Fearless October 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    10/21:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: bodyweight strength. The glute made it abundantly clear that I wasn't quite 100% just yet, so bodyweight exercises were the right choice.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    10/21-Goals Met but my body said nope not today for our walk (I slept in) :) .... I will do Broadway Blast 2 times but going for 3 (90 minutes) :)
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Honestly, don’t like the muggy (and it does get that way here during the summer-land of 10,000 lakes and all of that!). My youngest attends UTDallas (although has been home with us since March) and it’s pretty steamy down there!

1. Food pretty good today. Had a small bowl of almonds. Think I’m just craving the sodium.
    2. Rest day from running but managed 6 miles walking at work. Done with work for the week, but have tons of stuff to get done these next few days...
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Got my mile in steps again today. Both on days when I did an errand outside of the house.

In spite of good intentions, when I'm home I guess I just don't move around much. Ive got a serious case of Couch-potato sickness and errands may be the cure!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    10/21:
    Food - too many calories yesterday, but it was a make-up for not having pre-loaded carbs for the long ride yesterday morning - I find myself eating more if I don't pre-load the longer rides. I will eat a few more carbs today in prep for tomorrow's longer ride. I checked my BG after the ride and it was in the lower 60's... I do alright on the eating as long as I can finish the ride with my BG in the 70's. Since the BG was low, the body demanded that I replenish it... causing me to overeat.

Exercise - rode 20.5 miles before work and finished the day with 9200 steps.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    eneild wrote: »
    Honestly, don’t like the muggy (and it does get that way here during the summer-land of 10,000 lakes and all of that!). My youngest attends UTDallas (although has been home with us since March) and it’s pretty steamy down there!

1. Food pretty good today. Had a small bowl of almonds. Think I’m just craving the sodium.
    2. Rest day from running but managed 6 miles walking at work. Done with work for the week, but have tons of stuff to get done these next few days...

It has been very muggy here the last couple of days, esp. for October. There is supposed to be a front coming thru tomorrow that should clear most of that humidity out. This past summer was really nasty - low temps over night were in the high 70's and low 80's and the humidity felt like it never got below 60 - I would come in from my morning rides and just drip puddles where ever I went - it was too humid for the sweat to evaporate even with the added wind from riding.
  • baconslave
    Options
    10/22:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: yard hike

• eneild
    Options
    1. Food on plan today.
    2. 7 mile training run plus another 4 miles cleaning the house/running errands.
    ccrdragon wrote: »

It has been very muggy here the last couple of days, esp. for October. There is supposed to be a front coming thru tomorrow that should clear most of that humidity out. This past summer was really nasty - low temps over night were in the high 70's and low 80's and the humidity felt like it never got below 60 - I would come in from my morning rides and just drip puddles where ever I went - it was too humid for the sweat to evaporate even with the added wind from riding.

We did a quick trip down to Richardson early August just to check the condition of her apartment, etc before the semester started and were stunned with how uncomfortable it was!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    10/22/20
    Prelogged :)
    Steps 7044
    I gave an old barre routine dvd a try yesterday. Only got through 10 min before my right calf tightened up. Will try that again this weekend. I need to mix things up to keep from getting bored.

Our trip to see family in NV got cancelled yesterday. I can quarantine since I work from home but my hubby cannot and would lose pay. Still taking the time off though, will use it to get stuff done around the house.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/21-10/22
    Calorie goal 😁👿 had a really good day Wednesday then a total flex day yesterday. My saboteur brought bad snacks in for the football games this weekend which I sampled. We also had Italian for dinner to use a certificate at a place that is shutting down. Man, was it good. Move was good both days so I’ll roll with it and finish leftovers today. Our new puppy arrives today so my activity will definitely elevate for the time being.

Snacking 😀👿 see above!
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/23:
    Food - calories were good, carbs higher to brace for this morning's ride, protein where it should be.
    Exercise - 17 mile bike ride before work, finished the day with 9200 steps.

We had a cold front blow thru this morning... was hoping to get home from my ride before it got into the area, but I didn't and got soaked the last 1.5 miles of the ride. It was a good ride anyway!
  • baconslave
    Options
    10/22/20
    Prelogged :)
    Steps 7044
    I gave an old barre routine dvd a try yesterday. Only got through 10 min before my right calf tightened up. Will try that again this weekend. I need to mix things up to keep from getting bored.

Our trip to see family in NV got cancelled yesterday. I can quarantine since I work from home but my hubby cannot and would lose pay. Still taking the time off though, will use it to get stuff done around the house.

Sorry about your trip. :disappointed:
    We can't do much of anything while trying to protect my Dad and community spread is trending upward here quickly and people are very mask resistant. Me and my sis are discussing her missing her Xmas visit this year as she'll be in 2 airports and 2 shuttles in the process. She's in Houston. And I'm in northeastern TN.

I'm like you about mixing up workouts. :blush: I get bored pretty easily. I might bust out my old Piyo vids this next week as I'm on a bodyweight kick as I baby this dumb glute.
  • baconslave
    Options
    10/23:
    Food - calories were good, carbs higher to brace for this morning's ride, protein where it should be.
    Exercise - 17 mile bike ride before work, finished the day with 9200 steps.

We had a cold front blow thru this morning... was hoping to get home from my ride before it got into the area, but I didn't and got soaked the last 1.5 miles of the ride. It was a good ride anyway!

Oh no! Yuck. Glad it was still a good ride. I'm mean, I know the rain sucked, but I bet the cooler weather will be nice. We had gotten cooler here and then we've been upper 70s, got to 80 yesterday, which is uncomfortable when you're used to 60s. I'm looking forward to our cool front finally coming in this weekend. The leaves are changing here finally.
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    10/21-10/22
    Calorie goal 😁👿 had a really good day Wednesday then a total flex day yesterday. My saboteur brought bad snacks in for the football games this weekend which I sampled. We also had Italian for dinner to use a certificate at a place that is shutting down. Man, was it good. Move was good both days so I’ll roll with it and finish leftovers today. Our new puppy arrives today so my activity will definitely elevate for the time being.

Snacking 😀👿 see above!

Our dear Saboteurs. :unamused: Sounds like you had a good time though. Enjoy that pupper!

10/22 Goals Met...About to go on my walk and then I will be doing Broadway Blast hopefully 3 times today .... I lost 3.8 lbs this week ....I am over the moon... I haven't been this low since 2009/2010 when I was 1st on this site :) Happy FriYAY everyone ... I hope you all have a great weekend :)

Congrats on the whoosh!!! Great weekend backatcha!

eneild wrote: »
    1. Food on plan today.
    2. 7 mile training run plus another 4 miles cleaning the house/running errands.

We did a quick trip down to Richardson early August just to check the condition of her apartment, etc before the semester started and were stunned with how uncomfortable it was!

Nice job!
  • baconslave
    Options
    As you all can see, I'm feeling chatty today. :smirk:

10/22:
    logged and on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent: bodyweight strength
  • eneild
    Options
    Friday!
    1. Food as planned and logged.
    2. 3 mile training run plus another 5 miles walked, mainly doing errands.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For 10/23
    Logged but not permitted since I went to dinner with friends last night.
    6383 steps
    No strength, maybe today lol