Fearless October 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. Food was ok today, felt rather snacky and did eat pecans. No more in the house now so should help with the temptation.
    2. Rest day today but still managed to walk 6 miles running errands and cleaning. Overall a really nice day and managed to make a good dent in a new book!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/10
    Calorie goal👍🏻 Finally!
    Snacking 👍🏻 Progress! I reeeeallly wanted popcorn about 9pm but I got up and moved and then decided to focus on other things. It was difficult because I was a bit hungry but I refrained. If every day were like that!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    10/7 through 10/11
    Due to crazy storm and power outage (just restored last night) only logged food once.
    Camping trip Fri-Sun so no formal strength training but have bowling tonight.
    Steps were 7682, 1410, 6433, 8442 and 5222 so far today.
  • eneild
    Options
    Pretty nice weekend!
    1. My usual food with no deviations.
    2. 3 mile training run plus another 6 miles walked. My youngest daughter ran with me this morning which was a treat!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    10/9: Food and calories good, exercise - 20 miles on the bike, 9200 steps
    10/10: Food a little high, no deliberate exercise but did lots of cleaning and errands, 7900 steps
    10/11: Food calories low, high protein day, exercise - 20.7 miles on the bike, 11.9k steps for the day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    10/11
    Calorie goal - maintenance day with a couple of drinks during football. Overate at dinner instead of having leftovers for today.
    Snacking 👍🏻
  • eneild
    Options
    1. Usual daily menu. Not too exciting, but it works!
    2. Back to work today so walked around 7 miles in addition to my 4 mile training run. Temperatures set to drop into the 40’s in two days (and hovering in the low 30’s overnight). I’ll need to start giving my running gear some thought...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    10/11 rest day and goals met
    10/12 I did 2 walking dvd's (Leslie Sansone) that totaled 6 miles and goals met :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    10/12
    Prelogged - I tried but was not back in my routine yet
    Steps - 4121 almost there
    Strength - 30 min with trainer at the gym. Staring next week I'll be working with her once a week instead of every other week.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/12
    Rest day - food was high, no deliberate exercise, 3400 steps for the day.
  • taylok23
    Options
    10/12
    Calorie goal- a bit over my ideal deficit but should still be under what I burned for the day.

Snacking👍🏻I didn’t feel super full after dinner and likely could have eaten a bit more but again distracted myself to avoid more calories. It helps when hubs has buckled down too!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I am here and doing what I'm supposed to. Alas, exercise has to be curtailed right now. Sometime last week, one of my glutes started to get pissed. I never "pulled" or "tweaked" anything. My strength workout on Tues felt FANTASTIC. I was sore a little the next day as one would expect, but I did my yardhike. However, I woke the next morning with it hurting to put pressure on it of any kind. So for strength I did arms only. I walked again Friday. It was sore still and hurt to even sit on it. Saturday was worse and so I just uncomfortably sat on my duff all weekend as much as possible through yesterday. Things are slowly improving. Very slowly. Squatting for anything, dressing, getting up and down from sitting, stairs :grimace: I don't know how I do these things... Anyway, I might try a zero incline Dreadmill walk today. We'll see how things are feeling. I basically have a painful, baseball-size lump in my glute. Ibuprofen is my friend.

10/12:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :disappointed: flexin' like Jabba the Hut :lol:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    10/13 Goals met and I did 2 Richard Simmons DVD's yes he is cheesy but they were fun ..30 minute Broadway Blastoff and Richard Simmons Party off the pounds 53 minutes :)
  • eneild
    Options
    @Megan_smart... I love Richard Simmons! I was just telling my daughter about his tv show and videos and how kind, inclusive, and motivating he was!

The month is moving along...
    1. Food spot on.
    2. 3 Mile training run plus another 7 miles walked at work. Rest day tomorrow before a 6 mile run on Thursday. Starting to feel nervous about it as it’s the most I’ve ever (hopefully!) done.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/13:
    Food - calories good, protein 136g, carbs 106g net
    Exercise - walked 3.6 miles before work, finished the day with 9300 steps.

I popped 2 spokes on the rear wheel of the bike on Sunday (it's an old wheel and metal fatigue is catching up with it), and after talking to the mechanic at the bike shop about replacing them, it was cheaper to order a complete new wheel than to replace the spokes. The downside is that the new wheel won't get in until Friday, so I will be walking in the mornings instead of riding.
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Past few days have been about 3/4 of a mile. I keep planning on doing a mile, but my body won't go. I think soon it will just naturally increase; because I do feel increasing stamina and increasing activity around the house.
    I might try to throw in a targeted stretch or something, just because.
    So, all good here.

@baconslave ...that sounds terrible. Feel better. Our bodies are just so exasperating at times!!!

The are indeed! :rage:
  • baconslave
    Options
    10/12:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: 5 Miles of very limited movement leg-wise on Leslie Sansone. I did extra arms to keep the heartrate up. Not fantastic but I moved.

The glute is finally feeling like it is turning the corner, but as that is with the help of ice and NSAIDS, I'm not pushing anything and I'll continue limited movement Leslie days the rest of the week. Even though it GALLS ME b/c the weather is Fall and so beautiful right now, I can't risk the constant incline and decline of the yard. This garbage needs to be over asap.

Wishing you all a happy Hump Day!
  • baconslave
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    elize7 wrote: »
    Past few days have been about 3/4 of a mile. I keep planning on doing a mile, but my body won't go. I think soon it will just naturally increase; because I do feel increasing stamina and increasing activity around the house.
    I might try to throw in a targeted stretch or something, just because.
    So, all good here.

@baconslave ...that sounds terrible. Feel better. Our bodies are just so exasperating at times!!!

The are indeed! :rage:

ARGH. I meant "they" and I can't edit with Mod mode. :unamused: Sorry. Why did they do that?