Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in 10/20

Steps: 7619
    Calories: under 1000 ☹️
    Water: 86oz
    Exercise: just a dog walk

I know that I need to better with calories and today is better. Work has been stressful this week. Those who work in a hospital know what a Joint Commission survey is and we are in the middle of a 4-day survey. I help to man the “command center” and one of our surveyors is really tough. So, it’s was a long day.

To blow off steam, I went for a hike after work. There is a trail in my development that gains almost 200 feet elevation in less 0.25 miles. It’s a staircase built into the side of a foothill that has over 330 steps. We take the steps up and hike the trail back down.

Great job ... missing steps for 10/19
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

10/19: 7079 😉
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Oct. 21

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: YES
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS
    WED. 10/21: 18,911
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    Thank you @azkunk & @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll look into the Instapot. I hope it's big. My crockpot was 12 qt size, huge, so I could make a big family meal with lots of leftovers.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10/21/2020 Checkin

ScorpioGirl70
    Weigh In Day: Friday

Steps: 4163
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Question: My crockpot lid broke and I cannot find a replacement part for it online. I'm giving up and just going to get a new one, OR should I get a pressure cooker? Anyone have experience with a pressure cooker, and if so, which do you recommend?

TIA!

I have an InstaPot, but have not used it yet and have had it for 6 months.
    I love my slow cooker. I think they both have a use in homes.
    The InstaPot, to me, is intimidating, and frankly I haven't found anything that is faster to make in an InstaPot vs the old fashioned way. Hoping one day I will find an actual use for it.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you @azkunk & @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll look into the Instapot. I hope it's big. My crockpot was 12 qt size, huge, so I could make a big family meal with lots of leftovers.

I have an 8qt but I know they make a 10qt
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    10/21 check in.

drank water yes
    6722 steps and 4.9 Miles on bike in 19.23 min
    closed rings...yes

October Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.2
    CW:170.6
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.4
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 . I love my Apple watch. I do miss my fitbit, for the bingo challenges and such. Apple's challenges are meh.

My NSV is having the energy to spend time with my family doing things besides watching tv.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My app has been going crazy and I am just now able to open the community
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    You recipe sounds good but I despise milk. Just curious does the super greens change the taste and where do you get them from? I ordered some from epicure once and ended up giving them to my daughter. Another stellar day from you!

@Tazaria87
    Well done bumping up your steps! You are very inspiring and have great insight. I love those quotes!

@missGYST
    Nice loss! I think your plan for the week is great.

@azkunk
    Great way to relieve stress. Your hike sounds challenging. Make sure to get those calories above 1000. You need substance to do a hike like that. I can’t walk up the 6 flights to my apartment without dying so kudos to you for doing all those stairs.

@eaturpasta
    Well done on meeting your goals! What is a bingo challenge with Fitbit?

@shortyjmorgan1
    It has been flaky for awhile. Very frustrating!

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE @Megan_smartiepants1970 @azkunk @ScorpioGirl70
    I think I would be intimidated by the instant pot also. If I did get one I would have to get one with an air fryer. I use my slow cooker a lot especially on days I have to use the car. That way everything is cooked when we get home. I am going to research recipes for the instant pot and see if it would be beneficial to buy one.

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    6xdaja7i0c49.jpg
    My favorite fall casserole
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1 that sounds great. I am actively looking for family dinner recipes like this. Thanks for sharing!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning ...Happy Thursday Everyone .... I hope everyone is doing good and killing their goals ... I am about to go walking with my daughter and Aspen the husky.... I had an off day yesterday no walk and I felt weird ...but I am back to my bubbly self today :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 2,534
    Sleep: Yes
    DBF: 0

Today I am meal planning for the week. I need to find a new recipe on Pinterest. I also have a physio appointment this morning.

Have a great day!

Goals this week
    1. No binge eating/late night snacking
    2. Sleep at least 7.5 hours
    3. Stay within maintenance calories
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Speaking of new recipe ... I am will be making Chicken Parmesan (keto version) with easy no cook keto marinara .... I am sooo looking forward to this recipe :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    You recipe sounds good but I despise milk. Just curious does the super greens change the taste and where do you get them from? I ordered some from epicure once and ended up giving them to my daughter. Another stellar day from you!

The protein shake tastes like a chocolate shake, but if you don't like milk, you could omit the milk for coffee or a little water with a banana?

I use Green Vibrance, (it's a bit pricey IMO);
    2e1n5s1s1aav.png

But Amazing Grass is also good (and a little less pricey);
    7w9j5n0ed4af.jpeg
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE @Megan_smartiepants1970 @azkunk @ScorpioGirl70
    I think I would be intimidated by the instant pot also. If I did get one I would have to get one with an air fryer. I use my slow cooker a lot especially on days I have to use the car. That way everything is cooked when we get home. I am going to research recipes for the instant pot and see if it would be beneficial to buy one.

Yes, @ScorpioGirl70 said it. I feel really intimidated by all of those bells & whistles, buttons on that Instapot. I think I need to do the same and look up some recipes to see if I'd actually use it.

Thanks for the shares! :) Have a great Thursday
    jawqlsy460bw.jpeg

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories Yes
    Steps 17,865
    Exercise 39 min 10 rounds boxing workout

Yesterday was a good day all around. Weighed in less, tracked all day and didn’t overeat. Still need to incorporate more fruits and veg. Had some but could definitely benefit from more. I was able to get in a short dog walk and longer 45 min walk with my neighbor. Weather has switched back to being summer like and humid for a couple of days here.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Question: My crockpot lid broke and I cannot find a replacement part for it online. I'm giving up and just going to get a new one, OR should I get a pressure cooker? Anyone have experience with a pressure cooker, and if so, which do you recommend?

TIA!

I also have an instapot and like it. I believe mine is 6 quarts and works for my family of 4. I was scared of it at first but once you get the hang of it not scary at all. I bought the air fryer lid for my instapot since I didn’t want another large piece of equipment to store. It works good but not sure if the other options is better.
This discussion has been closed.