Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    August 2nd : 10,787 steps!

Fantastic steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in.

Every Sunday is meal prep day for lunch and breakfast.

A lot of people believe that they don't need meal prep or it is too time consuming to invest in. But, did you know, 80% of the success in weight loss is in the kitchen?

I meal prep every Sunday (for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Wednesday (for Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
    I take about 2 hours each day.

Some people think that 2 hours is too much time spent on meal prep but, lets put it this way: A day has 24 hours, a week has 168 hours. Let's take 8 hours per night and you have 112 hours. You say that you can't invest 4 hours a week from your 112 "active" hours? I don't believe so! : )

So for me, here is what it looks like: Photo

I know that it wont win some instafood dish of the year but the macros are totally worth it!

1 large egg (~60grs): ~68 calories
    150 grams of chicken: ~158 calories
    150 grams of boiled sweet potato: ~129 calories

Total: 355 calories (30 carbs / 7 fat / 43 protein).

And this is my lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

How about you?
    Do you guys meal prep?
    How are your meals structured?

Let me know how you guys do it, share ideas or concerns. Food is taboo until you get confortable enough to talk about it! :D

I don’t meal prep as such as I am retired and have more time on my hands to cook daily. Every Thursday, I take sometime to plan out my menus for the next week. I then plan a detailed grocery shopping list so I have everything on hand to prepare these meals. Every Sunday I pre log everting into mfp.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    PW.....221
    CW.....222
    Gained again grrrrr.
    But my steps have well increased up to 37,512 go me.
    Hopefully this week I'll increase them again but not too sure on losing anything. It's hubby birthday tomorrow so meal out, he got a gorgeous chocolate that I will have to help him eat hehe 😋. Then I'm taking him away for a cpl days so obv I'll be drinking. But we will be doing lots of walking.
    Have a great week to all ❤❤

Enjoy your time away. Hopefully the walking will offset the goodies from your hubby’s birthday celebrations.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    PW:161.6
    CW:160.8
    Determined to break into the 150’s this week!
    I’ll post an intro and update in the next few days! Hope everyone starts the week strong & determined!

Congrats on the loss! I am confident you can break into a new decade. Can’t wait to read your introduction.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Will all of our team members (old and newcomers) post an introduction of themselves by Saturday August 1st please? Here are some questions that you can include in your introductions. What is your favorite workouts? What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ? Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories? How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight? Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey? What are your triggers and what motivates you the most? What do you expect to gain from your team? How can we make our team better? Thank you for participating and making our team awesome .... Let's get ready to show August who is boss :)

Thanks for providing a questionnaire for us Megan!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Week one
    Sunday
    P. W. 248
    C. W. 249

What is your favorite workout?
    I don't have a favorite as im not a naturally active person. I walk mainly because I'm good at it.

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?
    Coffee

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories?
    I'm not good with diets or counting calories.

How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight?
    I struggle with motivation

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey?
    I was tired of being large and heavy.

What are your triggers and what motivates you the most?
    I'm not sure what it means as far as triggers but I'm unmotivated.

What do you expect to gain from your team?
    No expectations.

How can we make our team better?
    Move next door and slap the bag of chips out of my hands.

I know this sounds negative but it is honest. I've a lot of people around me that are work oriented but I'm not. I don't go looking for something to do. If it needs to be done I'll do it even if it takes all day or all week but to go look for something to do is just not me. It's the same with working out.
    As far as diets and/or meal plans, I've actually paid for a food plan and exercise plan. I followed it completely and gained so much I almost had to buy larger clothes. The guy still wanted me to stick to it. I did not because I could not afford new clothes.
    I'm very much a helps type person. If a person needed me to exercise with them everyday I would be there knocking on their door. It's funny because that is what I need.
    I could go on but it still seems negative. Smh
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Hello! My name is Tiffany. I have been on and off for about 6 years. I lost about 100 pounds on keto about 4 years ago before my youngest child fell ill. Since then, it has been a battle to lose it again and keep it off. I just recently had my gallbladder out and so I have had to completely change my diet around (otherwise I was in pain again and could not stop vomiting). Also found out that an arrhythmia I had previously has returned and I owe that to my weight gain. I am now following a low-fat diet and am actually down about 33 pounds since March. (Which was a HUGE surprise to myself! YAY!) I am slowly incorporating exercise into my plan since I am still technically "healing" from surgery so I have been doing walks and added some sprinting daily. Will increase as medically possible. I am here to reach my goal and get healthy for me, my kids, and my family. (That fight against genetics is strong!)

