MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Hey all peeps! Hope everyone is having a lovely start of the week! Yesterday was a bit lax as I didn't visit the Habit Tracker or check in - but other things were good! Tonight I am checking in to say that all is well - I had good planning and sticking to planned food, water and sleep good, lots of steps....and it was our 11th anniversary! Have a great night, more tomorrow!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,695 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo that's really nice of you to say, thank you! Great job getting in a workout! Man, meet me at Dairy Queen around the corner, I'm ready to drown my sorrows in a Reese's Blizzard and would love the company! We could go for a bike ride afterward if I could keep up with you! I'm trying to stay grateful for what I can do right now but am tired of these stupid muscles making my nerve pain worse than normal, I've been trying to stay upbeat and positive but I did less with my legs today overall, just didn't have time to put them up for a few hours and I'm paying for it. I'm seriously thinking of staying in bed for a few days to see if it helps but that would be really depressing. I hope you wake up and your wrist is feeling better tomorrow (and let's you sleep!).

Can't wait for you to get your bike!

Monday check-in
    Calories- under I think! Got 14,000 steps waving my arms around like a maniac, part of the time with weights, doing arm cardio. If I'm ahead of you on Fitrckr it's not fair, I'm sorry.
    Exercise- Pahla B chair arm cardio videos, HIIT chair video with weights, some other woman's arm chair video, arm weights, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- upper body done
    Stretch/yoga and core- done
    Recipe- nothing new today, had the rest of the meatball. Dad's coming by to help me out with the drip system but it just started raining, not sure if it's on or not but he's been wanting me to make pasta primavera ever since I made it for him a few years ago so I'm making it tomorrow night. All I remember is throwing a bunch of vegetables, herbs from the garden, olive oil, parmesan, garlic and onion together with pasta so throwing stuff together is easy, I just usually overdo both veggies and herbs.
    10,000 steps- done

Tiny habits
    Squatting when feeding feral cats- done
    Clicking on career coach email= done
    Breathing after foam rolling- done

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in. I'm going to work on checking in more often. I'm always lurking and reading, just not typing unless it's my weigh day.

I've been doing good drinking more water and I can tell my body is happy. Along with picking up jogging again, the scale is up a bit but I know it's water weight. I'm also coming off of my TOM so hopefully when I wake up and weigh, it won't be too terrible lol. At one point this weekend I was up 6 lbs (!!!) but I know it's water bc I def didn't eat that many calories in 2 days :D:D

I didn't work out over the weekend at all; my weekends off are where I slide usually and this one was no different. But I was back at it this morning first thing and then walked here at work all evening. It's almost time for me to stand back up and start marching in place again. I have Fitbit challenges to compete in and that def keeps me moving. And we have our step challenge going for the Slimpossibles and I gotta keep moving for that too!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry about your daughter. I'm glad you made it through Mother's Day OK. The others who said it was a hard day for them @trooworld ? and @its_cleo ? .... you are in my thoughts as well.
  • Kelly_2013
    Kelly_2013 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you so much :) Also do you know when my weigh in day is? I believe it was Friday but could not remember for sure. Thank you!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Kelly_2013, yes your weigh-in day is Friday. You are free to change that if you ever want to. Just be sure to let us know. :)

@Cornanda, thanks sweet girl. I appreciate your kindness so much! <3

@bethanie0825, we will all be happy to have you posting more! I like how my Fitbit will vibrate on my arm and remind me to get up and get my steps in. Of course, it would be better if I actually would do it. Then I might win one of our Fitbit challenges! :grin:

Good morning! So I skipped working out yesterday and instead did my grocery shopping and then came home and deep cleaned my home office and swept and mopped all my floors. I even have a blister on my thumb and got over 11,000 steps so I'm counting that as a workout. ;) Today, my dog goes to the groomer and I'm so happy. She is a hot mess. DH got our new grill and we had our first hamburgers on it last night. We even had a bottle of dark beer. Such indulgence. Weight is up a little from the weekend so I really need to buckle down the rest of the week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,051 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 No need, I did it yesterday! :) I did the whole stinking fridge yesterday, I'm so happy! It made cooking dinner so much easier. I can't tell you how frustrating it was when I was cooking dinner to have to look for things in the fridge because it was so packed and so disorganized. BUT...your suggestion does give me an idea for my latest project: I'm going to make a tiny habit around cleaning out my spare room! That is a challenge that definitely needs taken on. So, thanks for the idea!

