Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    JillyBT wrote: »
    I am trying intermittent fasting every few days. I did two 16/8 days in a row. I’ll see if I’ll do another one tonight. I should research it. I know many of you have or currently do it. Any advice?

I've been doing IF since July last year. My advice is to take it slow, don't rush it. Otherwise it's easy to slip. Stay with 16:8 for a month or so, you will know when you are ready to fast for longer.
    For now, try to lower your carbs, eat more good fats instead, like avocado, salmon, nuts. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm happy to help
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    KristieJC
    Weigh in: Monday
    PW: 197.1
    CW: 198.4
    LTD: 13.6

Bad bad week. I did not follow my eating plan at all and went overboard. I was dreading weigh-in and posting today.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    KristieJC wrote: »
    Bad bad week. I did not follow my eating plan at all and went overboard. I was dreading weigh-in and posting today.

That's me this weekend...Husband is ill and I tend to just hang out with him and stay close (but not too close), ply him with wellness tea and generally take care of him.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    Welp, a weekend of not tracking what I ate, eating past the point of being full, and a few too many cocktails... this week is going to be interesting. Maybe it wasn't that bad, but only time will tell. All I know is that my body is not used to being completely stuffed anymore.

Time to drink a bunch of water, do regular stretches, and ask myself "Am I hungry, or am I bored?"

Anyway. Happy Monday, everyone! Let's make this week something to be proud of!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/09 steps 10704
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    f9e0wm51rvbw.png
    x1s6wbqkm1jj.png
    vt7x9v5n4khr.png
    i9eur8vylvvn.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.48%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.38%
    3rd Downsizers 0.64%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 26.8 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 22.9 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 22.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @krupalip 3.45 %
    2nd @alanpeisakoff 2.93%
    3rd @TASCascalho 2.70 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @alanpeisakoff 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @TASCascalho 5.3 Lbs
    3rd @timibotkin 5.2 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Bettyboag
    @nicholeisme
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @Tazaria87
    @28Haveitall2020
    @Melzz19
    @goingape
    @cherrymajoni
    @Jactop

jddnd1e3268e.png

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    ftg6hd8r58nb.png

Under 150
    @eggfreak

Under 225
    @FormerlyFit48

40+ lost
    @Zumba_luvah

50+ lost
    @goingape
    @Beka3695

48w13vcrrots.jpg
    CONGRATS ON REACHING ONEDERLAND
    @tobeme3
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean Creatine supports muscle development, amongst other things. It is often used by bodybuilders for increased strength and size, but there is research showing it can be helpful in maintaining muscle mass in seniors, and is safe to use for just about anyone. Creatine is part of our diet through red meat and fish; excess creatine is not used by the body and is not harmful. Maximum saturation occurs for most people within 5 to 7 days of creatine loading - taking up to 30 grams per day.

I decided to take it as I am 99% vegetarian and won't be getting it through my diet. I also want to support my muscles now that I am lifting again, and I have a lot of problems with my right trapezius so I am effectively rehabbing it. I haven't taken creatine before but I have been able to put my weights up from last week.

There's good info on WebMD or Men's Health (typical of muscle building to be aimed at men!)

Thanks for sharing, Kristy. This is interesting for vegetarians and seniors. Still a little hard for me to understand but there are some good scientific research studies about creatine. One thing's for sure, you need to know what you're doing and take it in cycles for brief periods with a rest period afterward.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    9dce6qarf3w9.jpg
    What a Week!
    Week one was outstanding and it was great to see some new members on the board!

@timibotkin Congratulations for taking 3rd place in F2F overall in lbs lost with 5.2 lbs last week. It must have been great to step on the scale and see that number!
    fbnv6e0c1j9n.png

Congratulations to @Zumba_Luvah for 40+ lbs lost and to @goingape for 50+ lbs lost. Oh, that must feel fantastic in so many ways.

Who will be next week's losers? Stay tuned :wink:

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @KristieJC Don't beat yourself up about a bit of a gain. As much as we hate to see it, it's a learning opp. Even better, a bit of an 'eat-up,' as I like to call it, helps our bodies to lose. A reset can be good for us every now and then. Onward Ho!

@minstrelofsarcasm Surely you deserve it with all that 'vigorous' cycling. LOL. Ditto to the above.

@CassieGetsFit2013 I sure hope you ate a lot when you got home from that workout!
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @nstepheson1 I can’t wait to hike this area my company is based out of Williston but I cover mostly the south side of the Missouri River to the badlands and sometimes all the way to Belfield I love driving this part of the country I find it so beautiful
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    xww4ry99qluj.jpg
    Step Challenge Winners!

And the winning steppers are...

@debbiewsharpe with 111,610 steps
    @goingape with 106,474 steps
    @timibotkin with 103,888

I've noticed that new team members are on the board in so many ways this week. The great thing about that is that they're going to influence how well we all do.

• debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/10 steps 21,222
    Busy day at the grocery store and several walks at home. It finally quit raining but forecast for more to come this week
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    17771 steps for Monday.

I hope everyone is having a good day. Made some overnight oats for tomorrow’s lunch so no hassle in the morning. This used to trip me up all the time.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to be geeky now...
    Every time I see anyone talk about creatine, my brain turns it to krillitane...yikes!

I don't know if any of you are Who fans...but I think it pretty funny. If you aren't, you can google it...
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hey Team WNM! I am mostly unplugged on vacation, but checking in here and there. So Murphy’s law happened on day 2 of vacation when an auditor from my professional association contacted me for a random audit of my practice! Who does that in August? I hope that I have given him enough details to delay this thing to September. We had a strong start to August and hope that everyone is doing well!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/10 steps 10414
This discussion has been closed.