Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
a0pnfbmpmq83.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for July 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:

Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Will all of our team members (old and newcomers) post an introduction of themselves by Saturday August 1st please? Here are some questions that you can include in your introductions. What is your favorite workouts? What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ? Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories? How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight? Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey? What are your triggers and what motivates you the most? What do you expect to gain from your team? How can we make our team better? Thank you for participating and making our team awesome .... Let's get ready to show August who is boss :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers August team chat! My name is Linda and I am on of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Mari @mari_moulin. We have 2 awesome motivators, Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 and Ziortza @Marigorringo.

I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. I am planning a trip to Scotland in October for my granddaughter’s first birthday. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019. I have been with F2F since I started. I have lost 62 pounds so far and have another 60 to go. I count calories and I faithfully log all my food. In June, I started doing Intermittent fasting. For exercise, I mostly walk. I wanted to start going to the gym but my shoulder injury has flared up again. This team helps me stay focused and I am excited to be sharing this process with all of you. Usually, I post my monthly goals here but I am just going to go with my daily goals in my check ins.

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Mari will be posting more about this later

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge,
    recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tiffany. I have been on and off for about 6 years. I lost about 100 pounds on keto about 4 years ago before my youngest child fell ill. Since then, it has been a battle to lose it again and keep it off. I just recently had my gallbladder out and so I have had to completely change my diet around (otherwise I was in pain again and could not stop vomiting). Also found out that an arrhythmia I had previously has returned and I owe that to my weight gain. I am now following a low-fat diet and am actually down about 33 pounds since March. (Which was a HUGE surprise to myself! YAY!) I am slowly incorporating exercise into my plan since I am still technically "healing" from surgery so I have been doing walks and added some sprinting daily. Will increase as medically possible. I am here to reach my goal and get healthy for me, my kids, and my family. (That fight against genetics is strong!)

Anywho, I have decided to weigh in on Saturdays so I will make sure to do that in the morning! Have a wonderful evening and I look forward to getting to know everyone! :smile:
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

PW (Previous Weight): 131,2 kg = 289,2 kg
    CW (Current Weight): 131,2 kg = 289,2 kg
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    My steps in July were quite good but I wanna go better in August

1) ... 24.135 steps
    2) ..16.288 steps
    3) ..13.005 steps
    4) ..13.659 steps
    5) ..10.421 steps
    6) ..11.217 steps
    7) ..13.010 steps
    8) ..12.348 steps
    9).. 11.714 steps
    10) ..13.174 steps
    11) ..10.654 steps
    12) ..13.360 steps
    13) ..12.354 steps
    14) ..11.553 steps
    15) ..11.980 steps
    16) ...23.994 steps
    17) . 9.151 steps
    18) ..13.888 steps
    19) .. 10.252 steps
    20) .. 10.428 steps
    21) . 9.622 steps
    22) ... 12.295 steps
    23) ..14.096 steps
    24) ..14.340 steps
    25) . 9.787 steps
    26) ... 20.629 steps
    27 ) .. 14.285 steps
    28) .. 14.531 steps
    29 ) .6.321 steps
    30) .. 12.200 steps
    31) ..12.188 steps
  • inky92
    inky92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 195
    CW (Current Weight): 194

Hi, I'm Sarah - 27 from sunny Yorkshire 😁. I'm new to this group to try kick-start myself after a few pounds put on in lockdown.

After years of failed attempts, I got serious about my weight loss last May , joining MFP and dropping from 16 stone 10lb to 13 stone 5lb. I've put on a bit during lockdown, with extra comfort foods and a sudden drop in both exercise and motivation.

I turn 28 this month, my original goal (pre lockdown) was to be under 13 stone for my 28th birthday night out, then around 12 stone for Christmas.

But I want to be realistic and shed the pounds in a healthy and sustainable way. (and due to the fact my bf and friends have now gone into an extended lockdown and can't visit for two weeks minimum, the birthday night out is postponed indefinitely). I'll be making swaps, watching my portions and getting moving again. I've dusted off the old exercise bike, filled the fridge with fruit and deleted deliveroo from my phone! August, let's do this!
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Introduction
    Hi, My name is Ziortza. I'm one of the motivators in this group and I would love to help as much as possible. I have been struggling with my weight my entire life and motivating myself to go further. I was a motivator in other places too before: in forums and irl too. My mum says that I'm a natural cheerleader XD

What is your favorite workouts?
    My favourite workouts usually are linked to dance. It can be something like Zumba or Sh;bam and go to bellydance, salsa, bachata, merengue.. I also love high impact sports, mostly the ones you do in a group like spinning, body pump, body combat...

