pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    PW 162
    CW 161.8
    LTD ~19lbs~
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 - I completely understand needing to take a break. I submitted your request to move to cheer squad this month. You don’t have to weigh in each week, unless you want to keep tracking. You can still participate here on the team as much as you want and we are here to support you. Theresa or I will reach out in the last week of August to ask you about returning in September. Take good care of yourself and sending you a hug!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I am OK with the weigh in today. Hoped it would be more because I have not been as hungry this week and eating less than while on the chemo. Last week was the first dose of Keytruda and I still feel great, although I don't have the excess energy I have less fatigue - don't need the afternoon naps. The only not so good side effect so far - swelling around my eyes starting Friday night and lasting five days. And some itching all over. The doctor advised taking Benadryl.
    I have been taking a short walk every day, sometimes twice, otherwise not much exercise.
    I wish we lived closer to the beach, I could walk the beach all day and never get tired of it!
  • Cafelelia
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @JillyBT - I have been doing IF and have found it works for both weight loss and just making me feel better overall. @hope002 on our team has been doing IF for a while and I believe she has been doing “OMAD” (One meal a day). She is probably the most experienced resource on our team. I have recommended it before, but I really like all of the books by Dr. Jason Fung, starting with his first book the Obesity Code. He also has a great website called the Fasting Method. Dr. Peter Attia has a self-titled website that is also a good IF resource and he runs the Zero Fasting App. Finally there is Dr. Rhonda Patrick who is a scientist researching nutrition, disease and longevity. She has a great site called Found My Fitness where she has gathered all of the scientific research in this area. She has some great podcasts on there with various scientists doing research in this field. There are many other resources out there, but these are the ones I focus on because they are based on the science of fasting. I suggest doing some research to figure out which approach to take and if this is right for you. Also speak to your doctor if you have any specific concerns or questions. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l for Water Wednesday!
    Exercise - 30 min walk
    Yesterday was a good day. I had less work to do, and I could spend more time with my younger son, which he loved. I think that we played 5 different board games in the afternoon!

@pacsnc6 - I am so glad that you are doing well on the new drug, other than those few side effects. Really great that you can walk everyday too! Big hugs to you!

@minstrelofsarcasm - You are doing great and I have no doubt that you can be a kick-*** spin instructor. I was just talking to my kids about life and some of my advice was to take even more risks than you think you can or should. Any failure along the way is just a lesson about how to keep going and progressing. Your NSV story about your landlord asking about your “larger sister” is the coolest/funniest NSV that I have ever heard!

@goingape - I hope that you enjoy that walk around the lake, sounds lovely!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - That is great news that you don’t need surgery! I also hope that your pain continues to subside. What a gorgeous photo!

@GingerPwr - I had to postpone my golf lessons to September, but I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for doing these daily themes, they are great!

@melaniedscott - I love your attitude about that gain! I love that recipe too! I am vegetarian and am going to try it with veggie ground round.

@freeglerock - Fantastic loss and you are doing so well! Whenever you have a moment, please post some photos of your most recent harvest! I love seeing those veggies!

@debbiewsharpe - I am so sorry about your sister’s house and belongings, but that is really good news that she and her husband are safe.

@Melzz19 - You job is just so cool! I love your photo of those beautiful sunflowers!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,076 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 194
    Cw 196
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,076 Member
    Options
    Ugh!!!! 2 pound weight gain. Not sure what is wrong. I ate so much fish this week. Vacation is almost over and I already have next week planned in my head. I will be eating so much chicken and salad. I also have my exercise for the week planned. Zumba starts back up at the gym so I just have to be the first one in line. My husband said I dont look like I gained 2 pounds but I can feel it. We had our picture taken today and I almost died looking at it. We went to Boston on a whale watch it was fun but the picture sucked. After we went to eat. I got a turkey sandwich, told them to hold the fries and give me a salad. I used a little dressing, ate half the salad and half the sandwich. Only 1 beer. I worry because my mom used to be skinny but after kids and as she got older she could not lose weight and got bigger and I dont want that to happen and I am nearing 200 pounds and I am not ok with that. The gym has a spin class I am going to talk to my instructor about, I might take it go outside my comfort zone.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Thanks Lisa!

