Downsizers Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    August 1st: Fitbit says 8152 steps but I did not have it until 4 pm so I believe I unofficially met my 10,000 steps per day goal. :wink:
  • draby2011
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 273
    CW (Current Weight): 244.6

Great loss.....Congrats :)

Thank you!!!!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    My name is Ashley. I'm 33, a wife, and mother to a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy.
    I've been overweight my whole life, and on and off some form of a diet most of my life. I hit my highest weight of 323 right before getting pregnant with my son. After he was born, I lost 100 pounds. When I got pregnant with my daughter, my diet went out the window (even after she was born) and I gained a lot of it back and have been carrying it around for 2 years.
    I started this current (and last!!) attempt in the middle of April and have lost 40lbs since then.
    I follow a mostly Paleo way of eating while also doing intermittent fasting and counting calories. I enjoy lifting weights and going for long walks.
    I don't make weight goals because I get too down if I don't reach them so I just look forward to the lower numbers week after week. My goals are to track every day, stay under calorie, get some form of exercise 6 days a week, drink a gallon of water, and walk 7k steps a day.
    @mari_moulin I'd like to join the step challenge.
    I weigh on Saturdays. My starting weight for the month is 230.2
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin,
    I would like to join your step group as a beginner. I have trouble with walking, but will use your guide of doing 5 minutes, 4 times a day and go from there. No guarantees on how far I'll get by the end of the month. But definitely won't get very far just sitting.

I have compromised lungs so am also unable to do aerobic exercise. When Mari started showing the chart to convert minutes into steps, I realized I could do steps in 5 minute chunks. Yea!! I really like the Leslie Sansone walking videos on YouTube. The one I am currently using is called -- 1.0 Mile Happy Walk | Walk at Home | Walking Workout -- I start at the beginning, then pause after 5 minutes or so. Next time I do about 30 seconds of warmup walking, then restart the video ... and again, pause after about 5 min or so. Repeat throughout the day. I started doing 3 or 4 sets and am now doing 6 sets. So, I have improved ... slowly, yes, but it has been an improvement. Good Luck ... check out Leslie Sansone videos to find one that will work for you.

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    August 1
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calorie: Yes
    Water: 74oz
    Steps: 12133

We went camping with my parents as part of my mom's birthday celebration. They had a nice trail and my husband and I ended up walking 4 miles around it. It's always a challenge while camping food wise. Everyone brings stuff to share that I don't eat anymore and there are always temptations. I did very well though and stuck to my plan.

I forgot to say in my intro, anyone who would like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so! I like having lots of friends, and my diary is open.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I signed up for the first time and was assigned into this group for August so hello from a newbie. My name is Zoe and I'm from the UK. I've been around MFP for nearly a decade, back in 2012/2013 I somehow got down to my lowest adult weight of 171/172lbs. I have since gained it all back and a lot more due to varying reasons.. it is frustrating to think I would of been close to goal but now time to move forward and back down!

What is your favorite workout?
    I love cycling the most, I have a mountain bike – I haven't done any proper trails on it yet as such but for me it feels empowering to do in that your the one pushing all the power to get to a destination but with being less impactive than say running.

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?
    I don't particularly have one but when I was younger, it was Lucozade Orange/Lucozade Sport.

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or Do you just count calories?
    Trying to count calories at the moment. I have considered varying diet plans recently but I don't feel for myself that it could be a sustainable mindset to look at food as points or syns for x amount of years.

How have you stayed motivated to keep losing/gaining weight?
    I've restarted my journey within the last month so it's early stages. I truly believe whether having a lightbulb moment or not has powerful effects.. without this I find that I slipped back early every time because my head wasn't in it fully until that click. It happens at different points and times for everyone but you can tell when it's happened as you minimise and start to switch things up, your approach to food and exercise feels internally different when starting your fitness journey.

For keeping the lightbulb going, I think this is something that comes after the habit of the new change has started to set in, you try and keep the mindful approach to have your eyes on the end goal. It's important to have things here and there so you don't go stir crazy being so restricted with food and whatnot. A community of supportive people around you helps too, I've enjoyed checking in with MFP this past month and starting this group into this month.

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start your journey?
    After weighing in a few months ago and the scale hit numbers that I didn't ever want to be at and don't want to see rise further. I am aiming to be healthier, fitter and gain more confidence within my self from my journey.

What are your triggers and what motivates you the most?
    Triggers - The scale flucutations, stress, emotional eating
    Motivates - Weight loss, NSV, feeling like I'm achieving something for myself

What do you expect to gain from your team?
    A sense of community, support and motivation

How can we make our team better?
    I'm a newbie so I'm not too sure what's occurred before hand but this month it'd be great to see a friendly, supportive and active team that actively listens to each other.
  • summer_jt
    summer_jt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hi all - it seems that @summer_jt did not get the message about their team assignment. I have sent a message, but please reach out and make sure they find you --- Thanks!

Made it - thank you! x

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    Still some more new people coming in! Please welcome @bigbeff82 as the newest Downsizer :smiley:
  • summer_jt
    summer_jt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    atm have a painful knee so til that's sorted, its walking only .. and yoga :)

Do you have a favorite diet that you go by or do you just count calories?
    It needs to be simple & I've found that WW and Slimmersworld etc have gotten more and more complicated over the years, so now I count cals.

