MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,581 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Hi all. I need to tweak one of my tiny habits a bit. My Photoshop habit: Starting tomorrow, I am tweaking it to: "I will open up Photoshop and open up the tutorial once a day." instead of actually doing the tutorial for 5 minutes, I just can't seem to get to that point.

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: Yes
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    After I brush my teeth, I will track my food for the day: Yes

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: Walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: YouTube exercise video, 52+ oz of water.

@trooworld - Brilliant edit to your Tiny Habit! ❤️Love it! ❤️ That's such a smart change! You made it Tinier!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited May 2020
    Options
    On a related note, for anyone interested in the Tiny Habits conversation...

💡 Here is a great article from BJ Fogg about the power of celebrating as a way to get new habits to stick. https://ideas.ted.com/how-you-can-use-the-power-of-celebration-to-make-new-habits-stick/
    In my research, [BJ Fogg says,] I’ve found that adults have many ways to tell themselves “I did a bad job” and very few ways of saying “I did a good job.” Like Linda, we rarely recognize our successes and feel good about our accomplishments. We focus only on our shortcomings as we scamper through our days and trudge through our years.

I want to show you how to gain a superpower — the ability to feel good at any given moment — and use this superpower to transform your habits and, ultimately, your life.
    I get excited about the power of celebration partly because I was one of the people whose initial reaction was "Nyah, why bother. I don't need to do that" when I got the recommendation to celebrate the tiny wins right then. And then I tried it anyway, and found it super-helpful.

In this article, he talk a lot about "Shoulds." I can so beat myself up with those, and I can see it stops me from getting things done!

So I am reminding myself to both hold myself accountable (as @raleighgirl09 said, Do for myself what I told myself I would do!) AND celebrate my wins (Tiny Habits & tasks) today!

r7jbbcw76c3m.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Thursday Check-In
    Good day for health & fitness 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢
    Exercise 🟢
    - Big yard work session (107 min; I have some sore spots today!)
    - Date walk with husband (so nice!)
    - Stretching session - Did a session with Sydney Cummings and a resistance band - YAY! I am doing more stretching, and starting to feel a difference. It's important for me, as I tend to get plantar fasciitis.
    Thursday Goals 🟢
    - Cardio platform workout ❌ but switched to date walk when husband expressed interest in walking together; got in the burn and hit over 10K steps for the day, so am overall happy ✔️
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min ✔️
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) ✔️
    - Meal prep (lots of veggies and fruits to wash) ✔️
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits and log on the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Friday Goals
    - Cardio platform workout - 45+ min
    - Yoga or stretching - 15+ min
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Work my 5 Tiny Habits and log on the Fat2Fit Habit Tracker ✔️✔️✔️
    - Office declutter - 10 min
    - Scouts project - start work on each of 6 items (open the email from my task list links) and CELEBRATE each time I open an email.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020--- yes! We are going to make next week a good one! New mops are excellent. Yesterday, I went to pick up groceries at a different store. I realized it was the furthest I have been from my house in weeks. It was sort of refreshing! Hubby and I decided we are going to drive somewhere and take a walk once a week for a change of scene. I hope your headache went away.
    @AustinRuadhain--- once again you are a superb encourager- love the above post!
    @raleigh_girl-- Your job stuff sounds like it is working itself out- Yay you! I started using the recipe clip site this morning and I'm already addicted.

Everyone hang in there on their small gains or losses. Nothing looks awful and the process is frustrating, but we are going to keep moving forward no matter what!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 263
    Todays Weight: 262
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Exercise- you tube videos, broke it into segments and had to stop chair cardio due to calves.
    Water-over, too much diet soda again
    Calories- under I think, Fitbit is confusing per usual. Had trouble with blood sugar staying up yesterday and eventually gave up trying to eat healthier choices as I wasn't at home and had French bread and cookies. I'm almost always off the next day and it's been that way today, plus some emotional stuff going on. Stayed under calories because I ate two bowls of vegetables dipped in half a container of salsa, my fiber must be through the roof!

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/stretching and core- done
    Weights- done
    Recipe- planning on making giant meatballs tomorrow night
    10,000 steps- done

As far as tiny habits the only one I did today was the breathing, I've had a shaky day and honestly can't remember the other two I chose right now.
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deadpheonixrising
    Week 1
    Saturday
    139kg
    137.5kg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN CHECK IN

Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in : Week 6
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Weight: 235.6 lbs
    Today’s weight: 235.2 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! I will get the hang of it and get on board! ;) WTG on that yard work session! Woo hoo!

