• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 33 minute walk
    Water: ❌

Steps 7/12 9,066

Self care: no yoga but I did give myself an extra 30 minutes reading my book

I am determined to get my 10,000 steps today. I am still having an issue with my leg today but I will persevere. I went outside for my walk today and got a nice dose of vitamin D.

Have a super day!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)
    290.8 lbs - weighin on 07/11 -- loss = 0.3 lbs -- (17.8 lb total loss to date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000
    07/03 - 3000
    07/04 - 3000
    07/13 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure
    07/01 - not a chance! LOL
    07/02 - Do my Granddaughter's dishes (wash/dry/put away)
    07/03 - 5-Minute Standing Flat-Belly Workout | Class FitSugar
    07/04 - Work outside total of 30 min
    07/13 - Create complete ToDo list; prioritize 2; set goals to accomplish

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Collect all recyclable & put in bin; take bin to curb
    Collect all trash (including from frig), put in bin, take bin to curb
    Yardwork: water hanging plants, prune weeds/tree suckers from front of house
    Create grocery order for delivery from Kroger

So, first day back at it! First day finally free of pain. Going to take it easy for next day or two; get back into doing stretches, walking, and tomorrow add back in yoga. I've lost track of all the things I need to get done so will create a master To-Do list today. There are a couple of items I really need to get started on so will set goals for those two items.

Not even going to try to catch up with all the posts I've missed. Will go back a page or two maybe.

Hope Y'all have a great day!! 🌞
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps-
    7/10 17,970
    7/11 13,419
    7/12 6,399

Happy Monday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I overate today. With that said I bought a large exercise ball to help with crunches. I used to be the sit up king. After I started losing weight it literally got harder to do anything close to a sit up. I'm not sure what's up with that. Tomorrow is a new day. Let the adventure begin.
    I'm not sure if anybody in this group prays but if you could lift my wife up in prayer. She fell and it's bad enough the doctor said it's not broken but treat it as if it is.
    ni7qkab3438c.jpg

I will do ho'oponopono for her ;)

What is a ho'oponopono?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! Linda and I have been brainstorming on how to get everyone more active and sharing ideas and we thought it would be fun to see if having an occasional “Question of the Day” would help get conversation going. So let’s give this a try and see how it goes 🤓

myqpzorvmcqh.jpeg

Do you eat your breakfast 🍳, lunch 🥙, and dinner 🥘 at a certain time every day?

I do not eat breakfast but I do drink coffee with my version of keto vanilla cream and butter (aka bulletproof coffee for Keto'ers) and that ties me over until lunch time between 12-12:30...... then I have dinner around 5-6pm ...and around 7pm I will have a ice coffee ...or nuts :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @19shmoo69 ...your wife is in my thoughts
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @cesse47 Terrific loss ....Well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 ..... I have always loved water ...but drinking tea, coffee ...counts as water too ..... I love adding berries, lemon or lime to my water .... I bought a 24oz cup with a straw .... I fill it will ice ...add lemon or lime juice and fill that baby up 4-6 times a day .... I drink approx. 120 oz of water ...Hoping to see you get your water on :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    This may seem insensitive but after a bit of reading on Google I should have been a bit clearer on the prayer request. Actually a lesson learned is I should not have asked for prayer. Sometimes I forget we all do not believe the same. With that said do not offer any prayer. I will keep this less personal and more on weight loss.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    This may seem insensitive but after a bit of reading on Google I should have been a bit clearer on the prayer request. Actually a lesson learned is I should not have asked for prayer. Sometimes I forget we all do not believe the same. With that said do not offer any prayer. I will keep this less personal and more on weight loss.

There is nothing wrong with asking for a prayer or whatnot ... we are a team and we should be there for each other :)
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check in:
    PW: 163.9
    CW: 162.7
    GW: 140

I slacked on the fitness challenge and found I liked focusing my exercise on my gym routine, walking or getting outside for something else.
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Question of the Day:Do you eat your breakfast 🍳, lunch 🥙, and dinner 🥘 at a certain time every day?
    Breakfast and Lunch are fairly routine during the week:
    Breakfast is at 7:00 and Lunch b/t 12:00-12:30.
    Dinner varies depending on work but I typically walk the dog and then do my exercise and then eat dinner b/t 7-8.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    Weekly Check in:
    PW: 163.9
    CW: 162.7
    GW: 140

I slacked on the fitness challenge and found I liked focusing my exercise on my gym routine, walking or getting outside for something else.

Great loss ....Congrats :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2020
    Options
    What is everyone's favorite exercise ? It doesn't just have to be 1 ....Mine are walking my dogs (which I haven't done in awhile due to fracturing my foot and having foot surgery) Love swimming and doing aerobics (which I have had to stop since twisting/spraining my ankle last week ) so now I swim almost everyday in my pool ....and I use my "total gym" 3 days a week .....Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's favorite exercise :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hi sorry I'm late 😟.
    PW....220
    Cw....219
    Loss of 3lbs...go me 😁😁😁
    Steps have increased slightly to 35415.
    Took my food for work and drank lots of water.
    This has been a much better week for me. I was under calories for 5 days and only just over for 2 days. This was due to having 2 grandsons stay lol. Honestly they force fed me a KFC.
    This week I'm hoping for a similar week but with increased steps.
    Well done everyone and have a great week ❤❤

That amount of steps in one day?
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Good morning family!
    Or as we say in my family Egun on!
    I just came from the dietist. Poor woman, she is having struggles with me.
    She told me that in doing everything really good except for one thing: I NEED TO MANAGE TO EAT THE 1600 Calories
    We have been brainstorming to see how can I manage to eat that many calories (in a healthy way of course) And we end up with the idea of eating 6 times a day instead of 5.
    See, for breakfast I can eat a breakfast buffet and still have room for more, but the rest of the day I'm almost pushing food trough my mouth. I can drink and drink and drink but not eat.
    So my big Huge challenge this week will be to eat EVERYTHING that is in my diet. EEEEEEEVEEERYYYTHIIIINNGG.
    That's going to be a tricky one but I will manage 💪

I know one thing that helped me when I was trying to get into a routine of eating regularly was I actually scheduled the time of my meal and snacks. The night before I would plan out what I was going to eat so I knew I was eating enough. It is kind of strict at first but after awhile I was able to do this without being so rigid.

I planned everything. I even did a nice menu and everything but I dont follow it.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    I overate today. With that said I bought a large exercise ball to help with crunches. I used to be the sit up king. After I started losing weight it literally got harder to do anything close to a sit up. I'm not sure what's up with that. Tomorrow is a new day. Let the adventure begin.
    I'm not sure if anybody in this group prays but if you could lift my wife up in prayer. She fell and it's bad enough the doctor said it's not broken but treat it as if it is.
    ni7qkab3438c.jpg

I will do ho'oponopono for her ;)

What is a ho'oponopono?

https://medium.com/@vanicetoassa/hooponopono-what-it-is-how-it-works-benefits-and-more-b3fe5f3031e5
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    What is everyone's favorite exercise ? It doesn't just have to be 1 ....Mine are walking my dogs (which I haven't done in awhile due to fracturing my foot and having foot surgery) Love swimming and doing aerobics (which I have had to stop since twisting/spraining my ankle last week ) so now I swim almost everyday in my pool ....and I use my "total gym" 3 days a week .....Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's favorite exercise :)

Dancing. I love dancing in all the varieties.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Dancing. I love dancing in all the varieties.

That is awesome ..... as a kid I was in all kinds of dance classes ..at the time I didn't care for it but now I wish I would of stuck with it
This discussion has been closed.