TEAM: Flab-U-Less (June)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    I am an existing member of the group from May but haven't weighed in for this week. I had a gain and need to update my starting weight for June:

Ugh. I am going to really try to check in more often, because I sure need it! Is there anything else I need to do to stay in the group for June?
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Hi all! I’m new! I’m Charlee! 29 years old on Wednesday. My husbands and I are in our trying to conceive journey and with my weight and hypothyroidism I am doing my best to lose the weight.

SW (for this): 273.8

Good luck everyone!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now along with Lorianncorrea. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 21st round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 260lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am nightshift 911. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 246 Member
    Hi all, I’m Jamie. I have tried WW too many times to count without success. Many friends I know have turned to calorie counting and having great success. I am retired, have 100 to lose approximately. What I’m doing differently is checking in daily! Oh yes, I live in Niagara. Canada
  • hjordan2888
    hjordan2888 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey everyone - excited to be part of Flab-U-Less! I started on here about 5 years ago and lost around 40lbs. Unfortunately I lost the account details for there alongside my motivation and slowly but surely it is starting to pile back on. Looking forward to having a team around again to share good hints and tips. I'm in Manchester, England and work in a job that requires me to be pretty much sat down in meetings all day so I'm getting into dance fitness wherever I can!

On the admin side - my weigh-in day was today therefore my weight on the original post is no longer correct, could I change my start weight for June to 156.4lbs?
  • chedaze
    chedaze Posts: 37 Member
    Hi everyone. I am back to MFP after a 4 year hiatus during which I have gained back all the weight I had lost and then added on another 20. This last year I made a move to the other side of the world with my husband and two kids and it’s been hard to focus on my health. Since Covid-19 I’ve been quarantined with my new elliptical, and I’ve been staying in track with HIIT workouts, swimming, yoga and cardio on the elliptical. I’m really looking forward to seeing some results. I love to encourage others and I hope to support everyone on the team as we go. Looking forward to this group. so glad to be here.
  • chedaze
    Sorry meant to say my CW:192
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Hello. This is my third time on this challenge. I lost 80 lbs in 2018 being apart of this for 7 months. I lost my house in a storm, my mom a month before that, and my father in law a month after. My life was falling apart and I didn't care anymore. I took care of my son and grieved while living hotel to hotel due to no longer having a home...or a mom. During this, I ended up VERY unexpectedly getting pregnant for my daughter and leaving. I'm back, and ready to lose this baby weight and more!! I was down to 160 lbs thanks to this amazing group. Unfortunately, im starting well into the 200's. Hoping to be close to 210 by the end of this month, but that would take a lot of dedication which is my goal. It's nice to see I'm not the only one starting over :wink: .
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Hi. I’ve been here before years ago. My weight has crept up over the last few years and I am at my heaviest! 223.5lbs I was told a few months ago I have prediabetes but haven’t took that serious enough. However, This week I lost a close relative who was young, due to bad lifestyle and it made me realise I need to change!
  • chedaze
    Veedot I am so glad you’re here. I am sure we can all help each other get to where we need to be. Pre-diabetes is scary, but it can be completely turned around. Take it one day at a time.
  • jenny_bean_6
    jenny_bean_6 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi all..... it's my first time entering a challenge! Hoping it will motivate me to be more accountable smile:
    Todays Weight: 180.6 lbs
    Hoping by watching my calories and making healthier choices I can lose a few pounds
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,May 31st., officially kicks off our June Challenge! This challenge runs from May 31st to either June 27th or July 4th (Ashley hasn't posted if we're doing a 4 or 5 week challenge for this yet. . So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • mram3582
    2 more weeks and I'll be home!! Ok, maybe I shouldn't jinx myself. I'm a little bummed that I lost my 900 day log in status due to no internet connection driving the bayou yesterday. I was planning on losing it in July anyways when we take our yearly camping trip to the middle of nowhere (literally)...not on a map. So I'm not too attached to it. I have been a quiet team captain since covid started because I have been working non-stop in several states to fix up response lines at 911 operations (for covid or any community emergency). I should be back in full swing soon though! Welcome all!
  • chedaze
    Good morning (I’m in Nigeria, so it’s my morning),

Daily Post Sunday May 31st

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (elliptical 40 min x3, vinyasa yoga 40 min x1 and HIIT 25 min x 3)
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal is purely weight loss, I’ve been staying motivated with workouts and have been very active for months this and not seeing pounds come off.
    So this week 2lbs is my goal.

( this week I spent 1/2 of the week sick, so I was only active 3 days.)
  • chedaze
    Chedaze
    June week 1
    CW 191
    PW 192
  • moosemoose123
    moosemoose123 Posts: 54 Member
    moosemoose123
    june week 1
    CW 139.4
    PW 140
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Daloverlyme
    June Week 1
    PW =223
    CW=221
  • kakemery
    kakemery Posts: 98 Member
    Username: Kakemery
    Week: June Week1
    PW =159
    CW=157
  • Veeedot
    chedaze wrote: »
    Veedot I am so glad you’re here. I am sure we can all help each other get to where we need to be. Pre-diabetes is scary, but it can be completely turned around. Take it one day at a time.

Thank you @chedaze I’m sure we can :) I know I am definitely ready to do this and support others! It is scary but I will turn this around I’m determined too.
  • Veeedot
    Sunday 31st may

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (just under)
    Exercise: Yes (25 mins jogging)
    Goals/Day/Comments: my goal is to exercise between 20-30mins daily and stick within my calorie goal.
This discussion has been closed.