Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    WHAT A DAY! Work was okay...we were actually kinda slow so I came home with only 7,500 steps. Not to fret! Put the kids to bed and hung out for a bit but by 945 I was out getting the rest of my steps in. I picked up an extra shift tomorrow (Today was an extra shift also) so I do not have any days off until the 19th. So I am TIREDDDD! Didn't have clean scrubs for tomorrow (or the next day! lol) So I also got some laundry done as well.

Final step count for 10/10: 11, 089 :smiley:

Ya'll have a good rest of your night and I'll check in with ya'll tomorrow!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    PW 196
    CW 196
    Feeling down about weight ...
    10/10 steps - 9,803

I do not have steps from you on 10/9
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    PW 196
    CW 196
    10/10 steps - 9,803

its better than a gain. You will get there
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Sorry I was silent all week.

My phone got damaged and that is what I use to log in and post regularly

I have trouble using mfp on my tablet

My weight for this week is 241.9. It is still a roller-coaster for me and I seem t have no will power to get things under control.

I won't be very active till I get a new smart phone but will try to come in every Tuesday to update my weight and check on everyone.

Have a blessed new week and congrats to all who stuck to their plans
    Xxx
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196
    CW (Current Weight): 197
    LTD (Loss to Date): 52

Steps:
    I was I’ll this week Mon-Fri and didn’t leave my room so the steps are <200.

Saturday (first day out!) 15 286

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Username: Draby2011
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 278 pounds
    Previous Weight: 232.8 pounds
    Current Weight: 230.2 pounds
    This Week's Loss: 2.6 pounds
    Loss to Date: 47.8 pounds

Amazing loss! You came back with a bang!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    PW 215.2
    CW 213.6
    MFP loss 56.4lbs
    LTD 109.4lbs
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 9
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 10356
    Exercise 60min walk

Got to go on my walk by myself again so that was nice. Clear my head in the middle of the day. Got good news on my great uncle yesterday. He started breathing more on his own and they took him off the vent last night. He's starting to recover.

Going camping today with my parents, not sure if I'll get an actual walk in. Will try to pay attention to my steps and not just sit.

Good news about your uncle! Enjoy your camping!

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in 10/9
    Steps: 8548
    Calories: 1204 (211 remaining)
    Water: 94oz
    Ring Streak: 33 days
    C25K: 0 of 3

Scale is down 0.3 today and I am starting to breathe a sigh of relief. I am feeling more hopeful that I am finally breaking through this plateau.

Sounds like you turned the corner. Great streak on closing those rings!

Happy Saturday Everyone :) .... I walked almost 5 miles yesterday (4.76 to be exact) I am sore but I am about to head out again for a shorter walk with my daughter and Aspen the husky ...I love my outside walks ..I upped my workouts to 6 days a week and I feel if I miss one day that I will give up all exercise which I do not want to do soooo off to walk I go :) ..I hope everyone is doing good ..........amazing loss this week ...Congrats everyone :)

Hope you enjoyed your walk!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Kitty2Katz wrote: »
    Thank you! @lindamtuck2018, I think it's important for me to stay where I have some support and encouragement. Not just directly, but through the comments of others on their own journey both highs & lows of what their going through. Thank you again Linda ❤️ it has been a tough week.

I agree treats during the holidays are hard to resist. But, what will help me to resist some, is no one around to make any of the yummy food. So temptation will be limited to store bought yummies. Because, I don't make treats my self. 😸

I never make treats myself as I am a terrible baker. It’s funny as I am a good cook.

iHUSTLE4MUSCLE

Saturday 10/10
    PW: 178.6
    CW: 179 :'(

GOALS: Friday, Oct. 9

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Thurs. 10/8: 10,000 (spinning) + 16,007 = 26,007
    Fri. 10/9: 9400 + 9200 (spinning) + 14,123 = 32,723

It’s a small gain and you are back on track. Next week I suspect you will lose that plus some. Your spinning and steps are awesome!

Just got back from a long walk ....4.86 miles... Tomorrow is rest day ..not that I want to but my feet are telling me to.... :) I have finally learned to listen to my body .. I do not want anymore injuries 3 fractures and 1 surgery (all feet) is enough

It is important to listen to your body.

eaturpasta wrote: »
    Saturday check in.

drank water yes
    7222 steps. Close
    Close rings every day... yes, thanks to some yoga!

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

I like that you and @azkunk are closing your rings everyday. Can you remind me again what the rings represent? I know I have been told before but I have a terrible memory.

cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 294.4
    Current weight: 295.2

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Glad to see you still sticking with this!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Steps 27,462
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout And 5 mile trail walk

Another great day while the kids were in school, completed morning work out and met old friends for. Trail walk nearby that I had never been to. It was supposed to be a 3 miles loop but we got mixed up and ended up walking about 5 miles. Spent the rest of the day getting ready for friends to visit for the weekend. Treated myself to a couple of glasses of wine after all my steps.

Great job meeting all your goals. Sounds like you had a nice day! Keep this up and you will pull another loss this week.

PW 196
    CW 196
    10/10 steps - 9,803

Hang in there. Concentrate on meeting your goals this week and the weight will come down. What are your goals for this week?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    WHAT A DAY! Work was okay...we were actually kinda slow so I came home with only 7,500 steps. Not to fret! Put the kids to bed and hung out for a bit but by 945 I was out getting the rest of my steps in. I picked up an extra shift tomorrow (Today was an extra shift also) so I do not have any days off until the 19th. So I am TIREDDDD! Didn't have clean scrubs for tomorrow (or the next day! lol) So I also got some laundry done as well.

Final step count for 10/10: 11, 089 :smiley:

Ya'll have a good rest of your night and I'll check in with ya'll tomorrow!

That’s great! You are working hard so make sure you take some me time during the week.