@its_cleo Thank you. I feel bad because everyone is so happy celebrating with their families and here I am, Debbie Downer. I am just not going on social media next year. Congrats on being on track with your cals! And two walks, that's great. I'm glad you got a bike, yay!

@raleighgirl09 Happy Anniversary!!!

@Cornanda Thank you.

Hello everyone! Yesterday, I had a lot of energy apparently. Not only did I come home from dropping off my husband at work and do a Leslie Sansone video, I cleaned out our fridge and then in the afternoon, I worked for an hour in our black hole of a spare room. It really relieved my anxiety around the room itself. It also gave me access to my sewing machine and a couple of other things. I plan on working some more today. I'm going to make a tiny habit around it to add to my tiny habits: "After lunch, I will work in the spare room for 5 minutes and then take a 30-minute nap."

I made a recipe that didn't come out so successfully last night. It was a twice-baked sweet potato and it was way too sweet for a dinner recipe and just didn't have any texture. Blah. I hope tonight's recipe is better.

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    I will track my food for the day: Yes
    I will work in the spare room for 5 minutes: ---

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone YouTube video + worked on spare room
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Work on spare room, YouTube video, 52+ oz of water.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I think that much cleaning in one day IS a work out! Enjoy your new grill. There's lots of yummy stuff you can make on it. Here is a WW marinade- soy sauce- enough to decently cover the meat, a couple of generous squirts of honey, a 2 heaping tsp of chopped garlic from a jar. This is good on chicken and pork and keeps the meet very juicy. We like to do chicken breast and then slice up a pineapple and grill the slices- so good with the chicken. (disclaimer- lately I have cut back on my sodium, and now I find this a bit too salty. However if you are eating normal American sodium levels, it should be OK for you.)

@trooworld So glad your fridge is clean! I'm jealous of your spare room cleaning. I've been meaning to start on my garage, but so far have only looked in one box and gave up. :#

I got back on the habit tracker sheet this month and let me tell you it's humbling. I say to myself "I'm being such a good girl, why am I not losing?" This sheet only tracks 5 habits and I'm not keeping up. There are certainly many more than 5 habits needed to lose weight. I'm not beating myself up though, I'm going to learn from this....... :)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 198
    Todays Weight: 198
  • gberin
    gberin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 try a grill pan and throwing some shrimp in there!

@Kelly_2013, I second what @TeresaW1020 said. We are here for you and you are doing great!

@its_cleo Can’t wait to hear about your bike adventures! Hope your wrist feels better soon.

@raleighgirl09 Great job with food!

@Katmary71 hope your nerves feel better soon. Maybe some rest and ice is called for.

@bethanie0825 I’ll be looking for your check-ins! I didn’t know Slimpossibles had a step challenge, I’ll check that out too.

Check in: I just got my dad to get interested in MFP community maybe he’ll join us next month @berinstein1667. I’m getting a dog TOMORROW!! Over the moon about that!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Check-In
    MONDAY 🙂🟢
    Exercise fun: Leslie Sansone 10 Minute Cardio Blast walk; Leslie Sansone channel 10 Minute Walk Blasting Workout (with Nick & Rocky) ; Jenny Ford March Across America Program-Arizona ; Sydney Cummings Foam Roller Stretching; plus a bit of martial arts
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals 🟢
    - Cardio platform workout ✔️
    - 10K steps ✔️
    - Yoga or stretching - 10+ min ✔️
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ✔️
    - Meal prep (lots of veggies and fruits to wash) ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

