WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    So yesterday I took a complete rest day, I didn't do a thing, and my feet liked it ! My steps were 2,034

I did my 2 miles this morning and will do my strength work after work, and then take the doggies for a walkie...

I made a podiatrist appt... I think I will atleast see him and see what he says...

I am working on tweaking my exercise, I feel like trying to keep up with others who have the opportunity to walk alot during the day, isn't in my best interest, it takes away from me getting my needed recovery, and this is about my health, not keeping up with everyone..
    Anyway, The food part is going well, and that is the most important part so.. Yeah..

It is good for everyone to keep hearing the part about not keeping up with anyone else - yes, the competition sometimes inspires us to get going when we might otherwise be sloth-like, but if it is not adapted to your needs and capacities, it isn't going to work!

For your feet, though - have a look at https://gmb.io/feet/ I find this site really helpful for simple and effective exercises for problems with various body parts. I don't think I would be able to continue playing flute at the level I do if it was not for their wrist and elbow series (it is amazing), and the shoulder articles have also helped when needed. I haven't tried the foot, ankle, etc. stuff - but it is worth a look. Keep well and take care of those dogs!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hey team! Just a quick pop in. I had a rough weekend, but I am back on track. I have noticed the past few months, I have a hard time sleeping for several days before that time of the month. Luke 4 hours of sleep, not in a row. It spirals into not working out and then not eating well. 🤦‍♀️ I fell like I work hard all month and then undo it. Today is my second day back on track. Hopefully the scale won't be horrible Friday...
  • jugar
    Hi gang!

A quiet but good day - the heat broke late this afternoon and I just feel like breathing. I thought I'd have a ton of energy when it cooled off a bit, but I just feel like relaxing. Tomorrow can be sweat day on purpose instead of just because it's hot. So whether your heat has been self-generated or from the great outdoors, breathe well, stretch your necks, and take some time to just sit and enjoy.

Weigh-ins still due and also for tomorrow:
    @MoStacy
    @evelynladams527
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Be sure to invite friends to join us for July if you have anyone in mind :smile:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    [centerdaibcq7u8qj0.png
    [/center]
    JUNE WEEK 3 RESULTS
    TOTAL STEPS - 580,701

TOP STEPPERS
    1ST - @eggfreak 90,962
    2ND - @YinxFed 80,977
    3RD - @ells_runs 80,571

Great stepping and workouts everyone!!!!
    On to our last week of June...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi all! Don't think I'm going to hit my step goal today, but I guess it's possible if I can motivate myself to walk around my house for awhile. IDK. I did Pilates and work outside in my yard for an hour. The sun was intense. I watched a documentary on Sandra Bland and did some reading. Dinner at my daughter's and playtime with Juliet. We have her all day tomorrow. I'm sure I will get my steps in tomorrow because of that. :)

Hope everyone is hanging in there. The times are, indeed, strange. We are one of the lucky states not allowed to travel to NY, NJ, or CT. Our numbers are on a steady climb. Not as bad as Houston, TX which is just about at capacity in their hospitals, but not fantastic. We still have people complaining and refusing to wear a mask. I just don't get why they won't help us all get this under control. I am not planning any travel and we remain in our home and neighborhood except to see my daughter and grocery shop.

Food has been pretty good. Hopefully, I have a loss this week.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Today was a pretty good day. I was able to work with my trainer in the gym for the first time since March 16. The gym has actually been open for a couple weeks but I decided to give them a little bit of time to get the kinks out of all the new systems they have put in place. They have made some interesting changes to accommodate social distancing and extra sanitizing precautions but overall I thought it was really good. Also did a new body scan. I was down 23 pounds since my March 16 scan and I lost no muscle mass so all the logging and work I've been doing here paid off. :)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Wednesday steps: 7,800
    I’m in Winooski visiting the girls after having a few hours at work retraining in updated protocols, etc.
    @jugar I need to take this week off from the scale. I just couldn’t get there today. Next Wednesday for sure!
    😘
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar
    PW 156
    CW 157.5
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 757 Member
    edited June 2020
    @jugar
    I like the idea of pairing up, especially if someone texts me about 8 p.m. saying, "Put the snacks down!!!" :D

I've been taking it easier on exercise for the past 2 weeks to help my ankle, but I still feel it a little. I had a great workout last Friday with my friend at the gym for the 1st post-Covid time. I was feeling my abs for a few days! I forgot I have abs, but they're in there somewhere! Garmin had some great challenges for June, but I don't see any for July. That was a great motivator even though I couldn't exercise at full level.

But I've been bad on snacking this week, so I'll be up weight tomorrow. I binged on chips & salsa then chocolate chips on our anniversary. :'(
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Sorry friends, seems that I fell off the cliff with regards to updates!

