TRIMSTONES Team Chat - June 2020

Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
wdo5s620k649.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for June 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    zglh94o58144.jpg

A HUGE TrimStones WELCOME to our newbies! BWA HA HA!! Let the torture begin...JUST KIDDING!!!

Welcome to @HaMaSa92 @Mmarch427 @sk_loves_fitness @ltopinka84 @UCGRocks and @jennifersusanmcdougall !

Glad you found the June chatroom...you may relax, fix drinks for everyone else as they arrive, especially @mulecanter as he will likely soon hit the couch and make ME do all the work!!

Introduce yourself if you haven't already and give us an idea of just how much trouble you're going to be! :smile:

Good luck this month...several members are making me feel like I need to step it up on the step team...if you haven't joined yet, please let me know you'd like to participate, set your daily step goal and let's get to hoofin it!

Two last pieces of administrative advice...please, Please, PLEASE!!! report your weigh ins on your scheduled day using the following format:

Name
    Weigh in Day
    PW: (previous weight)
    CW: (current weight)

AND, please report in your step totals daily, every few days...if more than three days go by with no report, I get a little freaked out as I detest empty spaces on the spreadsheet...feel like I'm getting behind and break out in hives! You don't want me itching...I get evil when I start itching! LOL I'm really not that bad...just try to be as proactive as possible.

In all seriousness, I do hope you find this group to be a supportive help to you on your journey. In the past three years, I've found it to be so for me. You won't find a more caring group of people to lean on on days that are hard...we all have them...just open up and tell us how you're feeling...sometimes it just helps to get it out. THIS IS NOT EASY and we all know that, so SCREAM WHEN YOU NEED TO, Beat up @mulecanter and not me...because I'm your favorite captain and have a laugh often...we're here to help. If you need a private word of encouragement or to report that you're going out of town, etc, just send myself or mulecanter a message and we can report your weight for you or let the MODS know you're away.

Take care and have a wonderful June...stay safe and well!!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    mpf7qqeb59gk.jpg

Steppers...once again, LAST ONE SIGNING UP HAS TO WALK NAKED! Don't let it be you...send your daily step goal and let's go! Two so far...I and Arc130 are safe...LOL!
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    Hi. I'll post some more later on my way outside to make our vegetable garden and the sun is shining.
  • jennifersusanmcdougall
    jennifersusanmcdougall Posts: 223 Member
    Oh and I actually lost three pounds since that last weigh in. May 21 was 198.5
    May 28th 195.5 that was the biggest drop I've had so far.
  • JOYfulNoise89
    JOYfulNoise89 Posts: 11 Member
    Do I weigh in here?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Do I weigh in here?

Hi @JOYfulNoise89 ! I was just stopping in here to make sure the team knows you're on the way. And here you are! You post everything here. Weigh-ins, questions, comments, you name it. Your weigh in is not until next Friday, though, so in the meantime - get to know your teammates, introduce yourself, and feel your way around. Good luck!
  • jessicakrall8
    fxe9kjxw8erz.png
    Do I weigh in here?

Hi @JOYfulNoise89 and Welcome to our little family! Read all the notes in this new June Chatroom and if you have any other questions, please let me know. Put me on speed dial, so to speak, as I'm one of your two captains for this team. @mulecanter is the other and he's around here somewhere!

I hope you like it here as much as I do...great group of caring people!

Hope to read your introduction and get to know you soon!

Take care and if you need anything, just holler!

• Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Saturday 5/30- 11917
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 223 Member
    Hi all. Thanks for adding me. I’m trying to get back to being fit after having my second baby. I really need the support and accountability. Thanks all!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    @jessicakrall8

Jessica, I would love to stay on the team. I just don’t want to negatively effect the weekly weigh ins. But if it doesn’t hurt, then count me back in!!

The accountability got me to goal, so it can keep me there too 😄
  • simbersea
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    Welcome to all our new joiners!

Week 1
    Sunday
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 152.1

I've now lost 20kg since I started this journey (again) in November and 16kg since I joined the lovely Trimstones. Thanks everyone for keeping me on track! Still a bit to go to goal weight but I'm getting a lot nearer. 🤸‍♀️

Great week!!
  • simbersea
    Step goal: 9000 daily
  • simbersea
    Simbersea
    PW: 149.2
    CW: 148.6
    My goal zone will be 147.6-149.6
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    And we are off again...

