DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Last weight 289,6 lbs
    Current weight 289,6 lbs

I must say that this week I'm quite pissed because Wednesday I was 285,2 lbs and then all and sudden I started to gain weight with no reason

I think this week a lot of us have been finding the scales crazy. My weight varied by 6.6 pounds throughout the week. I was just lucky that it cooperated on my official weigh in day. Scale fluctuations are a hard thing to swallow but we have to look at the overall trend. Do you use a weight trending app such as happy scale? I like it because it gives me a visual of my weight loss over time. There are lots of ups and downs in my graph but I can see the overall trend is going down over time. Just what ever you do don’t give up. I hate to think where my weight would be if I didn’t start losing weight in February of 2019. There where times I stayed the same or even gained even though I knew I was doing all the right things. It is frustrating though cause I am the first one to get pissed when it happens to me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)
    290.8 lbs - weighin on 07/11 -- loss = 0.3 lbs -- (17.8 lb total loss to date)

Congrats on the loss! How are you doing with your soreness? I hope you are feeling better!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    F2F has a new chat thread for members from any team who are now at their goal weight, getting near it, or just want to see what maintenance is like. Drop by any time!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803339/goal-zone-maintenance-chat-july-2020/p1?new=1

If you are already at goal, or want to stop where you are to see if it is indeed your final weight goal, be sure you are in the "Goal Zone" section of your team spreadsheet. Then come to this chat to explore this new and much longer phase together with others. Let's not be a statistic and just gain it all back, right?

Even if your goal feels far away, let this new chat thread inspire you - you'll get there too!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    7/11 steps 25186

@mari_moulin and @lindamtuck2018 I drink mine black. My wife and kids drink it froo froo style.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, July 11

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Zumba ✅
    •Water: 2,750 L ✅
    •Steps: 9,756 ❌
    •Self-Care: well seems I was a day early for this one. I did my hair the day before. Today’s self care was to being our my dusty bike and clean it and get it ready for a rise today. ✅

Blessed Sunday team.

Today I plan on going out for a bike ride but if I can’t do it I’ll definitely get out for run/jog intervals. I say I may not because for some reason I have an enormous fear of riding a bike. I alway feel like I’m gonna fall and I’m extremely unsteady on one. I can fall just standing still with both feet on the ground 😂 believe me it’s happened! So my neighbor and I will attempt it and if I see I just can’t do it then she said she would jog a bit with me. I feel like such a child sometimes.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone 🥰

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 15 of our Self Care challenge! Do a virtual Yoga class 🧘🏻‍♀️🧘🏼🧘🏻‍♂️

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Today is my third day with the Fitness Challenge and I must say that I love it.

I do it just when I get up from bed and I always add a bit more.
    Since yesterday I started also with Jumping Jack's.

50 squats
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 Push ups
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 reverse crunch
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

100 Bicycle crunch
    20x 20x 20x 20x 20x

50 Left 50 right Forward Lunges
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x left
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x right

Plank
    30 seconds 30s 30s 30s 30s

Jumping Jack's
    3 min.

I must say that I do everything with my 130 kg completely naked and in front of the mirror. It sounds crazy as *kitten* but it helps me to see my body. To see how it works. To be grateful for everything my body does and how it allows me to push a bit further.

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    Sunday 5 10.421 steps
    Monday 6 11.217 steps
    Tuesday 7 13.010 steps
    Wednesday 8 12.348 steps
    Thursday 9 11.714 steps
    Friday 10 13.174 steps
    Saturday 11 10.654 steps
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I did it! Got on a bike and don’t fall 😂🚴🏻‍♀️

qkftc2u43cgx.jpeg

t8oxishxmssl.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last weight 219.5
    Current weight 220

No excuses...I ate poorly. Meal preparation definitely makes a difference. Back to kitchen I go.

At least you know where you can make changes. Half a lb is nothing. I think meal prep is a great way to control our intake. I always struggle with this.
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 51 minute walk
    Water: 👎

Steps 7/10 12,614

Self care: cleaned out clutter baskets in apartment
    Fitness challenge: 0 rounds 😞

I am dragging my butt today as I stayed up way to late and I had to get up early this morning. Hopefully, I can get energy and do my walk later today. I am off grocery shopping as soon as I finish my wake up coffee ☕️. The kids will be here for the day and I will probably play another game of monopoly with them.

Our health officer thinks we will be in stage 3 of our opening by the end of July. This means gyms will open. I am going to join the one I used to go to that is only a 10 minute walk from my house. It is a small gym and the people who own it are great. I can start with the machines for now and when I get more confidence I will use free weights again.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 11:30 pm for sure!

How exciting that you will be joining gym again. I also started on cardio machines before I got into free weights. Maybe you can try the assisted weights at first just to get your muscles ready for the free weights. Anything goth so will be a plus however you decide to do it. I can’t wait for you to finally be able to do more as places begin to open again.
    Last weight 289,6 lbs
    Current weight 289,6 lbs

I must say that this week I'm quite pissed because Wednesday I was 285,2 lbs and then all and sudden I started to gain weight with no reason

Even if you had a loss earlier in the week this is maintenance from last week which is a HUGE win in my book. Our bodies can’t always lose sometimes they need to stabilize before they start losing again. Just knew at it. You know you are kicking butt!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)
    290.8 lbs - weighin on 07/11 -- loss = 0.3 lbs -- (17.8 lb total loss to date)

Good job with the weight loss this week! I do hope you are recovering well. Please keep checking in so we know how you are doing.
    Yeah !! Well done on this weeks loss! You are smashing it 💪🏻 I’m gonna need some tips from you!

