Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    The WEEK 2 Challenge is up! Time to play some fitness bingo :smiley:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10806574/week-2-challenge-bingo#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    8/9 Steps: 5838
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, here for a Monday check in.

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 250.8. I'm happy to see those digits and hoping they'll stay and continue to go down! I still did multiple days of walking and one day of level 1 30 day shred Jillian Michaels so I feel I'm retaining some activity despite my food not being that great this past week. Let's see what fluctuations get me next week :)
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Aug 10 week 2 weigh in
    Pw-292
    Cw-288
    Ltd-71
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all
    PW....222
    CW.....221
    LOSS OF 1LB
    STEPS....45,793
    WELL IM PLEASED WITH THAT SMALL LOSS. Was a big birthday for hubby so meal out and a huge chocolate, malteasers and Toblerone birthday cake. I loved it lol. We went away for a few days walked loads but also drank loads of alcohol. Ate out for 2 nights too.
    Hubby bought me a notebook Be Your Healthiest Yet. I started it today. So I'm determined now as no eating excuses now 🤣🤣.
    Congratulations to all who lost, gained, stayed the same as you still came on here and posted.
    Lots of love 💘 💕

Great job on the loss! That birthday cake sounds delicious. Here’s to a great week!

cesse47 wrote: »
    Check In - Sunday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

So far so good. I did manage to get thru last night with no late snacks and kept calories under as desired. Drank a ton of water!! Today going well thus far. Plan to have supper at 6:30 and plan no late night snacks! Keeping fingers crossed I succeed.

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday

This is great. I know you can keep this up all week.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Just coming in again to share I'm celebrating a NSV today. I have a pair of pants that I bought a couple of months ago in a size too small for me. I tried them on every weigh in and a couple weeks ago I was able to put them on. It felt great to pull them up all the way but they were way too tight to actually wear out anywhere. Yesterday (my weigh in day) I pulled them up and they felt really good! We had plans to spend the day at my parents house today and I've been wearing them all day with no problem!!

I love non scale victories! That is also a great idea to buy something to work towards fitting into.

draby2011 wrote: »
    August 9th: 4,878 steps.

I didn't sleep well last night. Think the phentermine is keeping me up so today I did a simple home workout that combined strength and cardio. Have a meeting tomorrow morning with the personal trainer. I am going to take a sleep aid to help me get some sleep tonight.

Feeling good again today. WAYYY more energy and already seeing improvements in my stamina.

Have a good night guys!

I am glad that you are getting more energy. I hope your meeting goes well with your personal trainer.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

This morning on the scale I weighed in at 250.8. I'm happy to see those digits and hoping they'll stay and continue to go down! I still did multiple days of walking and one day of level 1 30 day shred Jillian Michaels so I feel I'm retaining some activity despite my food not being that great this past week. Let's see what fluctuations get me next week :)

Nice loss this week. I never have tried the Jillian Michaels shred but it must be intense. When I used to watch the biggest loser I always said if I ever had a trainer I wanted someone like her.
    rhaaa wrote: »
    Aug 10 week 2 weigh in
    Pw-292
    Cw-288
    Ltd-71

Awesome loss this week! You are so close to 75 pounds gone. Amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

What triggers are in your environment that sabotage your eating and exercise? What do you do to overcome these triggers?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: None
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,408

It is going to be crazy busy the next few days. I am still struggling with the late night eating. All I know is I am gaining weight at a far rapid rate than I ever lost so I need to get a grip. I think I have to dig deeper into my bag of tricks to overcome this one.

Daily goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. 9,000 steps
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. No late night snacking
    5. 72 ounces of water
    6. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Great job ..... Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is not easy .... I did it in the past but of course I didn't do all 30 days ..That is something I will do in the future when I do not have anymore fractures in my feet :)
    rhaaa wrote: »
    Aug 10 week 2 weigh in
    Pw-292
    Cw-288
    Ltd-71

Great loss ............Congrats :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ratdon3hylbq.jpeg

What triggers are in your environment that sabotage your eating and exercise? What do you do to overcome these triggers?

If I do not plan ahead or meal prep ...then I grab things that I shouldn't .... In the past if I had 1 meal that was not healthy then I would give up and gain all my weight back and then some
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sunday’s check in

It is going to be crazy busy the next few days. I am still struggling with the late night eating. All I know is I am gaining weight at a far rapid rate than I ever lost so I need to get a grip. I think I have to dig deeper into my bag of tricks to overcome this one.