Anywho, I have decided to weigh in on Saturdays so I will make sure to do that in the morning! Have a wonderful evening and I look forward to getting to know everyone! :smile:

Welcome Tiffany! Congratulations on your 33 lbs lost since March! That’s an amazing number and you Must be feeling incredibly proud. I hope we can help you reach all your goals here. I’m looking forward to see you crush each and everyone of them.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    PW (Previous Weight): 131,2 kg = 289,2 kg
    CW (Current Weight): 131,2 kg = 289,2 kg
    My steps in July were quite good but I wanna go better in August

1) ... 24.135 steps
    2) ..16.288 steps
    3) ..13.005 steps
    4) ..13.659 steps
    5) ..10.421 steps
    6) ..11.217 steps
    7) ..13.010 steps
    8) ..12.348 steps
    9).. 11.714 steps
    10) ..13.174 steps
    11) ..10.654 steps
    12) ..13.360 steps
    13) ..12.354 steps
    14) ..11.553 steps
    15) ..11.980 steps
    16) ...23.994 steps
    17) . 9.151 steps
    18) ..13.888 steps
    19) .. 10.252 steps
    20) .. 10.428 steps
    21) . 9.622 steps
    22) ... 12.295 steps
    23) ..14.096 steps
    24) ..14.340 steps
    25) . 9.787 steps
    26) ... 20.629 steps
    27 ) .. 14.285 steps
    28) .. 14.531 steps
    29 ) .6.321 steps
    30) .. 12.200 steps
    31) ..12.188 steps

Way to maintain and great steps for the whole of July! You’ve been doing great Ziortza keep it up. I hope you are feeling better and a little more motivated this week 😘
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    inky92 wrote: »
    Username Inky92
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 195
    CW (Current Weight): 194

Hi, I'm Sarah - 27 from sunny Yorkshire 😁. I'm new to this group to try kick-start myself after a few pounds put on in lockdown.

After years of failed attempts, I got serious about my weight loss last May , joining MFP and dropping from 16 stone 10lb to 13 stone 5lb. I've put on a bit during lockdown, with extra comfort foods and a sudden drop in both exercise and motivation.

I turn 28 this month, my original goal (pre lockdown) was to be under 13 stone for my 28th birthday night out, then around 12 stone for Christmas.

But I want to be realistic and shed the pounds in a healthy and sustainable way. (and due to the fact my bf and friends have now gone into an extended lockdown and can't visit for two weeks minimum, the birthday night out is postponed indefinitely). I'll be making swaps, watching my portions and getting moving again. I've dusted off the old exercise bike, filled the fridge with fruit and deleted deliveroo from my phone! August, let's do this!

Wishing you a happy birthday Sarah. I think most birthdays this year pretty much sucked. I know mine did. But I can understand why we need to be safe so I won’t complain. I’m not sure what deliveroo is but if it’s bad I’m glad you deleted it lol. (I’m assuming it’s food related). Alright we are here to support you In Any way you need! Let us know how you did on that freshly dusted exercise bike 🚲.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Melly045 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday Team! My name is Mel, I am excited to be a part of this team. I have about 22-24 lbs to lose. I will weigh in on Fridays, right now I will be walking as my exercise until I get in a bit better shape. I do enjoy exercise classes and i was going to a gym which I enjoyed prior to the pandemic. I enjoy dancing, strength training, zumba and walking. My healthy living downfall is my addiction to sweets and I struggle with enjoying them in moderation so I have to give them up completely. My goals for this month will be to track and log each day. Stay hydrated, be active on this forum, work out for at least 30 minutes each day, and make mindful choices, and try to have at least one fruit or veggie each day.