Hi all
    Sorry I was silent all week.

My phone got damaged and that is what I use to log in and post regularly

I have trouble using mfp on my tablet

My weight for this week is 241.9. It is still a roller-coaster for me and I seem t have no will power to get things under control.

I won't be very active till I get a new smart phone but will try to come in every Tuesday to update my weight and check on everyone.

Have a blessed new week and congrats to all who stuck to their plans
    Xxx

It is really hard to get off the roller coaster. Take it one day at a time. Some of the things that cause me to get in trouble are not enough sleep, stress and not getting enough calories during the day. So try and identify situations that cause you to lose control. Look at ways you can minimize these situations. I wish you the best this week.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196
    CW (Current Weight): 197
    LTD (Loss to Date): 52

Steps:
    I was I’ll this week Mon-Fri and didn’t leave my room so the steps are <200.

Saturday (first day out!) 15 286

I am glad you are feeling better. Your steps yesterday are amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,826
    DBF: 3

I went slightly over yesterday. Overall, I think I did pretty good. I had trouble sleeping last night and I ended up eating a dinner roll which put me over. The good part of this is I did not binge. When having a binge I would have ate all the rolls and a lot more. It was a little easier with the Saturday eating as the grandkids aren’t coming until today and hubby really cut back on his treats. Told you I was going to put my foot down. 😂 I bought the girls no junk yesterday and they are going to eat what I cook for supper. No takeout! I have done three 5 minute walks so far. I am going to go for a short walk soon. It is sunny and cool out. Perfect walking weather again!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Bed by 10 pm
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had gained (4.6 lbs) 😥 because I over ate the other day when I was upset about a new medical diagnosis, 😷 🤕 This morning I have lost (3.4 lbs) of the gained weight. 😸 Still have (1.4 lbs) of gained weight to lose.

It only took one meal for me to gain (4.6 lbs) (was on Oct 8th). Today is the start of the 3rd day trying to lose just the gained weight. I know over eating is not worth it, since it's so much harder to lose the weight gained. But still do it when I allow my emotions to take over. I need to learn to 🤐 control my response to my emotions 😩 and not over eat.

I'm a work in progress, and know it's one day at a time. It's not a diet I'm on, but this is a new life style I'm building for now and for my future. 😺💕
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

li64k6rizgnn.png
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under Calorie No
    Steps 17,422
    Exercise Rest day

I decided to not track today to enjoy time with my friends visiting. While I didn’t exercise I still stayed active with the kids. With eating I tried to be mindful yet still enjoy a couple beers and a cookie. I think I did ok overall since my meals were not unhealthy and I didn’t snack in between which I think is where the majority of my calories come from a lot. I choose a salad with scallops for dinner while everything one else ate fried seafood. Have a great Sunday everyone!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    bnc57jdigyqm.jpg
    k1s72mqmhks5.png
    d5gf3ptdel2f.png
    mtlb4grmo8vd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st WaistAways 0.48%
    2nd Trimstones 0.39%
    3rd Downsizers 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st WaistAways 29.3 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 22.6 Lbs
    3rd Downsizers 22.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @twitch82 2.75 %
    2nd @angmarie28 2.66%
    3rd @breanacasey2017 2.23 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @evangsimmons170 7.0 Lbs
    2nd @breanacasey2017 5.2 Lbs
    3rd @twitch82 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @emj90210
    @AmyG1982
    @trooworld
    @TASCascalho
    @eggfreak
    @PlaneMonkey
    @brittcasey87
    @1theresamcvean
    @imgwendolyn2015

hlt9lj73s1be.png

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    🌟🤩Congratulations @twitch82 , @AmyG1982 & @TASCascalho 🤩🌟
  • azkunk
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,826
    DBF: 3

I went slightly over yesterday. Overall, I think I did pretty good. I had trouble sleeping last night and I ended up eating a dinner roll which put me over. The good part of this is I did not binge. When having a binge I would have ate all the rolls and a lot more. It was a little easier with the Saturday eating as the grandkids aren’t coming until today and hubby really cut back on his treats. Told you I was going to put my foot down. 😂 I bought the girls no junk yesterday and they are going to eat what I cook for supper. No takeout! I have done three 5 minute walks so far. I am going to go for a short walk soon. It is sunny and cool out. Perfect walking weather again!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Bed by 10 pm

Great job with not bingeing. It’s so easy to eat more than one dinner roll. It’s definitely one of my weaknesses. I’m glad you put your foot down and got hubby in lime. It’s so much easier when the temptation is not there constantly in your face.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    GOALS: Saturday, Oct. 10

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: NO (rest day)
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    Sat 10/10: 2,398
    STEPS FOR WEEK #1: 10/4-10/10 = 128,944

Went out for the day driving around in the great weather in my friend's convertible and then had pizza and cookies. Wasn't a good diet or exercise day, but sure felt great to just relax and have fun on a warm, sunny Fall day. :) Sometimes you need to take care of your mental health above all else, especially in these times.

Have a great Sunday team :)

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/10: 17,096
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    Options
    Hello marvelous downsizers .........I hope everyone is doing good ... I am quite sore today but I need to meal prep for the week and that is all I am doing today besides watching Nascar :) I hope everyone has a great week :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for 10/10

Steps: 7285
    Calories: 1342 (62 remaining)
    Water: 75
    C25K: 0 of 3
    Closed Ring Streak: 34 days

Yesterday was a busy day. We had a mud room locker built this week and the guy did a terrible job. I spent the last 2 days sanding and painting a reconstructed base that my husband built. Needless to say, I am sore. I’m not sure if C25K will happen this week as o need to go back into work instead of working from home. That changes everything schedule wise for me. But I I will figure it out.

On the plus side, scale is down again today and I am 1.4 away for 20 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.