Downsizers - October 2020 Team Chat

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
edited October 2020 in Social Groups
j7ls5e4ab1fv.png

Here is your Team chat room for October 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr and @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    My name is Megan ....I am a motivator, temporary co-captain for our marvelous downsizers team .... I love to support/encourage help in any way I can for anyone on their journey ......I am a single mother of 2 .... my son who will be 21 October 24th (he doesn't live with me) and my daughter who will be 15 on October 5th ...I home school her and always have she is now a sophomore in H.S ... I have 2 dogs a Siberian Husky named Aspen( will be 3 December 22nd) and a German Shepherd named Dakota (will be 3 on Oct 10th ) I have 2 Grandma Kitties that are both almost 16 they are both calicos ...Kylie is a long hair black, orange and white calico and Mocha is the black and orange tortoise shell ....I also have a Senegal parrot named Petey ... he loves to talk and sing ...I get woken up every morning with GOOOOOD MORNING :) ....I use to be an ER nurse but when I became preggo with my daughter I quit my job due to I didn't want to have someone else raise her ...Her father has denied her from day 1 ...(his loss) ..I have been on MFP off and on since 2009 ... When things got tough I had a bad habit of quitting and deleting my accounts... I promised myself I would never quit on ME again and I have stuck to that promise 626 days so far ..Looking forward to supporting and watching all of you get to your goals :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    2rlmsfwladia.jpeg

Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers October team chat! My name is Linda and I am on of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing @mari_moulin. Mari is off for a few months and Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 is graciously filling in for her. Megan is awesome! Ziortza @Marigorringo is our team motivator.

I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 56 years old, married and have 3 adult children. I also have 3 beautiful granddaughters. Two of my granddaughters live in Ontario but little Stella lives in Scotland. I have 2 cats, one named Nick and the other Lady.

I struggled with my weight since the birth of my son 33 years ago. So I have been overweight most of my adult life. I started my weight loss journey in February 2019. I have been with F2F since I started. I have lost 58 pounds so far and have another 60 to go. I count calories, faithfully log all my food and I do Intermittent fasting. For exercise, I usually walk. Right now my exercise is limited due to a torn rotator cuff and a problem with my right leg. I am going to try and break my walking into 5 minute chunks this month. September wasn’t the best month for me as my motivation was lagging and I had trouble with binge eating. I am now 10 days binge free! October is my month to shine. I am excited to be on this journey with you!

October goals
    1. no binge eating
    2. Walk 5 minutes at a time at least 5 times daily
    3. Drink 70 ounces of water daily
    4. Try a new recipe every week

Housekeeping

Weigh In
    We will post a weigh in reminder every day. The format for posting your weight is in the team chat introduction above. If you can’t weigh in durning a particular week, please let me know ahead of time.

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. If you want to participate let her know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge,
    recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Please take time to introduce yourself as it is fun to get to know your teammates!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    r1xs9mwtef50.jpeg

October STEP CHALLENGE

Hello Downsizers!! Our October Step Challenge will be starting this coming Sunday October 4th!

We will continue on our step challenge as we’ve done for September.

Our goal is to keep ourselves moving as best we can 🚶🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️. No excuses!! There are so many different walking/workout videos on YouTube. Many of us can get ourselves outdoors for walks or runs and others have backyards they can use to get those steps in. Or simply move that coffee table out the way and walk in place while watching your favorite movie or TV show.

So set yourself a daily step goal and see if you can increase it by the end of the month. Let’s see if we can beat our TOTAL last month as a team! Every step counts!!

hacp7mvhx660.png

To join the step challenge, just let us know you want to join by tagging Megan on a post using @Megan_smartiepants1970.

She will need you to then post your steps daily to make it easier for her to keep up with them on the spreadsheet. Let’s go steppers!!

ktq96mx3ycfx.png

• Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome to all newcomers! My name is Ashley. I'm 33 years old, a wife, and a mother to a 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life with several journeys up and down the scale. I hit my highest weight of 323 lbs before getting pregnant with my son. I only know the weight because I weighed myself before going to the doctor to be prepared for the number. I was too scared to find out before that because I knew I was beyond my highest weight previously recorded. I lost 100lbs after he was born but then got pregnant with my daughter and slowly put most of it back on.

