lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walked in 5 minute chunks total 35 minutes 4/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,457 3/5
    DBF: 10

My doctor was able to prescribe some pain medication for me yesterday. It helped last night but it does make me sleepy. I am going to try my best to use it as little as possible. I am going to revamp my goals for October. With walking not working out for me I am going to try and figure out something else. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am limited due to my shoulder and my leg. Time to do some research.

I went over calories yesterday. I made a few poor choices and had some higher calorie foods. 🤦‍♀️ Back to the drawing board. I am off grocery shopping and my granddaughter will be coming over later. I only have 1 of the girls tonight.

The October challenge officially starts tomorrow. Here’s to an amazing month!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 35 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.6
    Current weight: 294.4

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Still hanging in there! Maybe this loss signals I've found the path again finally!! Fingers crossed!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    10/2
    Calories: less than 100 over
    Exercise: ✅
    Water: work is progress
    Steps: 18,539

Had another great day overall. Completed my 10 Round Workout in the am then walked 4.3 miles. I was Conscious of my calories and tracking all day. I need to stay focused today going out to dinner tonight. I am taking rest days today/tomorrow on 10 Rounds because I am sore and you are supposed to but need to get steps in prior. Hopefully the fam will be up for a walk or hike. Hard to fit it in to go myself on a weekend when they are around.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    Anybody doing anything exciting over the weekend ?

I will be resting, meal prepping and watching Nascar :)

I will be relaxing spending time with family, decorating for fall and dinner with friends tonight. Hopefully squeeze in some walks the fall weather is beautiful here right now

• rlaskey2
    Options
    Anybody doing anything exciting over the weekend ?

I will be resting, meal prepping and watching Nascar :)

I will be relaxing spending time with family, decorating for fall and dinner with friends tonight. Hopefully squeeze in some walks the fall weather is beautiful here right now

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    28 11.260 steps
    29 3.286 steps
    30 21.205 steps
    1 8.262 steps
    2 28.973 steps

Weight
    134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, I'm sorry but I won't be able to continue doing the step challenge. I've reinjured my left knee and so walking is out until it gets better it's too painful to put a lot of weight on it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    The October Team Chat is open! Please finish this week's weigh-ins here, and start introductions in the October thread -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811813/downsizers-october-2020-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in

My doctor was able to prescribe some pain medication for me yesterday. It helped last night but it does make me sleepy. I am going to try my best to use it as little as possible. I am going to revamp my goals for October. With walking not working out for me I am going to try and figure out something else. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am limited due to my shoulder and my leg. Time to do some research.

I went over calories yesterday. I made a few poor choices and had some higher calorie foods. 🤦‍♀️ Back to the drawing board. I am off grocery shopping and my granddaughter will be coming over later. I only have 1 of the girls tonight.

Goals for week
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week

Glad the doctor was able to prescribe you some pain medication...I hope you can get some relief ....Maybe look into chair workouts so you are not on your leg ... :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, I'm sorry but I won't be able to continue doing the step challenge. I've reinjured my left knee and so walking is out until it gets better it's too painful to put a lot of weight on it.

I will keep you on the step challenge....When you are ready to continue then just add your steps here.. I wish you a speedy recovery :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    To all the Newcomers....If you would like to be part of our step challenge ...Please let me know so I can add you to the spreadsheet ...Thank you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 295.6
    Current weight: 294.4

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Still hanging in there! Maybe this loss signals I've found the path again finally!! Fingers crossed!!

Nice loss! I know you are determined so you will have a great October.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    10/2
    Calories: less than 100 over
    Exercise: ✅
    Water: work is progress
    Steps: 18,539

Had another great day overall. Completed my 10 Round Workout in the am then walked 4.3 miles. I was Conscious of my calories and tracking all day. I need to stay focused today going out to dinner tonight. I am taking rest days today/tomorrow on 10 Rounds because I am sore and you are supposed to but need to get steps in prior. Hopefully the fam will be up for a walk or hike. Hard to fit it in to go myself on a weekend when they are around.

I just googled the 10 round workout. It sounds intense. What made you interested in this workout? You should take that rest day if you feel you need it. We don’t want you to end up with an injury.

Steps:
    28 11.260 steps
    29 3.286 steps
    30 21.205 steps
    1 8.262 steps
    2 28.973 steps

Weight
    134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs

Hang in there!

GOALS: Friday, Oct. 2

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Fri 10/2: 27,604

Those are some amazing steps! What do you do to hit over 27,000 steps? You are awesome!

Friday’s check in

Goals for week
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week

Glad the doctor was able to prescribe you some pain medication...I hope you can get some relief ....Maybe look into chair workouts so you are not on your leg ... :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I will research that this weekend.

Take care of that knee! I hope it feels better soon!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7573
    Exercise 21 minute treadmill

Went grocery shopping and then got lazy and didn't do much in the evening. Finally decided I needed more steps and did 21 minutes on the treadmill at like 9 pm while watching a show with my husband.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I subscribe to beach body online and 10 Round is the newest program. I love the trainer for this one. It combines cardio & strength training. I do need to rest though because I had a knee injury a couple months ago so I modify the exercises if needed to ensure I don’t over stress it.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 218.6
    CW 215.2
    LTD 107.8lbs
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Those are some amazing steps! What do you do to hit over 27,000 steps? You are awesome!

Thanks Linda! :) Elliptical counts as steps, so that, some treadmill running and a 3 mile morning walk and a 4 mile evening walk. Trying to get outside as much as I can before it gets too cold for me (which is pretty soon for my preference). Got a super long 8 mile walk in today with my whole fam this morning.

I hope you have some healing on your shoulder and leg. I have had a menagerie of injuries over the years, torn rotator and leg included. Both together is very hard, so sorry for your discomfort, I know it is painful. Rest is so important.

Some of the PT exercises for my shoulder: waiter carries, mouth pulls, standing Y's, side laying external rotations, high to low rows with bands, reverse flies, deltoid rows, lawn mower pulls, etc.

Torn rotator cuff is very common, but good news is that you can recover completely without surgery most often. Mine healed once I really rested it and did my PT exercises consistently. So do not feel guilty for resting. It took a long time for me though. But I am back to doing everything again without pain now.
    Wishing you healing and wellness.
    Have a great Saturday night!

• GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 218.6
    CW 215.2
    LTD 107.8lbs

WOW @Tazaria87 your LTD is incredible. Congratulations! :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options

I hope you feel better asap @Kitty2Katz
This discussion has been closed.