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?
    When I was in Bilbao (North of Spain) I loved drinking the blue Powerade in my spinning classes. Nowadays, I haven't seen them in Belgium or in the Netherlands so even if is not my best option, I drink from Yanga Sports Water. They have Yanga in the BasicFit gyms.

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories?

Well, this is a difficult question for me. I have done all the diets in the world ever and never succeed. I actually don't believe in diets. I am with a dietist now but because I wanna know how to help my body to lose the extra weight in a healthy way.

How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight?
    I'm now quite uncomfortable in my own body. My belly gets in the way all the time, I can not sit properly, I'm like in the body of someone else, and I wanna listen to my body and give what he needs.
    Also, I'm reeeeeeaaally competitive, like way to competitive and the step challenge f.e. helps me to go further.

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey?
    As I said before, I wanna be more in connection with my body and lose the weight that I need to be comfy in my skin.

What are your triggers and what motivates you the most?

The challenges help me the most. They tickle my competitivity.

What do you expect to gain from your team?

I expect to win a nice group of people from many different places, cultures, thoughts, believes, ways of living.. toguether in the same goal.

How can we make our team better?
    By making it more personal. Usually if you repeat going to the same bar is for 2 reasons: the first one is that the product they have is good and the second one is how familiar they are with you, how homy you feel there. Losing weight for whatever reason is something that goes toguether with emotions.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday

Hi, I'm Sarah - 27 from sunny Yorkshire 😁. I'm new to this group to try kick-start myself after a few pounds put on in lockdown.

After years of failed attempts, I got serious about my weight loss last May , joining MFP and dropping from 16 stone 10lb to 13 stone 5lb. I've put on a bit during lockdown, with extra comfort foods and a sudden drop in both exercise and motivation.

I turn 28 this month, my original goal (pre lockdown) was to be under 13 stone for my 28th birthday night out, then around 12 stone for Christmas.

But I want to be realistic and shed the pounds in a healthy and sustainable way. (and due to the fact my bf and friends have now gone into an extended lockdown and can't visit for two weeks minimum, the birthday night out is postponed indefinitely). I'll be making swaps, watching my portions and getting moving again. I've dusted off the old exercise bike, filled the fridge with fruit and deleted deliveroo from my phone! August, let's do this!

Well done on the loss this week. Lockdown certainly changed our weight loss plan for many. I hope you get to celebrate your birthday when everyone is out of lockdown.
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Team! My name is Mel, I am excited to be a part of this team. I have about 22-24 lbs to lose. I will weigh in on Fridays, right now I will be walking as my exercise until I get in a bit better shape. I do enjoy exercise classes and i was going to a gym which I enjoyed prior to the pandemic. I enjoy dancing, strength training, zumba and walking. My healthy living downfall is my addiction to sweets and I struggle with enjoying them in moderation so I have to give them up completely. My goals for this month will be to track and log each day. Stay hydrated, be active on this forum, work out for at least 30 minutes each day, and make mindful choices, and try to have at least one fruit or veggie each day.
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: melichalupa
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 190
    CW (Current Weight): 173

Hello team! My name is Melissa and I am from New York City, born and raised. I was married 2 years ago at my heaviest 190lbs and have been using MFP for years on and off. I was able to get down to 173 but am at a plateau currently. It has been difficult to balance a love for cooking and baking with control and weight loss, I am hoping to be able to balance those two things. Cooking and baking are ways that I cope with stress, but then I feel bad abut wasting food, so I eat it. I currently work for a hospital doing Health Education, which should make healthy choices easier-- but thats not the case entirely. I have cut out 90% of drinks that are not water but still have a ways to go with eating.
    I am on a journey now to explore how pushing myself out of my plateau would look like (probably more exercise and an eating switch up of some kind). A downfall of mine if that I do not have support with family or friends. Each time I have attempted to have a fitness buddy or tried to track food with family, it is fun for a while but they always lead me down the opposite path (and I always follow). So I am looking to find that internal motivation.
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Karla, and I'm a 57 year old female, single with no children. I have 2 cats named Izzy and Zara, about 8 years old.

Username: pandygirl1
    Weigh-in date: Saturday
    Previous weight: Heaviest (400 lbs) MFP (290 lbs)
    Current weight: 288.4
    Loss to date (LTD) 111.4

I've had a weight problem my whole life. One day I stepped on a Drs scale, it showed exactly 400 lbs. Since then I've been up and down in regards to weight loss. I would lose some weight, then I just stopped, (lack of motivation) and wait several week, then restart with the journey. I have never gained it all back, just 20 to 30 lbs.

