WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Well, I broke my logging streak and that bugs me. Eating is off, progress halted, I need to get it together again. Every morning I'm starting out fine but by the end of the day...another story. On a good note, I ran out of wine and am not feeling any urgency to go and get any more. I can at least leave that option off the table until I get my eating back under control. Made a caprese salad yesterday - the store bought tomatoes were so blah. I can't wait until I can pick my own - tomato cages everywhere to try to foil the deer. Have a good Saturday everyone!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    My macro focus is having a moment right now and not a good one. I know if it’s balanced I loose weight quickly and I want to do that. But it’s exhausting to always be managing food intake. I want to just enjoy the food choices and not have them run my every decision. Aarrrgghhhh. Frustrated with it. 😕😡😔

I definitely know that feeling. You get so tired of thinking about it. Just know you are not alone. 🤗
    Today was a pretty good day. I was able to work with my trainer in the gym for the first time since March 16. The gym has actually been open for a couple weeks but I decided to give them a little bit of time to get the kinks out of all the new systems they have put in place. They have made some interesting changes to accommodate social distancing and extra sanitizing precautions but overall I thought it was really good. Also did a new body scan. I was down 23 pounds since my March 16 scan and I lost no muscle mass so all the logging and work I've been doing here paid off. :)

What amazing success! That is fabulous progress. 👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉

@Gidgitgoescrazy I thank you for wearing a mask in public places. No one, I think, enjoys it. But when people refuse to, that is why states like mine are in trouble right now. W😢 We do it to care for our community. 😷 Yes, the birds and fish don’t mind at all.
  • micki48
    Options
    ELENA01 wrote: »
    Elena01
    Sw 187
    cw 182

Slowly but surely!

That’s a HUGE loss!! Congratulations. Way to go. 🎉👏🏼👏🏼
    PW 176.8
    CW 176.4 :)

Great loss!!👏🏼👏🏼 We’ve turned our hot tub temp way down and pretend it’s a heated pool now. I haven’t been out at night lately, but you reminded me I need to go to sit and watch all those fireflies. (We called them lightening bugs growing up).
    Hi team! I haven't been able to get into the community portion of the MFP app all week via my phone. I'm posting this now on the website from my laptop. I don't know what's up with MFP lately!

We have all been frustrated by this app this week. Hope you get rid of that water. Be well friend. 🤗

I can't get in on the app either, but I can access through the web browser on my phone. Plus I've been having huge problems just adding foods or changing numbers. It's been a bad week for this app.[/quote]
    Terytha wrote: »
    We went to the gym for the first time since the end of February shut down.

I'm not even level one anymore. I'm like, level -2. I'm honestly crushed by how weak I am, how much progress I've lost. :(

I’m sure it’s frustrating, but you’re back. Muscle memory is a great thing. You’ll be back to your strong self in no time.
    I too was having issues getting into MFP community yesterday. Everything else worked except this lol I literally told my husband I was going to throw my phone. It’s so nice to hear it wasn’t just me !!! Sorry it’s a day late @jugar im adding you now

PW 160
    CW 157.8

Great loss!👏🏼👏🏼🎉
    Pw 168.2
    Cw 166
    :)

Fantastic loss! 👏🏼👏🏼🎉Looks like that test was just what you needed. Hope you find out what’s causing those headaches.

I’m so happy to be able to get on the community this morning. I, too, have felt like throwing my phone. I just gave up trying. Between this app and my Fitbit not charging (and going in the hot tub with it on 🤪) It’s been a challenge to keep track and motivated on my journey this week.

I am happy so many of you are able to start to return to gyms and normal? life. We are unfortunately pretty much in lockdown here at my house. We are no where near post Covid19 as our numbers keep rising. We just stay home. In June in North Carolina, (because I keep track) we had over 35,000 new positive cases and 509 deaths. In JUNE!

My daughter must return to work on Monday because her leave has run out. She is very wary of it. We do not have a choice. 😢 So that means I’m back to watching Juliet every day. She is one busy girl now and is not fond of naps anymore. So wish me luck.

Yay! I’m all caught up. Haven’t gotten up to weigh myself yet. I will report in shortly. 🤗😘😷
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 181.6

Maybe I should just give up and call this my goal weight since I can't seem to drop below it. -_-

You could maintain there for a while - I think it is good to take stops along the way. Consider it a rest stop with a lovely view. You'll be ready to go down more after a while. Let me know if you want to do this and I'll put you on the GOAL ZONE team. You don't have to be at your final goal to be there!!! Just maintain. You have to weigh in every week and stay in your zone (define the top and bottom of that zone any way you like). If you go above it, you're back on regular team. If you go below it, you can revise your zone or eat more!

