sync your tracker with its native app first (e.g. Misfit, Fitbit, Google Fit). Fitrockr SHOULD then automatically fetch your data from the tracker's app after a few minutes. If that's not working, we should reach out to them, as their support has been helpful in the past.

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Check-In

Wednesday: 🟢 though it felt like an odd brain foggy day 🤷🏽‍♀️

Exercise: platform stepping while watching various fun things
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Tuesday Goals 🟡
    - Walk or step aerobics 45+ min ✔️
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ❌
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ✔️

THURSDAY Goals
    - Walk or platform stepping - 45+ min ⚪
    - Bonus workout of some kind, yoga or weights ⚪
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️⚪⚪
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪
    - Meal planning (Boulangerie Beans and Potatoes may be on my list; this is a great one if you are looking for a tasty new way to eat some beans!)
    - Grocery shopping and food prep ⚪

Something to remind myself of today... might speak to you, too...
    z2mowdkftgcd.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Awesome, and I can't wait to see the pic!!! Nail-biting is definitely not the worst habit, but good luck on quitting!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! Just waking up here on the west coast, but I have big plans for today. We'll see if they come to fruition! ;) I've got a lot to do today.

Tiny habits checkin:

Wednesday
    Water: over/under even
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Yoga or YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (4/129): 202.6
    Check in weight (5/6): 202.6
    Check in weight (5/13):202.4
    Check in weight (5/20):206.4
    Check in weight (5/27):

I just can't. Maybe I need a break.
This discussion has been closed.