Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone .... Loved reading everyone's introduction :) Congrats to @wbs2020 & @mari_moulin for getting 2nd and 3rd for individual loss for our team :)

Let’s not forget congrats to you for placing 1st.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    August 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Water: 74oz
    Steps: 12133

We went camping with my parents as part of my mom's birthday celebration. They had a nice trail and my husband and I ended up walking 4 miles around it. It's always a challenge while camping food wise. Everyone brings stuff to share that I don't eat anymore and there are always temptations. I did very well though and stuck to my plan.

I forgot to say in my intro, anyone who would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so! I like having lots of friends, and my diary is open.

Great job sticking to your plan!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone .... Loved reading everyone's introduction :) Congrats to @wbs2020 & @mari_moulin for getting 2nd and 3rd for individual loss for our team :)

Let’s not forget congrats to you for placing 1st.

I was not counting myself in this ...oops LOL :p
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @cesse47, Thank you for your suggestions of what you have tried and works for you.

I know of Leslie's videos, I will give what you have said a try and see how it works give me. Give me a few days and I'll get back with you and let you know how it's going. 😃
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    @cesse47, Thank you for your suggestions of what you have tried and works for you.

I know of Leslie's videos, I will give what you have said a try and see how it works give me. Give me a few days and I'll get back with you and let you know how it's going. 😃

I have a fractured foot .... I am doing Leslie Sansone... I do a mile ....I rest for 30 minutes ..... I do another mile ....I rest for 30 minutes ...I got 6000 steps in yesterday by doing this .... WE GOT THIS ....take your time and do what you can ...small steps is better than no steps :)
  • TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in.

Every Sunday is meal prep day for lunch and breakfast.

A lot of people believe that they don't need meal prep or it is too time consuming to invest in. But, did you know, 80% of the success in weight loss is in the kitchen?

I meal prep every Sunday (for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Wednesday (for Thursday, Friday and Saturday).
    I take about 2 hours each day.

Some people think that 2 hours is too much time spent on meal prep but, lets put it this way: A day has 24 hours, a week has 168 hours. Let's take 8 hours per night and you have 112 hours. You say that you can't invest 4 hours a week from your 112 "active" hours? I don't believe so! : )

So for me, here is what it looks like: Photo

I know that it wont win some instafood dish of the year but the macros are totally worth it!

1 large egg (~60grs): ~68 calories
    150 grams of chicken: ~158 calories
    150 grams of boiled sweet potato: ~129 calories

Total: 355 calories (30 carbs / 7 fat / 43 protein).

And this is my lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

How about you?
    Do you guys meal prep?
    How are your meals structured?

Let me know how you guys do it, share ideas or concerns. Food is taboo until you get confortable enough to talk about it! :D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Sunday check-in.

A lot of people believe that they don't need meal prep or it is too time consuming to invest in. But, did you know, 80% of the success in weight loss is in the kitchen?

I meal prep every Sunday (for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Wednesday (for Thursday, Friday and Saturday).

Some people think that 2 hours is too much time spent on meal prep but, lets put it this way: A day has 24 hours, a week has 168 hours. Let's take 8 hours per night and you have 112 hours. You say that you can't invest 4 hours a week from your 112 "active" hours? I don't believe so! : )

I know that it wont win some instafood dish of the year but the macros are totally worth it!

How about you?
    Do you guys meal prep?

Let me know how you guys do it, share ideas or concerns. Food is taboo until you get confortable enough to talk about it! :D

I am a Keto'er ...I also meal prep every Sunday ... I make a batch of hard boiled eggs .....I cut up my veggies ....I make sausage and egg pinwheels ....a homemade soup..... dips for my pork rinds or veggies ( I made a roasted eggplant dip today) ....I will cook up a bunch of chicken breast or tenders with different spices etc. etc. :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in.

How about you?
    Do you guys meal prep?

I can not see the photo :( I never did a meal prep but because I love cooking every day
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    PW.....221
    CW.....222
    Gained again grrrrr.
    But my steps have well increased up to 37,512 go me.
    Hopefully this week I'll increase them again but not too sure on losing anything. It's hubby birthday tomorrow so meal out, he got a gorgeous chocolate that I will have to help him eat hehe 😋. Then I'm taking him away for a cpl days so obv I'll be drinking. But we will be doing lots of walking.
    Have a great week to all ❤❤

You will lose that 1 lb. with all that walking you got planned :)
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/vegan-meal-prep-recipes/ I was checking the meal preps. I don't think they are for me but I will give it a try
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    August 2 steps-11,967
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rhaaa wrote: »
    August 2 steps-11,967

Fantastic steps :)
  • wbs2020
    wbs2020 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    PW:161.6
    CW:160.8
    Determined to break into the 150’s this week!
    I’ll post an intro and update in the next few days! Hope everyone starts the week strong & determined!
  • rhaaa
    rhaaa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It’s been too hot to walk outside much. Hit the treadmill today, better than walking outside but pretty boring.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 2nd : 10,787 steps!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    PW:161.6
    CW:160.8
    Determined to break into the 150’s this week!
    I’ll post an intro and update in the next few days! Hope everyone starts the week strong & determined!

Great job :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rhaaa wrote: »
    Thanks. It’s been too hot to walk outside much. Hit the treadmill today, better than walking outside but pretty boring.

You're welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.