My current journey started in the middle of April this year. I'm determined to make this my last one. I've had some slip ups and some difficulties, but the difference this time is that I just keep going no matter what. I've lost a little over 50 lbs since April and would like to lose about 60 more though I don't know what my final weight goal is.

My goals daily are
    Track/log everything
    Stay under calorie
    Drink 128oz of water
    Get 9000+ steps (except for Sunday)
    30+ min walk (except for Sunday)

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    So good that we have October. The months are going quickly.
    I'm in for the steps! They give me that push of wanting to do the things better!
    I think this Month challenge is every year they to lose some weight and mostly try to be as less blown up for the costumes of halloween
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the September chat before realizing it's already October!

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 197.4
    CW (Current Weight): 196lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 53lbs

Steps:
    Sunday 1 098
    Monday 4 077
    Tuesday 8 260
    Wednesday 5 860
    Thursday 7 637
    Friday 3 016
    Saturday 11 003
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Calories: over
    Exercise: walk with family
    Water: not enough
    Steps: 14,115

I was good throughout the day knowing I was going out last night. Dragged the family on a walk to get steps in which turned out to be a big mistake since my 10 year old complained the whole time. I was over with calories with eating out but I was mindful at least and started with a salad and ate half my meal and brought the rest home. We went out for Italian which I found hard to make good choices.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Hi all! Welcome to all newcomers! My name is Ashley. I'm 33 years old, a wife, and a mother to a 5 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life with several journeys up and down the scale. I hit my highest weight of 323 lbs before getting pregnant with my son. I only know the weight because I weighed myself before going to the doctor to be prepared for the number. I was too scared to find out before that because I knew I was beyond my highest weight previously recorded. I lost 100lbs after he was born but then got pregnant with my daughter and slowly put most of it back on.

My current journey started in the middle of April this year. I'm determined to make this my last one. I've had some slip ups and some difficulties, but the difference this time is that I just keep going no matter what. I've lost a little over 50 lbs since April and would like to lose about 60 more though I don't know what my final weight goal is.

My goals daily are
    Track/log everything
    Stay under calorie
    Drink 128oz of water
    Get 9000+ steps (except for Sunday)
    30+ min walk (except for Sunday)

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend!

So glad to have you back for October! You have great goals for the month and with your focus I am sure you will do amazing.

So good that we have October. The months are going quickly.
    I'm in for the steps! They give me that push of wanting to do the things better!
    I think this Month challenge is every year they to lose some weight and mostly try to be as less blown up for the costumes of halloween

Even with Covid this year has gone so fast. October is one of my most favourite months of the year. I am looking forward to watching you have great success this month

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I posted this in the September chat before realizing it's already October!

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 197.4
    CW (Current Weight): 196lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 53lbs

Steps:
    Sunday 1 098
    Monday 4 077
    Tuesday 8 260
    Wednesday 5 860
    Thursday 7 637
    Friday 3 016
    Saturday 11 003

Amazing loss! Sorry about you having to post twice. I forgot to post the new chat link last night. 🤦‍♀️

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Exercise: walk with family
    Water: not enough
    Steps: 14,115

I was good throughout the day knowing I was going out last night. Dragged the family on a walk to get steps in which turned out to be a big mistake since my 10 year old complained the whole time. I was over with calories with eating out but I was mindful at least and started with a salad and ate half my meal and brought the rest home. We went out for Italian which I found hard to make good choices.

It can be hard to stay within calories when eating out but it is something we all do on occasion. Great job on bringing half your meal home. My 8 year old granddaughter complains big time when we go for a walk. I bribe her when we walk. Grandma’s can do that! 😆
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post October 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8889
    Walk 60 mins

My husband and I tried Indian food last night from a local place. It was really good. I logged it with what I found in MFP so hopefully it's somewhat accurate. Either way, I just ate my first meal then didn't eat again till dinner to keep back calories. I also went for a 60 minute walk while pushing my daughter in the stroller before dinner. I was proud of myself too for stopping eating when I got full instead of stuffing myself because I wanted to finish it. It was tempting because it was so good, but I knew I'd be sick overnight if I ate it all.