Welcome to the team Mel! Walking is one of the best forms of exercise in my opinion. I can burn a lot calories doing that as a workout. I tend to go where there’s a bit of an incline and try to walk to the rhythm of my music. I also do Zumba I absolutely love it. You seem to have some great goals that are sure to help you succeed. I am looking forward to watching you achieve all your goals.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Username: melichalupa
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 190
    CW (Current Weight): 173

Hello team! My name is Melissa and I am from New York City, born and raised. I was married 2 years ago at my heaviest 190lbs and have been using MFP for years on and off. I was able to get down to 173 but am at a plateau currently. It has been difficult to balance a love for cooking and baking with control and weight loss, I am hoping to be able to balance those two things. Cooking and baking are ways that I cope with stress, but then I feel bad abut wasting food, so I eat it. I currently work for a hospital doing Health Education, which should make healthy choices easier-- but thats not the case entirely. I have cut out 90% of drinks that are not water but still have a ways to go with eating.
    I am on a journey now to explore how pushing myself out of my plateau would look like (probably more exercise and an eating switch up of some kind). A downfall of mine if that I do not have support with family or friends. Each time I have attempted to have a fitness buddy or tried to track food with family, it is fun for a while but they always lead me down the opposite path (and I always follow). So I am looking to find that internal motivation.

Omg I am the same with baking as a stress reliever! I baked my way through lockdown but the downside is I also ate it all 🤣 luckily j managed to take control and maintain my weight through the whole thing. I hear you on the family thing. It’s not easy when others done have the same frame of mind and spirit. I also love doing this with a buddy but I have learned to not count on them in the long run. I am doing this for me and the decision I make will affect my health not theirs. So I think maybe accept their support when they are willing to give it and other times you just do you. You know what you gotta do. If they choose a different path then wave bye and move on and do your thing. Easier said than done I know but be strong.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Karla, and I'm a 57 year old female, single with no children. I have 2 cats named Izzy and Zara, about 8 years old.

Username: pandygirl1
    Weigh-in date: Saturday
    Previous weight: Heaviest (400 lbs) MFP (290 lbs)
    Current weight: 288.4
    Loss to date (LTD) 111.4

I've had a weight problem my whole life. One day I stepped on a Drs scale, it showed exactly 400 lbs. Since then I've been up and down in regards to weight loss. I would lose some weight, then I just stopped, (lack of motivation) and wait several week, then restart with the journey. I have never gained it all back, just 20 to 30 lbs.

Right now I am dealing with major health issues, some are very serious, and life threatening.
    1. Type 2 Diabetes- on 3 different kinds of meds (pills). The Dr is trying to get my A1C under control. Hoping, not to go on insulin.
    (Trying to control with diet, and with what exercise that I'm able to do.)
    2. Thyroid - had surgery to remove the right side of the thyroid a few years ago. Have nodules on the left side have to be watched to make sure they don't grow big.
    3. Heart problems- Have already had one heart attack. Don't want to have another.
    Also, have other health problems that can turn very serious if I don't get my overall health in check.
    (Yes, I now it's a lot and at times it feels like my body is trying to give up on me.) But, I am trying to stay positive. I Will do as much as I can in regards to exercising. Walking inside and doing aerobic exercise videos.

The reason I restarted this weight-loss journey and joined this group, is to get healthier and have a better quality of life. Want to be around as long as I can, so that I can enjoy my golden years.

Welcome to the team Karla! First of all congratulations on your weigh loss so far! Question, has your health gotten any better with the weight you’ve lost so far? Have you felt a difference? I know you still have very serious health issues but I’m wondering if with the amount you’ve lost so far it’s already improved. Whatever the case wow you’ve done so great. I’m looking forward to seeing you reach all your weight loss milestones. From what I can see you are very close to being 125 lbs down from your highest weight!! I’m excited to celebrate that with you!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Steps 1 August 9.918 steps
    August 1st -Steps- 6000
    missGYST wrote: »
    Starting weight for August: 211.0
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday

Steps for August 1: 7,866
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 1 6996 steps.

Got all your steps in 🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏼🚶🏾‍♂️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    August 2nd -Steps 6200

I have to go get labs done tomorrow morning (I get them done every 3 months) being diabetic sucks but at least I took myself off of diabetic meds ... I only take one pill now for high blood pressure which I am hoping to get off of when I get under 200 lbs :) I will chat with you all tomorrow when I get back from Labs
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    ptwj362os641.jpeg

Massive welcome to our new teammates!!

@Nana22019 and @TASCascalho
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

[*]How can we make our team better? Honestly I'm tempted to go check the ideas lounge to help with an answer on this one! :D To me, everything is already there. The motivators, the people who can relate to my issues, the challenges, the encouragement, the ideas, the recipes - the resources are all here in this challenge. It's just a matter of making sure that I'm putting in the effort to utilize them.
    [/list]

It made me smile to see that we are already providing you with what you need! Something Linda and I worry about is that we aren’t successfully helping our teammates, so it makes me happy to see that you are happy with what we’ve done so far ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Hi team and thank you for having me!

