DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 12 of our Self Care challenge! Relax with tour favorite Movie 🎥 easy on the popcorn 🍿.

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    FITNESS CHALLENGE

To participate you run through the 6 following exercises. You can repeat this up to 6 times. Each time you do a set of all 6 exercises, you get a point. You can earn up to 6 points a day. We will keep track of the points and will let everyone know how they did at the end of the week. If you want to be in the challenge, let me know and report your points in the chat daily. Enjoy! Mari and Linda

Challenge Exercises
    1. Squats 10 reps
    2. Pushups 10 reps
    3. Reverse crunch 10 reps
    4. Bicycle crunch 10 reps
    5. Forward lunges 10 each leg
    6. Plank 30 seconds
  • mari_moulin
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, July 08

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: 5K run 🏃🏻‍♀️ ✅
    •Water: 3 L ✅
    •Steps: 14,546 ✅
    •Self-Care: 3 things I love about myself.
    1. I never quit.
    2. I’ve finally learned to love myself and all my imperfections.
    3. I’m a runner. ✅

Happy Thursday team. I’m running late again and not because I’ve been busy but because I’ve been lazy and lounging all day. I’ve had a nice nap today and have been trying to catch up on sleep again. I got to the gym very early and got my workout done then called a few friends to check in and catch up, then lunch and then cat naps. I even spent some time outside in the garden soaking up some sun. The heat could be another reason why I’m so sleepy and tired. I’m about to head to the pool again with the boys. They’ve been begging to go back since we went on Tuesday.

The scales are back up the full 4 lbs I had lost yesterday and honestly I’m considering just throwing the damned scale out the window. I work damn hard and eat as best as I can despite struggling to log it all I to my diary. I drink a lot of water to where I’m constantly going for a pee. I think starting next week I’ll do 2 weigh ins instead of daily weigh ins. A mid week weigh in and an official weigh in. My weight fluctuates way too much on a daily basis and this can be very discouraging.

Any who the weeks almost over. Let’s finish strong! 💪🏻

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Steps 7/7: 22,183

Check in for goals, first week of July:

-Jump rope one minute per day- 5/7 (7/7 this next week😉)

-Clean, inside or out at least 30 minutes per day- 7/7 🙂

-Dry July- 7/7🙂

Got your steps in! Well done continuing the jump rope challenge even if Josh is no longer here doing the challenge for us. We started a new fitness challenge as we were looking for something else to replace it. Feel free to join in as well 💪🏻 Congrats on your dry July progress!
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/8 steps 18519
    I tried the (Modified) challenge. I cannot throw my name back into the hat. Two different type crunches are something I'm incapable of doing right now. Heck I cannot do regular crunches. I lose my breath tying my shoes. Ugh.
    With that said I'm happy for you all that can do it. Continue to rock challenge.

What Linda said!
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 47 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/8 12,588

Self challenge: this was really hard but I did say three things out loud.
    1. I love how kind I am
    2. I love my strength
    3. I love my perseverance

Fitness challenge: no rounds

The scales are messing with my head. Yesterday I weighed 205.2 and today I weighed 200.8, almost a 4.5 pound drop. I really don’t know what to expect for tomorrow’s official weigh in. I think I will be up from last week but who knows with the way the scale has been bouncing around this week. Whatever it is I will get over it and move on to next week.

My car did not get done yesterday as the dealership got really behind. I went and got my blood work done. Can’t wait to see if my a1c is still in the non diabetic range. I am frustrated as I went to the passport office and it was closed. This I should have expected as we are not to that stage of reopening. The bad part is they are not even issuing passports by mail. I hope we enter the next stage sooner than later as I don’t want to be getting my passport at the last minute.

Have a super Thursday all!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm

got your steps in! OMG I’ve been exactly the same with the scale. Such HUGE spikes and drops it’s driving me nuts! I also don’t know what my weight in will be on Saturday but I’m just gonna keep doing what I’m doing as best as I can. Do you think maybe the hot weather could be causing this? I really wish the number on the scale didn’t bother me so damned much.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazing ...keep up the great work :) As for me I managed to hurt myself on Tuesday .... I was doing aerobics and twisted my foot.... it has been swollen even after icing and elevating it .... I did manage to hobble out to my pool ...but I mostly floated around since it is hard to swim with one foot ... I am not going to let this stop me .... I am frustrated to the Max ... but I am just glad it wasn't my other foot that has a screw in it from when I injured it last year and again earlier this year ... I will still be weighing in Tomorrow .... and doing what I can exercise wise :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday:
    CW: 246.4
    PW: 248.0
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/8: 19,275
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in

Steps 7/8 12,588

1. I love how kind I am
    2. I love my strength

The scales are messing with my head. Yesterday I weighed 205.2 and today I weighed 200.8, almost a 4.5 pound drop. I really don’t know what to expect for tomorrow’s official weigh in. I think I will be up from last week but who knows with the way the scale has been bouncing around this week. Whatever it is I will get over it and move on to next week.

My car did not get done yesterday as the dealership got really behind. I went and got my blood work done. Can’t wait to see if my a1c is still in the non diabetic range. I am frustrated as I went to the passport office and it was closed. This I should have expected as we are not to that stage of reopening. The bad part is they are not even issuing passports by mail. I hope we enter the next stage sooner than later as I don’t want to be getting my passport at the last minute.