Today is rest day as we usually go to my parents house on Sunday for family time. So no walking or step goal but need to
    Track
    Stay under calorie
    Drink 128oz of water
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Exercise: walked in 5 minute chunks total 25 minutes
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 7,208 @Megan_smartiepants1970 add me to the step challenge please
    DBF: 11

Went a little over yesterday. My granddaughter wanted chicken shawarma’s for supper. She had fries with hers but I just ate the shawarma. I wasn’t sure on the calories so I picked the highest calorie entry in the database. I have 3 of my 5 minute walks done so far so I am on track to meet that goal. My new recipe for the week is going to be sweet garlic chicken.

Have a super Sunday!

Goals for week
    1. Walk 5 minutes at 5 times daily
    2. No binge eating
    3. 70 ounces
    4. Try a new recipe every week
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post October 3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8889
    Walk 60 mins

My husband and I tried Indian food last night from a local place. It was really good. I logged it with what I found in MFP so hopefully it's somewhat accurate. Either way, I just ate my first meal then didn't eat again till dinner to keep back calories. I also went for a 60 minute walk while pushing my daughter in the stroller before dinner. I was proud of myself too for stopping eating when I got full instead of stuffing myself because I wanted to finish it. It was tempting because it was so good, but I knew I'd be sick overnight if I ate it all.

Today is rest day as we usually go to my parents house on Sunday for family time. So no walking or step goal but need to
    Track
    Stay under calorie
    Drink 128oz of water

This is funny as I was writing my update at the same time as you. I also had to go with a database energy instead of known calories for my supper last night. Well done on stopping before you overate. Being mindful while we eat is so important.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm new to Fat2Fit and to MFP. Although I had started MFP last April with my real name and my photo, but got so many men sending me messages that I deleted the account and started over. Very strange to me, as this is a fitness app, I wasn't expecting that, so I am being more careful about sharing here, but about me;

I am 47, a wife and Mom of two teens, and my fur-children, a dog and a cat. I had lost over 100 lbs. previously and in the best shape of my life, and held it off for years, until Covid hit. I really relied on the gym to lift weights to keep the pounds off, so I have gained over 20 lbs since last March.

I am now home full-time, working here since Covid, and being here 24/7 has been a real difficulty on my diet. I am a stress eater/emotional eater, so since I cannot get my "gym outlet" workouts away from home and my work anymore, it's been a major road block to my goals and weight loss.

I am so grateful for finding this group and looking forward to progress in October!

GOALS: Saturday, Oct. 3

🏃🏻‍♀️Workout: YES
    💦 Water: YES
    🍽 Food: NO (anniversary cheat meal)
    😴Sleep: YES

STEPS

Sat 10/3: 18,427

I had a huge pasta dinner last night for my anniversary dinner with cake too, and I am really feeling it this morning. I have carb hang over. Hopefully yesterday won't undo all of the week's efforts going forward.

• Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10/2 6,626 steps
    10/3 13,326 steps
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Steps 10/3= 7607

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - count me in for the step challenge again this month, please 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️
  • azkunk
    Options
    I’m Andrea and this is my second month with the Downsizers. I turned 49 in May and found myself at the heaviest I’ve been in my life. I decided that I needed to finally do something and made a goal to lose 50 lbs by the time I turn 50. I didn’t get super serious until August and I am now well on my way with 17 down and 33 to go. That is not my final goal but a realistic one. I will adjust as I get closer. Ideally, I’d like to be between 135-140. But I’d be just as happy at 150

October Goals
    Lose 1lb/week
    7,500 steps/day (increase of 500)
    Couch to 5K- 3 workouts/week
    Close rings every day this month

• TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - please add me to the step challenge for October 😀
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Steps 10/3= 7607

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - count me in for the step challenge again this month, please 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

I am missing steps from you on 10/2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    For the step challenge ...I am keeping everyone on the spreadsheet unless you tell me to remove you ...Also if anyone wants to be added to the step challenge please let me know so that I can add you :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Steps 10/3= 7607

I am missing steps from you on 10/2

10/2 = 9664
This discussion has been closed.