TUESDAY Goals
    - Cardio platform workout - 45+ min ⚪
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min ⚪
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ⚪
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️⚪⚪⚪
    - Declutter one kitchen cabinet ✔️
    - Declutter one shelf in office ⚪
    - Scouts project - start work on each of 6 items (open the email from my task list links) and CELEBRATE each time I open an email⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @gberin - Woohoo to having your dad join us! 🎉🎉🎉

@berinstein1667 -- you are most welcome to be part of this conversation now, if you are interested! No pressure, but know that you are welcome! 😊
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 I think that much cleaning in one day IS a work out! Enjoy your new grill. There's lots of yummy stuff you can make on it. Here is a WW marinade- soy sauce- enough to decently cover the meat, a couple of generous squirts of honey, a 2 heaping tsp of chopped garlic from a jar. This is good on chicken and pork and keeps the meet very juicy. We like to do chicken breast and then slice up a pineapple and grill the slices- so good with the chicken. (disclaimer- lately I have cut back on my sodium, and now I find this a bit too salty. However if you are eating normal American sodium levels, it should be OK for you.)

@trooworld So glad your fridge is clean! I'm jealous of your spare room cleaning. I've been meaning to start on my garage, but so far have only looked in one box and gave up. :#
    I got back on the habit tracker sheet this month and let me tell you it's humbling. I say to myself "I'm being such a good girl, why am I not losing?" This sheet only tracks 5 habits and I'm not keeping up. There are certainly many more than 5 habits needed to lose weight. I'm not beating myself up though, I'm going to learn from this....... :)
    @Cornanda - I think you are 💡 so brilliant to just notice that thought -- "I'm being such a good girl, why am I not losing?" I know it's a thought I have had many, many times. It's so very great to notice that "idea of good" does not necessarily lead to the desired results. Darn it! The power of actually tracking, hainvg that reality check, is just so amazing.

🤔 One thing I would add -- tracking food and tracking habits and then going back to look over the data (what's working? what's not working?) -- that has been the keys to the kingdom for me. For me, at some point in the process of tracking, I made my peace with the fact that I did not know for sure what would work for me and my body, and that it might not be what works for some other people. (For example, if I ate the foods my husband and son eat, I would go back to feeling bad and gaining weight. "No fair!") Tracking data and analyzing and then making small changes -- acting like it was all an experiment -- has had me figure out things that work for me (my body, personality, genetics, biome, etc.).

🎉TL;DR Go, Cornanda, go! I have no idea what your exact recipe for success will be, but I do think that with the persistence and attention you are bringing to this, you will get there!

Another thought (I am full of those today! what's up with that?), habits add up. 💹 Once something gets to where you feel like it's really solid, you can add on. So even if you aren't seeing the payoff on the scale right now, you may be laying great foundations! When I started all of this and had 100+ pounds to lose, I worked at changing behaviors and making healthier choices for a couple of months before the scale number started changing. 👍 Anyway -- keep on doing!👍

@trooworld - 😮 Good heavens! What an amazing day! What a lot of energy you had! I am envious of all that cleaning!
    Sorry about the bad sweet potato recipe! I love sweet potatoes, and find it is almost always a mistake to sweeten them at all. The only time I add sweetness to sweet potatoes is when making sweet potato souffle at Thanksgiving, and that's a dessert that I make for other people to eat! (Not my thing, but beloved by some family members!)

👐 As to Mother's Day -- hugs. I am sorry it is a tough day for you, and glad you got through it.

@Jactop - Woohoo! ⭐ Another week in Onderland! Great job maintaining! A week of weight at level when you work in a chocolate shop is IMPRESSIVE! 👍

@TeresaW1020 - All of that cleaning definitely counted as a workout! Hurray for staying in motion!
    The new grill sounds exciting! I can get that burgers and beer may not work as a regular way to enjoy your grill, but there are a bunch of less indulgent things you can do with a grill! (We don't have a grill, but I love to look at recipes of all kinds!)
    👐 Also -- big hugs to you for getting through Mother's Day.