Thank you .......My only tip weigh and measure all your food ... I am back on keto since 6/9/2020.... I measure weigh everything .... I make my own keto version vanilla cream for coffee ... keto pesto sauce....my own keto mayo ....I work out 5 days a week (right now just swimming since I injured my ankle ....

I’ve never done anything keto. I’ve done low carb but not keto. It seems to hard for me. I’m more of a moderation is key kinda time lol. I have seen so many success stories with people doing keto tho and it’s so great how well it works for them. I believe everyone is different and different things work for different people. I feel as long as you feel good and what you are doing is working for your then AWESOME! You’ve been doing great!

Weighing and measuring is also key! I also struggle doing this at every meal as I feel I don’t have time to do all this while feeding my tribe. But I do my beat to stay within my portions.

And as for workouts well.... it’s my favorite thing in the world so no issues there lol.

Keep il the awesome work and thanks so much for your tips!!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Yeah !! Well done on this weeks loss! You are smashing it 💪🏻 I’m gonna need some tips from you!

Thank you .......My only tip weigh and measure all your food ... I am back on keto since 6/9/2020.... I measure weigh everything .... I make my own keto version vanilla cream for coffee ... keto pesto sauce....my own keto mayo ....I work out 5 days a week (right now just swimming since I injured my ankle ....

BTW. Well done finding something that works for you while your ankle heals. Sending healing vibes your way 🙏🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/11 steps 25186

@mari_moulin and @lindamtuck2018 I drink mine black. My wife and kids drink it froo froo style.

Got your steps in! I say drink the coffee but that’s just cause I don’t think I would survive cutting it out of my life lol.

50 squats
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 Push ups
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 reverse crunch
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

100 Bicycle crunch
    20x 20x 20x 20x 20x

10x 10x 10x 10x 10x left

Plank

Jumping Jack's
    3 min.

I must say that I do everything with my 130 kg completely naked and in front of the mirror. It sounds crazy as *kitten* but it helps me to see my body. To see how it works. To be grateful for everything my body does and how it allows me to push a bit further.

Nothing more amazing to an loving tour body enough to be able to do a workout naked! Love this! I would also do this if I was brave enough but as much as I love my body and have learned to accept my imperfections, I still struggle sometimes when I get down to my birthday suit. Well done with the workouts! You are a QUEEN BEAST!
    Sunday 5 10.421 steps
    Monday 6 11.217 steps
    Tuesday 7 13.010 steps
    Wednesday 8 12.348 steps
    Thursday 9 11.714 steps
    Friday 10 13.174 steps
    Saturday 11 10.654 steps

Got your steps in!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week 3
    Sunday
    P. W. 242
    C. W. 246
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Challenge is UP! And you are climbing up your own ladder. Go for it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803404/week-3-challenge-one-up-yourself#latest

The week 2 Challenge is also going to stay active if anyone wants to continue the daily commitment and reflection. It works!
  • dymphnadaniels
    dymphnadaniels Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    sw2gsd8xfozy.jpeg
  • Z10Rtza
    Options

Nothing more amazing to an loving tour body enough to be able to do a workout naked! Love this! I would also do this if I was brave enough but as much as I love my body and have learned to accept my imperfections, I still struggle sometimes when I get down to my birthday suit. Well done with the workouts! You are a QUEEN BEAST!

It really makes a difference to work with the mirror. You don't workout because you hate your body, you workout because you love it. And you wanna give to your body the best you can. And looking at yourself in the mirror helps to appreciate it
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, July 11

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Zumba ✅
    •Water: 2,750 L ✅
    •Steps: 9,756 ❌
    •Self-Care: well seems I was a day early for this one. I did my hair the day before. Today’s self care was to being our my dusty bike and clean it and get it ready for a rise today. ✅

Blessed Sunday team.

Today I plan on going out for a bike ride but if I can’t do it I’ll definitely get out for run/jog intervals. I say I may not because for some reason I have an enormous fear of riding a bike. I alway feel like I’m gonna fall and I’m extremely unsteady on one. I can fall just standing still with both feet on the ground 😂 believe me it’s happened! So my neighbor and I will attempt it and if I see I just can’t do it then she said she would jog a bit with me. I feel like such a child sometimes.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone 🥰

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

Good for you putting yourself out of your comfort zone. I see from your picture that you did great. It is good to mix up our exercise sometimes even though I don’t do much than walk.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

50 squats
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 Push ups
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

50 reverse crunch
    10x 10x 10x 10x 10x

100 Bicycle crunch
    20x 20x 20x 20x 20x

10x 10x 10x 10x 10x left

Plank

Jumping Jack's
    3 min.

You are an inspiration. Taking on this challenge and getting through all the rounds you do is so awesome. I don’t think you are crazy. I wish I had enough confidence to really look at myself without clothes. I think it would allow me to realize the changes my body has made for the better with my weight loss.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week 3
    Sunday
    P. W. 242
    C. W. 246

Just one of the hills in the journey. Look at what strategies has worked for you to get to your amazing loss to date and implement them this week.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,846 Member
    Options

BTW. Well done finding something that works for you while your ankle heals. Sending healing vibes your way 🙏🏻

Thank you so much ....I am type 2 diabetic and I was getting migraines (from meds and I believe carbs) ..and one of my goals is to get off ALLLLLLL medications (so far I am off one of them... cut the other in 1/2 and I still take 1 ....Last time I was on Keto ... I was not prepared and didn't really know what I was doing .... this time is different and my head is in the game ...I will succeed this time and will NOT give up :) (I had a bad habit of that many times on here )
This discussion has been closed.