Daily goals
    2. 9,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water

Have you thought about shifting your calorie distribution to allow you an after dinner snack? I understand not wanting to be mindlessly eating snacks at night but if you enjoy having a snack at night you could try to fit one in maybe. I enjoy having a snack after my kids go to bed so I save for one. I do IF and eat two meals during the afternoon/evening sometimes a small snack between meals if my first meal was light. At night I usually have anywhere from 100 to 300 calories left for the day and I pick what I want to snack on while I watch something downstairs with my husband.
    I know late night snacking is toted as evil in the diet world but if it's planned and not mindless I think there is a difference.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Sunday’s check in

Daily goals
    2. 9,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water

Sorry you are still struggling with late night eating .... I know in the past Fiber and Protein kept me full ... Maybe try an apple and peanut butter as your last snack in the evening ....Wishing you the very best ............hugs
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post August 9
    Tracked: Yes
    Under calorie: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Steps: 2910
    Water: 108oz

We spent the day at my parents house, relaxed, played cards, ate dinner. It was a true rest day for me and it was nice.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    f9e0wm51rvbw.png
    x1s6wbqkm1jj.png
    vt7x9v5n4khr.png
    i9eur8vylvvn.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.48%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.38%
    3rd Downsizers 0.64%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 26.8 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 22.9 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 22.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @krupalip 3.45 %
    2nd @alanpeisakoff 2.93%
    3rd @TASCascalho 2.70 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @alanpeisakoff 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @TASCascalho 5.3 Lbs
    3rd @timibotkin 5.2 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Bettyboag
    @nicholeisme
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @Tazaria87
    @28Haveitall2020
    @Melzz19
    @goingape
    @cherrymajoni
    @Jactop

cfznc2z75177.png

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Check In - Monday
    PW 289.4
    CW 294.8

Got thru last night with only 1 small snack ... a couple of lifesavers. Today has been good thus far. Going Up North for an overnight stay at a hotel with small group of friends. Have checked the menu and have preplanned my supper. Also, taking an orange to have as a snack in my room. Plan to drink only bottled water while I'm there which is provided free ... plan to stay away from the free pop and mixed drinks. Breakfast should be ok ... omelette with dry toast. Keeping fingers crossed!! So far this week ... keeping on track!!

Steps -- 3000 each on Saturday and Sunday
    Monday 3000
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry I need a correction. I wasn’t totally awake when I posted this morning
    Pw-292
    Cw-289
    Total loss to date 71
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Stephanie. I apologize for being so late in joining and missing the first weigh. I was sick last week but I am doing better now. Still recovering a little.

The only upside to being sick is losing some weight, now if I can just keep that weight off once I get fully better that will be good!

A little about me.. I am 32 years old and single, no kids. I work as a bank teller, so a very sedentary job. I enjoy relaxing with my close friends, watching tv shows, playing music/singing and photography. I have been obese for the majority of my life. I feel like a professional yo-yo dieter, lose some weight just to go back to where I started if not heavier.

I'm 5ft7in and my highest weight I recall is around 380 pounds. My starting weight for this challenge is 367.8 and I chose my weigh in days to be Friday. My goal for August is to get under 360 pounds. I want to take it slower this time and hoping to be able to stick with it more.

One of my biggest struggles with weight loss is emotional eating. As an introvert I tend to bottle up my emotions often. Therefore food is a comfort for me. I really do need to fix my relationship with food and I need to learn to let my emotions out more.

I'm excited about this group because I need that accountability! Weight loss is something that is so difficult to do on your own! Now that I'm starting to feel better I am going to try to be more active on here and give support to others! I look forward to this challenge and getting to know everyone!

Feel free to add me as a friend on here!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Sunday’s check in

Daily goals
    2. 9,000 steps
    5. 72 ounces of water

Have you thought about shifting your calorie distribution to allow you an after dinner snack? I understand not wanting to be mindlessly eating snacks at night but if you enjoy having a snack at night you could try to fit one in maybe. I enjoy having a snack after my kids go to bed so I save for one. I do IF and eat two meals during the afternoon/evening sometimes a small snack between meals if my first meal was light. At night I usually have anywhere from 100 to 300 calories left for the day and I pick what I want to snack on while I watch something downstairs with my husband.
    I know late night snacking is toted as evil in the diet world but if it's planned and not mindless I think there is a difference.

I do have a snack around 7:30 every night. I don’t think it is even so much the fact I am hungry but it is like my body is on autopilot when this happens. Maybe I will try to push my snack to a little later in the evening maybe 8:30 or 9 pm. It is definitely mindless snacking I am doing bordering on a full out binge. Thank you for the suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.