Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I loved your catch up message, especially the story of Nicole's relationship with ice cream and hunger. What a great way to look at food. Enjoy your time at the shore!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    steps: Wednesday 8/12 20,753
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Steps for today 13093

@sleepymom5 I feel you on the snacking challenges. I made a sinful pan of goodness we call Christmas crack. And well that hits all the right buttons for temptation. I have since learned over the last few days I still don’t have the self control to stay away from my trigger foods. I will need to toss the rest (since the kids aren’t eating it fast enough).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.6 (August 6th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (August 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

So, I'm hoping that's water weight.

Guess what? It was. Weighed in at 167.2 lbs this morning, which I think is a much more reasonable weight when compared to last week's. Maybe it's time to switch my weigh day. Wednesdays must still feel the after effects of my weekends.

Also, I wrote a quick blog about water retention yesterday, if anyone is curious about how prevalent it is:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/12 steps 10552
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 160.4
    LTD: 19
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    that was a nice surprise to see on the scale today, i did step on the scale monday and it was a little lower but i will take this. i did have a small bowl of ice cream last night as a special treat that i am hoping is the reason its more today. i started back to zumba which was great. i talked to my instructor about the spin class she teaches on monday nights that i think i am going to give a try. i have been cutting some of my portions in half, drinking more water, added in more fruits, veggies and salads. that gross drink i have been drinking in the mornings is becoming more tolerable and i think it is helping my stomach a little, we will see as time goes on. i hope the number on the scale keeps moving down. i did skip my workout yesterday to sit in the pool because it was so hot out and i know we will not have many more days of this. it is going to be a little cooler this weekend. i am treating myself to a pedicure today and i think i will go for a walk after dinner.

@sleepymom5 my dog gets all the leftover too. sometimes i have been known to even make her a hotdog or something special for herself.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.6 (August 6th)
    CW (Current Weight): 168.2 (August 12th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 65.8 lbs

So, I'm hoping that's water weight.

Guess what? It was. Weighed in at 167.2 lbs this morning, which I think is a much more reasonable weight when compared to last week's. Maybe it's time to switch my weigh day. Wednesdays must still feel the after effects of my weekends.

Also, I wrote a quick blog about water retention yesterday, if anyone is curious about how prevalent it is:

Ashley, I'm going to record your weight as 167.2 lbs this week. Would you like to move to Thursdays? I can make that happen. I feel so powerful just saying that. ;)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options

Ashley, I'm going to record your weight as 167.2 lbs this week. Would you like to move to Thursdays? I can make that happen. I feel so powerful just saying that. ;)

Sure, let's move to Thursdays for now. Let's see if it helps! Thank you!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited August 2020
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    that was a nice surprise to see on the scale today, i did step on the scale monday and it was a little lower but i will take this. i did have a small bowl of ice cream last night as a special treat that i am hoping is the reason its more today. i started back to zumba which was great. i talked to my instructor about the spin class she teaches on monday nights that i think i am going to give a try. i have been cutting some of my portions in half, drinking more water, added in more fruits, veggies and salads. that gross drink i have been drinking in the mornings is becoming more tolerable and i think it is helping my stomach a little, we will see as time goes on. i hope the number on the scale keeps moving down. i did skip my workout yesterday to sit in the pool because it was so hot out and i know we will not have many more days of this. it is going to be a little cooler this weekend. i am treating myself to a pedicure today and i think i will go for a walk after dinner.

@sleepymom5 my dog gets all the leftover too. sometimes i have been known to even make her a hotdog or something special for herself.

Congratulations, Tracy! About Spinning, the first time I went, I wanted to strangle the woman who convinced us all to go. It was 10 of us from the office. I thought I would never go back. But, now I have my own Spin bike. Nothing fancy, our community centre sold them to the regulars in the class when they got new ones. Start slow and you may have found an exciting new cardio passion. Go early to get help setting up your bike and some pointers for beginners. Let us know how you like...or hate...your first class.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited August 2020
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    steps for today - 13570.

I prepped a veg / bean salad for tomorrow. It has red pepper, tomato, brown beans, cauliflower, bit of salsa, bit of catalina dressing and some frito hoops on top --carefully weighed : ) --for crunch. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it.....lol.

I forgot to say, this sounds delicious! How was it?
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Thanks for the concern, but I have not been sick on the new regimen. Next week is my second dose and I hope it stays the same. I have had less appetite so that may have helped with the drop in weight. Let's hope I can keep that up. I have not been feeling as sleepy most days but not as much energy either. Most of the time I have been working on my cross stitch - it's a little more than 1/4 done! I still take one or two very short walks every day. And my husband has NOT taken over the housework or cooking yet.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get into the community at all yesterday? It appears the app is still glitchy. I haven't caught up on all the posts. Anyway, after 102 days of no community transmission of Covid, we now have cases again. My city is back in level 3 lockdown and waiting to hear today if that will extend. We have 17 cases and no idea how it got into the community because we only had a handful of cases at the border in managed isolation. I am once again working from home, kids are home from school, shops are shut etc. We are under stay at home orders unless essential to leave.

Food-wise I have been on track, getting in good gym sessions. Once again thankful for my home gym. Last night I lifted the heaviest weight I have ever done for bench press. Which isn't heavy because that's always been weak for me - 25 kg - but damnit, that's better than when I was at my fittest, lightest and strongest. I actually went up on all my weights, but most of them are nowhere near what I used to lift. Yet. 😄 💪

I see a few comments about spin bikes - I love mine. I actually have two because I recently bought a new one. Spinning is my primary cardio.

I am also a Dr Who fan, but I can keep creatine straight in my head. 🤣 Of course, now I think Krillitane every time I say it. Thanks for that!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nstephenson01
    Week 2
    Thursday
    PW: 174.4
    CW: 172
  • goingape
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    steps for today - 13570.

I prepped a veg / bean salad for tomorrow. It has red pepper, tomato, brown beans, cauliflower, bit of salsa, bit of catalina dressing and some frito hoops on top --carefully weighed : ) --for crunch. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it.....lol.

I forgot to say, this sounds delicious! How was it?

So delish, I made it again for tomorrow's lunch. I can be a creature of habit. : D
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    21,542 Thursday 8/13
  • goingape
    Options
    Today’s steps 15950
This discussion has been closed.