Today’s goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    4. Drink 8 cups of water

got your steps in! OMG I’ve been exactly the same with the scale. Such HUGE spikes and drops it’s driving me nuts! I also don’t know what my weight in will be on Saturday but I’m just gonna keep doing what I’m doing as best as I can. Do you think maybe the hot weather could be causing this? I really wish the number on the scale didn’t bother me so damned much.

It could be the weather. We have been under a heat advisory on and off for almost 2 weeks. Hubby got sent home from work today it was so hot. He is a construction worker 👷‍♀️.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazing ...keep up the great work :) As for me I managed to hurt myself on Tuesday .... I was doing aerobics and twisted my foot.... it has been swollen even after icing and elevating it .... I did manage to hobble out to my pool ...but I mostly floated around since it is hard to swim with one foot ... I am not going to let this stop me .... I am frustrated to the Max ... but I am just glad it wasn't my other foot that has a screw in it from when I injured it last year and again earlier this year ... I will still be weighing in Tomorrow .... and doing what I can exercise wise :)

Rest that foot! Sorry that you hurt it and I hope it heals fast.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday:

You had a big loss last week so things may be evening out. Stick to your goals and you will do fine.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sunday 5 10.421 steps
    Monday 6 11.217 steps
    Tuesday 7 13.010 steps
    Wednesday 8 12.348 steps
    Thursday 9 11.714 steps
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    FITNESS CHALLENGE

To participate you run through the 6 following exercises. You can repeat this up to 6 times. Each time you do a set of all 6 exercises, you get a point. You can earn up to 6 points a day. We will keep track of the points and will let everyone know how they did at the end of the week. If you want to be in the challenge, let me know and report your points in the chat daily. Enjoy! Mari and Linda

Challenge Exercises
    1. Squats 10 reps
    2. Pushups 10 reps
    6. Plank 30 seconds

Uuhh I find it crazy difficult 😳😱
    I'M IN!! 🤩 I don't know how much I would be able to do due to my conditions but I'll do my best!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    7/9 steps 17665
    It was raining so I could not get my run in. 😞
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, July 09

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 2,250 L ✅
    •Steps: 12,319 ✅
    •Self-Care: I am not too much into movies. I prefer documentaries and I watched one on Walter Mercado an astrologist very well known in the Latin community. ✅

TGIF! I’m so over this week and the crazy scale going up and down. I’m not sure what weigh in will say tomorrow but I’m sure it will be a sin seeing what I had this morning. The only thing I know is that I am sure trying my best and working hard.

Today I’ve been to the gym and about to do our team Fitness challenge as I’ve slacked off on it for the past 2 days. I then have to go to the DIY store to buy boxes for our big move. I need to start packing as moving day is nearing.

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday!

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear you’ve hurt yourself. Nothing worse than an injury that forces us to stop or slow down. I did hope you get better quickly so you can get back to your routine. Please take care of yourself and heal up.
    Weigh Day Thursday:

Well done on your loss this week! 💪🏻

@lindamtuck2018 just FYI, Angie has had a loss. She put current weight on top and previous weight on the bottom. I noticed you typed in the bottom number on the spreadsheet.

Steps 7/8: 19,275

Gotcha!
    Sunday 5 10.421 steps
    Monday 6 11.217 steps
    Tuesday 7 13.010 steps
    Wednesday 8 12.348 steps
    Thursday 9 11.714 steps

Gotcha!
    FITNESS CHALLENGE

Challenge Exercises
    1. Squats 10 reps
    2. Pushups 10 reps
    6. Plank 30 seconds

Uuhh I find it crazy difficult 😳😱
    I'M IN!! 🤩 I don't know how much I would be able to do due to my conditions but I'll do my best!

Yes!! Glad you decided to join us on the is fitness challenge. The hardest part for me is the pushups! I always struggle with my shoulders.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    7/9 steps 17665
    It was raining so I could not get my run in. 😞

Gotcha! That’s an impressive amount of steps foe not having gotten your run in! We done 💪🏻 Just FYI I think I’m missing your steps for Monday the 6th. I’ve gone back to look for it but can’t seem to find it.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 13 of our Self Care challenge! Organize your Inbox (or any other thing that needs organizing) 📨

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    FITNESS CHALLENGE

Dont Forget our fitness challenge!!!

Challenge Exercises
    1. Squats 10 reps
    2. Pushups 10 reps
    6. Plank 30 seconds
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in

Steps 7/8 12,588

1. I love how kind I am
    2. I love my strength

Today’s goals
    2. 10,000 steps
    4. Drink 8 cups of water

It could be the weather. We have been under a heat advisory on and off for almost 2 weeks. Hubby got sent home from work today it was so hot. He is a construction worker 👷‍♀️.

I have so much respect for anyone working outdoors. Especially in the summer when it’s unbearably hot like it is now. I’m thinking I’m retaining water due to the heat cause I really don’t get why the scale is all out of wack. I’m making sure to drink lots of water but it doesn’t seem to be making much of a difference.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.4lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 188.4lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 60.7lbs

Steps:
    • Monday July 6th: 10 352
    • Tuesday July 7th: 10 306
    • Wednesday July 8: 8 125
    • Thursday July 9: 11 863

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.4lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 188.4lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 60.7lbs

Steps:
    • Monday July 6th: 10 352
    • Tuesday July 7th: 10 306
    • Wednesday July 8: 8 125
    • Thursday July 9: 11 863

Got your steps in! Amazing weight loss this week! You are doing fantastic. 💪🏻
This discussion has been closed.