I'll make sure to continue to check in. I'm pretty far behind in reading posts and do want to continue encouraging everyone. I hope to get through them over the weekend. (It doesn't look like 3rd shift has to work so that will be nice)
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ancvhofmt9zy.jpeg

I’m a little late for water Wednesday but I did 99.4 oz Wednesday and spent the day near the Missouri breaks in the badlands. I find them so beautiful 😍. My friend is coming up to see me soon we will be doing some hiking in the national park that will be along the breaks. I can’t wait I’ve wanted to hike them since I’ve moved up here but haven’t had a chance to. Food for yesterday and today was on track and under my goal. One of the other locators will be back tomorrow so hopefully won’t be driving as much and be doing some more walking 😊 I’ve been helping out up north a lot which is an hour drive one way
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @Missymouse75 - Just found it is your birthday today. Happy Birthday!!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    8/5 steps 11,332
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Steps for August 7 - 15484
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: bburrer30
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 167
    Today's weight: 167

Well I am glad I didn't gain any weight This week. I started a new job where I'm working dayshift 5 days a week so that has definitely been a change. I haven't figured out a good schedule on working out and everything yet. So right now I mainly focusing on making healthy eating choices.

This week I think my goal is to not gain any way if I lose any I will be excited. All my family is up from Texas Wyoming and Colorado so just trying not to over eat and make healthy choices is what I keep reminding myself.

How do those who have busy schedules try to work in exercises? I cant wake up earlier I already get up at 430am .
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/06 steps 7663
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    @bburrer30 - When you have a busy schedule, sometimes you have to explicitly schedule time to workout. If something is in my calendar, I'm 800% more likely to actually do it than if I just hope for some free time in which I feel both motivated and physically capable.

I typically work out super early in the AM before my work day starts. When I have to be at work early in the morning, I schedule a workout for half an hour to an hour after I expect to be done with my work day. That gives me enough time to switch gears, change, and get all of my stuff together.

Planning ahead and carving out time is really the only thing that allows me to get my workouts in these days. Otherwise I most definitely would not do a thing.

@Missymouse75 - Happy belated birthday!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 1 Friday
    PW 148.0
    CW 147.6
    Ltd 21.2 lbs
    I am good with this small loss this week. I have been tracking measurements and those are down this week too, so that is really good. We are leaving soon for vacation, so I will not be posting again. until later tomorrow. I am bringing a small portable scale to keep weigh tracking. It is pretty accurate and in sync with my regular one.

A couple of reminders!

Anyone who is participating in the step challenge this week, if you are not posting your steps daily, please post your steps for each day (Sunday, August 2nd to Saturday, August 8th) on Sunday, August 9th. I will announce the winners on that day or the following day.

For weigh ins, please keep posting your weights on your weigh in day here and we will get them recorded. If you are late, please post your weight here by midnight tomorrow, Saturday August 9th (whatever time zone you are in). If you miss the deadline, you are recorded as a “NWI” (No weigh in) for the week. If that happens for 2 weeks straight, you are moved off the weight loss team to the drop list. Theresa and I can get that reversed for you, but let’s all try to stay accountable and on the team!

Thanks!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

@Melzz19 I LOVE hiking! That area of Missouri looks amazing. Hubs and I spent a week in Montana last summer hiking through the Bitterroot Valley and spent a day driving up to Glacier National and hiking up there as well. Gorgeous country - Glacier was so pretty I cried. This is Hidden Lake in Glacier National. I mean... WOW.
    3xb5tub18jwo.jpg

Today is "Factoid Friday" - basically, share something you've learned about weight loss, weight management, nutrition, exercise, etc.

Guess what? There's no such thing as lower abs. Your abdominal shelf is divided into left and right, not upper and lower. When you crunch, you're crunching the entire abdominal panel, no matter if it's a standard crunch, reverse crunch, or leg lift. You should also balance ab work with back exercises where you start on your stomach and lift your chest and legs off the ground. Strengthening your back helps your overall posture and can help you keep your abs engaged.

Oh - Weigh in for Goal Zone: 137 - Still in the zone, but not ideal. I gotta track my food a bit and start some meal preps now that I'm heading back to work.
This discussion has been closed.