5/30 steps - 17, 648

PW: 243.8
    CW: 239.8
  • Cafelelia
    f806msft42c9.jpeg
    tvze99ouriks.png
    5fn9dwyo4582.png88qcp888odf1.png

WEEK 4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.45%
    2nd Downsizers 0.32%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.28%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 21.7 lbs
    2nd Downsizers 16.2 lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 11.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @RaisedToRamble 3.65%
    2nd @Twyla77 3.57%
    3rd @Gidgitgoescrazy 2.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @RaisedToRamble 8.6lbs
    2nd @Twyla77 5.0%
    3rd @metonymicalinsanity 4.4lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @apple852hk
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @guitargirl55
    @jmbrown11
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Emmajhare
    @suzyjmcd2
    @kirsten11872

ysq03p2ftd1s.png

• Cafelelia
    gciu2dvvlka1.jpg
    tvze99ouriks.png
    kerb36ef00sr.png
    h54tc78sh5yo.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.28%
    2nd Downsizers 1.13%
    3rd WaistAways 1.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 62.3 lbs
    2nd Downsizers 57.4 lbs
    3rd WaistAways 49.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @WishfulThinning18 5.87%
    2nd @samuel860 5.65%
    3rd @metonymicalinsanity 5.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @metonymicalinsanity 16.8 lbs
    2nd @WishfulThinning18 16.2 lbs
    3rd @samuel860 12.2 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Angemarie28
    @kyfrancik
    @jmbrown11
    @eggfreak
    @missGYST
    @mrsjhardin
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Freeglerock
    @unevano

s8pyesp6bng4.png

• schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 205
    CW: 203.2

Steps
    5/30 = 12,342
    Think I'll stay with 8,500 for goal, need to work on those day off numbers.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    zglh94o58144.jpg

A HUGE TrimStones WELCOME to our newbies! BWA HA HA!! Let the torture begin...JUST KIDDING!!!

Welcome to @HaMaSa92 @Mmarch427 @sk_loves_fitness @ltopinka84 @UCGRocks and @jennifersusanmcdougall !

Glad you found the June chatroom...you may relax, fix drinks for everyone else as they arrive, especially @mulecanter as he will likely soon hit the couch and make ME do all the work!!

Introduce yourself if you haven't already and give us an idea of just how much trouble you're going to be! :smile:

Good luck this month...several members are making me feel like I need to step it up on the step team...if you haven't joined yet, please let me know you'd like to participate, set your daily step goal and let's get to hoofin it!

Two last pieces of administrative advice...please, Please, PLEASE!!! report your weigh ins on your scheduled day using the following format:

Name
    Weigh in Day
    PW: (previous weight)
    CW: (current weight)

AND, please report in your step totals daily, every few days...if more than three days go by with no report, I get a little freaked out as I detest empty spaces on the spreadsheet...feel like I'm getting behind and break out in hives! You don't want me itching...I get evil when I start itching! LOL I'm really not that bad...just try to be as proactive as possible.

In all seriousness, I do hope you find this group to be a supportive help to you on your journey. In the past three years, I've found it to be so for me. You won't find a more caring group of people to lean on on days that are hard...we all have them...just open up and tell us how you're feeling...sometimes it just helps to get it out. THIS IS NOT EASY and we all know that, so SCREAM WHEN YOU NEED TO, Beat up @mulecanter and not me...because I'm your favorite captain and have a laugh often...we're here to help. If you need a private word of encouragement or to report that you're going out of town, etc, just send myself or mulecanter a message and we can report your weight for you or let the MODS know you're away.

Take care and have a wonderful June...stay safe and well!!

Happy June Jess! I find this group to be so supportive and helps to keep me motivated. Thank you😬
  • jessicakrall8
    ltopinka84 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I need a lot of help with accountability. I gained 20 pounds a couple of years ago between stress at work and losing a family member, and I just want to start focusing on getting back to a healthier weight! :)

Hi! Very sorry for the loss of your family member. Unfortunately, I know that stress very well myself. Stress is hard on us in a LOT of ways, so I feel ya there too...health issues, emotional issues, nutritional issues for sure...I applaud you on your decision to work on it. Weight has been a struggle for me since my high school years...I think mine started at the deaths of my grandfather (when I was 9), my favorite uncle (when I was 10) and my father (when I was 12)...food became my comfort and friend...little did I know it was slowly robbing me of MY life...and my journey began.

Many of us here, although our stories differ, the results were the same, WAY too much poundage. I think you'll find great source of support here...and some laughter and tears along the way as well. Welcome!

Look forward to sharing success with you.

Take care,
This discussion has been closed.