💡I loved your post about time being nonrefundable -- so inspiring. Thank you, Captain, our Captain! ❤️

@Bethanie0825 - Yay to having you chat more! And nothing's wrong, but it's always nice to hear from you!

And thanks for the reminder about the Step Challenge. I need to post the final info for last week. Coming soon! (It was on my calendar for today!)

@KatMary71 - You know what? If you can hit those amazing step numbers by doing chair workouts, I myself am all for it!
    And I think your Tiny Habit of squatting while feeding the feral cats is awesome several different ways! ❤️ I am now imaging you with a crowd of happy but scaredy cats, waiting for food! 😺

Your note about DQ Blizzards made me smile. That used to be a cheat thing for me, as I could sneak one in and not have to tell anyone.

I know I have said this before, but I find your check-in posts so inspiring. Thank you! ❤️

☕ Your description of your tea made me want some. I just stopped to go brew a cup of Egyptian Licorice tea, my current fave. I was just yesterday browsing on the Celestial Seasonings website, to see if I could order a nice big variety pack with some of the flavors I cannot find. No, not yet. *sigh*

@raleighgirl09 - Happy 11th Anniversary! Woohoo! That's great! We are always glad to hear from you, AND we completely understand that spending time with your husband on your anniversary might just possibly (hopefully!) be a higher priority!

@its_cleo - Yay to the new bike being on the way! And to your apartment having a place you can store it! And to a picture of your shiny new toy when it arrives!
    👐 Hugs as to the wrist arthritis.

@wishusdonna - 🎉 Yay! Nice to see your check-in! Sorry that technology has been uncooperative.

@Kelly2013 - This group is like that old TV show Cheers -- we are here and happy to see you whern you join us. We are about support, not judgement. So, please NO worries about the vent. Pull up a seat when you have time, catch up and feel free to vent more as needed. Hang in there, keep working the problem, and you can reach those goals! 😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    w6ed4j5p01ge.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Tuesday is the day when we finalize our Step Challenge for the previous week. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

Our high steppers for last week:
    1 - @Cornanda with 92,103 steps
    2 - @raleighgirl09 with 85,929 steps
    3 - @gwamajtw91 with 78,683 steps
    4 - @Jactop with 73,200 steps
    Together we logged 635,348 steps last week. That's about 300 miles logged doing walks, runs, walking and marching videos on YouTube (Jenny Ford! Leslie Sansone!), socially distant walks outside, walks around the house, and more! Go, SlimSteppers, go!🤩

CHECK IN ON LEAGUE STANDINGS at any time here: https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5eba81b1272b550001ef4f79

JOIN THE STEP CHALLENGE AT ANY TIME! Didn't join at the start of the week/month, but think a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion? (It's doing that for me!) Go ahead and jump in now!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up. People occasionally hit a road bump getting syncing to go smoothly, but so far everyone seems to have worked it out (FitRockr is free and has a surprisingly helpful support team).

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary @raleighgirl_09!

@katmary71- ice cream and a bike ride! That sounds super fun, I wish we could do that. I’m sure you could keep up with me. I haven’t been on a bike in ten years, so I will be slow to start.

Thanks @cornanda.

@TeresaW1020 I’ve been thinking getting a grill or something too. I love burgers.

@gberin that is great about your dad joining! My dad is overweight, but he’s not very good with computers. He can do email, I think that’s about it lol. My step-mother is much better at it. Congrats on the dog!

My wrist is doing better. I was doing some things that I know hurt so I just had to cool it. It is still sore today but not as bad. I was only diagnosed in Feb so it’s still kind of new. I feel like I have to tell people- I’m only 43! Arthritis feels like such an old thing to have. Ironically it’s osteoarthritis and I probably got it from too many planks and stuff in the gym over time.

Checkin

-Cals on track today- YAY
    -Exercise- did a walk and 50 mins of strength training. Just a mix of stuff, I felt good after. I don’t see trainer until Friday.