My name is Tiago, I am 33 years old and I live in Portugal.

Been a member of MyFitnessPal since September 2013. Currently on my longest streak, 350 days.

I was always chubby and had a lot of issues with my weight, especially being fat and having man boobs. In reality, I never wanted a six pack. Always wanted to be lean enough to not worry about about not looking so fat under my clothes.

Since 2013 made several attempts to loose weight. All failed. Last year I decided to really commit myself. Started learning, made my own diet plan, made my own gym plan and everything was doing well until this Corona thing and all gyms were closed and I was stuck home. I should've been smarter but instead, I neglected all diet and exercise. Corona is not an excuse. Cannot be an excuse.

Yesterday I hit 350 days and decided to reboot everything.

Redid my meal plan, my workouts and on my way to reshape my mentality.

Best shape of my life:
    2nd of May.
    78.7 Kg
    14,65% Bodyfat.
    5& Visceral Fat

Today:
    1st of August:
    87.7 Kg
    21,3% Bodyfat
    7% Visceral Fat

May the force be with me and everyone else in MFP to reach their objectives.
    If there's anything I can help with, just let me know!

Welcome again Tiago! I can relate with always having issues with weight. I was also an overweight child which then turned into an obese adult. I think you have some pretty good goals set for yourself that will surely help you reach your weight loss goals. Don’t be so hard on yourself with the lockdown gain. I think most of us had the same problem. Forgive yourself for it and come in stronger than before. You’ve got this! 💪🏻❤️👍🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 308.6
    Current weight: 291.2

About Me. --- I'm 72 and retired after 35 years at the same company in Michigan. I have one daughter with a Master's degree who has her own counseling business. I have one granddaughter with a Bachelor's in Business and she lives with me.

How can we make our team better?
    ...... While lengthy, I like this questionnaire. I'm enjoying learning about my teammates. Perhaps, once a week, have a TEAM QUESTION ... with a banner like those done for challenges; i.e., What has been most difficult this week? or, How did you keep motivated this week? or, What triggered your decision to join MFP? etc ...
    ...... I think something like that may help keep the team engaged with each other.

Yay a new month for us Cesse! I w added you into the step challenge again I hope that’s ok. You’ve done so well with it these past 2 months I thought yours want to go again and maybe add a few as your own personal challenge 🥰

Thank you for the suggestion! I think it’s a wonderful idea and Linda and I had already been sniffing around that idea. Definitely something we will incorporate this month!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    My name is Ashley. I'm 33, a wife, and mother to a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy.
    I've been overweight my whole life, and on and off some form of a diet most of my life. I hit my highest weight of 323 right before getting pregnant with my son. After he was born, I lost 100 pounds. When I got pregnant with my daughter, my diet went out the window (even after she was born) and I gained a lot of it back and have been carrying it around for 2 years.
    I started this current (and last!!) attempt in the middle of April and have lost 40lbs since then.
    I follow a mostly Paleo way of eating while also doing intermittent fasting and counting calories. I enjoy lifting weights and going for long walks.
    I don't make weight goals because I get too down if I don't reach them so I just look forward to the lower numbers week after week. My goals are to track every day, stay under calorie, get some form of exercise 6 days a week, drink a gallon of water, and walk 7k steps a day.
    @mari_moulin I'd like to join the step challenge.
    I weigh on Saturdays. My starting weight for the month is 230.2

Welcome Ashley! No stress I’ve got you down for the step challenge! Congratulations on your 40 lbs down since April! That’s very impressive! You’ve got some great goals there. I’m sure they will help you get to where you want to be.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    August 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Water: 74oz
    Steps: 12133

We went camping with my parents as part of my mom's birthday celebration. They had a nice trail and my husband and I ended up walking 4 miles around it. It's always a challenge while camping food wise. Everyone brings stuff to share that I don't eat anymore and there are always temptations. I did very well though and stuck to my plan.

I forgot to say in my intro, anyone who would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so! I like having lots of friends, and my diary is open.

Well done sticking to your plan even while camping! Such will power especially when everyone else is around you eating all that unhealthy food. I don’t know if I could have been that strong. I always struggle when I’m with others. I do so good while at home and in my routine but when out and having fun I tend to just lose all will to eat healthy lol. Well done you 😁
This discussion has been closed.