I guess it is a love song to the plateau? At least a temporary one if you want. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Well, I broke my logging streak and that bugs me. Eating is off, progress halted, I need to get it together again. Every morning I'm starting out fine but by the end of the day...another story. On a good note, I ran out of wine and am not feeling any urgency to go and get any more. I can at least leave that option off the table until I get my eating back under control. Made a caprese salad yesterday - the store bought tomatoes were so blah. I can't wait until I can pick my own - tomato cages everywhere to try to foil the deer. Have a good Saturday everyone!
    You are singing the same song as I am these day. Sloppier and sloppier the past couple of weeks. First there was the heat to blame, but now it is gone and it is time to pull up the socks! Days beginning well, but ending in a spectacular crash and burn have to end. Let's partner up on the no wine (or alcohol) for July - I was doing great with that for a few months, but it is creeping back up again. Dry July anyone else? We can add it in the habit tracker, along with good logging, and pester each other. It doesn't have to be perfect, just better :smile:

And when the garden tomatoes start rolling, we will have a mega party! Hate those boring ones from the supermarket.
  • eggfreak
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    eggfreak wrote: »
    You are singing the same song as I am these day. Sloppier and sloppier the past couple of weeks. First there was the heat to blame, but now it is gone and it is time to pull up the socks! Days beginning well, but ending in a spectacular crash and burn have to end. Let's partner up on the no wine (or alcohol) for July - I was doing great with that for a few months, but it is creeping back up again. Dry July anyone else? We can add it in the habit tracker, along with good logging, and pester each other. It doesn't have to be perfect, just better :smile:

And when the garden tomatoes start rolling, we will have a mega party! Hate those boring ones from the supermarket.

You're on! a dry July (but the sky can rain all it wants!). I'll get back on the Habit tracker wagon as well.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Awful behaviour from MFP - I only managed to get in from my tablet via the link that @conleywoods shared on the home page! Thank you! :)

25th June
    Steps - 2874
    Exercise - 33 minutes Total body workout with weights

26th June
    Steps - 3557
    Exercise - 29 minutes Full body HIIT workout and Abs (with weights)

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend 😊

My steps for this week
    21/6 Sunday 6,797 steps
    22/6 Monday 20,220
    23/6 Tuesday 13,383
    24/6 Wednesday 8,181
    25/6 Thursday 12,889
    26/6 Friday 18,094
    27/6 Saturday 9,806

Just to clarify @jugar

My weigh in is on Monday, so this Monday 29/6 will that be weigh in on Week 1 July? 🤔😁
  • jugar
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    Hi all! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend 😊
    My weigh in is on Monday, so this Monday 29/6 will that be weigh in on Week 1 July? 🤔😁
    You are right! F2F July starts on Sunday the 28th. We always start on a Sunday, so sometimes the "month" part is a bit of an illusion B)
  • jugar
    Options
    Last call!

Only a few more weigh-ins to complete JUNE:
    @MoStacy
    @eponymoose
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020

I hope you can all get on to post!
  • eggfreak
    Options
    @micki48
    last week steps
    6/21 17014
    6/22 7412
    6/23 8535
    6/24 11250
    6/25 10089
    6/26 7635
    6/27 11370
  • micki48
    Options
    I logged every single bit. I’m over a bit, but it’s all there. I helped my daughter report plants, read to my granddaughter, finished a book, made dinner and went for a walk (and met my step goal). I’ll call that a good day despite my tiny gain.

Now I’m sitting in my yard watching all the fireflies. So cool. But as it gets darker, can’t tell if it’s mosquitoes 🦟 or fireflies on
    me. I may head to my screened porch.
  • micki48
    Options
    Apparently one of the other cool problems MFP is having is I can no longer edit. So...

I logged every bite
    And as funny as it would be to report plants that were behaving, we actually repotted them. 🌱

Geez
  • jugar
    Options
    You have to report those plants who are misbehaving! Usually, if you refresh the screen, you can then edit your post. Although MFP is so full of things that don't work these days, I would not be surprised if that did not work either!

Still hoping for those last weigh-ins...
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It was a busy Saturday. I did a 10k step challenge with some friends today so I went on 3 walks. Did my ballet workout and also went on a bike ride with the family. Food was very good today because last night I had a margarita and over did it on thai food. Needed to balance out after that!

I feel like I am in a bit of a slump when you think you're doing pretty good and then you see pictures of yourself and you have that moment of "I have so much further to go😔" I also looked at pictures of me last summer and I have come so far. Just in a hurry I guess. I'll get there eventually!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps for Saturday: 8,300
    I’m home from seeing my 2 adult daughters and am glad we spent some time exploring a Mill river in northern VT. It was fun relaxing with each of them. They really are very different countries!
    I came back with a very annoyed hair follicle at the bottom edge/corner of my lip. It’s gotten progressively swollen and p.o.’d. I suppose an insect could’ve started the process but it’s hard to say. It isn’t anything like a regular pimple on my face - it’s much more tender.
    Well, it makes me want to *not* eat so, I guess that’s OK.
    See you on the flip!
    Happy end of June.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Here are my steps for the last week of June! I also had a bicycle ride on Thursday 6/25, it was 4.9 miles and lasted 32 minutes with an avg. speed of 9.1mph

j8wlojz8p5fc.png
This discussion has been closed.