WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    Another scorcher coming up - I'm trying to do all my garden work before and after the sun gets strong, and walk only in the woods where it is cool. I would swim in our pond, but it badly needs a cleanout and it is not very appealing with so many plants, muck on the bottom, and weeds. There are so many frog and salamander eggs we have to wait until they're all grown up and ready to hop around in the world before we do this job, and we put it off for the past few years. It has moved to the top of my "make this happen" list with all this heat.

OK - I get to do my favourite job and nag a bit! There are a few people who are running late with this week's weigh-ins. The last week of JUNE! Already. Wow.
    h947pxmdbz3w.png

@graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff
    @MoStacy
    @eponymoose

Hoping to hear from you all soon! And more than just a weigh-in - feed us some news :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    BTW - Congrats to @unevano !

First person to have FOUR consecutive green weigh-ins this month. Great job! We missed your full report this week, though. How did you do with your June 18th targets?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar, well because you asked...I still look at my nutrients at the end of the day and almost always my potassium and iron is only a 1/3 to a 1/2 of the recommended. I'm still trying to work on that. Added potatoes to my breakfast - I try not to have a lot of banana with the sugar but half of one cut up in my oatmeal then cooked is good (banana goes through a very tasty transformation when cooked- even in the microwave)
    Your sorbet sounds delicious. I was just reminded of a watermelon/feta/mint salad that I like occasionally thru the summer- seems an odd mix but works surprisingly well.

I LOVE watermelon, feta, mint salad! When I first had it I thought it was a weird combo too. But the flavors are really divine!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar - really sorry but I think I'm going to take a break. Really love this team but honestly, I just can't keep up. Too much on my plate...

No problem - it is set up for that. I'll put you on support and pester you at the end of every month to see if you want to return, or you can just let me know. Life gets crazy, and the things that help change. Keep well, and never hesitate to get in touch. You can still post any time if you feel like it.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    On to a new day - very bad eating yesterday, too many poor choices around after father's day entertaining and overwhelmed with projects/dad/work/humidity - too easy to just eat rather than start or finish anything. I just went on the scale to give me fresh inspiration to stick to my better habits - ugh, 3.5 lbs up from just last Thurs. A new day, back at it, plenty of healthy & delicious choices to choose from (and I made all the poor ones disappear yesterday, ha ha). I'm even out of my mini bottles of wine...and I think I'll leave it that way for awhile.
    Have a good Tuesday you all.

You caught yourself quickly, some if your gain could be from water. You got this
  • jugar
    Options
    I hit one of those emotional eating days today too. Like @eggfreak I aim to keep it to ONE day. I think I ate 3 days of calories today. Haven't done that in ages!

I did succeed at getting re-started with daily Pilates and other habits that had gone off the rails, so one day of crazy eating to make up for the anxiety of adapting my usual exercise routines to my new physical reality is not so bad. The exercise is going better than I thought it would after a few weeks of flailing around with this glute injury. I made a big list of substitutions so I know that when a certain exercise is what I "should" do is impossible, I have an immediate alternative for it and can just keep going. And my funny little "slow mo" raccoon has been visiting every afternoon even in this heat - I'm not sure why it is out during the daytime especially in the hot sun, but it seems to like to hang out together.

Last reminders of the day! Don't forget the previous ones - there are still a few late people...

Wednesday weigh ins:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
  • micki48
    Options
    Went for a good walk with a friend today. I’m currently at 10,376 steps. Also talked to my bf for 2 hours on the phone. Only had two meals but managed to stay under calories. Pretty good day. I’m also going to try and get to bed before 1 am. 😳

@Gidgitgoescrazy I love your library rug and kayaking story.

@Terytha Your cake looks fantastic! Good job.

@jugar glad you are able to get back to your exercise.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Tuesday steps: 8,300
    Time to sleep - work re-training tomorrow morning...and weigh in!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've had a good couple days for exercise. We played a round of golf yesterday and another one today. And tomorrow I have my first session back at the gym lifting since the Covid-19 shutdown started. Could be interesting...
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    PW: 178.6
    CW:179.2
  • micki48
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all. Great to read all the updates. Trying to not be on a screen so often and do life. This morning I went on a walk with a friend and then chatted, social distanced, in my yard. Yesterday, I did pilates and met my step goal. I think food was under as well. I had my granddaughter yesterday. Though her mom was here, I was on for most of the day. She has to go back to work next Monday, so it will be back to watching Juliet every day. Needless to say, there is quite a bit of anxiety rolling around my family with a return to a work environment where not everyone thinks Covid19 is REALLY a thing. I just don't get it. Anyway we'll...

Apparently, I never finished or sent this from yesterday. LOL. Oh well. That's how it goes sometimes.

Wonderful Wednesday to you all. I just finished 20 minutes of Pilates. Not sure what is in store today. I have a couple new books to read. One is the 7th book by a friend of mine. So, I'm looking forward to that. She's a YA writer named Gae Polisner. Hoping to get a walk in if it's not too hot. I went out to lock the screen door last night at about 11:45pm and it was ridiculously hot and humid. Hope you are all having a good week. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Rain at last!!
    After a very long dry spell, we are having a good soaking rain so far today. I'm sure that all the plants and trees are happy to see this, and we are hoping the hot spell is going to end after this. I want to get on my bike again!

So it seems after such a strong week, we are having a bit of rebound in weight - but that is to be expected. It is so hard to be consistent when life is taking us on a wild ride, even if it feels like a tame sitting around at home. Hang in there! One thing that could help is to buddy up with someone else on the team and set up some healthy competition and accountability one-on-one. If checking in here is enough for you, be sure to report every day on how it goes. You know who you are, people who only check in once a week! Use this team to help by daily reporting. Catch some new ideas from a teammate, or just make sure that you'll hear our little voices reminding you to do something good to report at the end of the day. Or just to get some good feeling understanding and sympathy when it doesn't go so well.

This is week 4, and sign-ups are in for July. If you know someone who could benefit from F2F, send them along!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I pulled my scale out again this morning to 'scare' me into better eating today (weigh in tomorrow)... I got 5 different weights depending on where the scale is on the floor. I am definitely ordering a finer scale (not just half pounds) and leaving it in ONE spot on our wonky floors. All 5 weights were up and maybe that 'scare' would have worked, but I think the phone call just now with my boss helped a lot, things are still unclear how it will be when we're back in the office (or when or how often) but it was helpful because it's one of the major things on my mind. My eating is on track today and will remain so.
    @Gidgitgoescrazy back in the office soon and I certainly won't have as much opportunity for walking & gardening then, boo hoo... you have so many other activities you do that it's understandable that the step counting isn't the best fit. You've inspired me to attempt to put my humongous kayak on my little prius and get it to the river - I'll try to time the tides right...I've had those sore arms before, like you.
    @micki48 went to lock up the back door last night and went outside instead to delight in the dozen or so fireflies in the garden - I don't think we've had as many together at one time in years. I'll bet Juliet loves being with you (and visa versa)
    @jugar glad you got some rain too - it takes the pressure off....you can just about hear the plants sigh with relief. You are very very good at knowing just the right words to boost and encourage. Hope you are back on your bike soon!

okay, back to working from home, half a permit down, 6 and a half to prepare.
This discussion has been closed.