Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - rest day
    Early check in today as I have a busy day today. It was busy yesterday too and not the easiest day for a variety of reasons. This pandemic wears me down some days more than others and yesterday was not a good one. But it’s ok and there is a lot to be thankful for, so looking forward to a better day today.

@1theresamcvean - I love that weigh in graphic!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/03 steps 12259
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Vacation is going great. A lot different this year with doing day trips but it's ok. Today a hurricane is moving through so we didn't make big plans. My husband is helping my sons girlfriend get tires on her car and I am going to exercise and then maybe later we will head out and find something indoors to do. I also don't mind a day at home because he still has to put the headboard on my bed and a few things around the house.
  • Cafelelia
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @ljdanny - Glad that you are enjoying your vacation!

I forgot to mention the hurricane and @ljdanny reminded me. I hope that everybody in the path of Hurricane Isaias stays safe, particularly in the Carolinas where it made landfall last night.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Monday, August 3 steps 16400.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia, Glad you liked that graphic. I made one mistake on the weigh-in list, Tracy @ljdanny is going to weigh in this week.

• Cafelelia
    Options
    @goingape - Omg, your steps are incredible! Glad that I am taking a break from the step challenge this month. I need to rest up for September to get even close to these power steppers on our team!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Tropical Storm Isaias ~ I know @GingerPwr and @debbiewsharpe are right in its path in North Carolina. But if we're seeing this all the way up in Toronto, all of you in the Eastern U.S. are in for some weather. Stay safe friends.
    sn7plwls962u.png
    I live right behind that tall bluish-grey tower with the slanted roof in the middle of this shot. Lisa, @Cafelelia a little to the left of that and a bit further back.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - That is an artful photo, but it kind of scares me! Like a giant, alien cloud is attacking our city.

Here is an aerial view of where I live. There is a giant park, and my house is more in the centre of the photo where you start to see houses dotted with the trees. Follow the top left of the photo to get to Theresa’s neighbourhood.

tkr055e5z90w.jpeg
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Cafelelia The ominous shot was taken yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't get many steps in. When I opened the door, my dog backed away.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Hey all! We got a lot of rain and wind yesterday from Isaias, but it's sunny today so far. We're heading to the golf course. :)

Sorry I missed conversations and intros Monday. I got swamped with school work and house work.

Today, however, I have dubbed "Tasty Tuesday"! I know @Mrsbell8well will love this one.

If you want, share your favorite, most delicious HEALTHY snack or meal.

I love having Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a little granola for breakfast (or dessert!)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    We still have another hour of packing then on our way to lake. Back is hurting but I’m almost done. Will take a pill then relax rest of week.
    Thanks for all the kind words.
    @gingerpwr you know I love tasty Tuesday but every day is a food celebration in my world.
    Really looking forward to getting my healthy body back.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @mrsbell8well - Theresa submitted you for transfer to cheer. Have. A great vacation and really hope that your back improves soon.

@GingerPwr - Tasty Tuesday, Meal= healthy ratatouille, Snack=berries, especially seasonal. Love them both!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @GingerPwr and @Mrsbell8well

For Tasty Tuesday, a favourite of mine at the moment is this high-volume flavour bomb. It's my own version of Slow Cooker Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry which I make a big batch of and eat almost every weekday for my first meal between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. following a workout these days.

Recipe notes:
    Don't run away at the word curry. This is a lovely nod to Thai red coconut curry. That's a whole different flavour profile ~ kind of a skinny, creamy, dreamy, low-level aromatic experience.

I don't have a slow cooker or an instant pot for that matter. I just make about three cups of vegetable stock and add it in a little at a time as the curry simmers to keep it moist. That may sound like a lot of broth, but I also add an extra head of cauliflower.

Then, I divide it into 1-cup sized servings and freeze a bunch of them. I leave a big container of it in the fridge for the first week's lunches. My last batch was 15 cups at 153 cal/cup. I eat one, one and a half, or two servings depending on how hungry I am. For the 153 cal/cup batch I made last week, I had halved the red lentils because I had some leftover protein to eat on the side.

Recipe:
    Here's the print view of it so you don't have to read about the invention of the wheel before you get down to the recipe on the blog page:
    https://www.wellplated.com/wprm_print/34319
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @mrsbell8well - Theresa submitted you for transfer to cheer. Have. A great vacation and really hope that your back improves soon.

@GingerPwr - Tasty Tuesday, Meal= healthy ratatouille, Snack=berries, especially seasonal. Love them both!

Lisa, I love healthy ratatouille and raspberries.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean i will definitely be trying your slow cooker curry !!

My tasty Tuesday is veggie salad. Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, mushroom, peppers and chick peas tossed in balsamic vinaigrette.
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off I hope everyone on the east coast is staying safe with the storms rolling in.

For tasty Tuesday I have to agree with @GingerPwr Greek yogurt and oranges are my go to snack.

As for my daily adventure 😊 got a good two miles in walking back and fourth remarking a few lines. The contractor called me this morning and seams the cows did a number on my flags. And odd thing I’ve noticed cows like yellow, red and orange flags more than blue or purple 🤷‍♀️ I’ve also seen the cows try and fight my flags when a gust of wind gets them moving. Spent the second part road tripping with an exclusive concert featuring me 😂 I get really bored on the long drives. If anyone knows of any good podcast let me know I need more variety for my drives. Ended up a few miles from the Canadian border marking one line like 50 feet then driving home. Stopped by one of the sunflower fields and put a bit over 200 miles on my truck today. Was under my calorie goal today. I only took my lunch with me so I wasn’t tempted to snack during the day. Now ending my night with a cozy book
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Username: JillyBT
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday Week 1
    PW: 160
    CW: 159

Back in the 150’s! Now to keep going in the right direction!

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    Yes, it was nice to see most of my family on Sunday. We don't see my brother much because of the distance. It was so nice having him here to celebrate dad's birthday, especially with dad getting older

Hope you have a great time with your grandchildren!
This discussion has been closed.