Tiny Habits- I may have to rethink this. But I did 2/3, both mobility moves. My neck and shoulders have been very tight so I did my usual shoulder rotation type work and also got a lacrosse ball and did along the upper back of my shoulders. This is same concept as foam roller, but lacrosse ball is better for some spots.

We still have frost warnings here, the weather’s been a bit crazy but I’m hoping it will get nicer.

Tomorrow I will try to fit in some core, depends on how the work day goes.

Take care all and hi to everyone checking in!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Check-In
    MONDAY 🙂🟢
    Exercise fun: Leslie Sansone 10 Minute Cardio Blast walk; Leslie Sansone channel 10 Minute Walk Blasting Workout (with Nick & Rocky) ; Jenny Ford March Across America Program-Arizona ; Sydney Cummings Foam Roller Stretching; plus a bit of martial arts
    Exercise 🟢
    Monday Goals 🟢
    - Cardio platform workout ✔️
    - 10K steps ✔️
    - Meal prep (lots of veggies and fruits to wash) ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

TUESDAY Goals
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min ⚪
    - Scouts project - start work on each of 6 items (open the email from my task list links) and CELEBRATE each time I open an email⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't know you had a foam roller, awesome! I learned a lot from Sidney Cummings foam roll video, I like her different videos but her stretches and foam rolling are my favs. Do a Rocky video for me, she's my fav out of the gang! Her Island Dance one is different.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld way to go on the fridge and workout! Sounds like we both had bad luck with recipes yesterday, how did today go?

@its_cleo so glad your wrist is doing better!

Tues check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- seated arm cardio and seated boxing, abs, yoga, gardening, foam rolling

Habits
    30 minutes cardio- done
    Weights- arms done
    Yoga/stretching and core- done
    Recipe- only new thing was egg salad but I stayed from recipe.
    10,000 steps- done

Tiny habits
    1. Squatting when feeding feral cats- done
    2. Career coach emails- done
    3. Deep breathing after foam rolling- done

I'm looking into a low FODMAP elimination diet more seriously since cutting foods out separately isn't helping my bloating and I've been bloated since I changed my diet. My insurance is awful or I'd do it medically. It's pretty depressing, the only low FODMAP thing i seem to eat is lean meat and that's a small amount of my diet. It's going to take some planning and I have food to get through first like Costco garlic, fruit, and vegetables but I'm tired of looking 6 months pregnant.

On a good note I didn't flare my legs up today so pain-wise I'm doing better. I finished my workout, did some stuff in the yard like harvesting and dehydrating lavender flowers and rosemary, then came in and have been resting my legs. Tomorrow I'm going to try and squeeze my workout in before my dentist appointment in the city.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,051 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Me too, it was anxiety-provoking to open the fridge and have containers fly out! lol re: the spare room...that's been bugging me since we bought the place last May. We moved in and just sort of shoved everything extra into that room and closed the door and said, "Don't look in there"! lol My original goal was to make it a combo yoga studio/meditation room and while I don't think it will ever have the room to be that, I do think it can be a place that can be less chaotic. Maybe you could make a tiny habit around your garage? :)

@AustinRuadhain I don't often have that kind of energy, so I will take advantage of it while I have it! lol Oh the thing about the sweet potato recipe is that it didn't add sweetness: it had curry powder and some other spices, sauteed onions and red peppers, and about 3 Tbsp of coconut milk (that's the only sweetness). I think baking them in the oven intensified their sweetness. Plus, it was all the same texture besides some cashews for crunch. I like cut up roasted sweet potatoes much better!

@Katmary71 Well, last night was kind of another dud: I made these Grilled Pear and Halloumi Skewers with Chili Sauce which sound amazing, right? The problem was that the halloumi kept crumbling off the skewers. :( It TASTED good but was a hassle. I wouldn't make it again as written. But I would totally grill halloumi again, just not on skewers. How did yours go?

