DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    This may seem insensitive but after a bit of reading on Google I should have been a bit clearer on the prayer request. Actually a lesson learned is I should not have asked for prayer. Sometimes I forget we all do not believe the same. With that said do not offer any prayer. I will keep this less personal and more on weight loss.

There is nothing wrong with asking for a prayer or whatnot ... we are a team and we should be there for each other :)

That is the lesson I learned. As a Christian I should not have asked an open prayer request. It can open the door to huge unbelief. You even said it "or whatnot". The whatnot or prayers to different God's is what I do not want. I was mot wanting to get into this as it can cause trouble.
    Please no prayers for my wife.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! Linda and I have been brainstorming on how to get everyone more active and sharing ideas and we thought it would be fun to see if having an occasional “Question of the Day” would help get conversation going. So let’s give this a try and see how it goes 🤓

myqpzorvmcqh.jpeg

Do you eat your breakfast 🍳, lunch 🥙, and dinner 🥘 at a certain time every day?

I have 4 meals a day.
    Breakfast before 9 am
    Lunch between 12-1pm
    Snack 4-5 pm
    Dinner 7-8 pm and I try to not eat anything after 8.

I’ve tried many different things and this seems to work best for me. On Zumba nights I eat dinner at my snack time as I can’t eat right before a workout (sore tummy if I do) and it’s too late to eat when I’m done. Also when I’m doing IF I stay on the same schedule except I only have coffee at breakfast.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 33 minute walk
    Water: ❌

Steps 7/12 9,066

Self care: no yoga but I did give myself an extra 30 minutes reading my book

I am determined to get my 10,000 steps today. I am still having an issue with my leg today but I will persevere. I went outside for my walk today and got a nice dose of vitamin D.

Have a super day!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm

You can do it Linda! Get those steps in and then some!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)
    290.8 lbs - weighin on 07/11 -- loss = 0.3 lbs -- (17.8 lb total loss to date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000
    07/03 - 3000
    07/04 - 3000
    07/13 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure
    07/01 - not a chance! LOL
    07/02 - Do my Granddaughter's dishes (wash/dry/put away)
    07/03 - 5-Minute Standing Flat-Belly Workout | Class FitSugar
    07/04 - Work outside total of 30 min
    07/13 - Create complete ToDo list; prioritize 2; set goals to accomplish

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Collect all recyclable & put in bin; take bin to curb
    Collect all trash (including from frig), put in bin, take bin to curb
    Yardwork: water hanging plants, prune weeds/tree suckers from front of house
    Create grocery order for delivery from Kroger

So, first day back at it! First day finally free of pain. Going to take it easy for next day or two; get back into doing stretches, walking, and tomorrow add back in yoga. I've lost track of all the things I need to get done so will create a master To-Do list today. There are a couple of items I really need to get started on so will set goals for those two items.

Not even going to try to catch up with all the posts I've missed. Will go back a page or two maybe.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! 🌞

Welcome back! I am so happy to see that you are geeking much better now. It sounds like you’ve got some great goals to ease you back into your routine. I think a to do list is a great idea. I need to do this myself! Looking forward to seeing your updates again ❤️
    Steps-
    7/10 17,970
    7/11 13,419
    7/12 6,399

Happy Monday!

Got your steps in! Wow it’s hard to catch il to you. How do you get so many steps in daily? Happy Monday to you too!
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Weekly Check in:
    PW: 163.9
    CW: 162.7
    GW: 140

I slacked on the fitness challenge and found I liked focusing my exercise on my gym routine, walking or getting outside for something else.

No worries about the fitness challenge. I also struggle adding in to my already heavy workout routine. I love what I do so if I manage to add a little extra great if not I do t stress about it.
    What is everyone's favorite exercise ? It doesn't just have to be 1 ....Mine are walking my dogs (which I haven't done in awhile due to fracturing my foot and having foot surgery) Love swimming and doing aerobics (which I have had to stop since twisting/spraining my ankle last week ) so now I swim almost everyday in my pool ....and I use my "total gym" 3 days a week .....Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's favorite exercise :)

I love running. I never thought I would be able to and I would always watch my friends run 5k’s and 10k’s and I remember being a little envious that they could do it and I couldn’t. I run now at least 4 times a week and at least one of those is a 5k.

I also love my Zumba classes. So much fun and I sweat a lot and burn so many calories each session.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,918 Member
    Options

I love running. I never thought I would be able to and I would always watch my friends run 5k’s and 10k’s and I remember being a little envious that they could do it and I couldn’t. I run now at least 4 times a week and at least one of those is a 5k.

I also love my Zumba classes. So much fun and I sweat a lot and burn so many calories each session.

Great job :)

I use to love running when I was younger... but I ended up getting tendonitis in both knees UGHH

I have Zumba dvd's but have never use them .... with this darn foot of mine I am kinda limited so I do what I can

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    This may seem insensitive but after a bit of reading on Google I should have been a bit clearer on the prayer request. Actually a lesson learned is I should not have asked for prayer. Sometimes I forget we all do not believe the same. With that said do not offer any prayer. I will keep this less personal and more on weight loss.

There is nothing wrong with asking for a prayer or whatnot ... we are a team and we should be there for each other :)

That is the lesson I learned. As a Christian I should not have asked an open prayer request. It can open the door to huge unbelief. You even said it "or whatnot". The whatnot or prayers to different God's is what I do not want. I was mot wanting to get into this as it can cause trouble.
    Please no prayers for my wife.