Tiny habits checkin:
    1 minute of exercise: No
    Focus for 5 minutes on Photoshop tutorials: No
    After I brush my teeth, I will track my food for the day: Yes

Friday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: Keep to menu plan, 52+ oz of water.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday morning check in

Doh. Did not check in yesterday evening! Habit Tracker up to date but I'm not happy that I couldn't mark them all completed. Onward and upward.

One thing to note (thinking of @trooworld with the Photoshop) is that I was happy that although I ate last night off plan, it was better than previous nights and it has been a few nights since I did. 4 spoons of peanut butter - not great but better than adding jelly and potentially chips or something else on top of it all. And only 4. I just need to keep chipping away at this bad habit - a tiny bit at a time if that's all I can manage.

@AustinRuadhain and @Cornanda so glad you guys also like Copy Me That! It's a cool site! @TeresaW1020 I hope you find it useful for organizing the jumbled up Pinterest recipes!
    @TeresaW1020 awesome weigh in!! *AND* a new mop?? It's like Christmas! :D
    @its_cleo I know the limited exercise is frustrating you - it's your outlet and sanity saver! I'm thinking a half pound is also a bit of a normal fluctuation and may not be a permanent resident. Are you able to do any of the chair exercises posted by @Katmary71 ? I know you have to be super careful from multiple angles (and body parts!!)
    @veryhotmails what a terrific weigh in - WAY TO GO!!!! =>
    @bethanie0825 thanks for the reminder on checking Fitrockr! I had to do the unattach and reattach Fitbit to get it t sync last week. Not a biggie, just need to remember to go do it occasionally!
    @Cornanda I have had this happen - an unexpected loss and I find it to be a motivator, too!! Awesome plan on your renewed weekend resolve! And - HEY!! - I just checked Fitrockr to see if I needed a refresh and you are the leader of the pack, at the moment!! =>
    @trooworld great weigh in, happy for your loss!! => Reading your previous post was a bit of a light bulb moment for me! I got the takeaway that if what I am trying isn't working, maybe it needs to be broken down a bit more - I think that's a Tiny Habits thing and it was cool to see that in action for you and the Photoshop habit you're working on!
    @AustinRuadhain One thing that my fave podcaster always says is 'stop shoulding on yourself' and as funny as it is - it's really true and helpful to hear! I also would not necessarily fare well with food trucks in the 'hood! We've kinda felt guilty over here because we almost never get take out but we do know that right now our local economy needs people to participate if/when they can. The issue for us is - we weren't getting take out before the pandemic and we rarely ate out. All this to save calories and sodium because food away from home is not really good for us. We might do something for our anniversary but just not sure.
    @mrmcgrath do you ever experience the 'woosh'? I have had periods where I knew I was doing the right things and the scale was so stubborn and then after a few weeks, I would drop some weight quickly over the course of a few days. Almost like my body was hanging onto the weight for dear life and then couldn't anymore. I wonder if that is what you may be experiencing...?
    @Deadpheonixrising and @davors19 great weigh in gang, NICE WORK!! =>
    @Katmary71 hey, I sure hope you have a better Saturday than your Friday was..... Hugs!! <3
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »

Everyone hang in there on their small gains or losses. Nothing looks awful and the process is frustrating, but we are going to keep moving forward no matter what!

@Cornanda this is a really great perspective! It's sometimes hard to see this when you're in the moment of frustration but so TRUE - the long haul is the moving forward, no matter what.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 6
    Saturday
    PW: 196.4
    CW: 193.6
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Sat May 9
    Week 2
    PW 206
    CW 206
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Day: May 9
    Weigh in : week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Prior Weight: 342.8
    Today’s weight: 342.0
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @mlhopp93, great weigh-in this week. Keep it up!!! B)

@digger61, great job at maintaining! Next week I’m sure you will see a loss. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012, wahhooooo for you!! I know that weigh-in made you do the happy dance! <3

@raleighgirl09, good job on working on your habit! Do you find that it is at least starting to make you more mindful? I know for me it does. Even when I’ve been less…OK wayyyyy less, than perfect. ;)

