Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

What is your go to comfort food and how do you keep it under control?

I find comfort in ALL foods. Mostly warm cooked carbs, mac n cheese, garlic bread, any kind of pasta. I control it, most recently, by avoiding them completely. When I can't I usually limit myself to once or twice a week only.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

Russian Salad, Pasta salad... If im eating it twice a week I promise myself i won't eat that at least until the next week
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okay I have been slacking a bit in preparation for the next 4 days but here is my steps for the last 3:

Monday: 5,311
    Tuesday: 4,504
    Wednesday: 3,913 (as of now, still have a lot to do though!)

I made a couple things to pack for meals over the next 4 days (12 hour shifts + plus an hour drive each way so I have to bring a lot of things with me!) Also excited that with me working at the hospital I will DEFINITELY be increasing my water intake! I won't be able to go to the gym those days but I am SURE I will get my steps in.

Hope ya'll have been having a great time and are successful in your journey. :)
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Friday through Monday I did not log at all. I did start logging yesterday and today. Both days I have stayed under calories! It might be barely under, but I made it!

There has been so many times I have wanted to get fast food over the past couple days but I know my weigh in is coming up on Friday. That is really what is keeping me going. I usually weigh everyday but after my not so great weekend of unhealthy eating, I'll just save it til Friday.

Hoping I can stay strong tomorrow. Even if I don't lose much, if I can still stay at the same weight, I will call that a victory.

I have not done any exercises over this week. I need to try and do something even if it is just a little bit.

My goal for tomorrow is to log, stay under calories, and get 30 minutes of physical activity in. Not sure what that will be yet... maybe 15 - 20 minutes of walking and 10 - 15 minutes of a dance/cardio video. Also, no fast food!!

Stay strong team!! You got this!
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

An easier question may be what is NOT my comfort food?!

But if I were to choose a comfort food, it would be ice cream. Especially mixed with a candy like Reese's and M&M's. I really struggle with keeping this under control. The best way for me is to avoid it. That way my craving for it seems to go down. Also I may substitute something sweet for it, like make my own smoothie, such as a chocolate/peanut butter with banana.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ugh... I was on a Zoom call this afternoon and said something about it being Friday... nah, it's Wednesday. Dang it! Well, this is what enjoying my mother's 80th birthday party did to me. I'm sorry, but not that sorry. Sorry enough to correct it as soon as I can, though!

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 207.2
    CW: 208.4
    LTD: 23.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    8/19 Steps: 3000
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Morning All.... well I guess I have over did it the past 2 days ... I have a headache and sore throat ....this couldn't of come at the worst time .... Podiatrist appt. in the morning and we start back up with home schooling in the morning .... not sure if I am sick due to most of California being on fire or if I am just drained ...no workouts for me ...lots of fluids I am even making keto version of egg drop soup for lunch and plenty of rest ......I hope everyone else is doing good

I said this on the main page too, sore throat and headache are signs of COVID. Get tested just to be safe. My Mom had it and it is not pleasant. I hope you feel better soon!

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I have forgotten to stop by and hold myself accountable. Well her goes, it was a disappointing week, while my weight has gone down, I will still post my exact weight on Monday 🥺

Monday 8/17 weight: 235.8 😵
    Steps:
    8/14:8,055
    8/15:4,536 😔
    8/16: 6,305
    8/17: 7,096
    8/18: 6,153
    Water: a minimum of 40 ounces, not including what’s used for my morning coffee ☕️
    Have I been tracking? Everyday! Sometimes I forget to put dinner, but I try to catch up the next day.
    Do I exercise? Yes! EVERYDAY! This week has been a struggle, but I have been getting it in.
    Goals: I have to get back to my minimum of 10,000 steps a day (Monday-Friday) so I will make it a point to get it at least for the next two days. In addition, tracking every little morsel.

On the positive side your weight already is decreasing. You are doing everything right. I thing tracking is so important and you have that down pat.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Okay I have been slacking a bit in preparation for the next 4 days but here is my steps for the last 3:

Monday: 5,311
    Tuesday: 4,504
    Wednesday: 3,913 (as of now, still have a lot to do though!)

I made a couple things to pack for meals over the next 4 days (12 hour shifts + plus an hour drive each way so I have to bring a lot of things with me!) Also excited that with me working at the hospital I will DEFINITELY be increasing my water intake! I won't be able to go to the gym those days but I am SURE I will get my steps in.

Hope ya'll have been having a great time and are successful in your journey. :)

You have some crazy long days coming up. Great job on preparing meals ahead of time. All those steps will give you exercise.

Friday through Monday I did not log at all. I did start logging yesterday and today. Both days I have stayed under calories! It might be barely under, but I made it!

There has been so many times I have wanted to get fast food over the past couple days but I know my weigh in is coming up on Friday. That is really what is keeping me going. I usually weigh everyday but after my not so great weekend of unhealthy eating, I'll just save it til Friday.

Hoping I can stay strong tomorrow. Even if I don't lose much, if I can still stay at the same weight, I will call that a victory.

I have not done any exercises over this week. I need to try and do something even if it is just a little bit.

My goal for tomorrow is to log, stay under calories, and get 30 minutes of physical activity in. Not sure what that will be yet... maybe 15 - 20 minutes of walking and 10 - 15 minutes of a dance/cardio video. Also, no fast food!!

Stay strong team!! You got this!

Don’t beat yourself up for those days. You have started doing what you need to do again and you accomplished those goals the last few days. You can meet your goals the rest of the week. Take it one day at a time.

w79rql8y4bfv.jpeg

An easier question may be what is NOT my comfort food?!

