DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    I tried to workout to my Country Heat DVD.... I could only do 30 minutes due to my ankle I twisted/sprained last Tuesday ..at least I tried :)

Great job trying! Sounds like a fun workout.

Thanks Linda .... It is a fun workout once you know the moves :)

I am pretty uncoordinated so I would be tripping over my own feet. It would be good for a laugh.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: ❌
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/14 3,739

You can see by my steps I didn’t do much yesterday. I think part of the problem is my sleep is really getting broken due to the issue with my shoulder. I have to stop procrastinating and phone my rheumatologist about getting a cortisone shot. I am my own worst enemy.

I need some suggestions on a new drink choice. I usually drink diet ice tea or club soda. The last few weeks I have not been able to get them at the supermarket. I haven’t been able to get ice tea in over a month. The big problem is my craving for coke cola is coming back as I have replaced my bad addiction to pop with these drinks. I don’t like Diet Coke or any other diet pop. Any suggestions? I do drink a fair amount of water already.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm

Seltzer water is what I drink. There are several brands and flavors.

I have put it on my grocery list. 😊
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop pushups
    5 sets of 10 reps of leaning against the countertop planks
    5 sets of 10 reps of jumping jacks
    5 sets of 10 reps of modified bicycle crunches. (I cannot use the exercise ball I bought as I kept falling/rolling off of it. But hey, my teens love it. They sit and bounce for hours. Lol)(I'm mot sure I did the reps correct but at least my face is not purple any more.)
    2 sets of 10 reps of lunges. (My right knee cannot do them. I'll have to find something else to do.)

That’s a great job. I do my pushups leaning against the wall. I am going to try the countertop.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Well, the stuff in job has been worked out. All ok now. I really like Noom so far. Its helping me analyze my habits and triggers. I like the coaching they provide it gives me accountability.

Just tracking still weighing in on Sundays😉

PW 182.1
    CW 180.1

Steps

7/14 24581
    7/15 4386

Is Noom expensive? From the little I have seen in advertising is they use cognitive behaviour therapy. Is that correct because CBT works really well? Your weight is coming down nicely. Almost to a new decade!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Thank you guys so much for the supportive words... I'm getting back to my better self little by little. I bought a bicycle today! I haven't had one since I was in middle school and it was literally more than double the price it sells for retail, but I really wanted it so I went for it. My weigh-in for today...

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Starting Weight: 229.0
    Previous weight: 214.0
    Current weight: 211.4

(and yes, the avatar change is because I had myself a WFH midlife crisis and dyed my hair purple!)

What an amazing loss this week! I am glad you are feeling better and I am sure you will have some great adventures on your bike. I bet the purple hair looks great.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    hbdb8cj1mzjy.jpeg
    Overdue weigh ins
    @ainniss77

Thursday’s weigh in
    @888Angie888
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 + 37 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 7/15 12,037

Self care: I cooked sweet and sour chicken, stir fry veggies and rice. This is one of my favourite meals!

I got up and did my walk right away. I walked just shy of 45 minutes. Today or tomorrow was supposed to be a beach day but it’s rain showers today and my daughter has to work tomorrow. There is always next week.

The gym that I was looking into is opening on Monday. As they are a small gym so you have to book your gym time in advance and can only stay for an hour. I am not sure I want to work out on a schedule. The bigger gyms are too far away and my husband has the car every day. Do any of you guys have to schedule your gym time in advance? Is an hour enough time to get a good workout? Maybe it is what I need and then I can’t procrastinate. Procrastination is one of my worst flaws.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    Great job Everyone .........Congrats to all of you losing weight this week :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I would like for you all to know me a little better since I am new as of last month with this group ...... My name is Megan .... I was born in Canada (Alberta) I was adopted at 9 weeks old ..... I have lived in California most of my life ... I have 2 kids .. a 20 year old son and a 14 year old daughter (whom I home school)... I am a single mom ...been divorced since 2005 .... I am an animal lover .... I have 2 cats (almost 15 years old) ... 2 dogs (German Shepherd named Dakota) and a Siberian Husky named Aspen they will be 3 years old in Oct. and Dec. ...and I have a parrot named Petey :) .... growing up I was the skinny one ..... as soon as I had kids I ballooned up ....when I delivered my son I was 240 ..got down to about 150 ..then got preggo with my daughter ...back up to 240 .....I have been on this site off and on since 2009... I had a bad habit of letting things get in my way (3 deaths in 2009/2010) gave up and deleted my account ..... I kept coming back but gave up so many times and deleting my accounts ....so I made this account Dec. 2018 ready to start on Jan. 1st 2019 and bam I was sick ....couldn't breathe ( I had bad asthma and I smoked for 30+ years) I know not the smartest thing I have done ....anyway after a week of not feeling good/not being able to catch my breathe .... my roomate took me to the ER .... I had the flu so I was admitted ...I was there for 9 days (never being away from my daughter) ...I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes ... and later I found out I also had pneumonia ...Fast forward to today ... I have been smoked free since Jan. 2019 .... I am back on Keto .... I have lost 30 lbs ...I still have over 100 lbs to lose ....I promised myself never again with I give up on myself again ....I have been logging in over 500 days ....so this is me in a nutshell .........Looking forward to getting to know each and everyone of you :)

