Week: 2
    PW (Previous Weight): 201.6
    CW (Current Weight): 203.4
    LTD (Loss to Date):

• Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    oh3kaunubq07.png

Been kicking some butt today was only suppose to do one well pad today well that turned into two more projects needing done today. Finished the first one in half the time it normally takes me and finished the other two projects too. Now to lie down and stretch my back a bit.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Zumba_Luvah thanks! Yes, so close to the 150’s! I can’t wait! I’m getting close to goal!😊👍🏻
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Hope you’re all doing well! I have not been on here much, pretty much just entering my weekly weigh-in. I just wanted to check-in.

I’m feeling really good! Have been on track & sticking to plan! Back to my workouts, IF & tracking everything! When I have dinner plans, I’ve been just eating that one meal so I can enjoy it. I drink lots of water with lemon & fresh fruit & green or herbal tea all day. I have not been this focused in a long time. I’m proud of myself, I’ve been losing & staying on track with no weekly WW meeting. I’m still following WW & tracking my points, but not attending the weekly Zoom meeting.

Looking forward to when the weather cools off, it’s been so hot & humid!

Have a good evening!😊
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, August 11 20,020 steps
    surprised at my total today . I talked on the phone with family and friends while walking this morning. Time passed by quickly.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I'm glad you had a better day today and have taken some more time to heal. I love crocheting dolls too. My daughter Elisabeth, who is 31, still takes her doll on every vacation in her suitcase. It seems like just yesterday I made it and Elisabeth was only about 8 weeks old.

We have so many things in common, you and I. Try to rest more. Even when you're off, you're doing so much.

Elisabeth read me this quote the other day when I wouldn't just take a day to chill as she says. And just so you know, chilling involves putting on really comfy shorts and laying about with your feet propped up even higher than on an ottoman or a lawn chair. You need to lay on your bed and put your legs up on a 90-degree angle against the headboard or the wall... Anyway, here is the quote (she's pretty heavy-handed but usually right:

"Capitalism has stolen from us our ability to imagine and hope. If I tell someone in 2020 to rest, they say 'I could never do that.' Folks are so traumatized from grinding that even a basic human function seems out of reach."

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Arghh...that thing just happened where I had drafted a long response to several of you and it vanished. From memory...

@podperson1 Whoa! 2.8 lbs is spectacular. Maybe takeaway has more sodium and fat. I hear you about people acting like nothing is going on! I live downtown in Toronto and shake my head every day. I love your therapist's idea about finding things that settle you. I'm writing that down.

@melaniedscott I, too, am a fellow geek. In fact, I subscribe to a VPN service just to get the BBC in order to watch Doctor Who and even geekier shows like A House Through Time.

@timibotkin I'm sorry to hear about your friend. No one deserves that. Also, I keep loving your profile pic.

Speaking of pics, @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx @nstephenson01 @GingerPwr @Melzz19 ~ spectacular pics all!

@hope002 Great advice about not rushing it. I firmly believe that losing weight slowly is healthier and has a better chance of staying off. Thanks for reminding us of that.

@Cafelelia Audit! Who does that in August? Enjoy yourself my friend.

@jedaschultz Keep up with your healthy habits and it will come. This has been a year to behold and not in a good way. Onward ~ you can do it!

@annliz23 What a big worry with your son. Big hug.

@Melzz19 Great stepping and active minutes!

@kirsten11872 I love your idea about dinner plans. @Cafelelia mentioned something about IF OMAD, which I'd never heard before and it stands for one meal a day fasting. Way to use that strategy strategically. It's been humid here too. The weather here is a lot like yours.

@debbiewsharpe What a great idea to walk while taking long calls with family. I'm going to try that!

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    steps for today - 13570.

I prepped a veg / bean salad for tomorrow. It has red pepper, tomato, brown beans, cauliflower, bit of salsa, bit of catalina dressing and some frito hoops on top --carefully weighed : ) --for crunch. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it.....lol.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I typed something earlier today but now I don’t see it.... I must have never hit post!

JillyBT
    Tuesday Week 2
    PW 159
    CW 159

Uggg no loss but yea no gain. So frustrating watching my husband shed the pounds and I go up one I go down one in a vicious circle.

Thank you @Cafelelia and @hope002 for the IF information. My husband is agreeing to eat dinner earlier so I can really accomplish the 16 hour fast. Hoping that helps me in week 3!

@minstrelofsarcasm I’m so impressed with the opportunity to be a spin instructor!