@trooworld, look at you having a good weigh-in this week! Keep it up! <3

@deadpheonixrising, Wow what a good weigh-in you had this week! I know that makes you smile! :)

@Katmary71, hey if you are going to do any habit at all, then breathing is the one to do! You just take care of yourself! <3 Also, I was wanting to pick you knowledge of videos and wonder what you would recommend that I could get my 77-year old mother who rarely gets out of her recliner to do. She says the treadmill hurts her legs so she won’t do it. Honestly, the woman is stressing me out! She needs to move and with her being in quarantine I don’t even have the ability to take her shopping, which is her one true love. :smirk:

@davors19, great weigh-in this week. Keep it up!! B)

@Cornanda, my headache did go away, but it took all day. I think it was a weather thing. YES!! We are going to keep moving NO matter what! Great attitude!! <3

@AustinRuadhain, thanks for that great read from B.J. Fogg. He is great! I wander if my tiny habits are still too big. I need to give that some more thought for sure. ;)

Hey Team! :) I woke up feeling good with no headache, so I had a great workout and did Barre leg day plus a 30 minute treadmill walk. I did the fat burn program and that one is a killer on my legs. Tomorrow is a rest day from Barre so I will walk on the treadmill and I plan to break in my new mop and get my floors looking shiny. My eating was good today, but I had too much rice at dinner. It was just soooo tasty! I really am either going to need to stop cooking like there are more than three of us…or dish up the leftovers right away and put them in the fridge. Maybe I should make that a tiny habit? Hmm? :confused:
  • gberin
    gberin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Username: gberin
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Sat
    Previous Weight: 191
    Todays Weight: 189
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @gberin that is a great loss! Looks like a lot of people had a loss or plateau, that is great.

Hey folks.

Was away for a couple days- finished up a big report at work so I’m very happy and hopefully will have some down time the next couple of weeks.

I’ll start with the checkins again tomorrow. I’ve been doing okay with exercise, but not so good with calories.

@raleighgirl09 I haven’t done those upper body videos….I do other upper body work so I get my fill of that. But I can walk a tiny bit more. I’m also hoping to get a bike by the end of the month. …yeah better to take small steps. When I read your post I misread and thought- PB and jam, and chips on top? Lol. Like on one spoon.

Exercise- I’ve made it up to 1.5 km walk, twice a day. I’ve also been doing some strength training, and core, and some circuits. I was reading about cross fit and I love the sound of it so I’ve start trying out some beginner crossfit workouts. I have to really modify them for where I’m at though.

I really miss my gym and hoping they’ll be open in mid-June.

Tiny habits- so I’ve been doing them, but I had rewards after. I don’t think that was the right way to do it? Anyway I don’t always do the reward, it depends how I feel.

@TeresaW1020 I’ll have to google Barre, I have no idea what it is. I hate putting leftovers away lol. I usually put them in the fridge but some of them I freeze and for some reason that’s the part that irritates me. I think because I have to parcel out servings.

@Cornanda I’m going to do the same thing tomorrow. Just go somewhere different. I haven’t left my neighbourhood in 8 weeks.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday evening check in

The state parks opened here in NC and we were able to go to Fort Macon and walk on the beach for about an hour - it was just slightly chilly, breezy, super sunny and not a cloud in the sky - just gorgeous! We had a picnic lunch looking out at the inlet and watching the boats zoom by.....it was really wonderful to be there! Have had a great food day but realized as I was marking the Habit Tracker that I didn't get my water in!! Poo! But food and planning were good, don't think there is any night eating that will happen. =>

@vegan4lyfe2012 way to turn that around....great weigh in!!!
    @digger61 nice work on maintaining this week!
    @mlhopp93 nice weigh in, I'm very happy for you! =>
    @TeresaW1020 so glad the headache eased off and that you had a great food day - I love that feeling! One thing I do for managing leftovers is I plan them into the next few meals, for the most part. So maybe I'd plan soup or a one dish meal that I'd want to add the rest of the rice to (for example) so that I/we are way less tempted to eat it because I'm saving it for something else.
    @gberin great weigh in, what a nice loss - way to go!
    @its_cleo wow....PB&J with a chip on top....hmmmm. Haha, I probably don't need new ideas but that kinda sounds good! I hope your gym does open as soon as they can and then you can get back to the zone!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Lol yeah it totally got me thinking about peanut butter and potato chips!
This discussion has been closed.