Nice to know more of you :)

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

The scales were not in my favor...although this is totally on me for slacking last weekend and beyond. At least I didn't jump a decade😉. Better days ahead.

PW: 246.4
    CW: 249.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

The scales were not in my favor...although this is totally on me for slacking last weekend and beyond. At least I didn't jump a decade😉. Better days ahead.

I am sure it will come off next week ... :) At least you are not giving up like I have done soooo many times
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    7/16 steps 23217
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Thanks for the optimism @Megan_smartiepants1970 !
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

You know why this happened so next week you got this. I don’t think the scales will be in my favour tomorrow morning either. All part of the ups and downs of this journey.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    7/16 steps 23217

Amazing steps ..well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thanks for the optimism @Megan_smartiepants1970 !

You are very welcome :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

You know why this happened so next week you got this. I don’t think the scales will be in my favour tomorrow morning either. All part of the ups and downs of this journey.

Crosses fingers , toes and eyes that you lose tomorrow :)
  • 888Angie888
    Options
    Thanks also @lindamtuck2018 . I do know that if I stick to my allotted calories and get a little exercise, the weight comes off. The trick is convincing myself to do that consistently 😉. Oh the ups and downs...shooting for down the next week!
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, the stuff in job has been worked out. All ok now. I really like Noom so far. Its helping me analyze my habits and triggers. I like the coaching they provide it gives me accountability.

Just tracking still weighing in on Sundays😉

PW 182.1
    CW 180.1

Steps

7/14 24581
    7/15 4386

Is Noom expensive? From the little I have seen in advertising is they use cognitive behaviour therapy. Is that correct because CBT works really well? Your weight is coming down nicely. Almost to a new decade!

You are correct, Noom does help you by retraining your thought processes. I jist started. It's a lot to take in but they do it in a way that is fun and I look forward to each days lessons. I'm on a trial right now but its about $80.00 every 3 months.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Wednesday, July 15

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: Gym (❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 2,250 L ✅
    •Steps: 8,777 ❌
    •Self-Care: did not cook myself my favorite meal ❌

Check-In: Thursday, July 16

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: None ❌
    •Water: 2 L ✅
    •Steps: 9,100 ❌
    •Self-Care: nothing. ❌

TGIF team. I’m so sorry I’ve haven’t checked in in a couple of days here.

We’ve started packing here at home and started making trips to the dumpsters and I’m so tired and sore all over. My hip has flared up and it’s only the beginning. I’m sorry to say but I don’t think I’ll be able to catch up with you guys as much as I would like for the next few weeks but I am still here and am still doing the step challenge and helping our amazing captain and new motivators as much as I can. I have not been doing good with food the past few days. I actually had my first McDonald’s last night and it was the first time Since March I think if not earlier in the year. I really dislike it. Hope it’s the last one for the year. My tummy is so bad now and I’ve decided to get fully back on IF as of today. I may not weigh in tomorrow. I’m considering skipping this week due to my hip. I know when my body is sore like this my weight spikes big time.

Anyway wishing you all a great Friday. I won’t do individual check ins today but I’ve seen you all I’ve ready all your posts. Keep on keeping on team and stay strong ❤️❤️❤️

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
This discussion has been closed.