@lennoncpa Lilly Rose is one cute dog.

@Mrsbell8well Lula Mae is a sweety too.

Two southern belle names.

Thanks for sharing :)
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz

.. hubby is also watching his weight and he lost 6 pounds this week, great for him but deflating for me.

Men are so annoying when it comes to weight loss. They usually lose more weight with what seems like less effort than women do - it's because they generally have a different muscle to fat ratio than women do. More lean muscle = more calories burned = more weight lost quicker. Which is also why it's a good idea to lift weights while losing weight, and avoid creating a steep calorie deficit. The large calorie deficit encourages the body to burn both fat and muscle for energy, while lifting weights encourages the body to retain that muscle (it can't really build much without a calorie surplus.) Lifting also gives a higher after-burn of calories.

My husband is a prime example of this also. He wasn't really that overweight. He's 6"2 and was around 97kg / 213 lbs back in February, but with a lot of lean muscle and not much fat. He wasn't happy with the little bit of 'pudge' on his stomach so he lost some weight - down to 85kg / 187 lbs within 2 months or so, while eating 2500 + calories per day. The pudge is gone and now he has muscles everywhere again. (He was 7% body fat when we got together 20 years ago.)

His weight loss is just plain annoying when it's taken me 5 months to lose that much, exercising consistently and eating a lot less than 2500. But, men have a different physiology. The lucky *kitten*.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 thanks for the recommendation Patsy. We started watching Virgin River last night. It’s a bit like a Hallmark movie. Beautiful scenery shot in Canada.
    @sleepymom5 Pam you stumped me with your question. I paid careful attention when drinking last night so I could describe the taste of my green drink to you. If you took a romaine leaf and placed a few sprigs of parsley in it, squirted it with lemon juice and a grating of fresh ginger made a wrap and ate it that’s probably close to what you could expect. Those are the flavors that stand out. It’s very earthy. Not sweet. Maybe a little bitter but not much. There is something creamy and nourishing about it. One of the tips was to strain it before drinking. That helped. It tastes nothing like store bought drinks. I really like it. But I can be odd about things like that.
    Very happy to be on my last day. Still a light headache but oh well. Avoiding medication while I’m cleansing. Using peppermint oil. I miss my energy but I know it will return soon.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz

.. hubby is also watching his weight and he lost 6 pounds this week, great for him but deflating for me.

Men are so annoying when it comes to weight loss. They usually lose more weight with what seems like less effort than women do - it's because they generally have a different muscle to fat ratio than women do. More lean muscle = more calories burned = more weight lost quicker. Which is also why it's a good idea to lift weights while losing weight, and avoid creating a steep calorie deficit. The large calorie deficit encourages the body to burn both fat and muscle for energy, while lifting weights encourages the body to retain that muscle (it can't really build much without a calorie surplus.) Lifting also gives a higher after-burn of calories.

My husband is a prime example of this also. He wasn't really that overweight. He's 6"2 and was around 97kg / 213 lbs back in February, but with a lot of lean muscle and not much fat. He wasn't happy with the little bit of 'pudge' on his stomach so he lost some weight - down to 85kg / 187 lbs within 2 months or so, while eating 2500 + calories per day. The pudge is gone and now he has muscles everywhere again. (He was 7% body fat when we got together 20 years ago.)

His weight loss is just plain annoying when it's taken me 5 months to lose that much, exercising consistently and eating a lot less than 2500. But, men have a different physiology. The lucky *kitten*.

My boyfriend doesn't understand having a bad relationship with some foods. He's one of those "eat to live" people, as compared to my "live to eat" mentality, and it drives me crazy when he isn't constantly thinking about food in some way like I am. He just eats what he wants to, when he wants to, with no consequences, and then just stops. How dare he feel full and stop eating!?!?!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I had some wine, but we did a lot of walking and hiking. Am really enjoying these last few days of vacation.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I am totally with you being annoyed with the guys. My husband is a foodie, is slim and has been the same weight for as long as we have been together. When he works out more, his muscles just pop out in no time. With my older son becoming a teen, it has reminded how fast teen metabolisms can be, particularly in sporty kids.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Congrats on the new PR for spinning! My younger son is the same as your boyfriend. He can have the most delicious dessert in front of him and he won’t touch if it he is not hungry. I have been observing and trying to learn from him.

@goingape - That is the first I have heard of a “chip belly” and it makes sense that it can happen. Maybe you husband will learn a bit from your efforts!

@debbiewsharpe & @Melzz19 - I am in awe of your steps!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Monday’s steps 8019.

My hubs has also been trying to lose a few pounds. He’s never been a big guy and He whatever he wants, when he wants but has put on a bit of a ‘chip’ belly. Not beer, lol. Potato chips are to blame. He’s lost a bit but not as much as he wants.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/17 steps 16822
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @theresamcvey
    I am doing OK even with the stomach issues - the oncologist thinks it is just trapped gas and suggested a clear liquid diet for a day or so. Good thing my appetite has diminished some. I have been drinking gatorade and water mostly, had some beef broth at supper time yesterday.
    We enjoyed Virgin River and will watch season 2 when it becomes available. It was nice watching all the episodes in two days instead of waiting a week in between each one. Last night we watched some of Sweet Magnolias
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I love the photos! You seem to glow
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia You are beautiful and look so happy every step of the way.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia wonderful photos of your journey! We are the same! I’m 5’3 with small bones. I was 150 this morning. I’m back on track and will get to goal with you!!!
    Sounds like you are enjoying your much needed vacation. You look so skinny!!!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia you have a beautiful smile! Can definitely see the difference in those photos too. I am also with you on the teenage boy metabolism - 15 y.o, 6ft tall and barely 70kg. He does a lot of exercise but he also never stops eating! Funnily though he naturally avoids anything too sugary/unhealthy and if he does have something like chocolate he has a piece or two and stops. My husband is the same. I'm totally feeling your comment @minstrelofsarcasm! I've never had that ability to have one or two then stop - it takes a lot of self-discipline for me! Mostly I don't bother starting to eat it.

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yesterday’s steps - 8019
This discussion has been closed.