Still trying to get back into the walking twice a day and trying to get a solid 7 hours of sleep a night. It took two weeks last time I did this sleep routine so I have another week to go. They say sleep is so important for health, weight loss and lessening the chances of dementia. So trying to make it a priority again. With that said it’s my bedtime. Good night!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thanks for the advice. You busted me on my rest day lol. I dusted, cleaned the bathroom, scrubbed and shined the kitchen sink and cleaned 2 kitchen cupboards. But I was very cautious. I’m going to do the leg elevation today. Great idea. I love your doll story. Do you have a picture? I will post mine soon. I sewed her a Sunday dress and panties yesterday. I have several cute outfits planned. As well as fancy fairy wings and dress. I’m creating my own patterns so it’s challenging but fun.
    I made it the whole day without pain pills yesterday. So relieved!
    Getting my haircut this morning.
    I purposely went without a nap yesterday and was able to get a good 8 hours sleep thankfully!
    My eating has been spot on since we came back from vacation. No sugar. Lots of fruits and vegetables. It helps being home.
    And I made it through my PT exercises!
    Have a good day everyone!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 great job this week! We see the same thing here with people not taking proper precautions. But we too do what we can. Good luck with your stress relief. What’s on your enjoy list?
    We have recently been playing Mexican train dominoes. So much family fun!

Also wanted to note that I am faithfully drinking at least 64 0z of water daily.
    My head is in a good space.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.6 (August 6th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (August 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

So, I'm hoping that's water weight. But I also haven't been eating the best, because I'm back in the mindset of "I went to the gym, so I can eat this... and this... and this", so it's probably only partially water weight. Trying to break out of that, but there's only so many things I can do in my apartment, and only so many times I can go to the gym without increasing the potential for injury.

I was also bombarded with snacks yesterday. Since my birthday is at the end of the month, and my mom feels bad that we won't be spending it together, as she lives a nine hour drive away (and we shouldn't be around each other due to the pandemic), she sent me a very large box of all the junk foods I love. I won't lie, I was tempted to eat the entire bag of peanut butter cookies as soon as it arrived. Instead, I kept out a few pouches of snacks on the shelf in my kitchen, and put the rest back into the box and closed it. Hoping that out-of-sight, out-of-mind feeling kicks in. I'll probably draft a blog post comparing the snacks in the box to the game in Jumanji.

In Summary: My gain this week is being blamed on water retention, which is likely coming from eating too much junk, having snacks nearby, and the blazing sun. I hope it has nothing to do with my MS and the inflammation it causes, but I will drop into cryotherapy this week and see if that helps at all.

Food: Not great, but I went grocery shopping yesterday and intend to prep a bunch of healthier snacks for myself so I can avoid using peanut butter cookies to soothe my stress.

Exercise: 7 spin classes, 19 miles walked, 4 minutes of planks, 2 trips up the stairs to carry in 2 weeks worth of groceries

Water: Drank nearly 1.5 gallons per day - issues due to dehydration cropped up during my walk on Monday in which I forgot (read: decided not) to bring my water bottle.

This Week: I'm going to weigh myself again tomorrow morning and see if the water weight has decreased. I don't expect this week to be a loss at all, but it would ease my mind to see the numbers below 167 again. I currently have four spin classes booked, but I will likely be talked into taking at least one class this evening, and I have yet to schedule anything for the weekend. I'm sure that number will increase.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed support about my audition to be a spin instructor. The audition is August 29th, and my birthday is the 28th, so I'm looking at it as a present to myself in which I don't count myself out before I give myself the chance to try.

Hope everyone's Wednesday is going well!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has expressed support about my audition to be a spin instructor. The audition is August 29th, and my birthday is the 28th, so I'm looking at it as a present to myself in which I don't count myself out before I give myself the chance to try.

Hope everyone's Wednesday is going well!

We're birthday twins! I wasn't one of the ones who said nice things but I'll do that now...I'm sure you'll kill it!

My cousin and my other cousin's daughter all share that same b-day.

So sweet of your mom to send treats you love. If it were my mom (and I still had any kind of relationship with her and she sent treats), she'd send stuff like Mounds and Payday (vomit emoji here) and...I can't think of a specific cookie I don't like...macaroons (american, not the pretty, sweet nice ones), maybe, I'm not much of a cookie person (okay, girl scout cookies are pretty good...). So...short version: you're lucky, she loves you, thinks of you, sends you special treats you like and bothers to know you well enough to know what you actually like.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/11 steps 8135
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,329 Member
    Options

We're birthday twins!

That's awesome! I've met a bunch of people with August birthdays, but never anyone on the exact same day!

I wasn't one of the ones who said nice things but I'll do that now...I'm sure you'll kill it!

Thank you!
    So sweet of your mom to send treats you love. If it were my mom (and I still had any kind of relationship with her and she sent treats), she'd send stuff like Mounds and Payday (vomit emoji here) and...I can't think of a specific cookie I don't like...macaroons (american, not the pretty, sweet nice ones), maybe, I'm not much of a cookie person (okay, girl scout cookies are pretty good...). So...short version: you're lucky, she loves you, thinks of you, sends you special treats you like and bothers to know you well enough to know what you actually like.

I love my mom, and I appreciate everything she's done for me, even if my waistline does not. I'm definitely lucky when it comes to parents. They don't understand why I want to lose weight, but they've stopped attempting to sabotage it, so I'll consider that to be a win.

This discussion has been closed.