Mid life weight gain + a lot of allergies making everything harder.

I've never been overweight til I hit a certain age, now if feels like my bod is totally doing its own thing. I don't like it! Lockdown has certainly not helped, food was all wrong and boredom/stress set in.

Support and motivation, some accountability.

Not sure yet, just joined :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I am falling down on the job. I never answered the intro questions so here I go.

I love walking. I am not able to run or do cardio classes so I always stick to walking. I also enjoy swimming but COVID-19 has not allowed me to do that. Maybe the pool I go to will open the indoor pool for adult swims this fall. 🤞

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any) ?

I don’t drink any sports drinks but will put ice tea drops in my water sometimes.

I just count calories and try to do IF Sunday to Friday.

This can be a tough one. When I start to lose focus, I remember why I started losing weight and what my mindset was at that time. This group also helps me stay motivated.

I started this journey for several reasons. Firstly was my health. I am a type 2 diabetic and I was starting to get scared with my numbers. Second reason was and still are my granddaughters. I was to the point I could do nothing with them. I want them to look back on their time with me as fun and not me being able to do things with them.

My biggest trigger is my clothes fitting better. Also, seeing the scale decrease really motivates me.

Support and motivation. We are people going for the same prize. We can all help each other.

Just to be active. Check in often with the team. By supporting each other and asking for help when we need it we are making this the best team ever.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 26 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 9,180

My walk is done for the day. I am going to spend most of the day playing games with the grandkids so I am not going to have a step goal today. I have my meals planned for the week and I will pre log everything later this evening.

Have a super Sunday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 72 ounces of water
    4. Bed by 11:30 pm
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

:star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! :)

ayfgt5b36vh5.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WEEK 5

9fqmxdkaewbx.jpg
    64xrom688ct8.png
    5egbh0fpx10f.png
    blx4tb9pf7tc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.38%
    2nd Downsizers 0.32%
    3rd Weight No More 0.29%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 14.3 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 13.8 Lbs
    3rd Downsizers 10.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @19shmoo69 3.5 %
    2nd @CassieGetsFit2013 2.33%
    2nd 2 @KellyBgetsfit 2.33%
    3rd @1theresamcvean 2.14 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @19shmoo69 9.0 Lbs
    2nd @CassieGetsFit2013 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @mari_moulin 3.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Beka3695
    @biketheworld
    @Canadiangirl1984
    @KristieJC
    @carriestrine
    @michelleywardell
    @gwamajtw91
    @angmarie28
    @trooworld
    @MommaGemz

i5h624hx7uuj.png

• Beka3695
    Options
    ux1cqsl8gswp.jpg
    kl0s5g7apb92.png
    qnddv8twvdy6.png
    d74a2rvx6a8n.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 1.76%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 1.62%
    3rd Weight No More 1.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 72.5 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 62.0 Lbs
    3rd Weight No More 48.7 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @DesertColibri 5.65 %
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970 5.41%
    3rd @Jax_Grim 4.87 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 13.2 Lbs
    2nd @kelgen02 12.0 Lbs
    3rd @Jax_Grim 11.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Freeglerock
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @Emmajhare
    @lenka1
    @eggfreak
    @Terytha
    @cherrymajoni
    @bethanie0825

25xvehkgh4qr.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Everyone .... Loved reading everyone's introduction :) Congrats to @wbs2020 & @mari_moulin for getting 2nd and 3rd for individual loss for our team :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    zklnr9x5zcri.jpg

Let's have a big shout out to these lovely people hitting some major milestones!!!!

30+ lost
    @1theresamcvean
    Rumor has it that she is extremely close to GOAL, TOO!!!

Under 225
    @Jax_Grim
    @veryhotmails
  • draby2011
    Options
    I never saw these so here it goes!!! :smiley:

As of right now, it is walking/sprinting. I am still currently recovering from gallbladder surgery. I am unable to lift more than 10 pounds (hopefully until tomorrow). I have been out of work since the surgery so my gym membership is on hold. However, strength training is my favorite!

What are your favorite sports drinks (if you drink any)?

I am not huge on sports drinks but my kryptonite is my diet dr. pepper. I am not a fan of plain water so I usually add some crystallite to add some flavor to it. However, I did buy a water infuser bottle so I am going to try to add some berries, lemons, and limes to my water and see how that goes. *fingers crossed*

I was previously VERY successful on keto, however, since my surgery, the high fats make me violently ill. So I am now on low fat and low-calorie diet.

Photos, because the scale is not my friend right now! lol Also, my energy levels have gone up quite a bit too so that helps me stay on track.

I graduated from nursing school in February and when I was offered a nurse residency I put on a shirt that I made to celebrate and I absolutely HATED how I felt in it. From that moment, I knew I had to make a serious change.

I eat my stress and my emotions. It is a TERRIBLE habit but I am a work in progress.

Just support, support, and more support!

Keep the communication up! Questions like these help us not only get to know each other but to also analyze our own habits.
This discussion has been closed.