TEAM: Gutbusters (June)

Options

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My weight has been the same weight for 3 weeks in a row! So I decided to change things up a bit. I have been eating back all of my exercise calories, and most likely more, and didn't log everything. I have heard that the FitBit and other apps may be overstating the calorie burn. I am planning to focus more this week on logging "everything", and only eating back up to 1/2 of the calories burned.

This will be a personal mini-goal for me this week, I would really like to see the numbers move down some this week. Anyone want to join me on this, or do you have any other mini goals that you are working on?

I hope you all enjoy your day today!
  • squirrelsquad
    squirrelsquad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My weight has been the same weight for 3 weeks in a row! So I decided to change things up a bit. I have been eating back all of my exercise calories, and most likely more, and didn't log everything. I have heard that the FitBit and other apps may be overstating the calorie burn. I am planning to focus more this week on logging "everything", and only eating back up to 1/2 of the calories burned.

This will be a personal mini-goal for me this week, I would really like to see the numbers move down some this week. Anyone want to join me on this, or do you have any other mini goals that you are working on?

I hope you all enjoy your day today!

You got this!!

My mini-goal is to log every single thing. I get lazy about it in the evenings sometimes and I know that is sabotaging me.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find the positive in my behaviour and habits this week when I know the negative is that I am eating very unhealthy with lots of junkfood and processed food. What I have found is that I exceeded my exercise goals this week so that is the positive. I needed to walk for 6 of the 7 days for 30 minutes each of those days therefore 180 minutes of exercise this week and I achieved 264 minutes of walking in the past 7 days so that is 1 hour and 24 extra minutes of exercise this week. I chose not to take a rest day as it was good for me to force myself to get outside each day after being cooped up in the house a lot so I would get fresh air and get my body moving. I also walked more than 30 minutes some days as the weather was good for walking and I knew that the hot and humid days would be returning soon when I wouldn't want to walk. MFP also put my calories burned goal at 890 for the 7 days and I often don't reach that goal but this week I did as I burned 1,009 calories. So I am focusing on what I have accomplished this week but I am well aware that I really need to do better with making healthier eating choices next week.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didnt give my weight yesterday needed to step a away from social media for day.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    @squirrelsquad
    @inshapeCK
    @looneycatblue
    LOVE these goals.

Goals around eating are #1. I spent YEARS trying to maintain my weight with cardio, out exercising a bad diet. For a long time, about 15 years, that worked GREAT. (I was young, between 20-35). After I had my daughter, I realized my old tricks didn't work anymore.
    If I could give anyone advice (which I don't often do, but I am really good at maintaining a BIG loss over a LONG time-50+ pounds, 20 years) I would say these two things:

Eat whole foods.
    LIFT WEIGHTS.

When I am feeling my best mentally, I eat very little processed foods and strength train 4-5 days a week. I eat A LOT (open diary, feel free to look) and my weight is table and I am not hungry and I never feel deprived. I am happy to talk to anyone about this more. It's changed my life; I don't overexercise or stress calories. I just (TRY) to stay in my healthy zone (mental and physical) and when I am out that zone (as I was for April and May) I focus on ways to get back in. I don't eat back calories and I don't have a fit bit, etc...

Would love to talk more if you want!

Edited to add: @squirrelsquad I know you can't exercise right now-I was more commenting on the food thing. I have that same night time eating tendency...it's like my favorite thing ever lol! One thing that works for me is frozen fruit-grapes, cherries, mangoes. They taste decadent and special and keep me away from the ice cream!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Sorry I didnt give my weight yesterday needed to step a away from social media for day.

I get that...I am not on any social media (since 2016!) because it really messed with my mental health...
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    June 15
    Exercised? Yes. Did a Body project workout for about 39 minutes
    Calories? Yes in budget
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It's Monday! June WEEK 3 Weigh in's from:
    @Cutetomato13
    @Smilee3233
    @miss_fit_ellie
    @The_Quail_Queen
  • Smilee3233
    Smilee3233 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Smilee3233
    June week 3
    PW: 239.2
    CW: 235.8
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Smilee3233 wrote: »
    Smilee3233
    June week 3
    PW: 239.2
    CW: 235.8

WOWZERS!!! Amazing loss! SO PROUD OF YOU!
  • glouis4
    glouis4 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Update: my gym opened finally so I’ve been doing weight lifting! Love it since I’ve only been running during quarantine. I’ve noticed DOMS might be causing some water retention though but I’m trying not to let that bother me
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    @squirrelsquad
    @inshapeCK
    @looneycatblue
    LOVE these goals.

Goals around eating are #1. I spent YEARS trying to maintain my weight with cardio, out exercising a bad diet. For a long time, about 15 years, that worked GREAT. (I was young, between 20-35). After I had my daughter, I realized my old tricks didn't work anymore.
    If I could give anyone advice (which I don't often do, but I am really good at maintaining a BIG loss over a LONG time-50+ pounds, 20 years) I would say these two things:

Eat whole foods.
    LIFT WEIGHTS.

When I am feeling my best mentally, I eat very little processed foods and strength train 4-5 days a week. I eat A LOT (open diary, feel free to look) and my weight is table and I am not hungry and I never feel deprived. I am happy to talk to anyone about this more. It's changed my life; I don't overexercise or stress calories. I just (TRY) to stay in my healthy zone (mental and physical) and when I am out that zone (as I was for April and May) I focus on ways to get back in. I don't eat back calories and I don't have a fit bit, etc...

Would love to talk more if you want!

Thank you for sharing, this is some really good advise. I know that I need to lift weights, I just don't like it... :# Sounds like this maybe a good mini-challenge for me to next week!
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Mini-goal, Day 1, Sun 6/14
    Daily Cal Goal 1200
    + 1/2 Exercise 242
    - Used/Ate -1378
    Leftover + 64
    ======
    It was hard for me to not dig into some Oreo cookies last night... but also really wanted to stick to my goal... o:)

(did you know that Oreo's have a Thin/Dark Chocolate one... so good, but got me into trouble last week!) >:)
  • squirrelsquad
    squirrelsquad Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Edited to add: @squirrelsquad I know you can't exercise right now-I was more commenting on the food thing. I have that same night time eating tendency...it's like my favorite thing ever lol! One thing that works for me is frozen fruit-grapes, cherries, mangoes. They taste decadent and special and keep me away from the ice cream!

oh goodness YES frozen grapes are such a delight. I don't know how I forgot about them! (cherries and mangoes make my lips swell up. I am a mess LOL.) But thank you for the tip, I'll make sure to add options to my next shopping order :)

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    June 16
    Exercised? Yes. 4 km walk this afternoon
    Calories? Yes in budget
    Tracked? Yes
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Smilee3233 wrote: »

oh goodness YES frozen grapes are such a delight. I don't know how I forgot about them! (cherries and mangoes make my lips swell up. I am a mess LOL.) But thank you for the tip, I'll make sure to add options to my next shopping order :)

I’ve recently discovered if I eat enough before noon, I can cut my evening snacking to pretty much zero. This is whole food, high fibre, healthy food. If I slip back to skipping breakfast or having a nutritionally poor breakfast - watch out - I’m going to snack all night! Lol The hard part for me is being organized enough to get the right food in, and at the right time. I should make that my mini-goal until the new habit is formed. Lol

Totally agree with this! Great point!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok!
    Tuesday June week 3 weigh in's from:
    @Kenyaa3
    @SquirrelSquad
This discussion has been closed.