WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I haven't been able to get into the community portion of the MFP app all week via my phone. I'm posting this now on the website from my laptop. I don't know what's up with MFP lately! Anyway, I'm going to skip my weigh-in tomorrow. The fluid retention has been bad this week. I've been drinking lots of water (64 oz or more most days). I've been taking my blood pressure meds faithfully, one of which is part diuretic. So I'll look at my macros from this week to see what so different from previous weeks. I hate it when my feet, ankles, legs, and hands swell.

Is the end of this month's challenge next Saturday, July 4th?
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks for the tiara! I've never had one. And for all your kind words and support. They mean a lot :)

We headed out to golf early today since it was forecast to get quite warm. But then in the afternoon when it was hot I got zero accomplished. Heat just drains me of all my energy.
    We just got in from the hot tub - it is firefly season. So magical to sit and soak and watch them blinking around the yard.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So funny thing happened in the past few days since I decided to get rest days in and not push so hard to get so many steps.. My RHR went down 6 bpm - went from 74 which was really good considering when I started this journey back in sept, it was mid 80's... today it is 68.. I guess it's possible to do too much even though it is low impact...

I made a drs appt today, I've been getting headaches everytime I exercise, and it's a new thing so I am just going to have it checked out, plus I wanna get her to send me for my blood check up... ( trying to get it all done before my deductible starts over...lol )

Steps for 6/25 = 7500 + 30 min of pilates
  • CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    PW 176.8
    CW 176.4 :)
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I haven't been able to get into the community portion of the MFP app all week via my phone. I'm posting this now on the website from my laptop. I don't know what's up with MFP lately!

I can't get in on the app either, but I can access through the web browser on my phone. Plus I've been having huge problems just adding foods or changing numbers. It's been a bad week for this app.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I haven't been able to get into the community portion of the MFP app all week via my phone. I'm posting this now on the website from my laptop. I don't know what's up with MFP lately! Anyway, I'm going to skip my weigh-in tomorrow. The fluid retention has been bad this week. I've been drinking lots of water (64 oz or more most days). I've been taking my blood pressure meds faithfully, one of which is part diuretic. So I'll look at my macros from this week to see what so different from previous weeks. I hate it when my feet, ankles, legs, and hands swell.

Is the end of this month's challenge next Saturday, July 4th?

No problem - I will not declare anyone NWI this week since there have been SO many problems getting on the site from phones or tablets.

Yes, this is the END of the June challenge tomorrow! New month on Sunday. Keep well!!!!! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    ***IMPORTANT REQUEST****

If we are not already FRIENDS on MFP, please add me. Then you can DM me weigh-ins if the mobile app is still being ridiculous.

I don't have time to add you all while doing the end of month spreadsheet change, new chat threads, and new members - thanks!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    ELENA01 wrote: »
    Elena01
    Sw 187
    cw 182

Slowly but surely!

Well done! I had your top weight at the beginning of the month at 189 - you have lost 7 pounds this month! I like that it is been steady after an initial larger loss, and one pound a week is a completely reasonable rate. You'll be in the 170s soon :blush:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi! Okay it is really hard to get in here lately but I made it through the browser on my phone! Phew...

PW: 217.6
    CW: 217.0

This last week has been my first week off from work and I think the scale shows that having less stress is helpful! 😊👍

I will need some time to catch up on the chat since I am way behind. I really missed you guys and the support I get from the group!

I have been eating pretty well and walking, biking and doing my ballet workouts this week. I need to get my steps up. I get about 7k a day and I think it should be higher for sure. This Saturday I am doing a challenge for 10k steps by the end of the day.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Bummer about the Tummy troubles. I just took my son in to the allergist for his tummy troubles and he was diagnosed with fructose malabsorption which is basically a sugar allergy in a sense. It is actually very common and lots of people never figure out that they have this issue. It is a bit of trial and error to figure out how much sugar you can get away with. It has helped him a ton!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Thank you! I've already had a spanner thrown in the works, it looks as if I may have to help with a boat delivery on Sunday, it's a 660 mile journey so I'll be away for a week. If I stick with my submitted starting weight, I should be back be the first weeks weigh-in so hopefully all will work out OK.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

OK - we'll let you off the hook if you post amazing stories about your journey, right? Have a great time!

Certainly! If anybody is interested, I'll add some pictures, assuming the app lets me!
  • jugar
    Options
    The new JULY chat thread is open! Go ahead over and update your introduction, and new people please provide an introduction! It is always interesting to know where you are, what your weight loss journey and goals might be, and anything else you are comfortable sharing. Names are fun, but we can live without them!

Please keep posting your weigh-ins for today and tomorrow HERE. And general chitchat continues here until Sunday.

Tally ho!

JULY thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801607/waistaways-team-chat-july-2020#latest
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    We went to the gym for the first time since the end of February shut down.

I'm not even level one anymore. I'm like, level -2. I'm honestly crushed by how weak I am, how much progress I've lost. :(
  • jugar
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    We went to the gym for the first time since the end of February shut down.

I'm not even level one anymore. I'm like, level -2. I'm honestly crushed by how weak I am, how much progress I've lost. :(

You will be equally amazed by how quickly you can get strength back. Been there - it really does come back fast with consistent work! Wear the cape. And don't sweat the tough beginning. You are there and you got this!
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, Friday is closing up shop here -

Weigh-ins due for today and tomorrow - hope you can get on the site! or send it to me by message.

@deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @SMcFall0215
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020

tally ho!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I'm honestly crushed by how weak I am, how much progress I've lost. :(
    Hang in there.
    Last year I had a longish interruption from my training with a broken rib. I felt the same way when I first got back but it returned very quickly. You'll be back in form in no time.

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm finally able to get on here again! MFP has been giving me trouble.

@jugar thank you! Yes my bicycle is working and I went for a ride, it felt really great. I will post the ride stats in addition to my weekly step count at the end of Saturday or early Sunday.

Eating has been okay, could be better, could be worse. I'm trying to decide how to proceed, I feel like I need a big change in my eating but I'm not sure what exactly. Something to motivate and have a good impact on the scale. There's so much conflicting data on various eating patterns and diets and it's hard to decide what may be right for me. I do know I've had most success in the past when I get my daily calories at or below 1400, but lately I'm struggling just to keep it below 1600. Hmmm.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too was having issues getting into MFP community yesterday. Everything else worked except this lol I literally told my husband I was going to throw my phone. It’s so nice to hear it wasn’t just me !!! Sorry it’s a day late @jugar im adding you now

PW 160
    CW 157.8
This discussion has been closed.