But if I were to choose a comfort food, it would be ice cream. Especially mixed with a candy like Reese's and M&M's. I really struggle with keeping this under control. The best way for me is to avoid it. That way my craving for it seems to go down. Also I may substitute something sweet for it, like make my own smoothie, such as a chocolate/peanut butter with banana.

When you mentioned M&M’s my heart starts beating a little faster. The peanut ones are a forbidden food in my house.

missGYST wrote: »
    ugh... I was on a Zoom call this afternoon and said something about it being Friday... nah, it's Wednesday. Dang it! Well, this is what enjoying my mother's 80th birthday party did to me. I'm sorry, but not that sorry. Sorry enough to correct it as soon as I can, though!

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 207.2
    CW: 208.4
    LTD: 23.8

Just a hiccup in this weight loss journey. Glad your Mom’s birthday was great.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rvta7wrs7f7i.jpeg
    Overdue
    @wbs2020
    @dness1203
    @summer_jt

Thursday’s weigh in
    @888Angie888
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 253.0
    CW: 253.0
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
    Water:✅
    Steps: 9,858

Last night was my second night of not binge/late night eating. I know I was so tired last night I fell into bed and didn’t move until this morning so that might of helped. I tried to move most of the furniture myself in our place and I am very sore today. My weight will be up tomorrow and I don’t think I will get any surprises like last week. We have to eat out again today and that will be three days in a row. I am very bloated from the sodium. I am going to try and drink more water than usual today and see if that helps.

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

AUGUST WEEK 2 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 509,119 STEPS
    (previous week was 569,668)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@marigorringo - 92,434 steps
    @mari_moulin - 87,085 steps
    @Tazaria87 - 59,950 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming!!
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Weekly weight check!

###### Last Week ########
    So, last week this was the status:

zglrr96o9cum.png

Did not considered a good week given the amount of weight loss but I tried to shift my focus to the BF% lost.

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 6.6 lbs (3 Kg)

#######################
    ###### This Week ########

Now, this week, this is the current status so far:

su19eisiekeg.png

Started up the week with 87.1 Kg, which I was not expecting since I was losing. Tried hard on the workouts and reduced a bit the calories and it worked. Since I sweat a lot in the gym, water retention has increased my weight a bit, hence the huge drop from 20th to 21st.

So, the official weight in is:

PW (Previous Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 188.9 lbs (85.7 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 7.5 lbs (3.4 Kg)

• melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Question:
    Does anyone else use this app? It is called FitOn and I got it for my iPhone, it is a free app with a variety of workouts. I want to know if anyone else has had any success with it? 71wo7qrlvsvk.png
  • jenmurphy3
    jenmurphy3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know I had a good day of making healthy choices when I reach for a candy bar (Dove Dark Chocolate) and I didn’t eat it 😧 That doesn’t happen often, holey cow, I just need many more days like this and I’ll definitely be on the road to success!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly weight check!

###### Last Week ########
    So, last week this was the status:

zglrr96o9cum.png

Did not considered a good week given the amount of weight loss but I tried to shift my focus to the BF% lost.

PW (Previous Weight): 191.1 lbs (86.7 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 6.6 lbs (3 Kg)

#######################
    ###### This Week ########

Now, this week, this is the current status so far:

su19eisiekeg.png

Started up the week with 87.1 Kg, which I was not expecting since I was losing. Tried hard on the workouts and reduced a bit the calories and it worked. Since I sweat a lot in the gym, water retention has increased my weight a bit, hence the huge drop from 20th to 21st.

So, the official weight in is:

PW (Previous Weight): 189.8 lbs (86.1 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 188.9 lbs (85.7 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 7.5 lbs (3.4 Kg)

Great job on the loss! Water retention is a pesky thing. Being aware that it has caused a jump in weight is important. It is great you are keeping track of all the data. Is it a spreadsheet you made up yourself?

Question:
    Does anyone else use this app? It is called FitOn and I got it for my iPhone, it is a free app with a variety of workouts. I want to know if anyone else has had any success with it? 71wo7qrlvsvk.png

I have never used it but keep the group posted on how you like it.

jenmurphy3 wrote: »
    I know I had a good day of making healthy choices when I reach for a candy bar (Dove Dark Chocolate) and I didn’t eat it 😧 That doesn’t happen often, holey cow, I just need many more days like this and I’ll definitely be on the road to success!

That is impressive. If there was a bag of peanut M&M’s near me I don’t think I would have that willpower. Just keep taking it one day at a time and you will have a lot of days like this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water:✅
    Steps: 9,021

PW 200.8
    CW 200.8

Another gift on the scales this week. This was definitely a weird week for eating. One one hand I have managed 3 nights of no binge eating/ snacking but due to unusual circumstances I ate out 3 days in a row. I am amazed I stayed the same. My weight actually dropped almost 3 pounds from yesterday. The only good thing was even with the eating out I did stay within my calories. Back to eating normal today. I need some fruit and veggies.

Have a great start to the weekend!

Daily goals
    1. No late night snacking/binge eating
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job on the loss! Water retention is a pesky thing. Being aware that it has caused a jump in weight is important. It is great you are keeping track of all the data. Is it a spreadsheet you made up yourself?

Yap, I am a little bit of data OCD so I have created a spreadsheet and over the years been updating it.

I am now shifting the mentally to start using averages, I believe it is more accurate due to daily weight fluctuations.

For example:

rvjkz8ayxmqn.png

I think it brings clarity on your progress and it does not kill your motivation when you get water retention and you gain 1 kg magically from one day to the other. :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.