I do understand what you are saying ...but like I said we should be there for each other .... I am here to support/encourage or just to talk
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    What is everyone's favorite exercise ? It doesn't just have to be 1 ....Mine are walking my dogs (which I haven't done in awhile due to fracturing my foot and having foot surgery) Love swimming and doing aerobics (which I have had to stop since twisting/spraining my ankle last week ) so now I swim almost everyday in my pool ....and I use my "total gym" 3 days a week .....Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's favorite exercise :)

My favourites are walking and swimming. Swimming is not an option right now due to COVID-19 but I am going to learn to like lifting weights again. Gyms are opening on Friday and I am going to get a membership.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

My favourites are walking and swimming. Swimming is not an option right now due to COVID-19 but I am going to learn to like lifting weights again. Gyms are opening on Friday and I am going to get a membership.

Awesome Linda... You are more brave than me .... I have never stepped into a gym .... I love working out at home though and I home school my daughter so it works out for me :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    bz6j18ylgf4b.jpeg

We are thrilled to announce that @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @Marigorringo are our new team motivators. Myself and Mari look forward to working with them to support and motivate the team.

Thanks Linda and Mari I am so happy you thought of me to be a team motivator ... I am excited to support and motivate our team :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day: Do you eat your breakfast 🍳, lunch 🥙, and dinner 🥘 at a certain time every day?

no. usually stay within about an hour or so -- breakfast usually between 7 and 7:30. Lunch anywhere from 12:30 to 2. supper is between 6 pm and 8pm.

Mostly depends on what I'm doing, if I'll be going out, how active I've been.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 ..... I have always loved water ...but drinking tea, coffee ...counts as water too ..... I love adding berries, lemon or lime to my water .... I bought a 24oz cup with a straw .... I fill it will ice ...add lemon or lime juice and fill that baby up 4-6 times a day .... I drink approx. 120 oz of water ...Hoping to see you get your water on :)

I never count my tea or coffee. I drink it black. I usually have 2 or 3 coffees a day. I mostly have tea on the weekends when hubby gets the from Tim Hortons. I am going to start giving myself credit for them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly Check in:
    CW: 162.7
    GW: 140

I slacked on the fitness challenge and found I liked focusing my exercise on my gym routine, walking or getting outside for something else.

Awesome weight loss this week! Sounds like you are doing lots of fitness related activities. I didn’t get a lot of rounds done myself.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Got your steps in. I am so happy to see you back here and hope you can continue checking in with us daily. Let us help you get through these hard times. I know we aren’t there physically to help but we are here to listen and encourage you from afar.
    Thank you! My normal default is to fall back socially a little bit when I'm not doing the best, but I will try to remember that we're all going through our ups and downs here.
    I am glad you are starting to get back to yourself. It’s seems like these bets motivate you so good luck with this one. I agree with Mari about checking in and using the group as a tool to help you.
    Thanks so much! I think this one will be better than concentrating on a number on a scale. Sometimes you can't control what happens with the scale, but I can definitely control getting my steps in. You're both very right that logging in more often will motivate me more and keep me accountable. I have to be more conscious of it.

Steps for 7/11: 5,200
    Steps for 7/12: 9,292
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Team
    So sorry I haven't been on to update, the app on my phone will not even let me in, keeps crashing and I don't have consistent wifi for my laptop right now due to our entire house being torn apart so I have only been trying once a week.
    Weigh in Day Friday
    PW - 230.6
    CW - 231.7 (as of last Friday)

Steps
    7/1 - 12,792
    7/5 - 7,073
    7/6 - 8,345
    7/7 - 9,971
    7/8 - 25,030
    7/9 - 16,938
    7/10 - 8,598
    7/11 - 14,239
    7/12 - 8,780
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Got your steps in. I am so happy to see you back here and hope you can continue checking in with us daily. Let us help you get through these hard times. I know we aren’t there physically to help but we are here to listen and encourage you from afar.
    Thank you! My normal default is to fall back socially a little bit when I'm not doing the best, but I will try to remember that we're all going through our ups and downs here.
    I am glad you are starting to get back to yourself. It’s seems like these bets motivate you so good luck with this one. I agree with Mari about checking in and using the group as a tool to help you.
    Thanks so much! I think this one will be better than concentrating on a number on a scale. Sometimes you can't control what happens with the scale, but I can definitely control getting my steps in. You're both very right that logging in more often will motivate me more and keep me accountable. I have to be more conscious of it.

Steps for 7/11: 5,200
    Steps for 7/12: 9,292

Great steps and I hope you will log on more often :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi Team
    So sorry I haven't been on to update, the app on my phone will not even let me in, keeps crashing and I don't have consistent wifi for my laptop right now due to our entire house being torn apart so I have only been trying once a week.
    Weigh in Day Friday
    PW - 230.6
    CW - 231.7 (as of last Friday)

Steps
    7/1 - 12,792
    7/5 - 7,073
    7/6 - 8,345
    7/7 - 9,971
    7/8 - 25,030
    7/9 - 16,938
    7/10 - 8,598
    7/11 - 14,239
    7/12 - 8,780

Sorry you are having a rough time logging on ....awesome steps ...well done :)
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Favorite exercise:
    I love walking- with the dog at a leisurely pace, higher intensity a few times a week
    SUP- meditative, stress reducer, connection to nature
    Gym- lifting heavy things, get the heart rate up, achieving goals of getting stronger
    Hiking- exploring trails
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just realized that I posted the wrong weight to my check in this week. Here's the correction:
    CW: 163.7
    I guess it was a hopeful typo in the previous entry!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Favorite exercise:
    I love walking- with the dog at a leisurely pace, higher intensity a few times a week
    SUP- meditative, stress reducer, connection to nature
    Gym- lifting heavy things, get the heart rate up, achieving goals of getting stronger
    Hiking- exploring trails

Awesome ...those all sound amazing :)
This discussion has been closed.