Right now I am dealing with major health issues, some are very serious, and life threatening.
    1. Type 2 Diabetes- on 3 different kinds of meds (pills). The Dr is trying to get my A1C under control. Hoping, not to go on insulin.
    (Trying to control with diet, and with what exercise that I'm able to do.)
    2. Thyroid - had surgery to remove the right side of the thyroid a few years ago. Have nodules on the left side have to be watched to make sure they don't grow big.
    3. Heart problems- Have already had one heart attack. Don't want to have another.
    Also, have other health problems that can turn very serious if I don't get my overall health in check.
    (Yes, I now it's a lot and at times it feels like my body is trying to give up on me.) But, I am trying to stay positive. I Will do as much as I can in regards to exercising. Walking inside and doing aerobic exercise videos.

The reason I restarted this weight-loss journey and joined this group, is to get healthier and have a better quality of life. Want to be around as long as I can, so that I can enjoy my golden years.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Click Link for August Tracker HABIT TRACKER

eitin87s3btf.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our August Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday August 1st through Saturday Aug 29th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for July.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

Our challenge this month is to get our 10,000 steps in daily OR make it our goal to reach by the end of the month! Those of us who are already at 10,000 steps daily let’s set ourselves bigger goals. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let me know you want to join by tagging me on a post using @mari_moulin.

I will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for me to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

I am going to try and do this challenge .....with a walking boot and a sneaker and Leslie Sansone dvd's ..oh and I am going to listen to my body :) I just now finally realized that I need to do that ....d'oh to me LOL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My steps in July were quite good but I wanna go better in August

1) ... 24.135 steps
    2) ..16.288 steps
    3) ..13.005 steps
    4) ..13.659 steps
    5) ..10.421 steps
    6) ..11.217 steps
    7) ..13.010 steps
    8) ..12.348 steps
    9).. 11.714 steps
    10) ..13.174 steps
    11) ..10.654 steps
    12) ..13.360 steps
    13) ..12.354 steps
    14) ..11.553 steps
    15) ..11.980 steps
    16) ...23.994 steps
    17) . 9.151 steps
    18) ..13.888 steps
    19) .. 10.252 steps
    20) .. 10.428 steps
    21) . 9.622 steps
    22) ... 12.295 steps
    23) ..14.096 steps
    24) ..14.340 steps
    25) . 9.787 steps
    26) ... 20.629 steps
    27 ) .. 14.285 steps
    28) .. 14.531 steps
    29 ) .6.321 steps
    30) .. 12.200 steps
    31) ..12.188 steps

Great steps for the month of July :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday

Hi Sarah ...welcome to our amazing team :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Introduction
    Hi, My name is Ziortza. I'm one of the motivators in this group and I would love to help as much as possible. I have been struggling with my weight my entire life and motivating myself to go further. I was a motivator in other places too before: in forums and irl too. My mum says that I'm a natural cheerleader XD

What is your favorite workouts?
    My favourite workouts usually are linked to dance. It can be something like Zumba or Sh;bam and go to bellydance, salsa, bachata, merengue.. I also love high impact sports, mostly the ones you do in a group like spinning, body pump, body combat...

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?
    When I was in Bilbao (North of Spain) I loved drinking the blue Powerade in my spinning classes. Nowadays, I haven't seen them in Belgium or in the Netherlands so even if is not my best option, I drink from Yanga Sports Water. They have Yanga in the BasicFit gyms.

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories?

Well, this is a difficult question for me. I have done all the diets in the world ever and never succeed. I actually don't believe in diets. I am with a dietist now but because I wanna know how to help my body to lose the extra weight in a healthy way.

How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight?
    I'm now quite uncomfortable in my own body. My belly gets in the way all the time, I can not sit properly, I'm like in the body of someone else, and I wanna listen to my body and give what he needs.
    Also, I'm reeeeeeaaally competitive, like way to competitive and the step challenge f.e. helps me to go further.

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey?
    As I said before, I wanna be more in connection with my body and lose the weight that I need to be comfy in my skin.

What are your triggers and what motivates you the most?

The challenges help me the most. They tickle my competitivity.

What do you expect to gain from your team?

I expect to win a nice group of people from many different places, cultures, thoughts, believes, ways of living.. toguether in the same goal.

How can we make our team better?
    By making it more personal. Usually if you repeat going to the same bar is for 2 reasons: the first one is that the product they have is good and the second one is how familiar they are with you, how homy you feel there. Losing weight for whatever reason is something that goes toguether with emotions.

Thank you for doing this ....It does make is more easier :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to our team Mel, Melissa and Karla :)
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin,
    I would like to join your step group as a beginner. I have trouble with walking, but will use your guide of doing 5 minutes, 4 times a day and go from there. No guarantees on how far I'll get by the end of the month. But definitely won't get very far just sitting.
This discussion has been closed.