21st June
    Steps - 4121
    Exercise - rest day, 0 minutes

22nd June
    Steps - 2454
    Exercise - HR 12 wk / W2D1 Full body workout with weights - 34 minutes

23rd June
    Steps - 2120
    Exercise - HR 12 wk / W2D2 HIIT workout - 29 minutes

24th June
    Steps - 6824
    Exercise - Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk - 34 minutes

I hope I haven't missed any out!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Finally caught up on all the posts! I've run into the issue with MFP Community section being down a few times lately :s
    We celebrated father's day yesterday because not everyone was available on Sunday (I have 4 siblings and with spouses and nieces/nephews and our mom & dad there are 17 of us so coordinating schedules can be a bit challenging). I did go over calories yesterday but I said NO to dessert. First time in a loooong time I said no at a family gathering. Of course I got the "you have to treat yourself sometimes" speech but I came back with we get together at least every month and that's too much treating myself. My hubs is trying to fix up my old bicycle, if I get out of work before dark I might take it for a ride.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps for yesterday were 7755 + 25 minutes of Pilates..
    Its not actually pilates, but I don't know what else to call it, it's an app called lose belly fat, lol - It's mountain climbers, jumping jacks, various crunches... so pilates is easier to say...

I ordered from one of those dinner box places, it came yesterday , it was actually reasonably priced, and I'm excited because the food choices were pretty yummy, we will have creamy dijon chicken with sauteed zucchini and herby potatoes for dinner tonight... This should be good since my dinner idea last night was a complete fail.

@Micki48 I hate wearing a mask, therefore I don't go anywhere where I need one, I order my groceries through Instacart, and my social activity is with fish and birds lately, and they don't mind me not wearing a mask... lol BUT if I do go somewhere where a mask is required I put it on and get in and out as quickly as possible... I don't understand those who completely refuse to wear one, when it's so easy to avoid. It's selfish really, I mean just put the mask on or stay home.. Not very hard...

Have a great day all !

• jugar
    Today was a pretty good day. I was able to work with my trainer in the gym for the first time since March 16. The gym has actually been open for a couple weeks but I decided to give them a little bit of time to get the kinks out of all the new systems they have put in place. They have made some interesting changes to accommodate social distancing and extra sanitizing precautions but overall I thought it was really good. Also did a new body scan. I was down 23 pounds since my March 16 scan and I lost no muscle mass so all the logging and work I've been doing here paid off. :)
    This is fantastic! Good work - those body scans are interesting and can be helpful especially if there is no loss in weight but the body composition changes in good ways. 23 pounds down in 3 months, though! WOW. Wear the tiara!!!
    Wednesday steps: 7,800
    I’m in Winooski visiting the girls after having a few hours at work retraining in updated protocols, etc.
    @jugar I need to take this week off from the scale. I just couldn’t get there today. Next Wednesday for sure!
    😘

No problem! Say hi to the girls :smiley:
  • jugar
    We have a new member joining us for July - @CM_73 welcome! It will be good to have one more guy on the team :wink: I think @unevano will enjoy not being the only one! But it doesn't matter who we are, where, or what we do - we're all aiming at the same goal, so I hope you enjoy our company. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Thank you! I've already had a spanner thrown in the works, it looks as if I may have to help with a boat delivery on Sunday, it's a 660 mile journey so I'll be away for a week. If I stick with my submitted starting weight, I should be back be the first weeks weigh-in so hopefully all will work out OK.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    My stomach has been hurting so I made a point of drinking way more water and now it hurts less but I have to pee every 5 minutes.

And we have to pay to replace the motherboard on Husband's computer because it fried.

That's been my week. =P

I'm starting to think I have a sugar intolerance. I tend to get these stomach problems after eating candy... or an entire serving of icing in this case. :/
  • jugar
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Thank you! I've already had a spanner thrown in the works, it looks as if I may have to help with a boat delivery on Sunday, it's a 660 mile journey so I'll be away for a week. If I stick with my submitted starting weight, I should be back be the first weeks weigh-in so hopefully all will work out OK.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

OK - we'll let you off the hook if you post amazing stories about your journey, right? Have a great time!
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    My stomach has been hurting so I made a point of drinking way more water and now it hurts less but I have to pee every 5 minutes.

And we have to pay to replace the motherboard on Husband's computer because it fried.

That's been my week. =P

I'm starting to think I have a sugar intolerance. I tend to get these stomach problems after eating candy... or an entire serving of icing in this case. :/

An entire serving of icing? Anyone would be suffering after that one :grimace: Ouch. Be careful out there, you!
  • jugar
    Thursday is rolling to a mellow close here - a cool, lovely day. I had my first every experience with acupuncture today - it was interesting and I hope to see some results after a few treatments. I figure it's worth a try to shrink my dreaded hematoma. And my insurance will cover it, so why not?

@jguldi11 - your description of the large family and actually skipping dessert was wonderful! Good for you! Your response to the "treat yourself" line was perfect. Did your bicycle get fixed and ready to go? That can count on the step/exercise team - it really adds up!

@KellyBgetsfit - I hope you're sleeping better and getting past the rough days. Not sleeping well makes everything harder. Hugs flying your way!

@Steph1498 - macro fatigue - logging fatigue - feeling obsessed about what we eat. It's a thing. But the alternative is keeping on what got you to needing to lose some weight, so try to stick with it ! Get a perfect day under your belt and hopefully you'll feel encouraged to do more of them. Hang in there!!!

So people! Friday is on the horizon

Weigh-ins due Friday:
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @ELENA01

Due today or before:
    @conleywoods
    @eponymoose