Hello all! It's day 3 of adventures of the Black Hole and I think I'll continue today. I'm making progress. Somewhere in there are 2 hammers and a mallet I need to find. lol I don't want to re-buy another item (we've rebought so many things because we haven't been able to find them in the room).

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    I will track my food for the day: Yes
    I will work in the spare room for 5 minutes: Yes

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: worked on spare room
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Work on spare room, 52+ oz of water.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Check-In
    TUESDAY 🟢/🟡
    Exercise fun:
    - Jenny Ford Step Video - 48 Minute Sweaty Cardio
    - Jenny Ford Walk/March Video - Chicago Marching Quick Walk at Home
    - AskDrJo Shoulder Stretches
    Exercise 🟢
    Tuesday Goals 🟡
    - Cardio platform workout - 45+ min ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits (tracking in May Habit Tracker) ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    - Declutter one shelf in office ❌
    - Scouts project - start work on each of 6 items (open the email from my task list links) and CELEBRATE each time I open an email❌❌❌❌❌❌ Okay, I made this waaaaay too big, and then got stopped.

WEDNESDAY Goals
    - Yoga or stretching - 10+ min ⚪
    - Declutter one kitchen cabinet ⚪
    - Scouts project - Open ONE email from my task list links, and then CELEBRATE ⚪
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (4/129): 202.6
    Check in weight (5/6): 202.6
    Check in weight (5/13):202.4
    Check in weight (5/20):
    Check in weight (5/27):

I am freaking out over this weight gain. I KNOW it's all me, in my control, yet I feel out of control! Out of myself. I want everything and just go ahead with what I feel like. It is discouraging. Yes, I know...plan and follow through. But I am not finding IT. That desire to keep trying. I am trying...I think about it all day every day, and still make poor choices. Help?!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hey @leonadixon -
    Deep breath! If I am following -- you are up a little over 3 pounds since start of April (you had a couple of up weeks), and actually DOWN a bit over the last week. So maybe start by patting yourself on the back for having called a halt to the gain an actually having lost a little this week! Seriously! Celebrate that 0.2 drop!!

Perspective: I get the worry about being up some since start of April. For me, up 3 pounds and change over a month actually would reflect work. Totally out of control, I could gain waaaaay more than 3 pounds in a month. You, too, maybe? So maybe celebrate that you haven't taken an anything-goes approach! You say you feel out of control, but the data suggests you are actuallyu exercising considerable control.

As far as the desire to keep trying -- I so get that. I have several projects where I have been stopped, and what I am doing is as follows (maybe some of this will be helpful?):
    - Make a SUPER TEENY TINY goal for the day. So small that it looks like not even a drop in the bucket, but super easy to do.
    - Immediately CELEBRATE. Not a reward, but a celebration in the moment. (Someting that makes me feel shiny inside right now. Think: what would you do if you just found out you won the lottery?)
    - Declare VICTORY for the day if I get that Tiny Thing done!

So for my Scouts project (which I have been thinking about and suffering about but not in action on), my goal for today is to OPEN one of the stack of emails that reflects a To Do. As soon as I do that, I am going to CELEBRATE (one of my super silly celebrations - jump up and down and say "WooHoo!") and then I am DECLARING VICTORY FOR THE DAY. (I will make a note about how this went on my check-in for today!)

Another example of this, is that back when I started on my weight loss journey, I put off eating sweets until the afternoon. Not eating a Reese's or a sweet roll mid-morning made the day a victory. Later in the day - totally an option. But skipping that mid-morning walk to the bodega (where I would buy a cinnamon roll or a Reese's) made the day a victory.

One more thing to check on -- are you logging your food? If you are, maybe start reviewing data and looking at how you feel and what results you get, to see if you can see anything in the realm of food that you want to adjust?

Oooh, another question -- are there any adjustments you can make to your food environment to make it easier to make the choices you want, day to day? Like trigger-y snacks you want to leave at the store or something?

Other Slimpossiblers -- what are your ideas for Leona?
This discussion has been closed.